Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Black Noise posted:

Pardon this educational tweet but I have been seeing this show up repeatedly why are placeholder unicode symbols showing up in peoples tweets and what do I have to do to make them display properly
http://i.imgur.com/OFEkU.jpg
Play with your browser's character encoding to find one that will display the characters correctly. Try unicode if you have Western active, Western or Japanese if Unicode is active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Black Noise posted:

Pardon this educational tweet but I have been seeing this show up repeatedly why are placeholder unicode symbols showing up in peoples tweets and what do I have to do to make them display properly

Think of that problem not as something wrong with your browser, but God censoring idiot friends for you. Anytime that happens to me, I quietly say thanks and don't waste my time trying to read the crap. Whoever keeps the character encoding autodetection function in Firefox from working properly is truly doing holy work.

usually
Sep 9, 2004

e

usually fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 5, 2012

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

DVD Drive posted:

Jeans are stiff and they get really loving cold in the winter.

Mine aren't stiff and you do understand that long underwear is a thing right?

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
What do you wear, sweatpants? Slacks/trousers/whatever are "colder" than jeans so what else is there? Also buy some jeans that aren't $11 at the Wal-Mart and they aren't that stiff.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

reflir posted:

What is hamburger helper? How does it help hamburgers? Why do hamburgers need help? Does it help hamburger, the meat, or hamburger, the sandwich? Is it like a condiment? Does it come in bottles, jars, or boxes?

This is a serious question. I am not from the US so my only exposure to hamburger helper has been through punchlines and e/n threads.

It's basically a mix that you add meat to for a whole meal. The "hamburger" refers to ground beef, not to an actual hamburger patty or sandwich. So while you might get ground beef for cheap, and this for cheap, and make a tasty, affordable meal out of it. For a couple of bucks you can take plain ground beef and plump it up into more servings, and tasting of more than, well, ground beef.

For example, the image on Wikipedia is of "Cheeseburger Macaroni" Hamburger Helper. I'm guessing this includes the uncooked pasta, and a packet with powdered cheese/spices/flavors/etc. First you brown the ground beef in a skillet, then you stir in the ingredients plus whatever additional ingredients it asks for (sometimes hot water and milk). Stir them all together, heat to boiling, reduce to simmer, cover, and a few minutes later you have a tasty meal.

It comes in a box, as it's usually just uncooked pasta, a flavor packet, and directions.

http://52statesin8months.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/american-cooking/ has pictures.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Tell me a few things about moving out of my parents house and into my own apartment, guys. I'm 24 years old and plan on moving after vacation in a couple of weeks and I don't know what to expect completely. I'm going to be cooking for myself for the first time!! Doing my laundry all by myself! Being in an empty place, except for me! Unless I share an apt with someone else, I haven't figured it out yet. It'll be a big change from this place, with five other people.

I'm just looking for general tips that you might not think of and have to find out the hard way.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bobula posted:

I'm just looking for general tips that you might not think of and have to find out the hard way.
I just moved half a year ago, and here's some of the basic stuff I had to consider when moving or discovered after living alone:

- Living alone can produce a surprising amount of trash, especially if you buy a lot of packaged items/food. Buy a lot of trash bags.

- Food costs add up quickly. Budget more than you think you'll need for food. Cooking for one is difficult, and can be expensive: try and find recipes that produce good leftovers, or can be cooked in small portions. If you can't cook, learn at least a few basic recipes and kitchen skills. Keep ingredients, especially fresh fruit and vegetables, on hand. You'll save money and feel better if you're not eating fast food all the time.

- If you can afford it, get renter's insurance. If you have a car, talk to your car insurance company. If you're worried about theft or fire when living alone, this can help a lot.

- You can get tax forms at the public library, the post office, and other government offices. Doing your own taxes is generally pretty easy if you're single, unless you're working for yourself or in another weird financial situation: you'll need a 1040 E-Z and your W-2 form from your employer, minimum. There's some good online tax preparation software. Check the IRS website.

- Most health insurers in the U.S. now will allow you to stay on your parents' health insurance until you're 26. Take advantage of this: get regular checkups and see the dentist. Getting sick is really, really expensive.

- When looking for an apartment, some basic things to check: No obvious fire, smoke, or water damage, no exposed wiring, the lights work, the electrical outlets work, you have hot and cold water to the kitchen and bathroom, major appliances like the shower, toilet, oven, and refrigerator all work. Make sure your door locks. You can survive without AC, but not without heat, so if you don't have a working heat source then you'll want to invest in a space heater or two. Or better, get an apartment with heating.

