Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Ruel's VA was pretty good but Nox and Grovy's were godawful (think California surfer for Grovy and extremely wimpy for Nox) and having watched the first ep in English for the first time a few days ago I remember thinking Hugo's was crap too. The girls seemed fine though and Rubilax was also okay.

edit: And don't expect the MMO to take off. From what I've heard it a very poorly balanced grind-fest with old style Runescape-like top-down graphics. Everyone I've spoken to who played it says that the only reason to do so is if you really like the TV show and comics and just have to visit places from them.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ok this is strange there's a show called "The Secret Millionaires Club"

It features an animated Warren Buffet and Jay-Z who are flanked by a group of 14 year olds. The entire point of the series is that the kids go around the world giving financial advice to people.

It's supposedly exactly like Captain Planet only instead of saving the enviroment it's about money.

No clue on how the animation is, the character designs are very simplistic however. It's set to air in March of next year.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vaerai Archon posted:

It features an animated Warren Buffet and Jay-Z who are flanked by a group of 14 year olds. The entire point of the series is that the kids go around the world giving financial advice to people.

It's supposedly exactly like Captain Planet only instead of saving the enviroment it's about money.
That's loving scary. More than anything, it will probably be advice to kids on how to save money and stuff like that, but I can't help but think that it's propaganda from the "job creators."

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 15, 2011

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Ah, it apparently started out as a webseries. Am I safe to assume that this is the only program in history to have a theme song whose first line is "I'm good friends with Warren Buffett"?

mobo85 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 15, 2011

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
My favourite cartoon right now is Transformers: Prime. It's sort of bland, but a lot of the episodes handle basic tension and atmosphere real well. Sometimes the show can even be exciting.

I also like the character designs a lot more than other incarnations of Transformers. Arcee especially.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Y-Hat posted:

That's loving scary. More than anything, it will probably be advice to kids on how to save money and stuff like that, but I can't help but think that it's propaganda from the "job creators."

Propaganda hardly ever works as intended if it's made into a show like that. You could definetly argue that Strawberry Shortcake embelishes every episodes with Ayn Rand's personal philosophies, but it's not going to warp the minds of those who watch it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Vaerai Archon posted:

No clue on how the animation is, the character designs are very simplistic however. It's set to air in March of next year.

IIRC Hub aired the pilot a month or two ago, didn't watch it since the premise seemed stupid and you know the whole propaganda thing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Vaerai Archon posted:

That hasn't aired yet? I remember seeing commercials for it months ago on The Hub or something and wondering who the gently caress in the current economy decided it was a good idea to make a TV show starring Warren loving Buffet.

Vaerai Archon posted:

Propaganda hardly ever works as intended if it's made into a show like that. You could definetly argue that Strawberry Shortcake embelishes every episodes with Ayn Rand's personal philosophies, but it's not going to warp the minds of those who watch it.

On the other hand, who can't still recite the Captain Planet theme song word for word.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Vaerai Archon posted:

Because if there's anybody I want to receive financial advice from, it's a rapper! Because rappers are so frugal and so practical!

That sounds like a truly thrilling premise. Maybe next they'll make a cartoon where Martha Stewart, Heloise, and Nate Berkus are superheroes who fly around the world to give kids advice on menu planning, pesky stain removal, and interior design.

Don't get me wrong--I think kids desperately need to understand how money works. After all, of the major financial scams are targeted specifically at the young, the credulous, the inexperienced, and the desperate. The problem is, no normal child is going to willingly pick this snoozefest over MLP or Transformers.

quote:

Am I safe to assume that this is the only program in history to have a theme song whose first line is "I'm good friends with Warren Buffett"?

Well, and after the first bar, I heard, "If you want to destroy my sweater..."

Tartarus Sauce fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 16, 2011

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

According to Wikipedia it's based on a webshow and here's its website.

The animation's not that good, it looks like one of those boring educational cartoons.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Because if there's anybody I want to receive financial advice from, it's a rapper! Because rappers are so frugal and so practical!

Jay-Z is one of the richest people in the music industry so yeah, I think he would be a decent person to take some finical advice from.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Jay-Z is one of the richest people in the music industry so yeah, I think he would be a decent person to take some finical advice from.

