Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Today was awesome because it was the first day all week that I wasn't too sick to get out of bed. I played Santa to some of my family members, then took a present out to one of my really good friends. I thought I was just going to drop off her gift and say hi to her family, but I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon and evening at her house. It has been so long since we last spent time together, it was wonderful to just hang out with her and play music and sing. I got to meet her dude, and he is awesome and I wholeheartedly approve.

And tomorrow is Christmas so I have cinnamon rolls rising in the oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I helped a few families find some new pets for Christmas. I'm especially happy about an older cat who is just starting to go into renal failure. His new family is perfect for him. They'll make sure that for however long his kidneys hold out he has a safe and happy home.

I spent some time with my family that didn't end in tears. And I even managed to get presents for my niece and nephew that they like.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Today I realized I lost 20 pounds. Holy poo poo.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

UnfurledSails posted:

Today I realized I lost 20 pounds. Holy poo poo.

Want to make it even more monocle-popping? Go to the supermarket and stack 20 pounds worth of flour.. and then realize that you were carrying all that all the loving time.

(I lost 20kg since August)

Trapdoor
Jun 7, 2005
The one and only.

Trapdoor posted:

Let's see..

Paid for hotel and flights to New York for New Year's Eve for me and my boyfriend.

Oh yeah, and I came out of the closet to my friends and family after knowing I've been gay for about a month.

Today was awesome because I got to tell him our trip to New York for New Year's Eve, I can't even begin to explain his reaction, it was great.

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
Today was awesome because my parents got me a Vince Wilfork and BenJarvus Green-Ellis jersey, they asked what size they should get me and i said 2XL. Turns out i should have asked for XL. Lost around 70 pounds so far (maybe more).

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got a new motherfucking computer! :dance::dance: And a proper computer chair! I'd been using a kitchen chair for almost a year. Several times today I've just stopped what I'm doing and spun around and round for a few minutes- I'd forgotten what a joy it is to be able to swivel in place.

And my niece got The Lion King soundtrack :3: We spent all day rocking out to Be Prepared.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
December 25, 2011
- Day after Christmas Eve.
- Got to experience the joys of playing Skyward Sword and Skyrim. Both are amazing.
- Lots of delicious Christmas leftovers.
- Got call from boyfriend about a trip to New York for my birthday. :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Today is awesome because I gave my girlfriend an amazing christmas. She has never really had anything like that, and is used to being pushed aside by her family for other people. I rarely feel awesome and proud but seeing her so happy and smiling was the best.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
December 26 2011
- My day today is awesome because I will be hanging out with friends.
- I am also inspired to draw again! I like what I have produced so far. I'll have an avatar any time now...
- Got to watch two full X-men movies today. I've come to really love X-men.

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Dec 27, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I'm coming off a string of amazing days :)

-I had a lovely and relaxing christmas
-I got to spend the afternoon with my best friend
-I spent the evening with one of my favorite people, watching my favorite basketball team win over our rivals (boo lakers!)
-I got to go home and sleep in my own bed for the first time in in a while and found my kitty waiting to cuddle with me

Now only three days before another amazing 4 day weekend!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Christmas is over.

Yay!

Danny Bro Pty Ltd
Sep 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Jack Daniels flavoured coffee beans. Hell yes!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
NC State won the bowl game against Louisville. Yeehaw.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

December 27 2011
- Today is awesome because I got to hang out with another friend. :)

December 28 2011
- Today is awesome because.... I'm not sure why today is awesome actually. Maybe today is awesome because I am alive.
- Correction. Today is awesome because I drew a new character for the first time! Well, he's not exactly new but still. It's the first time I've drawn his face and I'm already happy with how it looks. Now I just need to finish the sketch he's in so I can present it.

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 06:18 on Dec 29, 2011

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
I finally got an interview with a small accounting firm for next week. I graduated back in June. I want a real job so bad!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

December 29, 2011
- Today is awesome because I decided to filter my posts in this thread today and realized I have been able to find something awesome about every day for the past 13 days. IE, I am successfully forming a self-esteem building habit.
-- EDIT: Now 14 days.
-- EDIT: Technically that's 15 awesome days because I also talked about the day before in my first post.
- Today is awesome because I've been getting valuable feedback on my artwork, and I've been inspired more to draw lately in response. I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to perfecting a flawed character design.
- Today is awesome because I got to meet some friends of my mom's for the first time and hang out with them. They were great people.

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Dec 30, 2011

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
I've just got up so my day might even get more awesome but must boast this. Her majesties revenue and customs just sent me a cheque for £451.83 for overpaid tax from four years ago. I figured I was due something back but I thought it would only be £100 or so.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

kombatMedik posted:

Christmas is over.

