Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Bobulus posted:

^ Yeah, they talked about it while hanging out on the roof right after Annie came back and Kat forgave her for being kind of hard to be friends with, sometimes.

So this chapter is apparently about Red getting a name. It occurs to me that we've got two other characters (Robot, Shadow 2) that really need better names, too. Wonder if that will come up.

Robot has a name, though. It's just not what his friends call him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
She's just going to grab his head in both hands and squeeze him into human shape. Problem solved.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Niton posted:

Robot has a name, though. It's just not what his friends call him.

this is hands down my favorite chapter

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Dodgeball posted:

Can't... stop... re-reading... chapters... You fuckers, stop posting pages!

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=418

I forget, was that the first introduction of boxbot, or is it boxbot's ancestor?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Try not to undress the male students, Jones.

(Apologies in advance to anyone who gets stuck rereading past chapters all day.)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Elysiume posted:

When I first saw that I was amazed. If it weren't for the edges I would not have guessed that it's a water color.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

Try not to undress the male students, Jones.

(Apologies in advance to anyone who gets stuck rereading past chapters all day.)

Huh. Has this ever been used?

Elysiume posted:

That's probably my favorite panel of Annie and seeing it painted is just ludicrously gorgeous.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Tom, you really need to figure out the whole ebay thing so I can ruin my steady climb out of credit card debt.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
That's absolutely beautiful.

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
I have iron will. Though I admit that watercolor got me to read most of chapter 34 looking for the original.

'I think she stole my mp3 player.' is probably my favorite line from it, too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

1stGear posted:

Huh. Has this ever been used?

Nope. It's an unfired Chekov's gun at this point.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

everyone's probably following Tom's tumblr by now, but hey

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Saoshyant posted:

everyone's probably following Tom's tumblr by now, but hey

Can I have a link to his tumblr? I wanna add it to my RSS feeds.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

IronSaber posted:

Can I have a link to his tumblr? I wanna add it to my RSS feeds.

http://gunnerkrigg.tumblr.com/

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

VanSandman posted:

I wonder why Jones is visibly concerned about Shadow 2? Surely she has encountered Robot and Shadow 2 before.

I'm sure Wandering Eye and Jealous Eyes have a lot to talk about.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Maldraedior posted:

this is hands down my favorite chapter

Has the fact that Rey has metal parts inside him been brought up later? I completely forgot about that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ymgve posted:

Has the fact that Rey has metal parts inside him been brought up later? I completely forgot about that.

Tom posted:

No one ever told Reynardine how to use lockpicks.
And then she does! :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ymgve posted:

It's not so much that he has metal parts, rather that she was storing her lockpicks inside his body. (even before he took control of it). They've popped up later, like here and here. Plus, as we saw with the tooth, she's taken to storing other things in him, too.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

I assume ymgve means in the sense of the forest/court divide. The forest (or at least Ysengrin) seems to abhor the artificial objects and substances produced by the court, so it's interesting that Reynardine carries them in his body. Not that he had a choice since Annie told him to, but he hasn't made a fuss about it either.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Kismet posted:

I assume ymgve means in the sense of the forest/court divide. The forest (or at least Ysengrin) seems to abhor the artificial objects and substances produced by the court, so it's interesting that Reynardine carries them in his body. Not that he had a choice since Annie told him to, but he hasn't made a fuss about it either.

It's obvious that Reynard prefers the court to the forest, so this is probably low on the list of things Ysengrin would prod/bitch about.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw she just wanted to pet him and give him candy. :3:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Hmm, she has to check the expiration date on food? So obviously, she doesn't eat or drink much, or she doesn't need to!!

Or she doesn't like candy. Take your pick.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Jones isn't a robot, but she is the best :3:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Looks like Dr. Disaster hasn't given up.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Look at Jones, dishing out the Haribo.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Tom, really gotta tell you Annie looks amazing in that first panel. Your artwork has really evolved into something spectacular.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Action-Bastard posted:

Tom, really gotta tell you Annie looks amazing in that first panel. Your artwork has really evolved into something spectacular.

So it's not just me, then. Something about the way Annie has been drawn in the past few pages has looked really great.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I love the idea that a failed-human-copy shadow creature loves sweets. Also, I wonder who gave Jones the candy. Maybe the doctor that runs the simulation programs that's so enamored with her.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Holy crap, the whole bag? Shadow has been a real boy for barely a day and he's already making out like a bandit! Auntie Jones: the best auntie.

I'm guessing that Jones' plan involves the other 'transfer students' from the woods, so they'll end up bumping into Red?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Tupperwarez posted:

Holy crap, the whole bag? Shadow has been a real boy for barely a day and he's already making out like a bandit! Auntie Jones: the best auntie.

I'm guessing that Jones' plan involves the other 'transfer students' from the woods, so they'll end up bumping into Red?

They track students via food, so, might be foreshadowing (ha ha).

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
More watercolors on Tom's tumblr (why aren't you already subscribed to his tumblr what is wrong with you)

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Wait, she asked what he liked to eat, and then pulled out the bag of sweets?

How many different types of food does she have in her desk?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Jones is not a vending machine.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Of course not. Jones is of Bajor. They're into the whole ear-grabbing thing.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Excellent fanart alert!

Bless you, pixiv. Every one of you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What... the... gently caress... is that Reynardine?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
That is how every single male figure looks in the universe of Jojo's, so, yeah.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

What... the... gently caress... is that Reynardine?
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=229

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
This is like the joke about imported video games where the U.S. cover has to have every character snarling, sexed-up, or both.

Also, oddly enough, Kat's nose and mouth have combined to form the bismuth symbol.