Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatgirlmegan
Jul 26, 2009
I've added new items, Goon coupon code is always good, 20% off GOONEYGOON.

My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thatgirlmegan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadlysweet
Nov 30, 2011

Kruxy posted:

Did anyone else go get the 50 free Etsy business cards from MOO today?

I figure 50 cards for only $5.50 shipping is a good deal. Plus everyone in the video had an English accent, so immediately they're more trustworthy about their product.

Did I miss out on this? Was there a promotion somewhere?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Honestly, the best business card deal is through this SA-Mart thread.

For $20 shipped you get 250 high quality cards with no ads or annoying MOO.COM on it. I bought some from him last year and they really are the best cards I've ever handled and are way more professional then any online printers.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Wandering Knitter posted:

For $20 shipped you get 250 high quality cards with no ads or annoying MOO.COM on it. I bought some from him last year and they really are the best cards I've ever handled and are way more professional then any online printers.

:lol: I got 250 business cards from vistaprint for $10, plus ~$7 shipping. and I got to make my own design; hand drawn and written and stuff.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Looks like that deal is now over? I went to check it out and it looks like its $33?

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

The Snoo posted:

:lol: I got 250 business cards from vistaprint for $10, plus ~$7 shipping. and I got to make my own design; hand drawn and written and stuff.

The Vistaprint cards we ordered are awful quality. So awful that I didn't use them. Got the same design reprinted on Moo mini cards and they look fab - super clear and really high quality.

Our Moo cards are 100% our design and drawings as well - you don't have to use their templates / stock images.

I have some coupon codes for Moo if anyone wants them. I don't know if you can use them outside the UK though.

Kruxy posted:

Plus everyone in the video had an English accent, so immediately they're more trustworthy about their product.

Haha. Awesome. Did they end with, "Innit, brov?"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

zoecore posted:

The Vistaprint cards we ordered are awful quality. So awful that I didn't use them. Got the same design reprinted on Moo mini cards and they look fab - super clear and really high quality.

oh, I'm sorry to hear that. :( mine were just black and white, a simple design (which I forgot to put my email on!! stupid, stupid snoo)

also etsy says I've made $475 so far. :stare: WHERE DID ALL THAT MONEY GO

snoo fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 1, 2012

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Rathina posted:

Looks like that deal is now over? I went to check it out and it looks like its $33?

The $33 is for double sided, single sided is still $20 for 250

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

The Snoo posted:

Vistaprint cards are poo poo. :ssh: They look cheap, feel cheap, and I've heard stories about billing problems before. The cards I got made off the goon are made out of high quality card stock and have impressed the hell out of people.

Rathina posted:

Huh. Well, it's still one hell of a deal. I got a 250 pack from him a year ago and I'm still working through them. It's certainly worth the time and effort.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Vistaprint cards are poo poo. :ssh: They look cheap, feel cheap, and I've heard stories about billing problems before. The cards I got made off the goon are made out of high quality card stock and have impressed the hell out of people.

v:v:v I didn't have a horrible experience, sorry they sucked for you!!

plus I got a free stamp with my name and address on it. I don't have to write my name and address out anymore~

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

The Snoo posted:

As far as I remember, that number Etsy says doesn't include Etsy or Paypal Fees. That being said, over the last 3 years, Etsy says I've made about $5,000 total which sounds pretty cool, but I've only got $40 in my paypal at the moment lol, cause I spend all my money on bills, toys or fabric.

Soon as I make some more $$$ I'm going to invest in a thermal printer. I've got my eye on a DYMO 450. SOOO tired of firing up our behemoth laser printer & taping lables to envelopes. After that I'll probably be buying some business cards from that goon.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Hey! I didn't realize there was a Total Made thing! I've made...far less then you Rathina! :v: But hey, it pays for my vacation every year so I can't complain.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm well aware it doesn't account for the fees, I'm just like...

I made THAT MUCH? where is it? oh wait, I spent it on bullshit instead of saving it!!

I've made ~$500 since september, which I never expected and I have nothing to show for it :laffo:

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
I know, I never realized that I made that much money. I don't really keep that detailed records. I just knew that I was making more than I was spending.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!
Well, I made far more than I realized every month. A huge chunk of it went right back into supplies though, so there's that.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have a ton of new stuff up, check it out please! http://www.etsy.com/shop/snooeisen?ref=pr_shop_more

I have a coupon code, WINTER2011, good until the spring equinox for 15% off any order. :)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:woop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/snooeisen?page=5 everything on this page must go!! if you want something, convo me beforehand so I can take $2 off whatever you want. :woop:

thatgirlmegan
Jul 26, 2009

The Snoo posted:

oh, I'm sorry to hear that. :( mine were just black and white, a simple design (which I forgot to put my email on!! stupid, stupid snoo)

I made my own in MS publisher, they turned out great, had them printed at local Pak-Mail for little of nothing.

