  • Post
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The SituAsian posted:

The Broncos lost that game 48-10

And yet nobody minds someone strapping on the Odin Belt when they sack Rodgers.

It's religious discrimination.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

eatenmyeyes posted:

I just noticed the opposing team.
Ahahaha that's beautiful. I guess historically speaking Christians never really have fared that well against lions.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Thenipwax posted:

I haven't heard of anybody actually suggesting that Tebow shouldn't be allowed to pray, but rather that it's irritating. The fact that it is irritating is due more to the media claiming divine intervention when the Broncos had a few 4th quarter comebacks. If his skills were due to divine intervention, then God should stay out of football, as he's not very good.

A guy off field who is not on the team and is influencing play like that (making the wind blow, the ball fumble, the unbelievers weak) sounds an awful lot like cheating.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
I doubt Tebow is as pious as he makes himself out to be, he's just milking it for his 15 minutes and laughing at the Christians when the cameras are off.

I can't wait until his Tiger Woods-style sex scandal. Not if, when.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Leospeare posted:

I doubt Tebow is as pious as he makes himself out to be, he's just milking it for his 15 minutes and laughing at the Christians when the cameras are off.

I can't wait until his Tiger Woods-style sex scandal. Not if, when.

Well at this point when he is Jesus 2.0. Even getting photographed in a club is going to destroy him.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I don't even like Detroit, but that pic might make a great avatar, just because.

Anyway..

quote:

my fundie niece sent
> Subject: 8 + in 8

THIS IS GOOD.

I pray that your Christmas is a blessing.

DID YOU KNOW
THESE FACTS?

SURE DIDNT TILL NOW

Death
is certain but the Bible speaks about
untimely death!
Make
personal reflection about
this.......
Very
interesting, read until the
end......
It
is
written in the Bible (Galatians
6:7):

'Be
not
deceived; God is not mocked:for
whatsoever a man sow,that shall he also reap..

Here
are some
men and women who
mocked
God :

John
Lennon
(Singer):

Some
years before, during his interview
with

an American Magazine,
he
said:

'Christianity
will end, it will disappear.
do
not have to argue about

that...
I am certain.
Jesus
was ok, but his subjects were too simple,
today we are more
famous than Him'
(1966).

> Lennon,
> after
> saying that the Beatles were more
> famous than Jesus Christ,
> was shot six
> times.
>
> Tancredo
> Neves
>
> (President
> of Brazil
> ):
>
> During
> the Presidential campaign, he said if he got
> 500,000 votes
> from his party, not even God
> would remove him from
> Presidency.
> > Sure
> he got
> the votes, but he got sick a day
> before being made President,
> then he
> died.
> > Cazuza
> (Bi-sexual
> Brazilian
> composer, singer and
> poet):
>> During
> A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro
> ),
> > while
> smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some
> smoke into the air
> and
>
> said:'God,
> that's for you.'

> He
> died at
> the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a
> horrible manner.
>
> The
> man who
> built the Titanic
>>
> After
> the construction of Titanic, a reporter
> asked him how safe the
> Titanic would
> be.

> With
> an ironic tone he said:
> 'Not
> even God can sink it'

> The
> result:I think you all know what
> happened to the Titanic

> Marilyn
> Monroe
> (Actress)

> She
> was visited by Billy Graham during a
> presentation of a
> show.

> He
> said the Spirit of God had sent him to
> preach to her.
> After
> hearing what the Preacher had to
> say,
>
> she said:
'I
don't need your Jesus'.
> week later,
> she was found dead in her
> apartment
> Bon
> Scott
(Singer)
The
ex-vocalist of the AC/DC.. On one of his
1979 songs he
sang:

'Don't
stop me; I'm going down all the way, down
the highway to
hell'.

On
the 19th
of February 1980, Bon Scott was
found dead, he had been choked
by his own
vomit.
Campinas (IN 2005)

In
Campinas , Brazil a group of friends,
drunk,

went to pick up a
friend.....
The
mother accompanied her to the car and was so
worried about the
drunkenness of her friends
and she said to the daughter
holding her
hand, who was already seated in the
car:

'My
Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect
You.'
She
responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The
Trunk, Cause
Inside Here.....It's Already
Full '

Hours
later,
news came by that they had been
involved in a fatal accident,
everyone had
died,
the
car could
not be recognized what type of car
it had been, but
surprisingly, the trunk was
intact.

The police
said there was no way the trunk could
have remained intact. To
their surprise,
inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was
broken

Christine
Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and
entertainer)
said
the
Bible (Word of God) was the worst
book

ever written.

