Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
No "technically" about it. The feat does not require you to be a ranger; you just have to have a ranger at-will attack power that has a level.

Archery Mastery
Prerequisite: Any ranger at-will attack power that has a level
Benefit: Choose one of your ranger at-will attack powers that has a level. You lose that power and gain one of the powers granted by the Expert Archer class feature.

So, a half-elf who takes a Ranger power as their Dilettante pick should be able to pick this feat once they take Versatile Master at level 11 or beyond, without being a Ranger (either by class or multiclass.)

Regardless, I don't think the builder has a way to differentiate between various class at-wills. I suppose the feat could be written to look and see if you have certain at-will powers, but as soon as you use the feat to swap that at-will out, your character will be marked as "houseruled" since you would no longer qualify for the feat (since you no longer have one of those ranger at-will attack powers.)

The only other way I could think it would work would be to write each of the Ranger at-wills giving them a new programming variable which could be checked for the feat, but that would also mark you as houseruled as soon as you swap out that power. :: Shrugs ::

EDIT: I want to try to make it so that my Hexblade recognizes and uses a Dagger as an implement for the purposes of his Pact Weapon. So, from what I can tell in the Warlock.part file, I just have to make a new line along with each of the existing sections that changes WearingRod to WearingDagger. And then I have to go and find every magic dagger and make it grant WearingDagger along with the offhand enhancement bonus equivalent to the enhancement bonus of the Dagger. Correct? It looks time consuming, but not altogether impossible.

Once I get it working with the Dagger, I will add it for all of the Pact <weapon types> that can be equipped in the off-hand. And *then* I'll have to add it to all of the other weapons that could potentially make it onto a Warlock as an implement. Wow. That's a lot of work.

How do I modify an item which is included in the original data files? Do I just have to duplicate the entire weapon list or is there an easier way?

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Hell of a corner case, but I ran into a thing with a hybrid Fighter|Rogue (gimmick Spiked Shield/Tempest Fighter/Light blade thing). A Spiked Shield is a light shield, so it grants +1 AC/Ref. The Blade and Buckler Duelist feat (Dragon #381) increases the shield bonus from a light shield to 2. A Rhythm Blade enchantment on the Spiked Shield boosts the total shield bonus to AC/Ref to +3. So far, so good.

The Fighter feat Encouraging Shield should result in a +3 shield bonus to Will, but it is only adding +1 right now.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

Once I get it working with the Dagger, I will add it for all of the Pact <weapon types> that can be equipped in the off-hand.

It is way too much work. LOL. That is one of the reasons why I only coded traditional hexblade implements and no other. Also, Rod Expertise is way too good for hexblades to use daggers instead. Everything that is normal for hexblade implements is already coded. I would suggest whatever rules edge bonus you are looking for just be coded into a personalized custom rod. It will save you oodles of work.

Undrhil posted:

How do I modify an item which is included in the original data files? Do I just have to duplicate the entire weapon list or is there an easier way?
You can duplicate a single entry of something in a part file. I would start numbering after #50 so your customizations aren't affected the many appendnodes in the files.

Gomi posted:

The Fighter feat Encouraging Shield should result in a +3 shield bonus to Will, but it is only adding +1 right now.
If you are getting benefits from multiple feats why would you think that "feat" bonuses would stack up?

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 30, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Gomi posted:

Hell of a corner case, but I ran into a thing with a hybrid Fighter|Rogue (gimmick Spiked Shield/Tempest Fighter/Light blade thing). A Spiked Shield is a light shield, so it grants +1 AC/Ref. The Blade and Buckler Duelist feat (Dragon #381) increases the shield bonus from a light shield to 2. A Rhythm Blade enchantment on the Spiked Shield boosts the total shield bonus to AC/Ref to +3. So far, so good.

I'm not sure that this is possible. You can make it work with the following changes:

code:
 <RulesElement name="Rhythm Blade +1" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_6985" source="Adventurer's Vault 2">
    <Flavor> Fighting with this off-hand weapon improves your defense. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Level"> 3 </specific>
    <specific name="Gold"> 680 </specific>
    <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Weapon </specific>
    <specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="_Item_Set_ID"> ID_FMP_ITEM_SET_3 </specific>
    <specific name="Armor" />
    <specific name="Weapon"> Light Blade </specific>
    <specific name="Item Slot" />
    <specific name="Requirement" />
    <specific name="Critical"> +1d6 damage per plus </specific>
    <specific name="Special" />
    <specific name="Power" />
    <specific name="_Rarity" />
    <specific name="Enhancement"> +1 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
    <specific name="Granted Powers" />
    <specific name="Rarity"> Uncommon </specific>
    <specific name="Property"> While you wield this weapon in your off hand, your shield bonus to AC and Reflex increases by 1. </specific>
    <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_ITEM_SET_3 </specific>
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Light Shield Defense Bonus" value="+1" />
	  <statadd name="Heavy Shield Defense Bonus" value="+1" />
      <statadd name="ID_FMP_ITEM_SET_3 Set Count" value="+1" type="Rhythm Blade" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Encouraging Shield" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_2860" source="Dragon Magazine 385" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:43 PM">  
      <Prereqs> Fighter </Prereqs>  
      <print-prereqs> Fighter </print-prereqs>  
      <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>  
      <specific name="Short Description"> Shield bonus applies to Will </specific>  
      <specific name="Special" />  
      <specific name="type" />  
      <specific name="Associated Power Info" />  
      <specific name="Associated Powers" />  
      <rules>  
         <statadd name="Will Defense" value="+Light Shield Defense Bonus" />  
	 <statadd name="Will Defense" value="+Heavy Shield Defense Bonus" />  
      </rules>  
Your shield bonus also applies to your Will defense.  
   </RulesElement> 
But I'm not sure how that interacts with two-weapon defense, and the like.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

It is way too much work. LOL. That is one of the reasons why I only coded traditional hexblade implements and no other. Also, Rod Expertise is way too good for hexblades to use daggers instead. Everything that is normal for hexblade implements is already coded. I would suggest whatever rules edge bonus you are looking for just be coded into a personalized custom rod. It will save you oodles of work.

Well, that's nice, except I don't think you coded in for the pact blade, pact hammer or pact sword, did you? Those are "traditional" warlock implements...

Actually ... can a hexblade use those as implements? The Warlock class called them out as being usable. The hexblade doesn't say anything about them. The pact blade, hammer, etc. specifically say they can be used as Warlock implements, but since you don't have proficiency with pact items as implements, can you really use them? You normally have to have proficiency with an implement to use powers and properties of that implement...

EDIT: Also, the "rules edge" I am looking for: Unseelie Fey theme. I get disarmed in order to meet with a king or someone important like that. Minor action: I create my Shadow-wrought dagger. Minor action: I create my pact weapon. I am fully armed and ready to go in the event of a fight breaking out.