Yay!
This. I am finally back home after visiting way too many relatives in the past seven days. Just finished my first post-Christmas run up my favorite hill. Twelve miles of aching legs and pure bliss.

Angrykraut
Jul 23, 2004
I got to see the new Tintin movie, which reminded me of my childhood. It was a lot of fun. On top of that, beforehand I got to have some drinks with 3 really good friends, including one who no longer lives in the area.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

My mom just found out the turducken is a real thing. She thought that it was a gigantic prank until she saw an add in Byerly's. Can't wait to show her that one epic meal time later :allears:

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

I got a cool haircut and my nana made quinoa patties :toot:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

After being in LA for 3 months having two terrible roommates experiences, I have found a studio apartment that I can actually afford, and it's really nice and the landlord put a lot of effort into remodeling it and cleaning it. I won't get to move in till the fourth since that's apparently the soonest the power company had five minutes to come flip a switch outside of the unit, but it makes dealing with my current situation a lot less stressful.

Also this girl from the city I used to live in that admitted to having a crush on me shortly after I moved away just told me she's going to be in town in February or March. She asked me if I could take photographs of her while she's here and then she said she's going to be out here meeting with a producer and director and offered to introduce me to them.

Life is pretty baller.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
My day's awesome because it's New Year's Eve, which means Twilight Zone Marathon on the SciFi channel.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Because I didn't quite have the time yesterday:

December 30 2011
- That day was awesome because I went to hang out with my grandma for the weekend!

December 31 2011
- Today was awesome because I actually had a dream that I could remember some notable details of! My grandma also bought a feast and we'll be going shopping later today. I love her generosity! :)
- I also noticed that construction of a new porch (the old one got old despite being younger than I am and has been destroyed) is well under way. It looks nice!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had a pretty great yesterday, I went to Friendly's for the first time (amazing ice cream and shakes btw), bought some new clothes and a calendar, and finally got to hang out with one of my old friends. And today is New Years Eve, and I'm hanging out with friends rather than family, so I don't have to hear my dad complain about how the crowd of people in times square are all idiots. So that's good.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
A little story here!

I had to get emissions testing done for my car by December 31st, today. Two weeks ago my engine light was on so I had to bring it to the shop before testing. Two days after the first shop visit I get the car back, they tell me everything is fine and go get tested. My car was rejected, some sensor was wrong. I bring it back to the shop, they say oops sorry, we'll reset the car codes and all that. A day later they tell me I'm ready for testing but I need to drive around a bit so the car computer can "retrain" the sensors and codes or whatever. They recommended driving around for 200 miles. Cool.

Turns out that my friend needs to go back to her home state for the holidays so I thought perfect! That's like a 400 mile round trip. I drove her home, on the way back my loving engine light goes on again. The shop can't take me until the next week. They dicked me around for a while until December 30th rolls in and they FINALLY looked at my car, and basically said nothing is wrong, they just needed to turn the light off. I was seriously doubting their abilities at this point but whatever. I had one day left for emissions testing, today.

So this morning I'm at the testing center. Guess what, I failed again. They said I got rejected too many times and was locked out of the system. I had to bring it in to a shop and test again Jan. 2. Well gently caress. In the parking lot I looked up a mechanic that was only half a mile from the emissions center. In desperation I went there and told them I had 2 hours till the testing center closed and I was hosed. And they were the nicest. People. Ever.

They skipped over a car they were working on and pulled in mine. In 5 minutes they knew what was wrong and said the other shop did the worst piece of poo poo job, it looked like someone slapped duct tape all over my gas tank. All's I needed was a new gauge of some kind. They said I needed to drive around some more though, I said "do I really need to drive 200 miles again?" They laughed at me and had one of their people rip my car around the block a few times then said it was good to go.

One of their guys drove it to the testing center himself. After saying I was locked out of the system the head mechanic called them and said "Yeah. It's me. The car coming in is one of ours, you can let it through. Bye."

The whole thing was so beautiful I wanted to cry and hug this man. In half an hour they fixed what the other shop couldn't in 3 visits. It really made my day.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

More reasons why today was awesome:
- I gave to a homeless guy who was sitting outside of a shop today. It's not much, I'm afraid, but every little bit helps. I hope he'll be alright.
- I got myself a new pair of jeans, and a nice-looking 100% cotton shirt. I don't buy myself clothes very often so this is great for me.
- My linguistics professor realized she made a calculations error in my favor. My A- is now an A! :3:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
For an end-of-the-year gift, my boss bought me a gallon jug of Cigar City Jai Alai!

This is my favorite IPA, and now I have 128oz of it. Happy loving new year, everyone :cheers:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

January 1st 2012
- Today is awesome because it is a new day, a new month, a new year! Happy New Years, everybody, and may all of your days this year be awesome.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Vigilante Banana posted:

My day's awesome because it's New Year's Eve, which means Twilight Zone Marathon on the SciFi channel.

