Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Keatonguy posted:

Jack you are the worst. What even is this poo poo.

Personally I'm expecting an x3 expectation subversion combo and Jane's realself isn't actually dead, just taking a nap. Because otherwise HUSSIIIIIIIE
technically the kids can play a 3 player session, right? because let's face it, jane is like the lamest character. at least tavros was awesome about being lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Keatonguy posted:

Jack you are the worst. What even is this poo poo.

Personally I'm expecting an x3 expectation subversion combo and Jane's realself isn't actually dead, just taking a nap. Because otherwise HUSSIIIIIIIE

Am I the only one that thinks her realself isnt dead? She had the smoke pellets and the ominous red pellet. I assumed that it was mirroring John since he used the smokescreen to run off with Sburb and the package.

marsattacks
Apr 2, 2011

Krinkle posted:

what map?

There's a "map" for Homestuck on the site with links to all the acts, and certain pages in the acts - it's useful if you want to jump straight to one particular place without a fuss, and it's a really handy visualization of just how loving long Act 5 is, and how far things have progressed since the comic started.

Makes more sense when you see it: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?viewmap=6

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

KoB posted:

Am I the only one that thinks her realself isnt dead? She had the smoke pellets and the ominous red pellet. I assumed that it was mirroring John since he used the smokescreen to run off with Sburb and the package.

No. You are not. As evidenced by the post you literally just quoted. :stare:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Hey, can anyone explain how Aradia became a ghost? And then how that ghost went into a robot? Or whatever? Basically Ghost Aradia makes no sense to me, and I need her help to theorize and subsequently devise lengthy fanfiction and headcanons and stuff (jk about some of that)

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Hey, can anyone explain how Aradia became a ghost? And then how that ghost went into a robot? Or whatever? Basically Ghost Aradia makes no sense to me, and I need her help to theorize and subsequently devise lengthy fanfiction and headcanons and stuff (jk about some of that)

We're not really sure of the reasoning behind why Aradia stuck around as a ghost -- maybe ghosts are just a thing that happen for trolls, who can say. Anyway, sequence of events.

1) Vriska cripples Tavros.
2) Aradia gets revenge by summoning up ghosts of the dead on Vriska; Terezi gets revenge by informing Doc Scratch of Vriska's cueball.
3) Vriska gets revenge for the revenge by killing Aradia via Sollux and blinding Terezi via her dragon via Tavros. Aradia dies and becomes a ghost for some reason.
4) Equius builds a robot with Aradia's likeness; this was apparently a joint project between him and Vriska and both of them wanted to take all the credit.
5) Aradia prototypes her sprite with the stone frog head, then prototypes herself.
6) Frogsprite Aradia enters Equius' world via the gate and enters the robot he has prepared for her.

Voila, robot Aradia.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
^^^^ :argh:

Vriska hypnotized Sollux into going to Aradia's house and blowing the poo poo up. Aradia is now dead, and a ghost.

Aradia, during the game, prototypes herself, she is now a ghost sprite frog.

Equius builds a robot for Aradia to possess. She does so, and is now a ghost sprite frog robot.

Then she explodes and goes God Tier on Derse, dropping all of those other adjectives.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Getting stabbed in the solar plexus is a hellava painful way to die. :(

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

quote:

Jack Noir just bees himself instead.

Oh god, the bees.

Not the bees.

Edit: Holy poo poo People are onto this stuff quick

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 31, 2011

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I do think Jack is going to successfully kill the other two post-scratch kids.

After all, this is Jack Noir Kills Everything: The Comic.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Uh...R. Kelly? I will differ to you for this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scotty dogs! Yes!

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Well, that certainly was a surprise...

At least now we know what Jack was up to.

I thought the Scratched version was supposed to go better? This is not going better. I wonder if the Condesce is helping Jack out here, because it does not seem like he normally kills dreamers before the game even starts! Something is wrong here.