I know that I can accomplish a similar ends with an Apprentise Wand, but I want the coolness factor. :-D

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 30, 2011

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

Fallen Rib

Greyhawk Fan posted:

If you are getting benefits from multiple feats why would you think that "feat" bonuses would stack up?

Because they aren't feat bonuses, but shield bonuses, and ones that explicitly say 'your shield bonus increases by 1' instead of providing non-stacking +1 shield bonuses.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Undrhil posted:

... can a hexblade use those as implements?
A hexblade only gets his cool hexblade hook-up with his single non-item pact weapon (the one he conjures out of thin air). He could use other warlock pact weapons if he has training but his hook-up wouldn't work. By default hexblades have training in rods and wands and their single conjured pact weapon.

Gomi posted:

Because they aren't feat bonuses, but shield bonuses, and ones that explicitly say 'your shield bonus increases by 1' instead of providing non-stacking +1 shield bonuses.
The magic item doesn't actually add to your shield bonus (as coded by WotC). Instead it adds to AC and Reflex. So when your shield bonus is transferred that bit (from that Rhythm Blade) certainly will not go over. Maybe I can come up with a small fix instead of changing all these bits.

Edit:
Try downloading this: 50-shield-test.part and adding it to your part directory. See what happens.

The code is pasted here: pastebin code segment. It changed the Rhythem Blade to actually improving your sheild bonus instead of giving you an outright adjustment.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 30, 2011

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

Fallen Rib

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Edit:
Try downloading this: 50-shield-test.part and adding it to your part directory. See what happens.

I'm afraid this doesn't fix the issue. It actually makes it worse, in that the Rhythm Blade property no longer seems to apply -- formerly, I had a +3 AC/Reflex shield bonus (+1 light shield, +1 improvement from Blade and Buckler Duelist, +1 Rhythm Blade property on spiked shield in the off-hand). Now the shield bonus is +2 AC/Reflex. The Encouraging Shield feat still only bumps Will by 1.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Greyhawk Fan posted:

A hexblade only gets his cool hexblade hook-up with his single non-item pact weapon (the one he conjures out of thin air). He could use other warlock pact weapons if he has training but his hook-up wouldn't work. By default hexblades have training in rods and wands and their single conjured pact weapon.

I'm not sure it works like that, all a hexblade's pact blade requires you to 'hold your implement in one hand' and a Pact Blade (the weapon enchantment) 'functions as a warlock implement' so a hexblade should be able to summon their pact blade by using a Pact Blade. If you look at the language of the base warlock, they aren't listed as having proficiency with Pact Blades, just that Pact Blades can be used as implements (mirroring the language of the enchantment itself) and since hexblades are warlocks, they should work the same way.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

rantmo posted:

I'm not sure it works like that, all a hexblade's pact blade requires you to 'hold your implement in one hand' and a Pact Blade (the weapon enchantment) 'functions as a warlock implement' so a hexblade should be able to summon their pact blade by using a Pact Blade. If you look at the language of the base warlock, they aren't listed as having proficiency with Pact Blades, just that Pact Blades can be used as implements (mirroring the language of the enchantment itself) and since hexblades are warlocks, they should work the same way.

Right. And with MC Sorcerer or Arcane Implement Proficiency, they can use a Dagger as an implement (or a staff or orb) and gain the same benefits. Or MC Swordmage and use any off-hand light or heavy blade as an implement.

I just think it's a cool image.

You see this halfling running around in chainmail with a dagger. He gets cornered and suddenly, he's wielding a flail (or a broadsword or whatever the other pact weapons can be.)

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

rantmo posted:

Consider this: As far as this thread is concerned 4E is interpeted by CBLoader. With CBLoader and LCB your main hand must have your special pact blade from your class feature. If you can use a non-hexblade pact blade in your off hand then that may be fine. But you are not going to be optimal since they set up Rod Expertise to be so decent.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rod Expertise is phenomenal for hexblades, absolutely. That said, the LCB should support using a "suboptimal" implement since it's a rules legal choice.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Gomi posted:

I'm afraid this doesn't fix the issue. It actually makes it worse.
I made a slight change to that file. Try it again and see what happens. Armor Class is implemented so haphazardly in the LCB.

rantmo posted:

Rod Expertise is phenomenal for hexblades, absolutely. That said, the LCB should support using a "suboptimal" implement since it's a rules legal choice.
"Rules legal" or not there is nothing any of us can do about the fact that the LCB is hard coded to do math based on your main equipped weapon. So your hexblade-based pact blade must always be in your main hand. It is one of the limitations we have. Instead of a fully implemented XML system WotC covered the bases for AEDU and then each month did a patch to the executable to cover individual new feats and class features. Getting hexblades to work at all was a major pain in the rear end since we couldn't patch the executable. WotC's web team actually already had the builder setup to use themes and the early basics of essential builds before they stopped updating it.

So if there is some benefit you want out of a normal warlock pact blade that requires it to be in your main hand (because of the builder, not rules) you are not going to be able to get the benefits of both since they can't both be in your main hand.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 30, 2011

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm going to guess that nobody's taken a crack at the Soulknife from the WotC forums here? I don't see it in the OP and there was only one conversation about a mediocre Essentials-style one a while back.

This one looks pretty solid and complete, even looks fairly balanced. Unlike the Essentials-style Soulknife previously in the thread, it actually has feats, paragon paths and an epic destiny.

Would anyone be up for putting this together? Rummaging around items and tweaking feats is all well and good, but I have no idea where to even start with putting a class together. I'll even put up an account upgrade of your choice as something of a bounty.

Edit: Actually, this is a better link since it's the core thing for the class.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 1, 2012

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I'm going to guess that nobody's taken a crack at the Soulknife from the WotC forums here? I don't see it in the OP and there was only one conversation about a mediocre Essentials-style one a while back.

This one looks pretty solid and complete, even looks fairly balanced. Unlike the Essentials-style Soulknife previously in the thread, it actually has feats, paragon paths and an epic destiny.

Would anyone be up for putting this together? Rummaging around items and tweaking feats is all well and good, but I have no idea where to even start with putting a class together. I'll even put up an account upgrade of your choice as something of a bounty.

Edit: Actually, this is a better link since it's the core thing for the class.
Most of our attention seems to be focused more on published material; I know I, for one, don't usually go looking for homebrew classes.

Implementing an entire classes isn't really difficult; mostly it just the tedium of typing in all the powers. Psionic augmentation classes are even worse, because you have to enter each augmentable power FOUR TIMES (once for the base power, once at augment 0/1/2).

Yeah. Pain in the arse.

That being said, here's the core of the Soulknife class. With the exception of Shape Mind Weapon, NO POWERS HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED. For that matter, neither have any of the feats, paragon paths, epic destiny, or the hybrid version. That, and you probably won't want the source listed as "Teh Intarwebs" in the final version...