Oh man you too? I love it because there's always episodes I've somehow managed to miss.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Yeet posted:

A little story here!

I had to get emissions testing done for my car by December 31st, today. Two weeks ago my engine light was on so I had to bring it to the shop before testing. Two days after the first shop visit I get the car back, they tell me everything is fine and go get tested. My car was rejected, some sensor was wrong. I bring it back to the shop, they say oops sorry, we'll reset the car codes and all that. A day later they tell me I'm ready for testing but I need to drive around a bit so the car computer can "retrain" the sensors and codes or whatever. They recommended driving around for 200 miles. Cool.

Turns out that my friend needs to go back to her home state for the holidays so I thought perfect! That's like a 400 mile round trip. I drove her home, on the way back my loving engine light goes on again. The shop can't take me until the next week. They dicked me around for a while until December 30th rolls in and they FINALLY looked at my car, and basically said nothing is wrong, they just needed to turn the light off. I was seriously doubting their abilities at this point but whatever. I had one day left for emissions testing, today.

So this morning I'm at the testing center. Guess what, I failed again. They said I got rejected too many times and was locked out of the system. I had to bring it in to a shop and test again Jan. 2. Well gently caress. In the parking lot I looked up a mechanic that was only half a mile from the emissions center. In desperation I went there and told them I had 2 hours till the testing center closed and I was hosed. And they were the nicest. People. Ever.

They skipped over a car they were working on and pulled in mine. In 5 minutes they knew what was wrong and said the other shop did the worst piece of poo poo job, it looked like someone slapped duct tape all over my gas tank. All's I needed was a new gauge of some kind. They said I needed to drive around some more though, I said "do I really need to drive 200 miles again?" They laughed at me and had one of their people rip my car around the block a few times then said it was good to go.

One of their guys drove it to the testing center himself. After saying I was locked out of the system the head mechanic called them and said "Yeah. It's me. The car coming in is one of ours, you can let it through. Bye."

The whole thing was so beautiful I wanted to cry and hug this man. In half an hour they fixed what the other shop couldn't in 3 visits. It really made my day.

This story is awesome. There are so many bullshit horrible mechanics out there that I always love hearing about honest ones that give a poo poo about their work.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
My day is awesome because it's the first time in years that I am sitting here looking forward to what is to come this year. We went out for a beautiful dinner with the kid last night and rang in the new year watching old people dance. This is the first time we have gone out for new year's and the first time in six years or so that we've been together and I wasn't at work. I am hoping the saying about what you do at midnight is what you will be doing all year is true, it's proved sadly true in the past. If I get to spend this year with my daughter and husband smiling and happy then I can't ask for a single thing more.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
It's a brand new year :) I've never been so excited for New Years because it's the start to a new period in my life.

The past 365 days of my life have been the most eventful and significant of my life and I'm bittersweet to say goodbye to all that but I'm ready to move on. I'm done with college (undergraduate anyway), I finally got diagnosed after trying to figure out what was wrong with me for years, I went through a pretty major break-up, I live in a new city, I have new and amazing friends, I lost a lot of weight, lead a healthier life and I have a new job.

I have no idea what's next for me but this is the first time in a long, LONG time I've felt truly optimistic about the future. :) And it all starts today.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

More reasons why Jan 1st 2012 is awesome:
- I looked at my transcript today and I've finished my first semester with a 2.871. It's not good enough to survive grad school, of course, but I'm glad to know that I'm already well on the way there.
- Wikipedia has survived its fundraising campaign at the last minute once again!

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Jan 1, 2012

BART IM PISS
Aug 4, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Tomorrow (today) is a public holiday. It 3:25AM and I dont have to give a poo poo about being awake at 7AM.

Im just drinking and rage-quiting PC games, but drat, does it feel like wind through my hair freedom. (not a game player, just went silly on Steam)

Makin this day last forever, goddamit!

BART IM PISS has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jan 1, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
My wells fargo account is officially completely closed and I'm now with a credit union. Feels amazing. :3:

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I did not wake up with a hangover, and, while out with a friend, I discovered that Jelly Belly makes a product called belly flops which are all the irregular jelly beans. So now I have a pound of delicious but lovably oddly shaped jelly beans and it was only three dollars.

Danny Bro Pty Ltd
Sep 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've just realised that this entire week, my dreams were of squatting 500 pounds. It's been months since I've had dreams of reaching my goals.

also, I go on a flight today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
-I've actually got money in the bank once so I can start buying Christmas stuff for people, albeit very late :unsmith:

-Norv Turner's gonna get fired