Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Man, this is why you don't give a cat semipotence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh its just GOD CAT guys, never mind nothing to worry about.

E: Hussie missed a prime opportunity to name it CATGOD

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Boneless Jogger posted:

Man, this is why you don't give a cat semipotence.

It's also further proof that parents don't know how to use google maps.

Also, God Cat? I'm sorry but he could've come up with a better name. :colbert:

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
There is a better name.

Becspers.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh its just GOD CAT guys, never mind nothing to worry about.

E: Hussie missed a prime opportunity to name it CATGOD

We must think alike then.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh a cat that is a God how normal hum-dee-dum dum-dum I guess that solves this mystery that we've been agonizing over since the end of act 6 part 1.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

FaceTime posted:

Subverting esoteric pun expectations with the dumbest loving name ever is a quiet masterstroke. :colbert:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Fortis posted:

There is a better name.

Becspers.

Curie.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"The GOD CAT" sounds less like a name and more like an informal title to me.

You know. Like that loving devilbeast.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The inevitable CATGOD prototyping can only end well.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

why does the God Cat's nose/moth profile look so familiar? (and also, so not catlike)

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

FaceTime posted:

God Cat,
Questionable Friend.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 2, 2012

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

dik-dik posted:

why does the God Cat's nose/moth profile look so familiar? (and also, so not catlike)

It kind of looks like Dad, honestly.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Vodka Bectini

Also this update, holy poo poo, it's wonderful. I'm so glad that their First Guardian is a cat. This will be magnificent.

I'm also really glad Mutini is finally relevant!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starmaker posted:

Mutini is finally relevant!

What do you mean "finally" :crossarms:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

unlike bec which obviously protected, served, played, and was a good dog, when you give a cat semipotence it probably bends your house in half when it hears the can opener, or doesn't hear it but wants to. You probably would never say "this is a cat that I own" unlike with a dog, is what I'm saying. it would just be "that god cat"

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
The entirety of Homestuck has actually been just a roundabout Aesop's fable with the moral "cats are assholes."

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Oh, it's that god cat. Well someone rub his head so he'll go away. No funny stuff, remember what happened to billy, the kid who tried to squirt him with a mister to get him off his couch? I'll never unsee that as long as I live...

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

dik-dik posted:

Maybe this

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

dumb brunette posted:

The entirety of Homestuck has actually been just a roundabout Aesop's fable with the moral "cats are assholes."
To be fair, Jaspersprite's a pretty chill dude. And Bec Noir hasn't exactly done the dogs' reputation much good.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

drat chimera posted:

Maybe this

:catstare:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=040.jpg

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

(I didn't make this, but thought it was relevant)

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Tollymain posted:

What do you mean "finally" :crossarms:

Well what has Mutini ever done? He was made, sat around with Rose, then sat around with John, then was sent back in time with Mom. KidMom made it look like he'd definitely be up to something, but I wasn't really expecting this (unless this is Jaspers, in which case I guess this would finally explain why he disappeared! Um, maybe)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

FaceTime posted:

It's also further proof that parents don't know how to use google maps.

this isn't necessarily the name, just what Jane calls it. Remember that by the T S Eliot standard, a cat has three different names.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
"That bastard" and all variations thereon, "Tom Hanks", and "*unintelligible cat noises*".

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
And here I thought I had the Scratch all figured out. :stare:

The God Cat could still totally be adorably devious, though. I mean, it's a cat. I've been living with one for long enough to know what they can do.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

dik-dik posted:

Puppy Becquerel:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Song of Skaia is gentle on the ears I would not say no to a full album but what I got for the price I got is nothing to complain about.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

FaceTime posted:

What's the point of naming a God Cat if it won't come when you call it? I'm pretty sure a lot of cats that just kind of hang around neighborhoods without any real owners don't have names either. This one just happens to have guardian powers.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
OK I'm calling it now, Godcat is jaspers + white cue ball probably? The mystery of jaspers disappearance didn't suddenly stop being a thing I mean.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I don't remember Jaspers being this aloof or stuck-up.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Why a cue ball? There's nothing to suggest the involvement of one except the old suspicion that the scratched session's first guardian would be another servant of Lord English. But God Cat does not look any more spherical than Bec did.