I believe he's saying that while Jay-Z and many other musicians may be financially sound, the public persona of most rappers is that of a fiscally irresponsible individual.

raditts posted:

That hasn't aired yet? I remember seeing commercials for it months ago on The Hub or something and wondering who the gently caress in the current economy decided it was a good idea to make a TV show starring Warren loving Buffet.

Tweaked your post for accuracy. I don't care about the economy two shits, America could be some golden utopia, and I would still say that Warren Buffet Adventures doesn't sound like a good idea.

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
http://ianjq.tumblr.com/post/14316469403/another-smfa-i-storyboarded-is-supposed-to-air Linking this for the one guy on SA who likes SMFA, isn't involved with the show and isn't me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SlothfulCobra posted:

According to Wikipedia it's based on a webshow and here's its website.

The animation's not that good, it looks like one of those boring educational cartoons.

That was just really boring and lovely. I was hoping for it to be offensively bad, but nope, just bad. What kind of 4 year old knows who Warren Buffet is anyway? I figure most adults probably don't even know.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

TwoPair posted:

I believe he's saying that while Jay-Z and many other musicians may be financially sound, the public persona of most rappers is that of a fiscally irresponsible individual.

Yes, quite.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Eggie posted:

My favourite cartoon right now is Transformers: Prime. It's sort of bland, but a lot of the episodes handle basic tension and atmosphere real well. Sometimes the show can even be exciting.

I also like the character designs a lot more than other incarnations of Transformers. Arcee especially.

You don't need to be so damning with your praise there, Transformers Prime owns. It owns a LOT harder than that OTHER show everyone talks about on the hub :mad:.
Then again I've love all of Young Justice, too, and no one talks about that except to whine about it, so what do I know.

Annnnd to complete the trifecta of cartoon action shows I'm too old for, anyone really disappointed in Thundercats? I had to drop it, it was too cutesy and dumb, had horrible characterization, and really did not follow up on the promise of its designs :sigh:.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Yonic Symbolism posted:

You don't need to be so damning with your praise there, Transformers Prime owns. It owns a LOT harder than that OTHER show everyone talks about on the hub :mad:.
Then again I've love all of Young Justice, too, and no one talks about that except to whine about it, so what do I know.

Annnnd to complete the trifecta of cartoon action shows I'm too old for, anyone really disappointed in Thundercats? I had to drop it, it was too cutesy and dumb, had horrible characterization, and really did not follow up on the promise of its designs :sigh:.

Batman? Don't diss the Bat. Good show and good hours, come home watch some TAS while doing house stuff, do other stuff, and then chill late at night with Adam West. I positively absolutely have no idea what OTHER show you could possibly talking about.

Speaking of Transformers it seems that they have a new series coming out, does that mean the Prime series is done? Stuff happened at the end, I want to see how they deal with that problem.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

PhazonLink posted:

Batman? Don't diss the Bat. Good show and good hours, come home watch some TAS while doing house stuff, do other stuff, and then chill late at night with Adam West. I positively absolutely have no idea what OTHER show you could possibly talking about.

Speaking of Transformers it seems that they have a new series coming out, does that mean the Prime series is done? Stuff happened at the end, I want to see how they deal with that problem.

Nope.
There's two Transformers shows now.
Transformers Rescue Bots is for babies and is full of silly, Transfomers Prime is for teens and is full of angst.
A lot of the people who loved Animated and acted like their puppy died when it was put down will probably love Rescue Bots. I liked Animated at the time, but it was like the first Transformers show that had a modicum of original thought put into it in like... 5 years? 6?
Season 2 of Prime is on track and Hasbro may be making it the main show for years to come from what I've heard, which I'm fine with.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I don't think anyone who liked TF:A will like Rescue Bots. What awful garbage.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Yonic Symbolism posted:

You don't need to be so damning with your praise there, Transformers Prime owns.

I don't think I was that damning. Don't get me wrong, I think the show is great. It's just... lame sometimes.

However, I hope with the second season the writers are able to carry the plot and take it further as more depth is introduced to the characters.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I was watching Looney Tunes with my daughter the other day and this song legitimately cracked me up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOo8aBv2tEI

"Giant Robot Love" by Daffy Duck

"he stabs you with his trident and you're deaaaad..." ruins me, maybe it's the backtrack singing it all peaceful-like. Lola also has a pretty funny song about Presidents (including Harrison Ford, Christina Aguilera, and President Godzilla) that is pretty funny but I can't seem to find. Lola is pretty consistently funny.