In
June 2006
she was found burnt beyond
recognition in her motor
vehicle.
Many
more
important people have forgotten that
there is no other name
that was given so
much authority as the name of Jesus.

Many
have
died, but only Jesus died and rose
again, and he is still
alive.

'Jesus'

PS:
If it
was a
joke, you would have sent it to
everyone.
So are
you going to
have courage to send
this?.

have done my
part, Jesus said
'If
you are
embarrassed about me,

will also
be embarrassed

about you
before my father.'

You
are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking
this. No way!

I'M
TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T.D. Jakes '8
Second Prayer.' Just
repeat this prayer and
see how God moves!!

'Lord,
I love you and I need you, come into my
heart, and bless me,
my family, my home, and
my friends, in Jesus' name.
Amen.'
Pass
this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND
ME}....You will
receive a miracle tomorrow.
I Hope that you don't ignore and

let
God
bless you.

*********

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

After saying that, God waited fourteen years before shooting John Lennon.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

He works in mysterious ways.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Retarded Pimp posted:

He works in mysterious ways.

He's kind of like the enter button in that way, always strikes when you least expect it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Sarion posted:

After saying that, God waited fourteen years before shooting John Lennon.

Well he has plenty of time to wait.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Well, good to see that someone out there is still keeping 640 x 480 alive

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bill Gates 10 rules just got posted on facebook in picture form with a smirking Bill.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/schoolrules.asp

This just came up like 2 pages ago so who evers keeping score, just add a tick.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm always pleased to see that the God of kindness and mercy, who gave humanity free will to do as they will, is so willing to kill his children and followers when they don't do just what he wants just how he wants. That's the way to win converts and followers, alright.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Sarion posted:

After saying that, God waited fourteen years before shooting John Lennon.

He also killed that strapping young Brazilian politician at the tender age of 75.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Everyone that has ever spoken out against God or Jesus either is dead, or one day will be.

Coincidence? :smug:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

darthbob88 posted:

I'm always pleased to see that the God of kindness and mercy, who gave humanity free will to do as they will, is so willing to kill his children and followers when they don't do just what he wants just how he wants. That's the way to win converts and followers, alright.
...it's pretty consistent with his character as described in the Old Testament, at least.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

quote:

> The
> man who
> built the Titanic
>>
> After
> the construction of Titanic, a reporter
> asked him how safe the
> Titanic would
> be.

> With
> an ironic tone he said:
> 'Not
> even God can sink it'

> The
> result:I think you all know what
> happened to the Titanic

This has to be the best one. The designer makes an offhand comment, so God kills 1500 other people (mostly Christians!) as some sort of crazy vengeance. gently caress you, random third class passenger, you shouldn't have bought a ticket on a ship built by a dude who was once a bit of a dick to God. What do you mean you didn't know because you can't read? gently caress you!

I mean I assume they are talking about Thomas Andrews, one of the lead builders who actually died with the Titanic, but they don't even bother to mention that part.

Sarion
Dec 24, 2003

And Cazuza may have died at 32 due to LUNG CANCER, but it was really because of AIDS. Of course I guess that was just his punishment for choosing to be born bisexual.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

The Rokstar posted:

Ahahaha that's beautiful. I guess historically speaking Christians never really have fared that well against lions.

Even better, the game was billed as Good Vs. Evil as the Lions had earned a reputation as a rough, penalty-ridden team. One of the Lions defensive players, Ndamukong Suh (one of the most penalized Lions, who would later get suspended for 2 games for stomping a player into the field after a play was over) declared after the victory, 'Evil prevails.'

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

Leospeare posted:

I doubt Tebow is as pious as he makes himself out to be, he's just milking it for his 15 minutes and laughing at the Christians when the cameras are off.

I can't wait until his Tiger Woods-style sex scandal. Not if, when.

Tebow wrote 3:16 in his black face paint all through college, and appeared in an anti-abortion ad with his Mom in last years super bowl. He really is that pious.

And will totally have a sex scandal.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

BlackIronHeart posted:

Even better, the game was billed as Good Vs. Evil as the Lions had earned a reputation as a rough, penalty-ridden team. One of the Lions defensive players, Ndamukong Suh (one of the most penalized Lions, who would later get suspended for 2 games for stomping a player into the field after a play was over) declared after the victory, 'Evil prevails.'

Yeah, that's totally going on the Facebook wall. Thanks for that!

