Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Hey, they finally updated the NFL Mobile app to "Support Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich devices" (of which there is 1 in retail existence), and guess what, it STILL DOESN'T loving WORK! It's some kind of joke they're playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
I wish I could in fact remove that app entirely. It's frozen buy I can't stop seeing it in my app updates

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Hey, they finally updated the NFL Mobile app to "Support Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich devices" (of which there is 1 in retail existence), and guess what, it STILL DOESN'T loving WORK! It's some kind of joke they're playing.
There are two.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
What's the other one, I thought it was just the G-Nex?

\/\/\/\/ Oh, cool. I knew it had been ported but I didn't realize there was an official release.

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 4, 2012

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Splizwarf posted:

The GSM Nexus S officially got ICS.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

To be fair, the NFL app only works on Verizon, so that still narrows it down to just the Nexus in terms of "devices they had to test this app on in order to confirm it works properly."

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Hey, it finally works! Do a force stop, clear your data, uninstall, then reinstall. Great for WC weekend.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Splizwarf posted:

\/\/\/\/ Oh, cool. I knew it had been ported but I didn't realize there was an official release.

They stopped it mid-rollout with no word on when they're starting it up again. Something was hosed with it for some people.

As a CDMA Nexus S user hurry up Google. I'm tired of CM7's quirks.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

What email app are people using? Stock is lacking, Gmail is pathetic.

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cakefool posted:

Gmail.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Cakefool posted:

What's wrong with the gmail app? I think it's pretty great, never had any complaints.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Gmail for email I care about, and I like it.. Touchdown for work email, and I don't like it much. Navigating to/from the homescreen/functions is irritating. Often times it just closes when I hit back, but sometimes it goes back to the first screen. But, the default client doesn't do the encryption thats required.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I have real trouble getting gmail to sync/update, its a proper fight every single time.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Cakefool posted:

I have real trouble getting gmail to sync/update, its a proper fight every single time.

Have you disabled gmail sync in your sync/google settings? It's always been solid for me.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Civil posted:

Have you disabled gmail sync in your sync/google settings? It's always been solid for me.

Same. Over four different phones I've never had issues with Gmail syncing. That's mighty weird.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Cakefool posted:

I use K-9 since it was recommended to me in this thread. I like it a lot, you can actually configure stuff.

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Codiusprime posted:

Same. Over four different phones I've never had issues with Gmail syncing. That's mighty weird.

One more vote for same. I frequently get it on my phone before my desktop pop-up thing shows up on my computer. I also like the new look in ICS.

rearadmiral.rowboat
Apr 11, 2009

And ev'ry last inch of me's covered with HAIR!

IRQ posted:

They stopped it mid-rollout with no word on when they're starting it up again. Something was hosed with it for some people.

As a CDMA Nexus S user hurry up Google. I'm tired of CM7's quirks.

As a CDMA Nexus S user, ICS is pretty darn good!

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies
I'm looking for a good app that just counts my minutes on my phone. I need a way to make sure I don't keep going over each month.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MrHyde posted:

I'm looking for a good app that just counts my minutes on my phone. I need a way to make sure I don't keep going over each month.
Does your carrier not provide an app for this service?

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

LastInLine posted:

Does your carrier not provide an app for this service?

The MyVerizon app is a broken POS.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

MrHyde posted:

The MyVerizon app is a broken POS.

What how? You start it up and it shows you the end of your billing cycle, how many minutes/megabytes/texts you've used and how many you have total. There's even a widget.

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

What how? You start it up and it shows you the end of your billing cycle, how many minutes/megabytes/texts you've used and how many you have total. There's even a widget.

When it even works, it crashes often. Also, since I'm on a shared minutes bucket, in order to find out how many minutes I personally have used I have to click several times down through the menu to get to that data.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
What do I need to restore with titanium backup to get my launcher settings back after a wipe?

It comes back when I restore all system settings, but thats not what I want to do since its still telling me theres a ROM update available after installing that ROM when I do that.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Are there any apps or ways I can download web videos from my nexus browser?