Anyways, I did some basic testing of the class, giving it access to Ardent powers strictly for testing reasons. The version here does NOT have said access, though. The Mind Weapon features add the appropriate damage bonus to ALL weapon attacks (did this under the assumption that any weapon the user adds is a placeholder for their mind weapon), but do not mark powers with the fact that this damage is typed, and Psychometabolism allows Strength or Dexterity for basic attacks (although this probably makes it so you can use Strength for ranged basic attacks with light thrown weapons, which it's not supposed to).

Obviously, this doesn't exactly make the class USABLE, without having any powers available. If you want to give the class access to Ardent powers to test how the LCB handles the class, just insert this line into the rules section of ID_INTERNAL_GRANTS_SOULKNIFE:
code:
<textstring name="PowersAsClass" value="ID_FMP_CLASS_529" />
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/soulknife.zip

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

The Google project's been removed, and the site's 404-ing.

The DMCA page still hasn't updated or anything, though.

Anyone have any info?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Here's the Build Your Story backgrounds from Heroes of the Feywild:
code:
  <RulesElement name="Eladrin Nobility" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_804" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <Prereqs>Eladrin</Prereqs>
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">You were raised in a comfortable environment by a family of minor eladrin nobles. The head of the family was a coure, a bralani, or a shiere (roughly equivalent to count, baron, or knight in the mortal realm). Your family made sure that you received a formal education, and you had the option of several careers in your city. For all your sheltering, though, fate has a way of knocking mighty nobles down a few pegs.</specific>
    <specific name="Benefit" />
    <specific name="Short Description" />
    <specific name="Campaign">Build Your Story</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Diplomacy, History</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Languages" />
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_DIPLOMACY" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_HISTORY" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feydark Refugees" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_805" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <Prereqs>Drow, Eladrin, or Gnome</Prereqs>
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">You were raised in a squalid environment by refugees fleeing the oppression of the Feydark, the subterranean realm of the Feywild. Your family might have been drow pariahs, escaped gnomes, or eladrin exiles on the run from marauding fomorians and cyclopses. You had few opportunities in your early life, so you learned to fend for yourself. Perhaps you found a place where you could belong despite your hardships, or maybe you had to keep running.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Dungeoneering, Thievery</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_DUNGEONEERING" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_THIEVERY" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Merchants" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_806" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <Prereqs>Eladrin, Gnome, Half-Elf, or Human with the Tuathan theme</Prereqs>
    <specific name="Common Kowledge">You were raised among merchants who traveled the trails of the Feywild, carting all kinds of mundane and exotic goods. Your clan was made up of gnomes, half-elves, fey-touched humans, another fey race, or a group of mixed races. Eladrin rarely become merchants, but some former nobles might be forced to take up the trade business, catering to the current nobility's needs. During your youth, you probably stayed in one of the merchant quarters in a small village or in the eladrin capital of Astrazalian, the mercantile hub of the Feywild. You were raised and educated in the expectation that you would follow the family tradition and help run the bsiness. However, fate had other plans.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Bluff, Insight</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_BLUFF" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_INSIGHT" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Peasants" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_807" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">You were raised in one of the small hamlets that dot the wilderness of the Feywild. You could be of any race, fey or non-fey, tahnks fo the fey crossing sthat bring unwitting travelers to the realm. You had an ordinary childhood, tending to crops and animals or hunting for food. You learned to deal with - or, rather, appease - the wilder fey creatures to keep them from disturbing your family. Then, during one of your forays into the wilderness, something happened that changed your life forever.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Heal, Nature</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_HEAL" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_NATURE" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Slaves" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_808" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">You were raised in terrible conditions, toiling under the yoke of an evil society. Perhaps you were a slave for the fomorians, forced to work in the Feydark raising food or crafting items for the giants. Maybe you were a captive in Nachtur, working on farms and furnaces under the lash of goblin and hobgoblin masters. Regardless, it is amazing that you survived as long as you did. Then something happened that delivered you from your horrid existence and thrust you toward a greater destiny.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Endurance</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ATHLETICS" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ENDURANCE" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Foster Parents (Cruel)" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_809" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">You were raised in a family other than your own, often mistreated by those who should have taken care of you. You received a poor education and were forced to stay on your toes to avoid the race of your guardians. Because your parents were cruel, you learned to lie, assess their moods to protect yourself, and hide when necessary.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Bluff, Insight, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_BLUFF" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_INSIGHT" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_STEALTH" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Foster Parents (Kind)" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_810" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">You were raised in a family other than your own, but they cared for you as if you were of their own flesh and blood. You received the best education your foster family could afford. Because your parents were kind, they taught you well.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Any</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ACROBATICS" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ARCANA" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ATHLETICS" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_DIPLOMACY" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_DUNGEONEERING" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ENDURANCE" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_HEAL" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_HISTORY" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_INTIMIDATE" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_NATURE" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_PERCEPTION" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_RELIGION" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_STEALTH" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_STREETWISE" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_THIEVERY" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Astrazalian - Acquired Higher Learning" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_811" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The City of Starlight, Astrazalian is the great capital of the eladrin. During the spring and summer, the city exists in the mortal world, covering the gentle green hills of its island with glittering spires. During autumn and winter, Astrazalaian sits in a precarious locationin the Feywild, close to the realm of the fomorians. The mad giants covet the city partially for its riches but mainly for its ability to cross planes. You attended one of the grand colleges of Astrazalian.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Arcana, History, Religion</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ARCANA" type="Background Association" />