I have also added a coupon code for free shipping GOONEYGOONSHIP.

I've added a few more items...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thatgirlmegan

thatgirlmegan fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005
Today was a big day for my shop, lots of new items--Several hats, a very colorful scarf, a lovely shawl, a Mobius cowl, and a shoulder bag. I had a few projects finished over winter break (all 5 days of it...) and several items that had been at a show and were recently returned to me (along with a check for the things that sold--always exciting!)

Check out lots of woven goodies: http://weavingbychaco.etsy.com

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?
Chaco, I love your stuff. What kind of loom do you have?

I thought about starting a weaving thread but I figured it would be just you and me.

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

I'm looking for anyone who makes soap / lotions / candles made with Moke flower scent (also sometimes called Dok Moke). If you find any, send them my way.

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

Chaco, I love your stuff. What kind of loom do you have?

I thought about starting a weaving thread but I figured it would be just you and me.

I have an ancient Nilus LeClerc 4-shaft, 36inches wide. I got it off Craigslist, and I'm sure it's older than me!

There are enough fiber people on here that someone else must weave, or be looking to get into it. There's a needle felting thread, for instance, and I never would have guessed there were that many needle felters.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I put up a bunch of new stuff. :3:

snoo fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 15, 2012

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I just opened my shop, so I don't have much up but there's more I. The works and I always am open to commissions.
http://www.etsy.com/people/Popsicult

I love so many of the shops I'm seeing, so great to see so much talent :)

Edit: I'm having a promotion where if you buy something I will include a free small piece :)

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 17, 2012

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

flutterbyblue posted:

This isn't for sale in my shop, but I'm ridiculously proud of my obnoxiously large prototype. I've wanted to do hair fork kanzashi for a while, but just now came across some hair forks that I could afford to play around with.

Bonus "so what do you do with an obnoxiously large flower hair fork" horrible photo.

My shop, which has large clips, but no large forks yet.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MountainMusings?ref=si_shop

Wow, added your shop to my favorites because I can see one of these looking beautiful as a wedding hair accent!
Sorry for the double post.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Aw, thank you! I've done a few wedding commission pieces in the past and it's one of my favorite things to do. Plus I'm always just hugely grateful that someone would think my stuff is good enough to wear on their big day.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

flutterbyblue posted:

Aw, thank you! I've done a few wedding commission pieces in the past and it's one of my favorite things to do. Plus I'm always just hugely grateful that someone would think my stuff is good enough to wear on their big day.

Yay! Everyones a winner!
I'm wondering the best way to get at least some traffic, i'm not at the point where I want to pay out for a banner ad but I haven't been registered long enough to promote in SA Mart.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Toriori posted:

Yay! Everyones a winner!
I'm wondering the best way to get at least some traffic, i'm not at the point where I want to pay out for a banner ad but I haven't been registered long enough to promote in SA Mart.

I was about to say that you should join the SA-Mart etsy goon thread, but you bring up a good point about your register date. Let me contact a mod.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

I was about to say that you should join the SA-Mart etsy goon thread, but you bring up a good point about your register date. Let me contact a mod.

Oh, that'd be interesting! Even if it doesn't pan out, thanks!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Toriori posted:

Oh, that'd be interesting! Even if it doesn't pan out, thanks!

I've asked. You should at least join up the etsy goon squad too.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

I've asked. You should at least join up the etsy goon squad too.

Yep! Sent a request to join last night, actually.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Banner ads are not very expensive compared to a lot of other ways to advertise. If you feel like it at a later date you should jump in. I only ended up paying about 8$ to be in this month and I've had two goon sales so far, so it already paid for itself.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

is there a link to the etsy SA mart thing?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Right here! :toot:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Toriori posted:

Yep! Sent a request to join last night, actually.

Okay, I talked to the mod and you have to wait till you're SA-Mart legal to join the thread.

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 19, 2012

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Okay, I talked to the mod and you have to wait till your SA-Mart legal to join the thread.
Totally understandable.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Toriori posted:

Totally understandable.

If you ever want to chat etsy feel free to hit me up a PM/AIM! I'm always happy to help new people out.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I didn't know there was a thing about the registration date. what's that all about?

(clueless)

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

If you ever want to chat etsy feel free to hit me up a PM/AIM! I'm always happy to help new people out.

Thanks much! Good to have someone willing to help out

@The Snoo: You have to be registered for 7 months before you can sell in SA-Mart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Just to let everyone know the SA-Mart plotting thread Is now located here!

Got a shop? Join in!