I assume the popular theory is that Jane will do the (apparent) maid thing of having no living waking or dreaming self to enter the game with? I still think the mailbox thing was a prank ala pellets, doesn't really explain why she was asleep but that's not exactly insurmountable. I hope Jane is okay :ohdear:

You know, I'm wondering if at some point the ghost thing with Aradia will be explained as her going to a dream bubble, grabbing one of her dead selves (probably from the memory leading up to her own death) and somehow (possibly with Sollux) taking her back in time to Alternia, so that the ghost that she was in the past will be created in the future. Seems like a pretty Aradia thing to do, on all counts - death and timeloops.

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010
Looks like Jack is just poised to flip his poo poo when the kids hit thirteen years, and the two extra years for this set of kids gave him time to plot a clean coup.

That devious son of an inkwell.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Nice reference to what today is as well.

Still, is there anything Jack won't "greet"?

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.
Maybe it's from marathoning the entire run after dropping MSPA in April, but I'm not really concerned about this death! Considering how the A1-B1 runs of Sburb(/Sgrub) have all screwed up majorly one way or another, but the players have tried to break their assigned roles more and more with each go, I'm thinking that abandoning the rules of the game entirely is the way to win.

Not to mention it feels absurdly unlikely that trolls/god-kids won't be waiting in the dream bubbles to grab dead heroes and circumvent the rules somehow. Hussie can manage some pretty amazing plot-blocks, but I think even he has to be tired of fakeout alternates of Act 1. This seems much more likely to be a "Go Time" than a "We're Screwed".

Pieces of Peace fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 31, 2011

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I am fairly convinced now that Jack knows about Skaia cycle, and wants to bring it down.

Wouldn't it be bitterly ironic that in order to save the day, the Kids/Trolls need to ensure it?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya know, just when we think we know what is going on... this happens. Every time. Hussie is getting far too good at doing this.

Fake edit: Not that I'd have it any other way.

Real edit: I have the sinking feeling that the alpha kids were never meant to make it. Their only purpose might have been to leave an empty session for the betas. :smith:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 31, 2011

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
So far, Jack has been by far the most destructive force in Skaia. Instances of Jack Noir have killed or in some way been a reason for the death of all but two SBurb/SGrub players at least once if you count all those time-clones of Aradia, two universes and one of them is making a good start on ruining the chances of the new kids.

Lord English eats universes, but from what we can tell he at least lets them propagate first. Jack doesn't care, he'll just destroy them whenever he can.

I wonder just how big a threat Betty Crocker actually is to the new session. After all, if she actually wanted Jane dead she could have done it whenever she wanted.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jack wasp putting himself first.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Oh god, the bees.

Not the bees.

Edit: Holy poo poo People are onto this stuff quick

well, they had the Professor Wasp design to work with, so it's really just a palate swap.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tollymain posted:

Ya know, just when we think we know what is going on... this happens. Every time. Hussie is getting far too good at doing this.

Fake edit: Not that I'd have it any other way.

Real edit: I have the sinking feeling that the alpha kids were never meant to make it. Their only purpose might have been to leave an empty session for the betas. :smith:

well, people from alternate timelines are always doomed, and this whole universe is kind of one big alternate timeline.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bobulus posted:

I...have no idea what this means.

(Other than coffin-cloggers is very much a Jack thing to call someone
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002791 )

I hope I'm not the only one who always used variants on these as affectionate nicknames for my grandparents and old people in general.

Starmaker posted:

I thought the Scratched version was supposed to go better? This is not going better. I wonder if the Condesce is helping Jack out here, because it does not seem like he normally kills dreamers before the game even starts! Something is wrong here.

What is wrong here is Jack Noir Is Sick Of Your Bullshit, aka the cancer is malignant.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pesterlog relevant to the current situation:

quote:

CG: WELL, HE STABBED ME ONCE.
AG: Oh, only once!
AG: Are you sure you should trust him? I don't know if I would, 8ut hey I'm not the leader.
CG: NO, NO, IT'S COOL.
CG: HE'S COOL, IT'S FINE I DON'T REALLY MIND THE STABBING, IT WAS ALL A MISUNDERSTANDING.
CG: WELL OK I'M PRETTY SURE HE MEANT TO STAB ME.
CG: BUT I KIND OF THINK THAT'S LIKE
CG: THE WAY HE GREETS PEOPLE?
AG: This game is so stupid.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011

Roger Explosion posted:

I do think Jack is going to successfully kill the other two post-scratch kids.