- Find out where your hot water heater is located (whether your apartment has its own or you share one with others) and make sure the rental company will pay for repairs or replacement to it. Be sure that this is true for other major appliances that come with the apartment. It should say who's liable in the lease. It will generally take some time to actually get repairs or replacement, so if you notice any problems, report them early.

- Most apartments will cover water and garbage in the rent, but you'll have to pay for your own internet and electricity. Find out what electric company covers your apartment and set up an account with them. Some companies do "comfort billing" or similar, in which you pay an average bill year-round rather than one that fluctuates with use, which is very nice in the winter.

- Find a reputable company to rent from. Some apartment rental companies, especially in college towns, can be very sketchy. Ask around and find out who's good. Make sure you know your rights as a renter, and read the lease. If you're not sure about the legality of a company's actions, contact a lawyer.

- You'll have to give a safety deposit, usually close to the price of a month's rent, when you sign your lease. When you get into your new apartment, get a camera and a notepad and document any problems you find. Keep a copy and give one to your landlord. You'll need to prove that any problems or damage when you leave existed when you got in if you want your deposit back.

- If you're living in an apartment building, your neighbors will probably make noise at times that are inconvenient, such as when you're trying to sleep Invest in earplugs.

- Your apartment may or may not come with a fire extinguisher. Check, and if it doesn't, get one.

- The internet service available to you will depend on your apartment building. Check with the rental company and see what most people use. Most rental companies probably won't let you put up satellites or antennas near your apartment, so your TV and internet will probably be cable or DSL.

- If you can, spend a little more money on higher-quality kitchen supplies and minor appliances. They'll work better and won't have to be replaced as often, and probably be among the most-used items in your apartment. A good microwave is an essential item.

- New furniture is absurdly expensive. You can't afford it. No, trust me. $4000 for a table. Find some good thrift stores, Salvation Armies, Goodwills, etc. near you. Try Craigslist or other online classifieds. Minimum: A bed or futon, a table, some chairs. A couch is recommended if you ever want to entertain.

- Your tap water will be safe, but might taste terrible due to minerals in the water. Get a tap filter or a filter pitcher, they're worth the money.

- Bathroom cleaning supplies: get some. You'll need at least a toilet brush, some toilet bowl cleaner, a spray bottle full of something toxic, and some rags or a scrubbing brush. Left untouched, mildew will grow in any place with water. Hard water stains look bad but are harmless.

- Items to keep stocked all the time: Toilet paper, lightbulbs, trash bags, dish soap, body soap, band-aids, drinking water. Buy more when you run low, not when you run out.

Edit: vv Well, now I feel dumb.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 2, 2012

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

bobula posted:

Tell me a few things about moving out of my parents house and into my own apartment, guys. I'm 24 years old and plan on moving after vacation in a couple of weeks and I don't know what to expect completely. I'm going to be cooking for myself for the first time!! Doing my laundry all by myself! Being in an empty place, except for me! Unless I share an apt with someone else, I haven't figured it out yet. It'll be a big change from this place, with five other people.

There is an A/T thread about moving out of your parents house

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Or just go there ^^

bobula posted:

When you're touring an apartment, keep an eye on the ceiling and under the sinks for water spots, suggesting a leak. Also check the seals around the doors/windows.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FactsAreUseless posted:

- New furniture is absurdly expensive. You can't afford it. No, trust me. $4000 for a table. Find some good thrift stores, Salvation Armies, Goodwills, etc. near you. Try Craigslist or other online classifieds. Minimum: A bed or futon, a table, some chairs. A couch is recommended if you ever want to entertain.

Where are you buying these solid gold tables? Just hit up Ikea, you could furnish a whole apartment or three for that much there.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Woz My Neg rear end posted:

Where are you buying these solid gold tables? Just hit up Ikea, you could furnish a whole apartment or three for that much there.

Their website is super misleading though. I couldn't understand the hype (considering the $2000 couches on their website) until I went to an actual store and saw everything they actually had. 250 tealight candles for three bucks, man. Its like heaven.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010
About how long do you have to drink daily for alcohol withdrawal to become possible? If you haven't built up much of a tolerance, can you still get withdrawal?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Woz My Neg rear end posted:

We don't have Ikea or any sort of discount furniture place around here. Your options are used furniture or fancy-rear end hardwood poo poo that retails for a truly absurd price.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FactsAreUseless posted:

We don't have Ikea or any sort of discount furniture place around here. Your options are used furniture or fancy-rear end hardwood poo poo that retails for a truly absurd price.