I do agree that Jaspers being involved in some way seems likely, though. If not as one of the ingredients to God Cat itself, then indirectly through Mutini, whose actual origin we still haven't seen. (Although that might involve the ectobiology equipment in the B1 lab room where Rose found him. Not that things couldn't be zapped back and forth, of course.)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Why a cue ball? There's nothing to suggest the involvement of one except the old suspicion that the scratched session's first guardian would be another servant of Lord English. But God Cat does not look any more spherical than Bec did.

I do agree that Jaspers being involved in some way seems likely, though. If not as one of the ingredients to God Cat itself, then indirectly through Mutini, whose actual origin we still haven't seen. (Although that might involve the ectobiology equipment in the B1 lab room where Rose found him. Not that things couldn't be zapped back and forth, of course.)

Vodka Mutini is an imperfect paradox clone of Jaspers. I'm pretty sure we know that already and in fact that's the only example of an imperfect paradox clone we have! They have some kind of deviation from the original and aren't bound by the normal laws of paradox cloning due to this, i.e. they don't have to go back in time and fulfil the loop.

Maybe there was more on this in the frog breeding rules? I don't really remember. Anyway that's what Mutie is, I'm fairly sure that was explicit or at least strongly suggested.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
That's certainly what seems to be the case, yes, but what I meant is that in fact we don't have certain knowledge of who made him when, where, and why. We don't even have confirmation that Jaspers was involved. Most likely he was and most likely the ectobiology equipment near which Mutini was found isn't a red herring either, but we don't have certainty yet.

edit:
To clarify, here's what we know about Mutini, if I'm not forgetting anything important:

1) Rose found him in what may or may not be Mom's old room below the lab near some ectobiology equipment.
2) She took him along into the game; eventually John picked him up.
3) He helped John make all the babies and was then sent back to Earth with baby R.
4) B1: We don't know what Mom did with him, exactly. He looks a bit older here, so I don't think he's ageless and timeless in an infinite loop or something. Probably he's why she got Jaspers, in one way or another.
5) B2: Mutini appears to be frozen in a block of ice somewhere around the lab or the Lalonde residence. The end-of-intermission flash showed us that R. will use this to smash a window, which could conceivably be how young Mutini ends up beneath the B1 lab if he wasn't made there wait that doesn't make any sense.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 2, 2012

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Krinkle posted:

unlike bec which obviously protected, served, played, and was a good dog, when you give a cat semipotence it probably bends your house in half when it hears the can opener, or doesn't hear it but wants to. You probably would never say "this is a cat that I own" unlike with a dog, is what I'm saying. it would just be "that god cat"

I assumed, based on her shirt, that the cat belonged to R??? Lalonde, which would explain Jade referring to it like "ugh it's that God Cat" again, although that could also be how she thinks of him even if he's "hers". But now that I look back at it again, vodka mutini and the god cat might actually be two different cats...

dik-dik fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 2, 2012

pkmnfrk
Dec 24, 2010

Chester Hjorvarth
Victorious this day
3-7-2011

Forer posted:

OK I'm calling it now, Godcat is jaspers + white cue ball probably? The mystery of jaspers disappearance didn't suddenly stop being a thing I mean.

???

Doc Scratch was created from a Cue Ball + Lil Cal + the t1ck t0ck etc. code. Considering his features/powers, I think I can guess which part was contributed by the Cue Ball. e: besides the omniscience

pkmnfrk fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 2, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bec was simply Halley + Meow code, so there's no indication that God Cat is cueball related at all.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Bec was simply Halley + Meow code, so there's no indication that God Cat is cueball related at all.

Yeah, I think the best theory so far is:

tinaun posted:

Cat Guardian = Vodka Mutini + BARK code ???

Or maybe Jaspers instead of Vodka Mutini.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Regy Rusty posted:

I think pkmnfrk is saying that while Halley was a white dog, Japsers/Mutini were BLACK cats, and the God Cat clearly is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Rather than Vodka Mutini, I bet Jasper's own disappearance and death will play a part.