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_RELIGION" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Astrazalian - Enlisted in the Sword Guard" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_812" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The City of Starlight, Astrazalian is the great capital of the eladrin. During the spring and summer, the city exists in the mortal world, covering the gentle green hills of its island with glittering spires. During autumn and winter, Astrazalaian sits in a precarious locationin the Feywild, close to the realm of the fomorians. The mad giants covet the city partially for its riches but mainly for its ability to cross planes. You enrolled in the Sword Guard to defend Astrazalian from fomorian attacks.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Endurance, Heal</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Astrazalian - Joined the Star and Dolphin Coster" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_813" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The City of Starlight, Astrazalian is the great capital of the eladrin. During the spring and summer, the city exists in the mortal world, covering the gentle green hills of its island with glittering spires. During autumn and winter, Astrazalaian sits in a precarious locationin the Feywild, close to the realm of the fomorians. The mad giants covet the city partially for its riches but mainly for its ability to cross planes. You became a member of the grand mercantile house, promoting trade with many eladrin lands.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">History, Insight, Streetwise</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_STREETWISE" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Mithrendain - Became a Barrier Sentinel" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_814" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Also called the Autumn City, Mithrendain is a beautiful fortress city that embraces the majestic trees that surround it. Unknown to most residents, Mithrendain sits on top of a great entrance to the Feydark, and the safety of the seal is kept by the Citadel Arcanum and its wizards. The city and its invisibility-preventing wards are protected by a secret police force, the grim Watchers of the Night, who go about their duty with zeal. You volunteered to fight in the defense of the Feydark seal.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Arcana, Endurance, Perception</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_PERCEPTION" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Mithrendain - Broke into the Citadel Arcanum" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_815" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Also called the Autumn City, Mithrendain is a beautiful fortress city that embraces the majestic trees that surround it. Unknown to most residents, Mithrendain sits on top of a great entrance to the Feydark, and the safety of the seal is kept by the Citadel Arcanum and its wizards. The city and its invisibility-preventing wards are protected by a secret police force, the grim Watchers of the Night, who go about their duty with zeal. You decided to sneak into the grand citadel out of sheer curiosity or because you were misled by bad company.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Bluff, Stealth, Thievery</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Mithrendain - Joined the Watchers of the Night" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_816" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Also called the Autumn City, Mithrendain is a beautiful fortress city that embraces the majestic trees that surround it. Unknown to most residents, Mithrendain sits on top of a great entrance to the Feydark, and the safety of the seal is kept by the Citadel Arcanum and its wizards. The city and its invisibility-preventing wards are protected by a secret police force, the grim Watchers of the Night, who go about their duty with zeal. You worked as a minor agent for the Watchers, keeping an eye on subtle threats to the Feydark seal.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Perception, Stealth, Streetwise</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Mithrendain - Learned in the Temple of Corellon" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_817" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Also called the Autumn City, Mithrendain is a beautiful fortress city that embraces the majestic trees that surround it. Unknown to most residents, Mithrendain sits on top of a great entrance to the Feydark, and the safety of the seal is kept by the Citadel Arcanum and its wizards. The city and its invisibility-preventing wards are protected by a secret police force, the grim Watchers of the Night, who go about their duty with zeal. You sought formal training from Corellon's clergy.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Heal, History, Religion</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Senaliesse - Attended Queen Tiandra" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_818" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Built atop enormous trees and hidden from casual view by rising mists, Senaliesse is a wonder to behold. The seat of Queen Tiandra's throne, this domain houses the Court of Stars and sees its share of intrigue and diplomatic dealings. Despite these similarities to a mortal court, Senaliesse is the home of ageless beings of great power, and mortals never stay here for long. You were allowed to attend Queen Tiandra as a lesser aide.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Arcana, History, Religion</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Senaliesse - Stopped an Assassination" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_819" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Built atop enormous trees and hidden from casual view by rising mists, Senaliesse is a wonder to behold. The seat of Queen Tiandra's throne, this domain houses the Court of Stars and sees its share of intrigue and diplomatic dealings. Despite these similarities to a mortal court, Senaliesse is the home of ageless beings of great power, and mortals never stay here for long. You stumbled upon a plot to assassinate a minor noble, and your efforts foiled the attempt.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Insight, Perception, Streetwise</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Senaliesse - Tasked by the Court" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_820" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Built atop enormous trees and hidden from casual view by rising mists, Senaliesse is a wonder to behold. The seat of Queen Tiandra's throne, this domain houses the Court of Stars and sees its share of intrigue and diplomatic dealings. Despite these similarities to a mortal court, Senaliesse is the home of ageless beings of great power, and mortals never stay here for long. You were assigned a minor diplomatic task by the Court of Stars that took you to a distant land.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Bluff, Diplomacy, Insight</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Shinaelestra - Battled Fomorians" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_821" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The Fading City is being reclaimed by the wilderness. Covered by trees and thick with undergrowth, Shinaelestra lies mostly in ruins, but that doesn't bother the rangers who live there. Every midnight, the Fading City appears in the midts of the Howling Forest in the mortal world, and each dawn it returns to the Feywild. The greatest threat to Shinaelestra is the fomorian realm of Vor Thomil. You volunteered to fight against the fomorians of Vor Thomil.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Dungeoneering, Intimidate</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_INTIMIDATE" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Shinaelestra - Guided Pilgrims" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_822" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The Fading City is being reclaimed by the wilderness. Covered by trees and thick with undergrowth, Shinaelestra lies mostly in ruins, but that doesn't bother the rangers who live there. Every midnight, the Fading City appears in the midts of the Howling Forest in the mortal world, and each dawn it returns to the Feywild. The greatest threat to Shinaelestra is the fomorian realm of Vor Thomil. You shepherded mortal pilgrims through the Howling Forest during Shinaelestra's nightly worldfalls.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Nature, Perception</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Shinaelestra - Studied the Wilderness" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_823" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The Fading City is being reclaimed by the wilderness. Covered by trees and thick with undergrowth, Shinaelestra lies mostly in ruins, but that doesn't bother the rangers who live there. Every midnight, the Fading City appears in the midts of the Howling Forest in the mortal world, and each dawn it returns to the Feywild. The greatest threat to Shinaelestra is the fomorian realm of Vor Thomil. You spent time exploring the wilderness that is taking over Shinaelestra.