Wait, you don't even got Wal-Mart/K-Mart/Target? Not that they sell excellent quality furniture or anything but they do sell furniture, where are you moving anyway? I or someone else could surely find you a place to grab cheap furniture.

SIHappiness
Apr 26, 2008
On the Ikea front: if you're buying flat-pack furniture (the kind that you put together yourself), invest in some wood glue and epoxy/gorilla glue/similar for metal stuff. The stability and durability of flat-pack wood products, especially, can be greatly improved with some strategic dabs of glue.

I've found my success rate with Ikea much better once I started doing this. Assemble your stuff loosely, make sure everything fits right, and then drop some glue in as you're tightening down the bits.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

FactsAreUseless posted:

- Food costs add up quickly. Budget more than you think you'll need for food. Cooking for one is difficult, and can be expensive: try and find recipes that produce good leftovers, or can be cooked in small portions. If you can't cook, learn at least a few basic recipes and kitchen skills. Keep ingredients, especially fresh fruit and vegetables, on hand. You'll save money and feel better if you're not eating fast food all the time.

Crockpots are great if you want a very simple way to cook a lot of food. Just pop some seasoned meat into it in the morning, turn it on, come back home from work or school to a nice meal with left-overs.

I think it also pays to learn your way around a stove and an oven, even if your just cooking for one. In fact I make most of my meals that way and it's just become second nature. It's usually as simple as heating a pan, putting some salt and pepper on some meat, and cooking it.

Selavi
Jan 1, 2010
I recently got a digital converter box for my TV, and it makes an annoying high-pitched noise whenever it is turned off (but not when it's on). Is there anything I can try to do to fix this, or is there a power issue (I tried plugging it into another outlet), or will I just have to get used to it?

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It's usually as simple as heating a pan, putting some salt and pepper on some meat, and cooking it.

Also, throw in some mushrooms and chopped squash (or other vegetables) for something good-tasting and nutritious. Throw it over some pasta or in an omelet if you have leftovers. [Edit]: Also experiment with other spices, maybe starting with garlic or ginger.

Selavi fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 2, 2012

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

bobula posted:

...I haven't figured it out yet. It'll be a big change from this place, with five other people.

Does this mean you are moving in with five other people or you are currently living with five other people?

If you are moving in with that many people (or even one for that matter) agree on rules and responsibilities for anything non-financial (chores, noise, guests, etc) and for anything financial get everything in writing and be ultra-clear about it.

Saeku posted:

About how long do you have to drink daily for alcohol withdrawal to become possible? If you haven't built up much of a tolerance, can you still get withdrawal?

Not a doctor and all that but, it's more of a question of quantity + duration than just duration. A person who drinks a glass of wine a night for 10 years will probably be fine but a person who binges for a few weeks may have pretty severe withdrawal symptoms.

Mononymous
Mar 28, 2009

DVD Drive posted:

What were people wearing when blue jeans became the de-facto "comfortable" pants? Razor blades? Jeans are stiff and they get really loving cold in the winter. They're awful.

Wash your jeans.

The real answer is that they were a fashion item/symbol of youthful rebellion for young people in the 50s/60s/70s and those who grew up wearing them don't know any different. Compare my grandfather (b.1927) who never ever wore jeans, preferring slacks for casual with my father (b.1957) who, apart from work, weddings and funerals, never wears anything else.

It's also notable that jeans started life as work trousers, and were designed for durability, not necessarily comfort. I'd venture that the clown trousers they were wearing in the 40s/50s were much more comfortable.

For the record, I don't find jeans comfortable either and take them off as soon as I'm through the door.

e. for clarity

Mononymous fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 2, 2012

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
Is there any kind of media (film, tv, books, etc...) that document life as a CEO in high detail? Preferably from a variety of industries. I'm not one of those people that blindly say that all CEOs are overpaid, but I know I'm missing some important nuances in their jobs.

Oh, also how he or she got to that position. I guess biographies or autobiographies are good sources as well. I hadn't thought of that originally.

Dudebro fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 3, 2012

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Dudebro posted:

Is there any kind of media (film, tv, books, etc...) that document life as a CEO in high detail? Preferably from a variety of industries. I'm not one of those people that blindly say that all CEOs are overpaid, but I know I'm missing some important nuances in their jobs.

