Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I hope someone does a jaunty lil Dad song

Not Dad, but definitely jaunty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Midnight Raider posted:

A pretty nice one has already existed for a while, by one of the music team as well, and I think it'd be hard to beat.

http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/track/under-the-hat

What's this a remix of again? It's on the tip of my... ear... drum.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Midnight Raider posted:

A pretty nice one has already existed for a while, by one of the music team as well, and I think it'd be hard to beat.

http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/track/under-the-hat
Still kind of sad that you can't get any Homestuck Gaiden albums anymore,you can stream them and that's it. So if you have any albums on your computer, find a way to keep them because they are irreplaceable. (Unless someone else put them on Mediafire or something)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

graybook posted:

What's this a remix of again? It's on the tip of my... ear... drum.

Trollcops.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
It was made by a few of the music team people, so It doesn't count, but I'd have liked for The Baby is You to have been entered. They should at least acknowledge it by putting it on Homestuck Gaiden.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

psychoticBacofoil posted:

Still kind of sad that you can't get any Homestuck Gaiden albums anymore,you can stream them and that's it. So if you have any albums on your computer, find a way to keep them because they are irreplaceable. (Unless someone else put them on Mediafire or something)

Wait, really? When did this happen? Why?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Since there's a poo poo load of overlap here, Radiation did a couple tracks for I Miss You - EarthBound 2012.

It is wonderful.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psychoticBacofoil posted:

What the heck? Glad I got it when I did.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Trollcops.

It's the other way around, actually.

"Starmaker posted:

Wait, really? When did this happen? Why?

Bandcamp only gives a limited number of free downloads per month.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Walliard posted:

It's the other way around, actually.

Bandcamp only gives a limited number of free downloads per month.

Does that mean they'll be available again in February? I mean, I have them, and I've seen them elsewhere online, so I'm not worried, but just wondering.

e: also, why don't they just sell them? i know plenty of people would probably buy them.

dik-dik fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 5, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I don't remember Tomb of the Ancestors becoming downloadable again any time in December, or any other Gaiden album, for that matter, any month after their respective releases, unless they all reach their download limits the day after they're renewed every month and I just miss it every time.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Hmm, maybe it is a one-time limit then. Either way it ran out. THere are definitely alternate-hosted versions around, though.

As for why they don't sell it, it's a legal thing due to it not being "official" Homestuck music.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Tomb of the Ancestors was pay-what-you-want, though, just with a lower bound of $0.00. Jailbreak Vol. 1 and Homestuck for the Holidays had a price tag too at first, with the profits from Homestuck for the Holidays going toward Child's Play and the profits from Jailbreak going toward the music team (I think?).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Since there's a poo poo load of overlap here, Radiation did a couple tracks for I Miss You - EarthBound 2012.

It is wonderful.
This is really cool! I especially like The Tar Pits.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Somebody needs to do a track for Ms. Paint.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
I need about a million variations on "English." Radiation posted a battle theme he tried, mixing up "English" with "Rex Duodecim Angelus" but I think he either abandoned it or quietly took it back to the drawing board.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Walliard posted:

Hmm, maybe it is a one-time limit then. Either way it ran out. THere are definitely alternate-hosted versions around, though.

As for why they don't sell it, it's a legal thing due to it not being "official" Homestuck music.

Well drat. I don't think it would be hard to find them elsewhere. The community is huge.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Hum-
I've got all of them on my pc as .flac (Except for Homestuck for the Holidays, which is in .mp3 ) It'll take a while to upload, but just to make sure:

None of the albums are buyable or downloadable anymore, so it's not :filez:, right?

e: if so, then just say the word, and this'll be gone.
e2: Double checked, Tomb of the Ancestors is buyable/downloadable, so I won't upload that.
e:3
:smith:

SubNat fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 5, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SubNat posted:

Hum-
I've got all of them on my pc as .flac (Except for Homestuck for the Holidays, which is in .mp3 ) It'll take a while to upload, but just to make sure:

None of the albums are buyable or downloadable anymore, so it's not :filez:, right?

Well it's not like you had to pay for most of them.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
You could also snag at the very least listen to it from the source at Homestuck Gaiden's own Bandcamp. There's a couple other fan-compiled albums to check out, too.

Edit: Huh, I'd swear The Land of Fans and Music was free to download, and Homestuck for the Holidays was also free after the donation drive. Weird.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 5, 2012

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

notoriousman posted:

You could also snag it from the source at Homestuck Gaiden's own Bandcamp. There's a couple other fan-compiled albums to check out, too.

