Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I just like how they seem to think they're not being blatantly obvious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Thinly veiled requests for more Khajit erotica aside, I'm glad that Katia actually has some currency now. That gives us some options.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, getting really tired of the background hum of "hey listen if I phrase this right will you do [thing you always refuse to do]?" Acknowledging it in the comic with her reactions isn't even helping, it's like turning it into a dialogue where people come back with new responses rather than it being the final word of the character/authour.

Time to get in that well and find some opportunity. And just in time to save Kvatch! Fancy that.

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
So wait do you answer or at least show all the responses given or just the ones you use/comment on

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Syphilicious! posted:

So wait do you answer or at least show all the responses given or just the ones you use/comment on

Just the ones I use. Whenever possible I try to at least nod to everything, though. Even dumb poo poo like "Katia: Leekspin" often partially manifests.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I'm amazed you can produce anything worth reading at all after looking at your commands thread. Those people are really really not funny at all.

Presumable
Nov 23, 2011

by T. Fine

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I'm amazed you can produce anything worth reading at all after looking at your commands thread. Those people are really really not funny at all.

Every time anyone talks about LICD a dark spell cast by an evil wizard causes Ryan Sohmer's power to grow.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Yeah, it has its good moments, and now isn't really one of them. I think there's just one person who keeps veering it off-topic; I'm gonna go see if I can get a moderator to take care of that or something.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

You should move in with us baby. Forget about those clowns.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
We'll treat you the way you deserve. Come here, we'll hold you. It'll all be ok. Forever.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Kazerad posted:

Yeah, it has its good moments, and now isn't really one of them. I think there's just one person who keeps veering it off-topic; I'm gonna go see if I can get a moderator to take care of that or something.

Please don't hesitate to get the creepers banned.

NeerWas
Dec 13, 2004

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
If you stick with us we'll have great suggestions. Like I have this great idea for a character for your comic and

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

It looks like half the posts in the suggestions topic are "Katia: Suddenly realize you are a special snowflake and everything is great!"

Yes, random poster, your lovefest for your little catgirl waifu will magically turn her life around and fix everything.

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
Katia: Forget all this adventuring bullshit and start a small business. Sure, you don't have the capital for a start-up at the moment but if you find a steady job somewhere you'll, with a little thrift and patience, soon have the necessary money or at least enough to have the kind of financial security necessary to obtain a loan.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Kurui Reiten posted:

It looks like half the posts in the suggestions topic are "Katia: Suddenly realize you are a special snowflake and everything is great!"

Yes, random poster, your lovefest for your little catgirl waifu will magically turn her life around and fix everything.

Those people only make Katia's suffering more hilarious.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

It's not hard to create an MSPA forum account and post there, you know. That's what I did. :shobon:

Even if my suggestions get drowned out by the other lunatics...

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

IronSaber posted:

It's not hard to create an MSPA forum account and post there, you know. That's what I did. :shobon:

Even if my suggestions get drowned out by the other lunatics...

Yeah but :effort:

Also, I don't want to wade into the MSPA forums. Yuck.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Volmarias posted:

Yeah but :effort:

Also, I don't want to wade into the MSPA forums. Yuck.

This. I was going to create an account when this thread first started, but after looking at those forums.... Yeah.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Soonmot posted:

This. I was going to create an account when this thread first started, but after looking at those forums.... Yeah.

I don't blame you at all. I registered and post every now and then, but only when I really think I have something worthwhile to suggest.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Did you guys notice there was another update

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Did you guys notice there was another update

I did now!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I can't help but read crazy well lady's inability to discriminate between good and bad ideas as some kind of commentary on the decision-making capabilities of readers in the suggestion thread.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Katia what are you doing how have you not learned to switch off your darkvision before looking at bright things. I mean come ON.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Kazerad posted:

It could always be worse. You could be running the Be The Sea-Dweller Lowblood thread.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

It could always be worse. You could be running the Be The Sea-Dweller Lowblood thread.

I'm afraid to ask.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IronSaber posted:

I'm afraid to ask.

The Mspa fanbase is creepy and weird. It's best not to.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Aw.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Grapplejack posted:

The Mspa fanbase is creepy and weird. It's best not to.

It's not that the fanbase is being creepy, it's that the story's gotten too popular and the mspa forums have an unspoken rule of "anything important enough to be said will be said within the 100 pages". When the thread hits 100 pages, the mods step in and lock it. But that particular thread has so many people posting in it that the author had to make a discussion thread on some other forum. In the past he wanted to finish up a plot point before the thread hit 100 pages but it was so bad he had to make big huge posts with large font red text to get everyone's attention. In the current thread, a mod came in and had to hand out nearly 2 pages worth of probations to get everybody to shut the gently caress up because the author had already said he didn't need any more suggestions for the time being.

There's one dude in particular who's pretty cool otherwise but has this habit of saying completely off the wall assumptions and statements that derail the thread for pages. People post the discussion thread all the time in a vain attempt to get people to go there, but people on that site are loving retarded. That thread's the only fan adventure I follow besides Prequel, I don't want to see the community kill it.

quote:

Also, is being a Khajiit that uses fire magic anything like being a cat in heat?
Kaz I know you said you try to get everyone's suggestions in but even acknowledging this kind of stuff is just going to invite more people to do it. On another note, does Katia still have to be insulted to do magic or does she have the hang of it?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wrist Watch posted:

It's not that the fanbase is being creepy, it's that the story's gotten too popular and the mspa forums have an unspoken rule of "anything important enough to be said will be said within the 100 pages". When the thread hits 100 pages, the mods step in and lock it.

A lot of forums have rules like this. Doesn't it have something to do with giant threads making GBS threads up performance for common forum software like vBulletin? That's the justification I usually see, anyhow.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gabriel Pope posted:

A lot of forums have rules like this. Doesn't it have something to do with giant threads making GBS threads up performance for common forum software like vBulletin? That's the justification I usually see, anyhow.

It's funny because they've realized that's no longer the case but they close anyways for tradition's sake.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Prequel updated. I am liking the pace of updates. :)

Katia needs a bow or a stave that shoots electricity.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I don't really see what Katia could currently do here, really.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

I'm gonna count it as a victory if she just doesn't fall in the well.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Haledjian posted:

I'm gonna count it as a victory if she just doesn't fall in the well.

So basically she's going to fall in the well.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Basically.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Why can't we just console kill the slaughterfish?

~
click the fish
>kill

Done deal.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

IronSaber posted:

Why can't we just console kill the slaughterfish?

~
click the fish
>kill

Done deal.

I thought it was established that Katia wasn't CHIM

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

pandaK posted:

So basically she's going to fall in the well.

Would be a good time to learn Flame Cloak.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Would be a good time to learn Flame Cloak.

So that she can drown in boiling water instead? :v:

I guess the fish-issue needs to be postponed until Katia gets to the mages guild (which will be totally normal and not at all controlled by crazy necromancers) and learns some lightning spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Perestroika posted:

So that she can drown in boiling water instead? :v:

I guess the fish-issue needs to be postponed until Katia gets to the mages guild (which will be totally normal and not at all controlled by crazy necromancers) and learns some lightning spells.

Only if said lightning spells cause her fur to stand on edge.

• Locked thread