Oh, also how he or she got to that position. I guess biographies or autobiographies are good sources as well. I hadn't thought of that originally.
The biographies and/or wikipedia pages and web searches about these relatively famous CEOs might be of interest to you:

Lee Iacocca of Ford/Chrysler http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Iacocca
Steve Jobs of Apple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
Tom Watson of IBM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Watson
Jack Welch of GE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Welch
Micheal Dell of Dell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Dell
Andrea Jung of Avon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Jung
Lakshimi Mittal of ArcelorMittal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshmi_Mittal
Larry Ellison or Oracle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Ellison

And if that isn't enough just search "CEO biography" or "famous CEO" and read read read.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

SIHappiness posted:

On the Ikea front: if you're buying flat-pack furniture (the kind that you put together yourself), invest in some wood glue and epoxy/gorilla glue/similar for metal stuff. The stability and durability of flat-pack wood products, especially, can be greatly improved with some strategic dabs of glue.

I've found my success rate with Ikea much better once I started doing this. Assemble your stuff loosely, make sure everything fits right, and then drop some glue in as you're tightening down the bits.

My girlfriend owns all this rickety Ikea crap that was assembled by her semi-functional former housemate. Glue (or liquid nails) helps a real lot when you're fixing this stuff later.

I should make it clear that I've got nothing against Ikea, I own a lot of things from there and love them. But if you're an idiot and put their stuff together wrong, you'll bend screws and pins and poo poo and someone vaguely competent will have to fix it, swearing the whole time and demanding you buy them beer.

If your flatpack shelves won't stop rocking even after you remove the hosed screws, glue the pieces, and screw it all back together properly, you can screw in bits of scrap wood behind them as braces (you won't even see them once the shelves are full, and you can always paint or stain them if it bothers you). I'm not a carpenter, or even that handy, but cutting four plywood triangles and screwing them to the back corners of a shelf unit isn't beyond anyone's abilities.

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer
Facebook question (why isn't there a dedicated Facebook thread by the way?):

When I confirm friend requests on Facebook, I sometimes don't want those published on my timeline/other people's newsfeeds. Same when I update some fields in the "about" section of my profile. When I hide those "activities" from my timeline though, people still see them in their news feeds. There was an option to specify what gets published and what doesn't, but I can't find these settings anymore. Is there a way to control this, or did Facebook get rid of that and just publishes everything now?

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

FLX posted:

Facebook question (why isn't there a dedicated Facebook thread by the way?):

When I confirm friend requests on Facebook, I sometimes don't want those published on my timeline/other people's newsfeeds. Same when I update some fields in the "about" section of my profile. When I hide those "activities" from my timeline though, people still see them in their news feeds. There was an option to specify what gets published and what doesn't, but I can't find these settings anymore. Is there a way to control this, or did Facebook get rid of that and just publishes everything now?

I'm not sure there is a way to do it in "normal" facebook but do yourself a favor and install social fixer (previously known as "a better facebook").
You can choose to have your page automatically hide, on your 'recent activity', your choice of:
- Wall posts
- Status comments
- Photo comments
- Link comments
- "Liking" a Page
- Adding a friend
- Relationship changes
- Others

Works with Safari, Chrome, Firefox (or as a greasemonkey script), or Opera.

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
Anyone have a good suggestion for an area rug/floor rug I could put in my new bedroom that has hardwood floors? It's a pretty standard sized bedrom; I'm just used to having carpet and would like to cover a good portion of the floor space. Any suggestions are great although I would love to use Amazon if possible. Thanks!

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

trigonsareNOThomo posted:

Anyone have a good suggestion for an area rug/floor rug I could put in my new bedroom that has hardwood floors? It's a pretty standard sized bedrom; I'm just used to having carpet and would like to cover a good portion of the floor space. Any suggestions are great although I would love to use Amazon if possible. Thanks!
Is this a joke post? You want a recommendation for a rug for a "standard sized bedroom"? Measure your loving room and then search amazon for a rug the size you want and pick a style/design you like. Holy poo poo.

Edit: I feel bad for yelling at you, so I picked this out for you. It's perfect for you, and very standard sized.

randyest fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 3, 2012

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Even if there were such a thing as a "standard bedroom", you would have to figure out how much usable space is left around all the furniture. Go find or buy a measuring tape.

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax

randyest posted:

Is this a joke post? You want a recommendation for a rug for a "standard sized bedroom"? Measure your loving room and then search amazon for a rug the size you want and pick a style/design you like. Holy poo poo.

Hey, chill out. It's a small question deserving of a small answer. If no one wants to respond, that's fine, but try not to be so shocked and appalled about a furniture recommendation request.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Hey, chill out. It's a small question deserving of a small answer. If no one wants to respond, that's fine, but try not to be so shocked and appalled about a furniture recommendation request.
Yes I'm sorry, see my edit to my post. I recommended you a lovely standard-sized piece of rug furniture.

