Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

SpookyTurtle posted:

My 4G made the leap from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 with baseband preserved via custom ISPW, so all is good. Sadly, I can't seem to find the Clock Hide plugin for LockInfo - does anyone know a live repo or alternative method?
Your what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Your what?
Fourth-gen ipod touch, obviously. Not sure how it has a baseband but who am I to question anyone?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

SpookyTurtle posted:

My 4G made the leap from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 with baseband preserved via custom ISPW, so all is good. Sadly, I can't seem to find the Clock Hide plugin for LockInfo - does anyone know a live repo or alternative method?
LockInfo>Lockscreen>Layout>HideLockClock?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

randyest posted:

Fourth-gen ipod touch, obviously. Not sure how it has a baseband but who am I to question anyone?

Why did you need to preserve the baseband on an iPod Touch?

\/\/\/\/\/

Oh right, sorry.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 3, 2012

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

jojoinnit posted:

Why did you need to preserve the baseband on an iPod Touch?
I was kidding and it's not my "4G"

bonj
Jul 15, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Anyone used Spire? Thinking about jail breaking just for it, but wondering if it's even possible to find a good host...is it even right to talk about it here?

I tried it just for kicks. It works, but it breaks every 3rd party app (crash on startup) and uninstalling it caused my iPhone4 to no longer boot, and I had to restore it in DFU mode.

It's a bad idea anyway due to privacy concerns, as mentioned before, but if you don't care about that, at least wait for a stable version to come out that doesn't conflict with everything.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

bonj posted:

I tried it just for kicks. It works, but it breaks every 3rd party app (crash on startup) and uninstalling it caused my iPhone4 to no longer boot, and I had to restore it in DFU mode.

It's a bad idea anyway due to privacy concerns, as mentioned before, but if you don't care about that, at least wait for a stable version to come out that doesn't conflict with everything.

:confused:

I posted not even two pages ago a great link to get everything set up. It does not conflict with any other 3rd party apps and is completely stable. It literally pulls a copy of siri off of apple's servers and install on your phone as it normally would work. The only thing spire does is tell Siri what server to go through instead of going directly to guzzoni.

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!

Nill posted:

LockInfo>Lockscreen>Layout>HideLockClock?
Presto, thanks very much.

FLOOR
Jan 27, 2003

Guess where this lollipop's going?
So I just updated my iPhone 4 to 5.0.1 from a clean, un-jailbroken 5.0.0 via iTunes. Then I used redsn0w to jailbreak, which it said it did so successfully; it said that the rest of the process would continue on my phone. Well, the thing is, I don't think it really did. Cydia isn't installed, and I've tried rebooting my phone, but there's no indication of the phone actually being jailbroken. I tried running redsn0w again, but it freezes after the 'exploiting via l1mer41n' or whatever.

Has anyone else run into the same issue?

The phone boots up fine and everything, it just doesn't get exploited like I want it to.

NVRMIND -- my usb cord is janky and I think it slipped out in mid jailbreak-coitus; re-loving made it fine

FLOOR fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 3, 2012

Anmitzcuaca
Nov 23, 2005

Revol posted:

Are there any tweaks out there to Apple's Reminders system? I'm looking for the ability to have all active reminders always stay visible on the lock screen, so I'll always have that reminder visible, not just when it's 'due'.

I'd like this too, did you find anything?

bonj
Jul 15, 2001

Revenant.Eagle posted:

:confused:

I posted not even two pages ago a great link to get everything set up. It does not conflict with any other 3rd party apps and is completely stable. It literally pulls a copy of siri off of apple's servers and install on your phone as it normally would work. The only thing spire does is tell Siri what server to go through instead of going directly to guzzoni.
Try installing a new app or something. I can say for sure that this apartments app doesn't work: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apartments/id292234839?mt=8 nor does Waze if installed after Spire, though it'll eventually break even if installed beforehand. I was jumping to conclusions when I said it breaks every 3rd part app, but every one I tried after installing Spire/Siri was broken.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

randyest posted:

Is there a purpose to installous other than piracy? I'm genuinely curious.
Stuff that's since been removed from the app store like the VLC app.

e: wow I probably should've kept reading a bit before responding :v:

Jetsetlemming fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 3, 2012

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Bucket Joneses posted:

I got the VLC app from Cydia :confused:

The VLC app used to be on the itunes store something like a year ago. I still have it on my iphone because it got it before it was taken down.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Frinkahedron posted:

The VLC app used to be on the itunes store something like a year ago. I still have it on my iphone because it got it before it was taken down.