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Acrobatics, Endurance, Nature</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_ACROBATICS" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Shinaelestra - Trained as a Ranger" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_824" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The Fading City is being reclaimed by the wilderness. Covered by trees and thick with undergrowth, Shinaelestra lies mostly in ruins, but that doesn't bother the rangers who live there. Every midnight, the Fading City appears in the midts of the Howling Forest in the mortal world, and each dawn it returns to the Feywild. The greatest threat to Shinaelestra is the fomorian realm of Vor Thomil. You sought training under Calenon Thray, the ranger lord of Shinaelestra</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Nature, Perception, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Brokenstone Vale - Hunted Lycanthropes" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_825" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This forested valley and the mine-rilddled mountains that surround it are the province of werebeasts of all kinds, given free range by an ancient pact with the Court of Stars. In tiny hamlets on the boundaries of this realm, civilized lycanthropes can trade with merchants under the watchful eye of werewolf lord Viktor Mazan. underneath Brokenstone Vale lies an entrance to the fomorian kingdom of Harrowhame. Inspired by the archfey known as the Maiden of the Moon, you joined the hunt for any werebeast that set foot outside the vale.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Brokenstone Vale - Traded Goods" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_826" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This forested valley and the mine-rilddled mountains that surround it are the province of werebeasts of all kinds, given free range by an ancient pact with the Court of Stars. In tiny hamlets on the boundaries of this realm, civilized lycanthropes can trade with merchants under the watchful eye of werewolf lord Viktor Mazan. underneath Brokenstone Vale lies an entrance to the fomorian kingdom of Harrowhame. You bartered with civilized lycanthropes in the outskirts of the vale.</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Cendriane - Found Arcane Lore" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_827" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Formerly the greatest city in the Feywild, Cendriane is now a ruin, having been devastated during the wars fought by the drow, eladrin, and elves. Giant spiders, displacer beasts, and other dangerous creatures stalk the deserted thoroughfares, and sinister undead lurk beneath the city. You came across a magic remnant of Cendriane's heyday and gleaned insight from it.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Arcana, History</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Cendriane - Ran Afoul of the Natives" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_828" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Formerly the greatest city in the Feywild, Cendriane is now a ruin, having been devastated during the wars fought by the drow, eladrin, and elves. Giant spiders, displacer beasts, and other dangerous creatures stalk the deserted thoroughfares, and sinister undead lurk beneath the city. You had to battle the spiders, fey monsters, and undead that infest Cendriane.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Acrobatics, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Fey Crossing Hamlet - Guarded the Crossing" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_829" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The typical Feywild hamlet houses a small number of families in an even mix of Faerie natives and immigratns from the mortal world. Due to the nature of fey crossings, these hamlets tend to be built within great woodlands, with crooked buildings surrounded by giant tree roots. Most inhabitants of the hamlets are farmers, herders of pigs and sheep, or trappers wise in the ways of the fey. Merchants are welcome in these hamlets, too, since they bring news and goods from the faerie realm. You watched over the nearby fey crossing, keeping an eye out for troublesome travelers.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Intimidate, Perception</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Fey Crossing Hamlet - Ran a Trading Post" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_830" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The typical Feywild hamlet houses a small number of families in an even mix of Faerie natives and immigratns from the mortal world. Due to the nature of fey crossings, these hamlets tend to be built within great woodlands, with crooked buildings surrounded by giant tree roots. Most inhabitants of the hamlets are farmers, herders of pigs and sheep, or trappers wise in the ways of the fey. Merchants are welcome in these hamlets, too, since they bring news and goods from the faerie realm. You traded with residents of the Feywild and the natural world, learning much in the process.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Bluff, Streetwise</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feydark Opening Hamlet - Explored the Feydark" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_831" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Located near passages to the underground realms of the fomorians, these hamlets are rough-and-tumble places where the seedier elements of the Feywild congregate. The ramshackle communities are more egalitarian than most Feywild locations - they threaten everyone equally. Yet for all their sinister appearances, these hamlets are safer than the dark lands of fomorians, cyclopses, and goblins. You went far into the Feydark, exploring its depths and learning about its denizens.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Dungeoneering, Thievery</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feydark Opening Hamlet - Scouted for Trouble" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_832" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Located near passages to the underground realms of the fomorians, these hamlets are rough-and-tumble places where the seedier elements of the Feywild congregate. The ramshackle communities are more egalitarian than most Feywild locations - they threaten everyone equally. Yet for all their sinister appearances, these hamlets are safer than the dark lands of fomorians, cyclopses, and goblins. You routinely sneaked close to the Feydark opening, prepared to sound an alarm in case of an incursion.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Perception, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feydark Opening Hamlet - Served as a Feydark Sentinel" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_833" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Located near passages to the underground realms of the fomorians, these hamlets are rough-and-tumble places where the seedier elements of the Feywild congregate. The ramshackle communities are more egalitarian than most Feywild locations - they threaten everyone equally. Yet for all their sinister appearances, these hamlets are safer than the dark lands of fomorians, cyclopses, and goblins. You fought creatures of the Feydark routinely to keep them from attacking the surface.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Acrobatics, Athletics</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feywild Trails - Lived on the Trail" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_834" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The Feywild is so thinly populated that one can walk for weeks without encountering a soul. Those who are wise in the ways of the fey know to stay to the trails that crisscross the realm. Travelers who stray from these paths might fall prey to dangerous creatures such as fey panthers, hags, or worse. Still, some inhabitants like the wandering life, spending most of their days between communities. Those who adopt this lifestyle end up mimicking the wild fey in experience and demeanor. You lived near the path, consorting with the wild fey and learning much of their lore.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Endurance, Nature</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feywild Trails - Traveled to Another City" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_835" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The Feywild is so thinly populated that one can walk for weeks without encountering a soul. Those who are wise in the ways of the fey know to stay to the trails that crisscross the realm. Travelers who stray from these paths might fall prey to dangerous creatures such as fey panthers, hags, or worse. Still, some inhabitants like the wandering life, spending most of their days between communities. Those who adopt this lifestyle end up mimicking the wild fey in experience and demeanor. You never strayed from the path, traveling to another city either alone or as part of a caravan.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">History, Nature</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 3, 2012