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Cakefool posted:

Any customizations on your phone that could be the culprit? The Gmail app is generally pretty solid.

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

ilkhan posted:

What do I need to restore with titanium backup to get my launcher settings back after a wipe?

It comes back when I restore all system settings, but thats not what I want to do since its still telling me theres a ROM update available after installing that ROM when I do that.

You should have a backup of "Launcher" and if you just restore that and its settings it should do what you want. If you use a third party launcher like LPP, ADW, etc. then you'd want to restore that instead. Also, Android doesn't let you restore widgets for some reason so you'll need to add them back. Other shortcuts and settings should come back in tact though.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Are there any music players that support song ratings? (stars)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

letsgoflyers81 posted:

You should have a backup of "Launcher" and if you just restore that and its settings it should do what you want. If you use a third party launcher like LPP, ADW, etc. then you'd want to restore that instead. Also, Android doesn't let you restore widgets for some reason so you'll need to add them back. Other shortcuts and settings should come back in tact though.
Thanks. I think I'll do another wipe to try and get rid of this drat update thing.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:
I'm sure it's because I'm dumb, but I have a Samsung Infuse 4G (rooted) onto which I'm trying to install the Swype Beta. I froze the original Swype with Titanium Backup and downloaded the beta installer, but after jumping through the hoops and pressing install, I get a "Application not installed" message.

Is there some other package or process I need to kill/freeze before it'll take?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

NM

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Browser Plus was just released. It's the ICS browser with some extra features. Right now it only lets you select the user agent and adds more options to quick controls, but the developer says more features are planned. You must have ICS for this to work.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.beansoft.browserplus

Holy cow. Thanks for this. I'm loving the quick controls.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

A Child's Letter posted:

I'm sure it's because I'm dumb, but I have a Samsung Infuse 4G (rooted) onto which I'm trying to install the Swype Beta. I froze the original Swype with Titanium Backup and downloaded the beta installer, but after jumping through the hoops and pressing install, I get a "Application not installed" message.

Is there some other package or process I need to kill/freeze before it'll take?

Frozen is still installed. Make a backup of Swype then uninstall it.

ManMythLegend posted:

Holy cow. Thanks for this. I'm loving the quick controls.

I loved quick controls on the Honeycomb browser. It's just too bad the rest of the browser was slow and didn't handle Flash well.

A Child's Letter
Feb 21, 2005

"¡No llores! Gracias por esas fotos."
\
:backtowork:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Thanks. Like I said, I am dumb. That -- and a vicious bout of killing everything everywhere I could find the word "swype," then starting over seems to have worked.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Qaz Kwaz posted:

At least that app is decent. The NHL app is still a joke.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

True, but not exactly necessary. I've successfully frozen (with Bloat Freezer) Swype and installed the beta more than a few times. I have learned that I have to restart after freezing, but before installing the beta, or else it'll fail.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

AnimalChin posted:

Are there any music players that support song ratings? (stars)
It's odd to me that the stock one doesn't support thumbs up/down since Google Music does.

Canukian
Dec 13, 2005
I am a displaced Canadian
My G-Nex has reset approx. 3-4 times since I have had it. I am currently blaming it on woofi and have deleted the app. Each time it happened, I had been returning home and my phone resets itself. I have noticed at least this many times and once caught it looping a bit on start up. Lets hope this is remedied with the removal of the app (free version)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is JuiceDefender still the go-to "improve your batterylife" app, or is there a better choice nowadays? Running a Galaxy Nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Is Google music a big pile of crap? I'm really making an effort to use it, but I'm getting a big disparity between what is in my perfect iTunes directory and what gets uploaded.

I even wiped online and started over, but I still get bad meta data that just doesn't exist local. Currently 100% off my stuff is online, and I moved a single album local using the Google music app, and showing only offline stuff gives me a much bigger list then just the one, not to mention I can't find out anywhere in local or internal storage. Moving stuff to a music folder results in duplicate entries

It's getting to be not worth it but I'm really wanting to like the streaming aspect

• Locked thread