Edit:
http://sidelionreport.com/2011/10/31/detroit-lions-vs-denver-broncos-evil-prevails/

The first comment?
"NOT SURPRISING THAT SUH MADE THE COMMENT "EVIL PREVAILS". HIS FATHER IS FROM AFRICA, THE HOTBED OF "WITCHCRAFT" THE MOST EVIL FORCE ON THE PLANET!"

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

chesh posted:

And will totally have a sex scandal.

My money is on a gay sex scandal.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

archangelwar posted:

My money is on a gay sex scandal.

I'd be happy to help make that happen.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

chesh posted:

Tebow wrote 3:16 in his black face paint all through college, and appeared in an anti-abortion ad with his Mom in last years super bowl. He really is that pious.

And will totally have a sex scandal.

Don't forget the fact that he had done mission work before hew as even in college.

ShiftyEyedRaccoon
Jun 4, 2011
I found this one in the comments on Cracked, of all places

quote:

Let me tell you a little story that happened in a school in America..
Once there was a young woman teacher of Jewish origin with obvious liberal tendencies and possibly lesbian inclinations.
One day she explained to her class of small children that she is an atheist. She asked her class if they're atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands exploded into the air like fleshy fireworks. There was, however, one exception. A boy named Ahmed has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher frowned and asked him why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not an atheist." said calmly Ahmed.
Then, asked the teacher, "What are you?". "I'm a Muslim." The teacher became disturbed and her face got slightly red. She asked Ahmed why is he a Muslim. "Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Allah. My mom is a Muslim, and my dad is a Muslim, so I am a Muslim."
The teacher became really angry. "That's no reason!" she shouted, "What if your mom was a moron,and your dad was a moron, - what would you be then,huh?" She paused, and smiled arrogantly. "Then," said Ahmed, "I'd be an atheist."
All the class erupted into laughter and then the little ones started to chant: "Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!".
The teacher leaved the class in a frenzied rage amd had a nervous breakdown afterwards...

I have to say, I like the idea of turning "Christian shows up evil liberal atheist authority figure" e-mails into "Muslim shows up evil liberal atheist authority figure" e-mails. I may send a few out and see if I get any interesting responses.

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

ShiftyEyedRaccoon posted:

I have to say, I like the idea of turning "Christian shows up evil liberal atheist authority figure" e-mails into "Muslim shows up evil liberal atheist authority figure" e-mails. I may send a few out and see if I get any interesting responses.

A Christian was walking through the woods one day in Alaska admiring all that Jesus had created.

"What majestic trees! What a powerful river! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

As he walked alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. Turning to look, he saw a 13 foot Kodiak bear beginning to charge toward him. He ran as fast as he could down the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him. Somehow he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again and the bear was even closer. His heart pounding in his chest he tried to run even faster yet. But alas, he tripped and fell to the ground. As he rolled over to pick himself up he saw the bear reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to deliver a killing blow.

"THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS MESSENGER!" he pleadingly screamed.

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. Even the powerful river stopped flowing.

A brilliant light shone upon the man and a thunderous voice came from all around,
"YOU DENY THE TRUTH OF MY HOLY QUR'AN FOR ALL THESE YEARS. YOU TEACH OTHERS JESUS WAS LITERALLY MY SON. YOU EVEN CREDIT THE JEWS WITH BEING MY CHOSEN PEOPLE. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP YOU OUT OF THIS PREDICAMENT? AM I TO COUNT YOU AS A BELIEVER? "

Difficult as it was, the Christian looked directly into the light and said, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be a Muslim after all these years and under these circumstances but perhaps you could make the bear a Muslim?"

"VERY WELL" said the voice.

The light went out. The river ran. The sounds of the forest resumed.

The huge bear dropped down on his knees, brought both paws together, bowed and spoke...

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيم"
الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِين
الرَّحمـنِ الرَّحِيم
مَـالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّين
إِيَّاك نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِين
اهدِنَــــا الصِّرَاطَ المُستَقِيمَ
"صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّين

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
And that bear was Albert Einstein.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Kosmonaut posted:

[...]

Oh gently caress yes, time to do some rewrites.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

JT Jag posted:

And that bear was Albert Einstein.

There's a joke about God, dice and bones in there somewhere.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kosmonaut posted:

[...]

And it begins again! :allears:

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
On a Saturday afternoon, in Washington , D. C., an aide to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited the Bishop of the Catholic cathedral in D.C. He told the Cardinal that Nancy Pelosi would be attending the next day's Mass, and he asked if the Cardinal would kindly point out Pelosi to the congregation and say a few words that would include calling Pelosi a saint.