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax

randyest posted:

Edit: I feel bad for yelling at you, so I picked this out for you. It's perfect you, and very standard sized.

Hey thanks man. I'm glad you could let off some steam in the Something Awful dot com stupid/small questions megathread. Hope you accomplish all your goals for 2012.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Yeah, I'm not sure why that guy sperged out on you, but here's the one I have in my room. You didn't give much information on price or size, but that's no reason to be a dick.

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Dynamix-Royalty--124-Inch-Contemporary/dp/B002C0EDYU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325616012&sr=8-2

I like this one because it kind of matches anything. I actually have two.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone know what's the deal with radio DJs in Brasil (and possibly other latin america places) always interrupting the music, seemingly without any regard for rhythm, and saying random crap? Seriously, they cut the music levels for half a second and just say stuff, many times throughout a song. I guess what I'm asking is, what kind of stuff are they saying? My portuguese was fine for conversing when I was there, but I couldn't understand the wacky DJ guys.

randyest may have flown off the ol' handle, but we really can't help you without measurements, and even then, you might as well just find it yourself since it depends on your tastes.

Things to consider are: do you want it fluffy and comfy, but hard to clean? Or tight and hard, but easier? Also consider pre-treatments for stain guarding. Finally, I highly recommend a porous rubber thing underneath it to keep it from slipping. Many rugs may come with this.

If you lack a measuring tape, pace it out in your own feet and measure your foot. Seriously, I do this a lot, and knowing your own foot's length is really handy. Cubit and handspan are useful too.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana

I have found a few that may meet your tastes
http://www.amazon.com/ST-CROIX-TRADING-Shaggy-Leather/dp/B000FN5BEW
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L28NDO/sr=1-48/qid=1325616248/ref=pop?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1325616248&sr=1-48
http://www.amazon.com/Rectangular-C...25616248&sr=1-9
http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Carpets-Marine-Life-multi/dp/B0055OHSRO
http://www.amazon.com/Football-Fun-Area-Rug-Size/dp/B004SZ1HW8/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1325616123&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Carpets-Retro-Bowl/dp/B00500HMEW/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1325616123&sr=1-7
http://www.amazon.com/Just-Kidss-Jungle-Friends-Rectangle/dp/B0041P8ROG/ref=sr_1_9?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1325616123&sr=1-9
http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Carpets-People-Collection-Dinosaurs/dp/B0009ZCZ2C/ref=sr_1_27?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1325616473&sr=1-2

I would seriously buy some of those. Because my son is 2 and he would love them. Really though, you would be better off just browsing amazon rugs because noone here knows your personal taste and you didn't provide any useful guidance other than room+amazon (though the dinosaur one is very tempting, who can resist cute dino's?)

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'm looking for data on planets, both our solar system and others: coordinates, sizes, orbits, moons, etc. Things that would be necessary for recreating an animated model. Is going to each planet's wiki page my only hope or is there a more, uh, 'concise' set of data?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Hey thanks man. I'm glad you could let off some steam in the Something Awful dot com stupid/small questions megathread. Hope you accomplish all your goals for 2012.
I am honestly and sincerely sorry for my unwarranted response. This is the stupid/small question thread after all, as you correctly pointed out. Please accept my apology and best wishes in your rug buying endeavors.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Manslaughter posted:

I'm looking for data on planets, both our solar system and others: coordinates, sizes, orbits, moons, etc. Things that would be necessary for recreating an animated model. Is going to each planet's wiki page my only hope or is there a more, uh, 'concise' set of data?

http://www.windows2universe.org/our_solar_system/planets_table.html

http://nineplanets.org/data.html

john mayer
Jan 18, 2011

alnilam posted:

Does anyone know what's the deal with radio DJs in Brasil (and possibly other latin america places) always interrupting the music, seemingly without any regard for rhythm, and saying random crap? Seriously, they cut the music levels for half a second and just say stuff, many times throughout a song. I guess what I'm asking is, what kind of stuff are they saying? My portuguese was fine for conversing when I was there, but I couldn't understand the wacky DJ guys.

I've never heard this before on a brazilian station, but if you can find an example I'll tell you what they're saying. I know sometimes when I'm listening to mexican radio and it's some ~zany~ dj's show, they'll cut into it to say stupid stuff about contests or comment on how awesome the music is. That's hardly ever though.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

What's the best ipad word processing app that can read microsoft office files? And preferably save them as such also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

alnilam posted:

I don't really have an answer for this, but they do it on TV as well. I've watched a few clips from the Argentinian version of Dancing with the Stars, and the host guy wouldn't shut the hell up the whole time they were "dancing".