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
code:
  <RulesElement name="The Isle of Dread - Explored Yuan-Ti Ruins" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_836" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Perhaps the most mysterious place in the Feywild - and that is a considerable feat - the Isle of Dread is a volcanic island dotted with ancient ruins that seems to trap sailors intentionally. Survivors of shipwrecks band together for safety against the wandering monsters. You ventured deep into the snake-infested ruins in the island's interior.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">History, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Isle of Dread - Struggled to Survive" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_837" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Perhaps the most mysterious place in the Feywild - and that is a considerable feat - the Isle of Dread is a volcanic island dotted with ancient ruins that seems to trap sailors intentionally. Survivors of shipwrecks band together for safety against the wandering monsters. You were beset repeatedly by the bestial inhabitants of the island and struggled to outlast the siege.</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Lake of Dreams" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_838" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This lake, known for the glass-like stillness of its waters, is located in the middle of a particularly dark forest. The woods are rumored to be the personal fiefdom of Razcoreth, the green dragon better known as the Whispering Wyrm. Your only hope for escaping the Lake of Dreams was to bargain with the dragon. You ran into the fey that serve Razcoreth and were brought into the presence of the Whispering Wyrm.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Arcana, Bluff</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Maze of Fathaghn - Dealt with the Dryad Queen" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_839" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This enormous briar maze belongs to the dryad queen Fathaghn, and lost travelers are kept away from the maze's center at all costs. You approached Queen Fathaghn, promising to carry out a task for her if she would grant you a favor.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Diplomacy, Insight</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Maze of Fathaghn - Wandered the Maze" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_840" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This enormous briar maze belongs to the dryad queen Fathaghn, and lost travelers are kept away from the maze's center at all costs. You were lost in the maze and endured repeated attacks by dryads and treants until you managed to find a way out.</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Murkendraw - Bargained with a Hag" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_841" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">An expansive swamp that stretches as far as the eye can see, the Murkendraw is a haven for dangerous beasts, mad treants, and conniving hags. You approached or were found by a hag and tried to strike a bargain with her. You wanted the hag to relieve you of a curse in exchange for a future service.</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Murkendraw - Explored the Swamp" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_842" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">An expansive swamp that stretches as far as the eye can see, the Murkendraw is a haven for dangerous beasts, mad treants, and conniving hags. You spent a long time sloshing about the swamp, trying merely to survive.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Acrobatics, Endurance</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The Murkendraw - Found the Murkroot Trade Moot" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_843" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">An expansive swamp that stretches as far as the eye can see, the Murkendraw is a haven for dangerous beasts, mad treants, and conniving hags. Through chance or skill, you found your way to the underground marketplace run by the Bogbottom goblins. You might have come to the Moot with a purpose, or perhaps you simply stumbled in, resting just long enough to gather your wits.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Intimidate, Stealth</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Languages" >Goblin </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_GOBLIN" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Plains of Echoing Thunder" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_844" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This open country of rolling hills and grassy plains is the stomping grounds of centaur tribes. Due to the centaurs' devotion to Kord, storms are particularly common. Your only hope of getting off the plains was to visit with the centaurs. You came across a centaur hunting band and asked for help in navigating the plains.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Nature</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="The White Well" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_845" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">You wandered alone for many days through a serene forest that seemed to exdude deep sorrow. Finally, you reached a pool that reflected the moon with unmatched intensity. You found the White Well, said to be the residence of its namesake Lady, an archfey of divine heritage. The only reason to visit the White Well is to approach the Lady. You sought the Lady, begging for her favor or possibly her love.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Arcana, Insight</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feydark Wilds - Lived in the Shadows" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_846" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Between the lands claimed by fomorian kings and goblin warlords stretch endless tunnels in the wilds of the Feydark. Choked with phosphorescent fungi and dangling roots from the great trees aboveground, the Feydark tunnels are a wilderness in their own right. Travelers might spend years wandering, lost, without ever seeing the light of day. You skulked in the eternal twilight of the Feydark for a time, avoiding the fomorian and goblin kingdoms and dodging their raiding parties.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Dungeoneering, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Feydark Wilds - Sought a Path to the Surface" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_847" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Between the lands claimed by fomorian kings and goblin warlords stretch endless tunnels in the wilds of the Feydark. Choked with phosphorescent fungi and dangling roots from the great trees aboveground, the Feydark tunnels are a wilderness in their own right. Travelers might spend years wandering, lost, without ever seeing the light of day. Your time in the Feydark was shaped by your unceasing quest to return to the light of the surface world.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Dungeoneering</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Fortress of Frozen Tears" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_848" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">Located in a desolate icy waste, the Fortress of Frozen Tears is the seat of power for the Prince of Frost, mighitiest of the winter fey. His contempt for mortals is legendary, and his rivalry with the summer fey is bitter, but he still receives ambassadors from distant lands. Eladrin with an affinity for winter live in the wilderness around the Prince's fortress, but they give their liege a wide berth. If you found yourself in the fortress, your only course of action was to approach the Prince. You approached the dread fey lord and attempted to impress him, either through your meek behavior or your defiant demeanor.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Diplomacy, Insight</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Harrowhame - Enslaved" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_849" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This underground fomorian kingdom is built on the slave trade. Its ruler, King Bronnor, is as mad as any fomorian, but he can be negotioned with - occasionally. The lycanthropes of neighboring Brokenstone Vale often serve Bronner as spies and assassins. You were forced to work under the lash of fomorian taskmasters.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Dungeoneering, Nature</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Harrowhame - Sent as an Envoy" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_850" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This underground fomorian kingdom is built on the slave trade. Its ruler, King Bronnor, is as mad as any fomorian, but he can be negotioned with - occasionally. The lycanthropes of neighboring Brokenstone Vale often serve Bronner as spies and assassins. Queen Tiandra or another fey noble sent you as an envoy to King Bronnor - a diplomatic task few would envy.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Diplomacy, Dungeoneering</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Mag Tureah - Traded for Arcanist Slave" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_851" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The largest of the fomorian realms, Mag Tureah is ruled by King Thrumbolg, the First Lord. Although the military stronghold raids and pillages competently, the biggest challenge for Thrumbolg is mapping and testing the many planar portals found throughout the tunnels of his underground kingdom. To this end, he employs slaves in his portal tests and is always looking for more subjects with arcane knowledge. Since you lacked the appropriate arcane expertise, you were herded alongside other slaves to be traded to another realm.</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Mag Tureah - Used as a Test Subject" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_852" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The largest of the fomorian realms, Mag Tureah is ruled by King Thrumbolg, the First Lord. Although the military stronghold raids and pillages competently, the biggest challenge for Thrumbolg is mapping and testing the many planar portals found throughout the tunnels of his underground kingdom. To this end, he employs slaves in his portal tests and is always looking for more subjects with arcane knowledge. You were forced to brave the tunnels of Mag Tureah in an attempt to analyze the portals scattered about the realm.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Arcana, Religion</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Nachtur - Served as a Mercenary" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_853" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This goblin kingdom, under the rule of the hobgoblin wizard Great Gark, is one of the more civilized of its kind. The underground realm engages in diplomatic matters with many lands, and its goblin mercenaries serve anyone who meets their price. Through sheer force of arms, you earned a place alongside the goblin mercenaries, hoping to stay alive until you found a way to escape.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Athletics, Intimidate</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_BACKGROUND_ASSOCIATION_GOBLIN" type="Background Association" />
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Nachtur - Toiled as a Slave" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_854" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">This goblin kingdom, under the rule of the hobgoblin wizard Great Gark, is one of the more civilized of its kind. The underground realm engages in diplomatic matters with many lands, and its goblin mercenaries serve anyone who meets their price. You worked in the farms of Nachtur, raising crops and cattle to feed the goblin armies. One day, you escaped.</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Vor Thomil - Entertained the Queen" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_855" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The nearest fomorian kingdom to Shinaelestra, Vor Thomil endures at the whim of its mad Queen Connomae. Captured travelers are forced to perform for her entertainment as poets, singers, actors or gladiators. With a desperate performance, you earned the goodwill of the mad queen, and she decreed your freedom.</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Vor Thomil - Escaped" type="Background" internal-id="ID_FMP_BACKGROUND_856" source="Heroes of the Feywild" revision-date="1/3/2012 12:08:36 AM">
    <specific name="Type" />
    <specific name="Common Knowledge">The nearest fomorian kingdom to Shinaelestra, Vor Thomil endures at the whim of its mad Queen Connomae. Captured travelers are forced to perform for her entertainment as poets, singers, actors or gladiators. Fighting your way past guards and beasts, you managed to escape from the fomorian kingdom.</specific>
    <specific name="Associated Skills">Dungeoneering, Stealth</specific>
    <rules>
    </rules>
  </RulesElement>

