Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
Update.

Miracle of a new beginning, eh?
Also, looks like Jane has taken to her Dream body. Could the game-breaking shenangans have already started, or is this perhaps really just her sleeping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Jane was already awake.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Jane's fondly regarding creation.

What could it be?

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

MrBims posted:

Jane was already awake.

I meant in regard to the possibility of her dying. You know, die + corpsesmooch = dreamself?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

TOAST7312 posted:

I meant in regard to the possibility of her dying. You know, die + corpsesmooch = dreamself?

It could be that she just died and hasn't started taking on her realself's wounds yet. But since no one's around that could corpsesmooch her, I hope/expect she does have a shortcut around that rule.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Or perhaps she did just faint from the explosion and being unconscious means your dream self is awake.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

How can she participate in Sburb if she's on Skaia? That seems to create problems as far as prototyping and other critical things go. I suspect either that she is not dead, that there are problems on the horizon, or that there are some serious shenanigans forthcoming.

e: Or all of the above?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

creationist believer posted:

It could be that she just died and hasn't started taking on her realself's wounds yet. But since no one's around that could corpsesmooch her, I hope/expect she does have a shortcut around that rule.

Maybe dreamselves only take on the injuries of realselves if you are awake and in the Medium? Aradia's dreamself was clearly unbothered by being dead, after all.

Mr. Lobe posted:

How can she participate in Sburb if she's on Skaia? That seems to create problems as far as prototyping and other critical things go. I suspect either that she is not dead, that there are problems on the horizon, or that there are some serious shenanigans forthcoming.

She could hang around on Prospit until the Reckoning, ride an early game meteor back to near her house, and then enter the Medium in the traditional manner.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 31, 2011

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

tinaun posted:

Jane's fondly regarding creation.

What could it be?

It's a callback to last New Year's Eve when the most important character in Homestuck fondly regarded the miracle of a new beginning.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
But this is a blue explosion! What the goddamn is it?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

YggiDee posted:

Maybe dreamselves only take on the injuries of realselves if you are awake and in the Medium? Aradia's dreamself was clearly unbothered by being dead, after all.

She could hang around on Prospit until the Reckoning, ride an early game meteor back to near her house, and then enter the Medium in the traditional manner.

Yeah, but Aradia hadn't awoken on Derse yet when she dies. The fact that Derse only had 5 dream towers and her dreamself corpse was left in the crypt suggests that Sgrub always 'knew' she was going to die.

Jane maybe being dead, Jake's dreamself dying, no prototype towers... For a session that's supposed to be one that sets everything right, poo poo sure seems hosed up in every way imaginable.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Isn't it obvious?

Dad corpsemooched her, because he is the Fan of Pipes

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

e: Or all of the above?

One of the working theories was that there may be no prototyping in this session, so as to 'trap' LE in a pre-prototype terminal session and use the tadpole that may or may not still be alive from the precious session to make the new universe without actually using this session's SBurb.

If that makes any sense.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I get the feeling that the regular Battlefield staples are going to be coming from outside sources this time around. Like, Betty Crocker and the Demoness would be the surrogate black and white queen respectively. There's already those Imperial Drones of Crocker's...

Speaking of which, I wonder what the real life Betty Crocker corp feels about their mascot being portrayed as a female, inter-galactic version of Luca Blight?

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Level Slide posted:

Speaking of which, I wonder what the real life Betty Crocker corp feels about their mascot being portrayed as a female, inter-galactic version of Luca Blight?

They're probably not too broken up about the female part.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Level Slide posted:

Speaking of volume 8, I can associate most of the songs (the free ones at least) with their respective events except Ocean Stars Falling. It sounds far too relaxed for the Squiddles on its cover.

I guess it's for the [s] update where 48 Squiddles are introduced and summarily killed off...
Ocean Stars Falling is too awesome to be left off an album.

But something unrelated I've been thinking about-in regards to the popular theory that the ectobiology babies ride the reckoning to universes B1 & B2...

Would that mean anything for the Exiles whom also rode meteors? Would it mean anything for Bec Noir?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Bell_ posted:

But something unrelated I've been thinking about-in regards to the popular theory that the ectobiology babies ride the reckoning to universes B1 & B2...

Would that mean anything for the Exiles whom also rode meteors? Would it mean anything for Bec Noir?

I'd say that is something only Hussie knows. It is entirely possible that the duplication only existed for those 8 meteors as part of the deal whereby the players are switched, or it is entirely possible that every meteor is duplicated into the new universe. It's just up to whether he wants to make that a part of the story.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

A good poster posted:

It's a callback to last New Year's Eve when the most important character in Homestuck fondly regarded the miracle of a new beginning.

My fiancee is convinced that this means that Jane is now the most important character in Homestuck.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MrBims posted:

I'd say that is something only Hussie knows. It is entirely possible that the duplication only existed for those 8 meteors as part of the deal whereby the players are switched, or it is entirely possible that every meteor is duplicated into the new universe. It's just up to whether he wants to make that a part of the story.

Well we have 4 new players, with 4 new planets, it could very well be an entirely different incipisphere instead of a "reset" one, which could mean new exiles.

e: of course I forgot that its supposed to be an 8 player session, so I would imagine that its a completely new incipisphere.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hahahah Spades is suck a dick.

e: I should mention that theres an update.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh.

Welp.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
greet

So what're the odds the flashy new beginning is the effect of yet another way of reaching godtier? Just how badly can these kids sequence break their game?

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
This leaves just Strider and Lolande.

I'm strangely ok with this.

Unless those coffin stuffers will also bite the dust. :ohdear:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is she on a bed? I can't tell. It doesn't look like it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Slick isn't wasting any time with these kids. He knows what's what.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh hey welcome back Spades.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh goddammit Jack!

You know, I was just thinking after the curtains closed, "wait, does this mean there's another Jack?" I didn't want to be right. :(

Wait, what the hell is he doing on Prospit?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Christ, Hussie's moving fast. He must've want to make sure another character is killed before he went on vacation.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

You know, there's a sleeper agent pun just waiting to be made and I just hope its sometime soon.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Don't know if anyone noticed but the Map also got updated!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I...have no idea what this means.

(Other than coffin-cloggers is very much a Jack thing to call someone
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002791 )

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I thought ACT 5 was Jack Noir kills everyone, I was really hoping he was done killing people.

I mean, besides English, but Spades Slick is one man I wouldn't cross.

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Two down? Who else is dead?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sepherothic posted:

Jake's dreamself.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Sepherothic posted:

Jake's dreamself.

Now I'm worried the visions Jane was seeing were of the other alpha kids just before their untimely deaths :ohdear:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
edit: wrong thread

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Chunky12345 posted:

Jake's dreamself.

Ah right "dead" but not dead dead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And people thought the other sessions were hosed. Jesus, these kids are real screwups.

Alabaster White posted:

Don't know if anyone noticed but the Map also got updated!

And Lord English is still the only guy that gets animated.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Jack you are the worst. What even is this poo poo.

Personally I'm expecting an x3 expectation subversion combo and Jane's realself isn't actually dead, just taking a nap. Because otherwise HUSSIIIIIIIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

what map?