Bugs: "What do you want to see tonight?"
Lola: "Aliens."
Bugs: "Isn't... isn't that an old movie?"
Lola: "It's a movie? :downs:"

Digital Scumbag fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 19, 2011

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Friday's U-Pick '90s Are All That Christmas special lineup.

12:00AM EST - Rugrats: “The Santa Experience”
12:30AM EST - Doug: “Doug’s Christmas Story”
1:00AM EST - Hey Arnold!: “Arnold’s Christmas”
1:30AM EST - Rocko's Modern Life: “Rocko’s Modern Christmas”

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Please, Y-Hat, stop posting 90s are all that lineups. We have tv guides and stuff.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Cliff Racer posted:

Please, Y-Hat, stop posting 90s are all that lineups. We have tv guides and stuff.

Shut up, it's interesting even if I'm not watching.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I thought people would like to know. It's no different than posting the Saturday and Sunday schedules in the Adult Swim thread every week.

Also I completely forgot that Rugrats had an episode based on Cool Hand Luke.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 23, 2011

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

So I was watching TF: Prime a little more and I realized that they had an illegal street racing episode with no heavy-handed moral at the end. :monocle:

I'm just about done the first season and I found Unicron being the core of Earth a very cool twist, although they could have revealed it a little better. This show is shaping up to be the best Transformers cartoon yet!

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Figured this was as good a place as any to post my...find in a 7-Eleven parking lot a few minutes ago. For all I know this could belong to a goon, so my apologies, not trying to piss off anyone. It just struck me as funny.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Eggie posted:

So I was watching TF: Prime a little more and I realized that they had an illegal street racing episode with no heavy-handed moral at the end. :monocle:

I don't believe there was a moral to the street racing ep of Sym-Bionic Titan

:cry:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Behonkiss posted:

Figured this was as good a place as any to post my...find in a 7-Eleven parking lot a few minutes ago. For all I know this could belong to a goon, so my apologies, not trying to piss off anyone. It just struck me as funny.

I like to think that belongs to some kind old lady who has been nicknamed "Brony" for whatever reason her whole life. And then the new My Little Pony happened.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
^^^^ Kindly old ladies don't buy Scions.

Sockser posted:

I don't believe there was a moral to the street racing ep of Sym-Bionic Titan

:cry:

The moral is "if you're not a giant toy commercial CN will send you to the death slot, gently caress you and the multiple Emmies you rode in on!"

:suicide:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
With a license plate like that he'll be a Virginian for life.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

404GoonNotFound posted:

^^^^ Kindly old ladies don't buy Scions.

Who the gently caress does?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Eggie posted:

TF Animated had a street racing episode with no moral... kinda. I think there was a moral, but it had nothing to do with street racing. More to do with "Listen to Optimus".

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Hasbro still won't give us season 3 of TF Animated on DVD :mad:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

Young, hip, counter-culture unique snowflakes, judging by the commercials.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

IRQ posted:

Armored fighting forces do. I am sure of this.

Boosh.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Behonkiss posted:

I choose to believe that this is either a poor attempt at having "Brawny" on the licence plate, or the owner of this car is a great LeBron James fan.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

After Wikipedia binging for an hour, I'm reminded of old shows I used to watch, but it's shows like Timon and Pumbaa and Dog City that are special in that I watched them all the time(every day for months) but I can barely remember a frame of them. With Timon and Pumbaa I can remember they gave Rafiki a nephew but the only part of Dog City I can remember is the theme song, which doesn't surprise me.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I found out last night that there actually was a last episode to Chowder and watched it.

It was pretty amazing and the premise of it had me dying throughout.

Chowder starts singing about how he never wants to grow up and holds a note for 20 years, so when he's done singing, he's a grown up.

I wish Cartoon Network would knock it off with their practice of creating a really popular show, then when its nearing its end, just says "gently caress it" and never tells anyone when its ending and throws it at some random time during their schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Eggie posted:

After Wikipedia binging for an hour, I'm reminded of old shows I used to watch, but it's shows like Timon and Pumbaa and Dog City that are special in that I watched them all the time(every day for months) but I can barely remember a frame of them. With Timon and Pumbaa I can remember they gave Rafiki a nephew but the only part of Dog City I can remember is the theme song, which doesn't surprise me.

The Timon and Pumba tv show was loving hilarious.