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 3, 2012

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Undrhil posted:

I suppose the feat could be written to look and see if you have certain at-will powers, but as soon as you use the feat to swap that at-will out, your character will be marked as "houseruled" since you would no longer qualify for the feat (since you no longer have one of those ranger at-will attack powers.)
Could you not add the "or archery mastery feat" to the pre-reqs? So if you have an at-will you can take the frat and lose the at-will, then you get to keep the feat because you have the feat-based pre-req.

MMAgCh posted:

I came up with a fix for this some time ago that I've since been using on my end. Instead of granting ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASRACE_ELF, the racial trait instead grants a "QualifiesForElfRace" category (replace with human etc. as appropriate, obviously) which must be added as an additional prerequisite to every feat the half-elf is supposed to qualify for through Dual Heritage. (E.g., the internal prerequisite for Light Step has to read "Elf or QualifiesForElfFeats".)
Wouldn't it be easier to just add "or half-elf" to the pre-reqs for all Elf feats? Same for Human feats?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Splicer posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to just add "or half-elf" to the pre-reqs for all Elf feats? Same for Human feats?
There is the revenant to consider, so it'd be both only marginally easier and not actually work the way it should.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Jack the Lad posted:

The Google project's been removed, and the site's 404-ing.
The DMCA page still hasn't updated or anything, though.
Anyone have any info?
The CBLoader authors do not actually post here. Therefore anything you read here is second hand information or farther removed. The web site isn't actually giving out a 404 Not Found error message. Instead I am seeing a "Project Taken Down" page with a reference to this page: http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=162429.

As of today, the 3rd of January, there isn't really anything at that link yet. Just a message that are still processing the information. We should all just wait until more information is available. Asking about this in this thread isn't really going to get you any information. Keep an eye out on these links:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/
http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=162429

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Splicer posted:

Could you not add the "or archery mastery feat" to the pre-reqs? So if you have an at-will you can take the frat and lose the at-will, then you get to keep the feat because you have the feat-based pre-req.

Does the character builder check for a feat being selected in order to make sure you don't select a feat twice (unless it's one that you are allowed to select twice?)

I was thinking that you could just flag the three archery mastery at-wills the same as the standard ranger at-wills, so even when you power swap to get one of them, the PC will still qualify for the feat and not be house-ruled. Is there a way to do this without opening up the possibility of power poaching those archery mastery at-wills with Dilettante or the human bonus at-will?

EDIT: Oh wow. I joined up to this site on Christmas Eve, 2010. I didn't realize that... it's been so long ago now. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

scpredmage posted:

Most of our attention seems to be focused more on published material; I know I, for one, don't usually go looking for homebrew classes.

Implementing an entire classes isn't really difficult; mostly it just the tedium of typing in all the powers. Psionic augmentation classes are even worse, because you have to enter each augmentable power FOUR TIMES (once for the base power, once at augment 0/1/2).

Yeah. Pain in the arse.

That being said, here's the core of the Soulknife class. With the exception of Shape Mind Weapon, NO POWERS HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED. For that matter, neither have any of the feats, paragon paths, epic destiny, or the hybrid version. That, and you probably won't want the source listed as "Teh Intarwebs" in the final version...

Anyways, I did some basic testing of the class, giving it access to Ardent powers strictly for testing reasons. The version here does NOT have said access, though. The Mind Weapon features add the appropriate damage bonus to ALL weapon attacks (did this under the assumption that any weapon the user adds is a placeholder for their mind weapon), but do not mark powers with the fact that this damage is typed, and Psychometabolism allows Strength or Dexterity for basic attacks (although this probably makes it so you can use Strength for ranged basic attacks with light thrown weapons, which it's not supposed to).

Obviously, this doesn't exactly make the class USABLE, without having any powers available. If you want to give the class access to Ardent powers to test how the LCB handles the class, just insert this line into the rules section of ID_INTERNAL_GRANTS_SOULKNIFE:
code:
<textstring name="PowersAsClass" value="ID_FMP_CLASS_529" />
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49758175/soulknife.zip

Wow, nice work. It looks pretty good so far. I tried it out with the ardent powers and it seems to work properly. I took a look at the what powers are built and I see what you mean about it being tedious. I didn't quite realize what I was asking for.

I'm more than willing to pay someone who knows what they're doing for their time and up that bounty to something more significant. I was thinking something like an Amazon gift cert or just straight PayPal, if you or anyone else is interested in putting in the effort.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

Does the character builder check for a feat being selected in order to make sure you don't select a feat twice (unless it's one that you are allowed to select twice?)
Actually, it won't let you take ANY feat more than once. Feats that you CAN take more than once are put in as multiple, separate feats. For example, if you look in 09-feats.part, you'll find:

Versatile Expertise
Versatile Expertise II
Versatile Expertise III
Versatile Expertise IV
Versatile Expertise V
Versatile Expertise VI

All six exist as completely independent feats, although the prereqs DO include the previous feat in the series, so you can't, for example, take "Versatile Expertise II" before "Versatile Expertise".

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bug Report: the Infernal Prince theme from Dragon 406 doesn't seem to be adding the +1 power bonus to fire attack rolls, either in the calculations or listed as a conditional bonus.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
Has anyone got the code to allow the Cleric MC feat Divine healer's healers lore to be swapped for Battle Cleric Lore?

As it seems that this is the RAW rules used at our local LFR group.
thanks

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

8w-gremlin posted:

Has anyone got the code to allow the Cleric MC feat Divine healer's healers lore to be swapped for Battle Cleric Lore?

As it seems that this is the RAW rules used at our local LFR group.
thanks

I did write some code along those lines but you have to keep in mind a few things:
1. It isn't rules as written.
2. WotC doesn't allow it.
3. You need your DM's permission to do it.

If you and your DM are OK with you taking one feat and getting the benefits of four separate feats then download this:

Homebrew Feat Download:
Divine Battle Healer

Notice: This house-ruled feat is pretty over-powered since for the cost of one slot you are getting the heal skill, Cleric multiclass and implements, Scale Armor proficiency, and an additional +2 shield bonus to armor class. It also bypasses the Scale Armor requirements of Strength 13 and Constitution 13. So make sure you get your Dungeon Master's permission to take it because many will not allow it. Your DM will need the part file installed as well.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Echophonic posted:

I'm more than willing to pay someone who knows what they're doing for their time and up that bounty to something more significant. I was thinking something like an Amazon gift cert or just straight PayPal, if you or anyone else is interested in putting in the effort.

I just thought I'd flag this out to hopefully get a response, since it was kind of incidental to the post it was in. I was thinking something like 30 to 40 bucks for the job, more if it takes longer/is more effort than I'm estimating. If this feels low, let me know. I'm pretty flexible and realize I'm asking for some tedious work in a niche skillset.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Minor typo:
The Belt of Dwarvenkind says "ma8ical" in the description instead of "magical."

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
Q1) Is there a IRC/freenode channel that people are using....

