Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

readingatwork posted:

Actually my theory is that he was paid to do it. The queen and LE have had two full years to dick around in their session. Getting to Derse and hiring a hitman (which he'd be more than happy to be since he HAAAAATES his boss) is no great accomplishment when you think about it.

Since LE can time travel and whatnot, doesn't that mean he's had the entire lifetime of the session to dick around? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I rewatched the act 6 opening flash earlier and realized I'd completely forgotten that the mutini brick R. tosses at the window in the end-of-intermission page was actually already seen in that one. It looks more strongly like a block of ice or some other transparent encasing substance there.

pumpinglemma posted:

No, I think he's got explosives in the neck of the Jade's tower or something. Hussie's going to drop the ball at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.

...provided this session's version of CD didn't set them up on the wrong tower. Like the one Jake's dead corpse vacated, where Jack will decide to stand and watch the fireworks. :v:

Probably not, but hey.

Presumable
Nov 23, 2011

by T. Fine
Even though I'm so involved in Homestuck and its fandom, I keep it almost completely separate from my meat life so the New Year's imagery never even occurred to me.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Nate RFB posted:

I agree. Jack in particular always looks weird to me when he's not in Hussie's style.

Not to piss all over the artist but the way Jack was rendered in Cascade in places was really...bad. Like random fan from the forums popping open MS Paint and drawing him with a trackball bad. The sequences with the Exiles stood out in particular, possibly because the rest of the art there was so drat good and polished.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
Are the other creatures on Jane's bedspread also from Problem Sleuth?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

haruspex posted:

Are the other creatures on Jane's bedspread also from Problem Sleuth?

There's one way to find out.

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009

creationist believer posted:

At one point I wondered why Dersites don't climb up the chain to the moon and kill the Derse dreamers before they ever wake up. I decided that'd never happen because it'd be cheap and the game'd never allow that.

I think there was a discussion about this earlier in the thread, and the consensus seemed to be that Dersites are hoping that their players will hear the whispers of the Horrorterrors and succumb to the bloodeldritch throes of the broodfester tongues, like Rose did.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
If these kids were a ruse and it's actually going to be four kids and four trolls then what about UU? Do they make everything better by dying?

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Wait, why did he start with the dreamers on Prospit? You'd think that since he comes from Derse it would be easier to start with the dreamers on Derse.

Unless the dreamers have already left Derse so that he can't find them?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Lady of the Beech posted:

Wait, why did he start with the dreamers on Prospit? You'd think that since he comes from Derse it would be easier to start with the dreamers on Derse.

Unless the dreamers have already left Derse so that he can't find them?

It's almost like there is a game-like mechanic where the Dersites cannot go into or get near the Derse dreamers towers. Otherwise every single session would end prematurely when Jack or one of his subordinates or even just a bunch of mooks go up the towers and kill the sleepers.

This doesn't seem to carry over to the Prospit towers, because when would a Dersite ever get to Prospit? :v:

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011
Don't forget that we do have a perfectly fine Jane traveling with Jade in the form of Nannasprite. Who knows how that will work out in the long run, but as it stands she's the only one of the four to have survived, in some fashion. And since all it technically takes for God Tier is some living/dreaming self dying on the Quest Slab we very well might see JaNannasprite Maid of Life.

E: Also, it's entirely possible that the A1 (I think) cadavers will be used to give the A2 kids another chance. Prototyping dead bodies technically makes them alive again, and who knows whether the game will treat them as separate entities or the same people. We might end up having cross-session prototyping leading to God Tier.

Radiochromatic fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 31, 2011

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Wait, peanuts?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

graybook posted:

Wait, peanuts?

Peanuts?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For those less obsessive than I, John has a deadly peanut allergy.

e: dammit

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Welp, it looks like the Black Queen has been replaced with the Troll Empress. And I thought the original kid's session was hosed up.