I think his point was he didn't need Installous for it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I didn't even know the VLC app was on Cydia. I don't really check the Cydia apps anymore except for the big ones that everyone talks about and recommends. It's a bit like the late 90s Windows software market online with a million piles of shoddy crap coded by people just messing about.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

randyest posted:

Is there a purpose to installous other than piracy? I'm genuinely curious.

The repo (hackulo.us) is mostly for piracy, but it does have possibly legitimate tools on it, such as AppSync. That can be used to get iTunes to sync non-Apple or "not correctly made" apps to your device. I've used AppSync in the past to push my own apps (that I built with Xcode) to my iPhone. (AppSync may not be needed, or may be available from other sources. I used it because the development guide I was following recommended it as being the easiest way to get your own software loaded on your iOS device.)

But as far as I know, Installous is 99.99% for :filez:
Its only function and purpose is for installing cracked/copied apps from the Apple's App Store. I know on Jailbreak QA, any question regarding Installous will be immediately closed for being piracy-related.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

I've used it to get a previous version of stuff when the newer version was broken or had features taken away.

mewse
May 2, 2006

appsync, the component of installous that disables signature checks, is required for iphone homebrew without a $99 developer license

e: but yeah 99.9% used for piracy obv

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Thanks everyone. That's actually very useful info as I just got osx lion working in vmware on my win7 box and have resumed dicking around with Xcode. Nice to know I can put poo poo on my phones and pads for testing without paying the $99.

mewse
May 2, 2006

randyest posted:

Thanks everyone. That's actually very useful info as I just got osx lion working in vmware on my win7 box and have resumed dicking around with Xcode. Nice to know I can put poo poo on my phones and pads for testing without paying the $99.

here's the page that i know of that details how to get it going. i haven't actually gone through the steps myself but it looks comprehensive. no version for ios5 yet afaik

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
Anyone know how to add SBSettings toggles to iScheduler? I want to schedule PersonalHotspot and WifiSMS toggles, but they're not in the list of toggles within iScheduler. Google has been no help.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

mewse posted:

here's the page that i know of that details how to get it going. i haven't actually gone through the steps myself but it looks comprehensive. no version for ios5 yet afaik
Oh that's unfortunate :( my phones are all on 5.x. My pads are 4.3.3 though, so I guess I can test there.

Is there a pad2 4.3.3 app to enable to "official" multitasking gestures? I got some cydia gesticutasking app that adds task switching to activator, but it sucks. I want the real 4/5 finger swipes. Is the an app for that?

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Who's excited?

pod2g pod2g
I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week.
2 hours ago

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

dutchbstrd posted:

Who's excited?

pod2g pod2g
I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week.
2 hours ago

Ooh, I am! I keep hearing stuff like this, though, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

edit: VVV Oh, that's good! Hopes rising!

Chinook fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 3, 2012

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Well he did just jailbreak the A4 so I would believe him more than anyone else...

mewse
May 2, 2006

dutchbstrd posted:

Who's excited?

pod2g pod2g
2 hours ago

me, i am, as well

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
WOOP WOOP!