Q2) I could do with some help on how to write a rule that says, you can never select 'eldritch strike', any thoughts on this?

cheers

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

8w-gremlin posted:

Q1) Is there a IRC/freenode channel that people are using....

Q2) I could do with some help on how to write a rule that says, you can never select 'eldritch strike', any thoughts on this?

cheers

A1) Not to the best of my knowledge. We just have the dudes email.
A2) You can either create a custom Campaign (off of the manage tab, click Campaign Settings, then click restrictions-->PH Heroes: Series 1-->Power-->Eldritch Strike). Make sure that the check box for eldritch strike is clear, and volia, no eldritch strike in your game. Then click "Save Campaign" and distribute the file to your players, and get them to "Load Campaign" before creating their characters.

OR

As the DM, tell your player(s) not to take the power in question.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

A1) Not to the best of my knowledge. We just have the dudes email.
A2) You can either create a custom Campaign (off of the manage tab, click Campaign Settings, then click restrictions-->PH Heroes: Series 1-->Power-->Eldritch Strike). Make sure that the check box for eldritch strike is clear, and volia, no eldritch strike in your game. Then click "Save Campaign" and distribute the file to your players, and get them to "Load Campaign" before creating their characters.

OR

As the DM, tell your player(s) not to take the power in question.

So no way to take it out prgrammatically, I can forsee this as being a problem...

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

8w-gremlin posted:

Sure. You can do this pretty easy.

If your intention is to just make the power unselectable then add this to your custom part file:

<AppendNodes name="Eldritch Strike" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_7402" source="PH Heroes: Series 1" revision-date="8/27/2010 11:45:32 AM">
<Prereqs> Unselectable </Prereqs>
</AppendNodes>

If your intention is to completely remove Eldritch Strike then add this to your custom part file:

<RulesElement name="Eldritch Strike" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_7402" source="PH Heroes: Series 1">
<specific name="InternalOnly"> 1 </specific>
</RulesElement>

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Well, if you didn't see it on the other thread, or anywhere else, 5e is now on the horizon:

http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ll/20120109

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Well, if you didn't see it on the other thread, or anywhere else, 5e is now on the horizon:
http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ll/20120109
I read it today in the Times. It is a pretty pro-WotC/Hasbro article.

It pretty much confirms the death of the online builder as well. With the current Silverlight issues (the online builder is not compatible with Silverlight 5) and with them going to a new edition shortly it means the whole thing is very likely to be dumped sooner or later. If they go with a new online builder for 5E I have to believe they would start over and probably use Java instead. I am not a big fan of Java but it is cross-platform and still being developed. Silverlight 5 is the twilight release of that format and Microsoft is supposed to be refocusing on HTML5 compatible technologies instead.

There are several D&D 4E releases on the schedule for 2012. They likely will come out but we can't be certain as they cancelled a ton of stuff (even after advertising it) a year ago.

It is sad to me since I have in the last two years fully embraced fourth edition. Sure, it has some problems, but it is pretty solid and the most like First Edition yet (on the DM side of things). The whole thing could be lip-service too and we may just see "Essentials II" come out. It is really hard to predict since the folks "in charge" of D&D change constantly. A bunch of the longest and most senior D&D employees were just fired again at the annual Christmas layoff.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Greyhawk Fan posted:

I read it today in the Times. It is a pretty pro-WotC/Hasbro article.

It pretty much confirms the death of the online builder as well. With the current Silverlight issues (the online builder is not compatible with Silverlight 5) and with them going to a new edition shortly it means the whole thing is very likely to be dumped sooner or later. If they go with a new online builder for 5E I have to believe they would start over and probably use Java instead. I am not a big fan of Java but it is cross-platform and still being developed. Silverlight 5 is the twilight release of that format and Microsoft is supposed to be refocusing on HTML5 compatible technologies instead.

There are several D&D 4E releases on the schedule for 2012. They likely will come out but we can't be certain as they cancelled a ton of stuff (even after advertising it) a year ago.

It is sad to me since I have in the last two years fully embraced fourth edition. Sure, it has some problems, but it is pretty solid and the most like First Edition yet (on the DM side of things). The whole thing could be lip-service too and we may just see "Essentials II" come out. It is really hard to predict since the folks "in charge" of D&D change constantly. A bunch of the longest and most senior D&D employees were just fired again at the annual Christmas layoff.

I also really like 4e - having played a tiny bit of AD&D, 2nd ed, 3rd ed, 4th is the edition I've played the most of, and I do really like how it's put together.

Anyway, with 5e coming up, our quest is almost at an end. I doubt their ever going to release a non-online builder after they've seen what happens to it after they stop supporting it.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Well, thank God for this thread and the guys who made it so we can at least keep making characters if they turn out the lights on the Online builder as well.

Content: Disgraced Noble starting feature "Kick 'Em in the Nads Dirty Deed" isn't showing correct attack numbers. My level 11 vamp hybrid with a 22 dex is only getting +8 to hit instead of +14.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

I also really like 4e - having played a tiny bit of AD&D, 2nd ed, 3rd ed, 4th is the edition I've played the most of, and I do really like how it's put together.
I played a lot longer with older style AD&D (1E, 2E, and the two mixed). My favorite time to be a D&D player to date was the launch of Third Edition. 3E was the most fun to play for me. It was well supported by WotC. They were actually friendly and helpful to players then. They really seemed to care then. It was the best era of D&D and likely never to be seen again. The economy was also good during those years and that did help. I liked the improvements with v3.5 (even the ones that nerfed my characters). The sad thing with v3.5 is that the Book Bloat from Second Edition was back. Suddenly there was too many manuals again.

I didn't start playing 4E until the Player's Handbook II came out for it. It seemed like a good time to start with the missing classes and races finally out. I didn't care much for some of the mass changes in fluff design (like Demons now being elementals, the complete lack of alignment in the game) but the rules were pretty solid. And the more I played with them the more I realized they are probably the most balanced and best rules of D&D ever. So while I would never have done some of things they did do--a lot of it worked out for the better. And Book Bloat is still at a minimum in 4E and I am thankful for that. So for me and especially as a DM I would say 4E was the best rules so far but not the best overall D&D experience.

edit:

navyjack posted:

Content: Disgraced Noble starting feature "Kick 'Em in the Nads Dirty Deed" isn't showing correct attack numbers. My level 11 vamp hybrid with a 22 dex is only getting +8 to hit instead of +14.

I will see if I can fix it. I think it is that highest ability nonsense. :)

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 10, 2012

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Java has been around for a long time, is always evolving is in everything from your washing machine to the orbital mind conrol lasers.

its very well supported and is more robust that silverlight/flash etc
it can use HTML5 and CSS3 easily...

it would actually be a decent move for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
in other notes does anyone know how i can do the following...
add a burrow speed equal to your speed
add tremorsense 1 your vision types

• Locked thread