The Cardinal replied, "No. I don't really like the woman, and there are issues of conflict with the Catholic Church over certain of Pelosi's views."

Pelosi's aide then said, "Look. I'll write a check here and now for a donation of $100,000 to your church if you'll just tell the congregation you see Pelosi as a saint."

The Cardinal thought about it and said, "Well, the church can use the money, so I'll work your request into tomorrow's sermon."

As Pelosi's aide promised, House Speaker Pelosi appeared for the Sunday worship and seated herself prominently at the forward left side of the center aisle.

As promised, at the start of his sermon, the Cardinal pointed out that Speaker Pelosi was present. The Cardinal went on to explain to the congregation, "While Speaker Pelosi's presence is probably an honor to some, the woman is not numbered among my personal favorite personages. Some of her most egregious views are contrary to tenets of the Church, and she tends to flip-flop on many other issues."

"Nancy Pelosi is a petty, self-absorbed hypocrite, a thumb sucker, and a nit-wit. Nancy Pelosi is also a serial liar, a cheat, and a thief. I must say, Nancy Pelosi is the worst example of a Catholic I have ever personally witnessed. She married for money and is using her wealth to lie to the American people. She also has a reputation for shirking her Representative obligations both in Washington and in California. The woman is simply not to be trusted."

The Cardinal concluded, "But, when compared with Pres. Obama, House Speaker Pelosi is a saint."

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

That's a pretty un-Christian homily right there.

edit: how arrogant and self-righteous can you get? just making up a story about a religious leader calling out a politician you don't like?

24-7 Urkel Cosplay fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 3, 2012

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Typical attack with no actual specific charges. Just their "views", blah blah liar blah blah bad person.

Makes it easy for idiots to copy past in 2 new names. I swear I read that years ago about someone and Clinton.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Always interesting conversations with the email sender, she dislikes Obama because he's a socialist, I dislike him because he's a corporatist.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Retarded Pimp posted:

There's a joke about God, dice and bones in there somewhere.

Fastest way to get a conservative to stop quoting Einstein and forever shun him; Link his article submitted to the Monthly Review.

http://monthlyreview.org/2009/05/01/why-socialism

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Fastest way to get a conservative to stop quoting Einstein and forever shun him; Link his article submitted to the Monthly Review.

http://monthlyreview.org/2009/05/01/why-socialism

Ahahahaha, you think Conservatives will actually read all of that? Just look at this entire thread! If it isn't 4 paragraphs (6 if they are short) or less, it's not going to be read.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Ahahahaha, you think Conservatives will actually read all of that? Just look at this entire thread! If it isn't 4 paragraphs (6 if they are short) or less, it's not going to be read.

Yeah probably a better idea to just pull out a juicy conclusion paragraph to quote.

Albert Einstein posted:

I am convinced there is only one way to eliminate these grave evils, namely through the establishment of a socialist economy, accompanied by an educational system which would be oriented toward social goals. In such an economy, the means of production are owned by society itself and are utilized in a planned fashion. A planned economy, which adjusts production to the needs of the community, would distribute the work to be done among all those able to work and would guarantee a livelihood to every man, woman, and child. The education of the individual, in addition to promoting his own innate abilities, would attempt to develop in him a sense of responsibility for his fellow men in place of the glorification of power and success in our present society.

Cynnik
Nov 19, 2002

this seems all too familiar
Special Relativity is Literally Hitler

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cynnik posted:

Special Relativity is Literally Hitler
Nah, it's only relatively Hitler.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Fastest way to get a conservative to stop quoting Einstein and forever shun him; Link his article submitted to the Monthly Review.

http://monthlyreview.org/2009/05/01/why-socialism

If that doesn't work, some conservative crazies may be dissuaded by his views on patriotism. Apologize for the blog post, couldn't find a better source offhand.

quote:

“When I look into the home of a good, normal citizen I see a softly lighted room. In one corner stands a well-cared-for shrine, of which the man of the house is very proud and to which the attention of every visitor is drawn in a loud voice. On it, in large letters, the word ‘Patriotism’ is inscribed.

“However, opening this shrine is normally forbidden. Yes, even the man of the house knows hardly, or not at all, that this shrine holds the moral requisites of animal hatred and mass murder that, in case of war, he obediently takes out for his service.

“This shrine, dear reader, you will not find in my room, and I would rejoice if you came to the viewpoint that in that corner of your room a piano or a small bookcase would be more appropriate than such a piece of furniture which you find tolerable because, from your youth, you have become used to it.”

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4