Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You will need to have run Deus Ex once first for the folders/files to be there.

This is the step a lot of people overlook. Don't be one of these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is the step a lot of people overlook. Don't be one of these people.
They were never trained in the game's operation.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Biomod includes shifter, so you just drag and drop the shifter file into your Deus Ex directory.

You will need to have run Deus Ex once first for the folders/files to be there.

Ah, thanks. :)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FactsAreUseless posted:

They were never trained in the game's operation.

Laugh it up, Denton.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Grand Fromage posted:

Laugh it up, Denton.

Look at you: You're nothing but a little man... a little man still living inside a body. Lose your body and what are you? Nothing! You vanish! You die.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Derek Dominoe posted:

Look at you: You're nothing but a little man... a little man still living inside a body. Lose your body and what are you? Nothing! You vanish! You die.

I was never properly trained in its operation.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was never properly trained in its operation.
Not advisable for tourists to visit the cana-- wait. That doesn't make any sense.

Serious question: is there a script dump for Deus Ex anywhere? I'm wondering how many easter eggs / missable content would turn up.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

There's one on gamefaqs, but I don't think it completely covers everything.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/250533-deus-ex/faqs/51057

Gunther's post-mission dialogue after freeing and arming him in the statue is missing, at least. Which is a shame, because it's one of my favorites. He actually defends JC's sunglasses to Anna because "That way we can tell it is not Paul."

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

synertia posted:

I know there's been tons of talk about the Wan Chai, Hong Kong music in this thread but gadzooks. Give this a listen.

Thanks for posting this, I had kind of forgotten why this track was so popular in this thread. It really is a pretty sweet song to ring in your new status as a renegade agent.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
So would it be possible to extract Louis Pan's "I can tell them you're a spy, and they will kill you" directly from the games files? I need it for a project

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Little Blue Couch posted:

So would it be possible to extract Louis Pan's "I can tell them you're a spy, and they will kill you" directly from the games files? I need it for a project

You could record this video. He says it there.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
It's in mp3 format inside System\DeusExConAudioHK_Shared.u. You can use e.g. Dragon Unpacker to extract it, but the file contains thousands of mp3s, so I've no idea which one has that particular line.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

It would make for a pretty dope sample in a Propellerheads song. Some kid talking about killing spies...

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Anatharon posted:

You could record this video. He says it there.

It has the music, though. The sample must be pure.

Smol posted:

It's in mp3 format inside System\DeusExConAudioHK_Shared.u. You can use e.g. Dragon Unpacker to extract it, but the file contains thousands of mp3s, so I've no idea which one has that particular line.

There is nothing I won't do.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

You can't post this and not tell us about your project.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Sam. posted:

I have to imagine it's some kind of Banquo's Ghost style spy exposing. Guy goes up to make a speech or something and all of a sudden Louis Pan blares out of the PA on repeat.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3427062&pagenumber=403#post398067297

Couldn't resist. JC Denton = Jedi Consular Denton. Clearly. (although actually that's a knight)

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Since this thread is bumped:

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Sam. posted:

I have this friend who also likes Deus Ex, anyway I think he is a spy and I plan on outing him and well this seemed like a fun way to do it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

CJacobs posted:

It's as finished as it's going to be anyway.

I should mention the updated look also greatly increases the ambiance. When you're in Alex's office for the first time and his little tech tables include moving drone maps of areas and things it gives it much more of a feel of a surveillance office of an International Anti-Terrorist office than its previous spartan appearance.

There's also stuff to look at like a new whiteboard in the conference room with stuff scrawled on it that's also slightly silly such as "What is AMBROSIA!!?" which you'd think wouldn't really be a question being asked in UNATCO HQ.

I should do a video walkthrough of certain areas and what you might see with New Vision and that new model mod, maybe.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I lost my saves from some freak accident. Can someone tell me where I can get saves around the point where you are on the big ship after the military base?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm not 100 percent sure, but GameFAQs probably has some.