And CD's lines about the new queen's "hat" are adorable.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

quote:

You say will you shut up about the hats. He says it's probably because she wears the most grand and luxurious fluffy hat he's ever seen. You say you don't think that's a hat. You think it's something called "hair." He says oh.

Could The Empress be the new Black Queen too? :ohdear:

E: f,b But I have a quote. :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So I guess John inherited the peanut allergy from his father, eh?

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
I think this is like the Condesce had Homestuck explained to her by someone who only read it once and didn't read the persterlogs, and is attempting to use this spotty knowledge to do villainy.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

So not only did the Consdesce find her way to the new universe, she also somehow managed to enter the new session before it even begun.

:psyduck:

VV I really, really like the format between MC/Derse Agent conversations. :colbert:

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 1, 2012

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I really think Hussie needed to think of some other way to handle conversations between Derse agents. This format is odd and annoying.

Oh well, more CD! :neckbeard:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
@ peanuts: If that wasn't a buried gun, I don't know what was.

Man do I like buried guns.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
It's funny how John's peanut allergy has been jokingly brought up in this thread as if it's going to become something relevant. Welp.

I want to see whatever hat CD is wearing. :3:

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
How has it been a whole year since Jadesprite was prototyped and Gamzee fondly regarded the miracle of a new beginning? :psyduck:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

It's funny how John's peanut allergy has been jokingly brought up in this thread as if it's going to become something relevant. Welp.

Nothing is irrelevant in Homestuck.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Lady of the Beech posted:

Nothing is irrelevant in Homestuck.

I would like to see how Hussie will ever make the Magnetic Wodka, Foam Fetal Mr. T or Nepeta relevant.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
What point was anyone's peanut allergy ever referenced ever?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

I would like to see how Hussie will ever make the Magnetic Wodka, Foam Fetal Mr. T or Nepeta relevant.

Clearly boozing up Lalonde with the Magnetic Wodka and then using a compass will be the only way to track her through her void powers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rooreelooo posted:

Ferroque posted:

Peanuts?

Come on dude, like ten posts above you.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

John's peanut allergy.

You people are fast.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I want to see whatever hat CD is wearing. :3:

You are now COMELY DAME.

You feel SO PRETTY.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

As a fun side note, here's Hussie's note in the book on the page with the peanut allergy update:

Andrew Hussie posted:

I think a lot of readers have been disappointed that John's peanut allergy never had significant consequences in the story later. Still, as of writing this note, the story isn't finished, so...
Now the question is, did he have this planned the whole time (since I recall reading a thing where he said he'd been setting up the kid/guardian swap for almost the whole comic), or did writing that note for the book remind him of John's horrible affliction?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

JavaJesus posted:

As a fun side note, here's Hussie's note in the book on the page with the peanut allergy update:

Now the question is, did he have this planned the whole time (since I recall reading a thing where he said he'd been setting up the kid/guardian swap for almost the whole comic), or did writing that note for the book remind him of John's horrible affliction?

The pivotal moment of the entire comic will come down to a character having or not having arms

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

"Now am I actually unarmed? Or am I simply rendered that way? Tell me kid, do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya?"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

The pivotal moment of the entire comic will come down to a character having or not having arms

Well...

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Chunky12345 posted:

Well...

That doesn't count, he meant "pivotal moment" in a metaphorical sense.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Chwoka posted:

That doesn't count, he meant "pivotal moment" in a metaphorical sense.

Hey man it let him start talking to Karkat as an exile that's pretty pivotal. :mad:

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Rooreelooo posted:

In addition to earlier on this very page, it was referenced about two months ago

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Update, and it's loving incredible

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
So the first two kills to be confirmed are that of the Prospit dreamers? It seems odd that those two are the ones that died first considering SS and CD had to travel all the way out to Prospit to carry out the mission.

I can only imagine HB and DD failed miserably.

e: also, Prospit will probably ban peanuts and despise them to a level that Dersites despise Bilious Slick. So will we get delicious looking illegal contraband?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Depends on whether or not they have forensics advanced enough to figure out he was killed with peanuts.