Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

I'd be surprised if Andrew doesn't make that joke at some point, as a callback to this page

He already sort of did, across these two pages:

quote:

TG: or wait maybe it was just a waste of time
TG: you people think im made of the stuff
AA: :D
AA: i know you arent
AA: but i am
TG: what
AA: maid of time

e: And an update! Apparently Prospitans make their towers very bouncy for some reason.

FrictionlessEmu fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Going back to this page, it looks like the Prospitians repaired their buildings for Jake's funeral. Either they are quick workers, or the funeral took a while to happen, or Andrew just didn't think that much about it when drawing the panels.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

YF-23 posted:

Going back to this page, it looks like the Prospitians repaired their buildings for Jake's funeral. Either they are quick workers, or the funeral took a while to happen, or Andrew just didn't think that much about it when drawing the panels.

I think CD assassinated Jake earlier and they're only now getting around to killing Jane as well.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Song of Skaia is amazing. Everybody download it now.

e. Kinda reminds me of this.

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 1, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Haha, the lyrics of this thing are half in Latin and half in Quenya. I thought that cover font looked rather tengwaresque. It's massively kitschy but I love it. I'm the turbonerd, it's me. (Although not enough of one to really judge how well the Latin lyrics square with the chosen classicist pronunciation, say.)

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
You know, now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense that Prospit and Derse inevitably end up going to war against each other. I mean, look at the planets. They are entirely giant cities, and before players enter the medium the only planet with any actual vegetation is Skaia, and that's where the actual farms are anyway. If two normally completely out of contact planets had to share the same resource to survive, they would end up competing for and clashing over said resource.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Haha, the lyrics of this thing are half in Latin and half in Quenya. I thought that cover font looked rather tengwaresque. It's massively kitschy but I love it. I'm the turbonerd, it's me. (Although not enough of one to really judge how well the Latin lyrics square with the chosen classicist pronunciation, say.)

Now we just need a superturbo nerd to translate the lyrics for us.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

QueerPope posted:

Now we just need a superturbo nerd to translate the lyrics for us.

No need, there's a full transcription and translation on the song page on Bandcamp.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Having taken a little bit of Latin, the only problem I found pronunciation wise was that vento should be pronounced wento.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

senseinobu posted:

Having taken a little bit of Latin, the only problem I found pronunciation wise was that vento should be pronounced wento.

Solution: the song is in the only dialect of Latin sung in anymore, that being Mangled Beyond Recognition By A Thousand Years Of Catholic Practice Latin.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

:stare:

If Jane is going god tier she sure knows how to make an entrance, blowing up the Prospitan Vatican.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The explosion is the same color as the 'Lifey thing'. Just noting that.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I like Bowman's voice. Something about it is just pretty catchy!

Also, being resurrected sure does cause a lot of explosions.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yeah, this is definitely Jane's lifey thing - CD's explosives only severed the tower.

Ze Pollack posted:

Solution: the song is in the only dialect of Latin sung in anymore, that being Mangled Beyond Recognition By A Thousand Years Of Catholic Practice Latin.

Nah, then it'd be all quasi-medievalized with c as an affricate and so forth.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
I just wish there was a LIFESPLODE sound effect here to go along with the HOPESPLODE from Eridan's murder spree.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

This is an absolutely idiotic degree of nerdiness and I ought to feel embarrassed for listening to it, but it sounds pretty and that's all I ask of it :3:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Update!

...What the hell is going on

Prankster's Gambit?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
You cannot hope to beat Jane in a death-fakeout-off. She is simply the best there is.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I guess... Jane blew up the mailbox as a further distaction and then fell asleep on her way back inside?

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
I feel sorry for Dad. Look at him, he's so upset. :(

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011

I guess... Jane blew up the mailbox as a further distaction and then fell asleep on her way back inside?

Well Vriska was able to force Jade to fall asleep. Who's to say that UU can't do something similar?

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Radiochromatic posted:

Well Vriska was able to force Jade to fall asleep. Who's to say that UU can't do something similar?
maybe Jane just has narcolepsy? ps, what happened to Jade's narcolepsy? was that just a thing that got discarded?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

snucks posted:

ps, what happened to Jade's narcolepsy? was that just a thing that got discarded?

That was never really a thing. At some point during act 5.2 it turned out that it was all Vriska practising her cross-session skills, which I assume is why Radiochromatic brought her up at all.

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011

snucks posted:

maybe Jane just has narcolepsy? ps, what happened to Jade's narcolepsy? was that just a thing that got discarded?

I think it was established that Jade didn't have narcolepsy. It just appeared that way because Vriska was constantly testing her skills on Jade.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

snucks posted:

That was a thing which was stabbed in the back with a cane-sword.

pkmnfrk
Dec 24, 2010

Chester Hjorvarth
Victorious this day
3-7-2011

snucks posted:

As explained by the very post you quoted, that was Vriska forcing Jade to sleep.

e: fb

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Jade had narcolepsy because Vriska kept testing freaky mind powers on her. I strongly suspect this is no longer the case

edit: I should just stop replying to people

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
A new and terrifying form of Vriskachat, wherein we just observe narrative facts about her.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

either she smokebombed to distract her dad and ran off behind the house, or an appearifier of some stripe got involved, i suspect.

Admiral Lasers fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 2, 2012

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

A new and terrifying form of Vriskachat, wherein we just observe narrative facts about her.

Vriska was a character in Homestuck who appeared in a couple of acts. Vriska had a computer.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Waffnuffly posted:

Vriska was a character in Homestuck who appeared in a couple of acts. Vriska had a computer.

Vriska is a shortening of "Vrishchika", the Hindi name for Scorpio, or could be related to "Vṛścika" the Sanskrit word for scorpion, but could also refer to KALPAVRIKSHA, a wish-fulfilling tree below the fourth chakra according to Zentra Yoga. This tree is said to fulfill both positive and negative wishes, again corresponding with the duality of Vriska Serket's personality.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Vriska is a well-developed, yet polarizing character.

Let me tell you about it in my fanfiction:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh, actually, that's pretty cool, I didn't know where most of the troll names come from.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I suddenly understand jack poo poo.

e/ All the troll name sources are pretty cool, it's really surprising the amount of work that went into some of them.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

loving lol at an unconscious Jane chilling far away from the mailbox after weeks of speculation

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Yeah, overall, the amount of work going into this comic is ridiculous. I really wonder how Hussie keeps it all straight. Does he have his own personal wiki that he uses to track everything?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renaissance Robot posted:

I suddenly understand jack poo poo.

:confused::hf::aaa:

VVVVVVV: that's what I figured, yeah. Felt that getting blown over the house by the explosion probably wouldn't leave her curled up so tidily. And in one piece.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 2, 2012

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Vriska is a well-developed, yet polarizing character.

Vriska deserved redemptiOH HEY DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD?!

Also, I put my money on Bunnybot quick-stepping in and getting Jane away at the last second.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
In conclusion, Vriska is a land of contrast.

dik-dik posted:

Yeah, overall, the amount of work going into this comic is ridiculous. I really wonder how Hussie keeps it all straight. Does he have his own personal wiki that he uses to track everything?

I believe this is an actual thing Hussie made and uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Roger Explosion posted:

Also, I put my money on Bunnybot quick-stepping in and getting Jane away at the last second.

Clearly the explosion blew her up and over the tree, concussing her severely. Her character arc will focus mainly on her heroic efforts to relearn how to speak and walk. Also, the bunny has a name, you know.