If not, I can upload a save later if you'd like.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
You can use the cheat codes to warp to the level, and spawn the gear, skills and augs you want! Look it up at gamefaqs.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

jojoinnit posted:

I should do a video walkthrough of certain areas and what you might see with New Vision and that new model mod, maybe.

I'd be interested to see this.

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm trying to run the Deus Ex Fixer and I keep getting a "dll.engine is missing from your computer" error!

What is a dll.engine and why am I missing it? :psyduck:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm guessing you mean engine.dll. But anyway, you extracted the files to the wrong folder. Extract deusex.exe and the three other files to the Deus Ex\System folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex\System\ if you're using the Steam version).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It comes to mind every time I play Deus Ex that the ship 'Wall Cloud' is more than likely a subtle nod to James Clavell's Asian Saga series.

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme

Opus125 posted:

I'm trying to run the Deus Ex Fixer and I keep getting a "dll.engine is missing from your computer" error!

What is a dll.engine and why am I missing it? :psyduck:

From the download site you got it from (I expect):

http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/ posted:

Make sure you've got the Visual C++ 2010 runtimes (if the application gives an error about 'MSVCRT100.DLL' missing) download here. Note that this 32 bit version is also right for 64 bit operating systems, as the game is a 32 bit executable.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm trying to find a video/screenshot documentation of the no item/aug/skill runthrough someone did with no luck. Any goons happen to know where it is?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Anatharon posted:

I'm trying to find a video/screenshot documentation of the no item/aug/skill runthrough someone did with no luck. Any goons happen to know where it is?

It's all on Youtube, starting here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAVRpvgYVMg

WalterSholomon
Oct 29, 2011

I will not let any wily beasts come near my face.

Farbtoner posted:

This makes so much sense! :psyduck:

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Farbtoner posted:

First aid kits are actually made out of highly concentrated chocolate.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

So what kind of stuff was cut from DX? Have the developers said what they would have added if they'd had more time?

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

So what kind of stuff was cut from DX? Have the developers said what they would have added if they'd had more time?
This article goes through what happened with the development process of Deus Ex. Basically the opposite happened, they had tons of ideas and had to cut down what they were going to do for the game.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3114/postmortem_ion_storms_deus_ex.php

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
This is probably like the 100th time it's been asked, but how does one install Biomod/Shifter on the steam version of DE?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Sorry if I missed this, but the Deus Ex HDTP Project has basically been unofficially abandoned, and New Vision is the new hotness, right?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Sorry if I missed this, but the Deus Ex HDTP Project has basically been unofficially abandoned, and New Vision is the new hotness, right?
I use both.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
Having some trouble getting this to run in 1920x1080 (or any decent 16x9 resolution) I've tried adjusting it to 1600x900 in the game but it either resets to 640x480 or sets the resolution correctly but the screen is off to the right or left by like two inches. Then I tried Deus Exe in the op but that's not helping out either. I've tried running it in admin mode, anyone know what could be wrong?

e- Also tried to use windowed mode but I don't prefer it and the low gamma makes it of unplayable. I can't change the gamma in windowed mode.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Anatharon posted:

This is probably like the 100th time it's been asked, but how does one install Biomod/Shifter on the steam version of DE?

You run the game once so the files are extracted from the GCF then you move the Biomod file to the Deus Ex directory exactly like you do for a normal install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Having some trouble getting this to run in 1920x1080 (or any decent 16x9 resolution) I've tried adjusting it to 1600x900 in the game but it either resets to 640x480 or sets the resolution correctly but the screen is off to the right or left by like two inches. Then I tried Deus Exe in the op but that's not helping out either. I've tried running it in admin mode, anyone know what could be wrong?

e- Also tried to use windowed mode but I don't prefer it and the low gamma makes it of unplayable. I can't change the gamma in windowed mode.

Never run across this. I'd reinstall, make sure you've properly installed the updated exe, change rendering to openGL or Direct3D (depending on which you were using. You should be adjusting the resolution in the exe launcher box before you start the game. Failing all that I'd reinstall.