Hooray for that possibility!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I am trying to jailbreak my sister's iphone 3G with 4.2.1 firmware. I downloaded the appropriate .ipsw file (iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore) and run redsn0w, select the ipsw, and try to jailbreak it. It gets to the part where it tells me to put the phone into DFU mode, I do, and then it crashes. Does anyone know what's going wrong and/or how to fix it?

edit: Sorry for all the probably stupid questions, my family all decided they wanted their devices jailbroken and since everyone has different versions I ran into a bunch of issues trying to do everything the same way I had done my own. For anyone having this same problem, I had to download an older version of redsn0w to do it.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 4, 2012

SENORsankyPANKY
Nov 27, 2007
Dear lord I hope pod2g gets some inspiration. I don't want a "worthless" iPad 2 if they move on to the iPad 3 when that comes out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SENORsankyPANKY posted:

Dear lord I hope pod2g gets some inspiration. I don't want a "worthless" iPad 2 if they move on to the iPad 3 when that comes out.

Would that matter? I mean, presumably they'll both run the same firmware at some point.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

There's talk the iPad 3 would use an A6 chip, so it'd need its own jailbreak vulnerabilities to be discovered. That's obviously conjecture at this point.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

SENORsankyPANKY posted:

Donate some money? I gave him 10 euros. Money tends to inspire.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

bonj posted:

Try installing a new app or something. I can say for sure that this apartments app doesn't work: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apartments/id292234839?mt=8 nor does Waze if installed after Spire, though it'll eventually break even if installed beforehand. I was jumping to conclusions when I said it breaks every 3rd part app, but every one I tried after installing Spire/Siri was broken.

I just installed that exact apartments app that you linked. No issues, loads fine. I'm thinking that you have something else that was causing your issues.

bonj
Jul 15, 2001

Revenant.Eagle posted:

I just installed that exact apartments app that you linked. No issues, loads fine. I'm thinking that you have something else that was causing your issues.

Very strange -- thanks for trying it. There's a few other people reporting the same issue I'm having, and I even tested by doing a full restore, running redsn0w, installing Spire, then installing other apps without doing anything else -- none of the 3rd party apps worked.

See:
http://jailbreakqa.com/questions/82450/app-store-apps-crashing-after-installing-spire
http://jailbreakqa.com/questions/81680/appstore-apps-crashes-after-installing-spire
http://jailbreakqa.com/questions/81748/spire-siri-app-crashs-other-app-store-apps-eg-facebook-twitter
http://xsellize.com/topic/174419-spire-causing-iteleport-to-crash/
http://www.spiritjb.org/forum/fix-appstore-apps-crashes-after-installing-spire/

Obviously the fix in the last link doesn't work. Anyway, something's clearly wrong and hopefully it gets sorted, though I can certainly live without Siri if not.

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?
When anyone else opens Cydia, does it take forever to refresh the sources? It takes me a good minute or two before I can start browsing after I initially load the app.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

HorseDickSandwich posted:

When anyone else opens Cydia, does it take forever to refresh the sources? It takes me a good minute or two before I can start browsing after I initially load the app.

Yes, and it takes just as long on my mother's iPhone 4 and my sister's iPhone 3 as it does on my iPod 4g, so I assume it's normal.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
You can turn off themes and ringtones and all that junk from being loaded when it checks the repositories. I can't remember exactly how since I'm not jailbroken at the moment, but that's something that's most commonly suggested to speed up loading times.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
So if I tried to put my phone into DFU mode but instead it ends up in recovery mode (with the iTunes logo), do I HAVE to restore it before I can try to put it in DFU mode again?

E: Nevermind, rebooting it puts it back into normal mode.

E2: Jailbroked. WEEABOO! WEEABOO! WEEABOO! WEEABOO!

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 5, 2012

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

coldplay chiptunes posted:

You can turn off themes and ringtones and all that junk from being loaded when it checks the repositories. I can't remember exactly how since I'm not jailbroken at the moment, but that's something that's most commonly suggested to speed up loading times.

Was it this?

http://blog.alltechrelated.com/2010/08/16/how-to-speed-up-cydia-loading-changes-by-disabling-themes/

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
edit: I thought you said WHAT is this. Not Was it this.. :)

• Locked thread