After all, this is Jack Noir Kills Everything: The Comic.

Nah, next pages are Jane doing the lifey thing and then finding out she decapitated Jack offscreen.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Hahaha, holy poo poo Jack. Hussie busts out a NYE update with the best character doing what he does best.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
Never change, Jack :allears:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
At one point I wondered why Dersites don't climb up the chain to the moon and kill the Derse dreamers before they ever wake up. I decided that'd never happen because it'd be cheap and the game'd never allow that.

With Aradia and Sollux staying behind, there's 4 kids and 4 trolls headed to this session. Maybe that's what the 8 player session is. The B2 kids were a ruse.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

creationist believer posted:

At one point I wondered why Dersites don't climb up the chain to the moon and kill the Derse dreamers before they ever wake up. I decided that'd never happen because it'd be cheap and the game'd never allow that.

With Aradia and Sollux staying behind, there's 4 kids and 4 trolls headed to this session. Maybe that's what the 8 player session is. The B2 kids were a ruse.

Aw, man. If that's the case I'll be really sad when Mom bites it :smith:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I always thought she became a ghost when she died instead of, y'know just dying, because of her weird ghosty troll powers

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Jack just wants to show everyone his stabs :smith:

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
I still like my idea :colbert:

Future Aradia grabs dreambubble Aradia, takes her out of the bubble and into Alternia's past, and therefore creates herself.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah at this point death holds very little of the gravity of... well, death. Her character's just been shuffled off somewhere else to serve some other purpose.

It might be interesting if Hussie makes it so the deal with the horrorterrors to create dream bubbles doesn't stand for the new players, so that we just plain never see Jane again after this point, although Hussie does have enough of a soft spot and events can be so chaotic that I still wouldn't put it past him to do something with timelines or revivals or who knows what, even if only for the epilogue.

So basically killing Jane here, to me, is just a point toward some theories (maybe the B2 kids get swept away and the B1 kids take their place) and away from others (the session will be a combined incipisphere of pre and post scratch kids).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So either Jane's realself isn't really dead, or these players (new and old ones) are going to have to get really clever.

Of course, god tier status can still be obtained even with a dead dreamself if they prototype them...

E: Also is this implying that Jack is going to destroy Prospit right now? "Bring this whole ball down" and all...

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 31, 2011

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

No, I think he's got explosives in the neck of the Jade's tower or something. Hussie's going to drop the ball at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Well that was quick.:stare:

If Hussie's trying to break his record for "rate of players killed this session" then he's certainly off to a good start.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

pumpinglemma posted:

No, I think he's got explosives in the neck of the Jade's tower or something. Hussie's going to drop the ball at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.

This is perfect.

On the subject of the End of Intermission flash, I think it's the best flash to come out of the comic yet. It seems like hussie really learned a lot from doing the EoA5 flash. The quality of these last couple of flashes have been amazing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Is it just me or has there been a higher flash density all of a sudden? Three in three months seems like a lot. I'm mostly just amazed that Hussie has any enthusiasm for making them anymore, given what a huge bastard EoA5 was.

After going back and rewatching snippets of EoA5, I gotta say I really prefer it when Hussie does all the art himself. Feels a lot less disjointed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I agree. Jack in particular always looks weird to me when he's not in Hussie's style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Keatonguy posted:

Looks like Jack is just poised to flip his poo poo when the kids hit thirteen years, and the two extra years for this set of kids gave him time to plot a clean coup.

That devious son of an inkwell.

Actually my theory is that he was paid to do it. The queen and LE have had two full years to dick around in their session. Getting to Derse and hiring a hitman (which he'd be more than happy to be since he HAAAAATES his boss) is no great accomplishment when you think about it.