Actually, Tomb of the Ancestors is the only one you can snag from there, unless you're thinking about ripping them from the site or something. :confused:

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

SubNat posted:

IAN(Y)AL, but yes, it's still :filez:. Legally, copyright includes absolute control over distribution, including not distributing. Morally, it may be more acceptable than piracy of an actively-sold product, but that doesn't trump the legal judgment if you get pulled into court.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Well, the guy who did Tomb of the Ancestors told people that they could distribute it after the downloads ran out (look a page or two back on his tumblr). And the fanmusic album was always a free thing anyway (and IIRC people were encouraged to distribute that too - probably somewhere in this thread or this thread, but they're kind of long). So uploading either of those should definitely be okay. For the others I'm not sure.

You could also try asking whoever was in charge of this stuff on the music team. All of the albums were available for free on the Homestuck Gaiden bandcamp for a while (until they ran out of free downloads), so you might be able to get their blessing to distribute it all.

e: Also, I'm pretty sure it's a mistake that you can still buy individual songs from Tomb of the Ancestors. None of the stuff on the Gaiden website is supposed to be sold for money anymore - my understanding is that Hussie was concerned about maintaining artistic control over Homestuck music, so to clarify that the Gaiden stuff wasn't official he asked the music team not to sell any of it anymore (in line with his position that people shouldn't be selling any unlicensed things based on Homestuck intellectual property).

FrictionlessEmu fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 5, 2012

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Alright, I've sent off an email to the nice Homestuck Gaiden people, and If I get permission to share it, then I've got the albums uploaded and ready to be shared. :toot:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Updates!

God I love listening to these two and their delicious cotton candy text.

VVVV Edit: And Bro Strider's, with Di--. Pretty sure it's gonna be Dick now. As if we needed another source of dick jokes in this comic.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 5, 2012

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

quote:

GG: Ro-Lal?

We've got another letter in Lalonde's first name!

EDIT: Also, hooliginas.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 5, 2012

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

A good poster posted:

We've got another letter in Lalonde's first name!

EDIT: Also, hooliginas.

Di-Stri came up later, too. Dick Strider?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

this it the first thing anyone's said that makes bro look gay. none of those other things rang any bells at all and anyone who says differently is crazy but this one rang a bell I will give you that.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

So there's a character named Jane, and one might be named Dick.

Oh my god. It's so loving obvious now. :froggonk:

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

So there's a character named Jane, and one might be named Dick.

Oh my god. It's so loving obvious now. :froggonk:

Sburb with Jane and Dick!

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Roxy/Rory/Roby

Dick/Dirk/Dill/Dino. But almost definitely Dick.

snucks fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 5, 2012

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I love how Lalonde can spell "infinitives" but not "split". I also love everything else about this chatlog.

Also how many names could Ro stand for? Rose is taken, Rosa is too similar, perhaps Ross?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

My mom's name is Rona. God I hope it's not that, I would flip my poo poo.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Roxy is a pretty great name, I hope it's Roxy :3:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

My guess is Rozz, although that's typically spelt with one Z.

Shame we can't have a Janet though (Janet and John books are the UK "equivalent" of Dick and Jane books).

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Rodney and Dilton, secret trolls.

Interesting that Jane says the dream-assassination attempt was successful. She could be mistaken; if not, I wonder what the lifey thing accomplished. I would not have expected the complete list of Maid of Life powers to be "explodes on death".

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Rodney and Dilton, secret trolls.

Interesting that Jane says the dream-assassination attempt was successful. She could be mistaken; if not, I wonder what the lifey thing accomplished. I would not have expected the complete list of Maid of Life powers to be "explodes on death".
"There's something I never told you about me. I'm...
:c00l:
... a bomb."

But yeah, it's possible she wasn't consciously aware of the whole falling-tower-explodey business having just died. So her dreamself might have resurrected without her knowing.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 5, 2012

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

snucks posted:

Roxy/Rory/Roby

Dick/Dirk/Dill/Dino. But almost definitely Dick.

Gotta be Roxy. Rona is technically an option as well, but come on, it's going to be Roxy.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
This update excites me because it points to Bro's name being Dick. :allears:

However Mom's name isn't going to be Ruby and that was my best guess before. Someone pointed out previously that all the kids' names are monosyllabic and most Ro- names don't fit that. If it just needs four letters, my bet's on Roxy. If it needs four letters/one syllable I have no idea.

Also is Bro ineligible because he's gay, smitten with Jane, or because they're ectobiosiblings (I know some people definitely think they aren't but I'd say it's basically up in the air right now)?

Stupid theorycrafting aside that chatlog was amazing in every way.

Ro Lalonde posted:

TG: (thisis a dramantic pause calm ur tits)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Idunn posted:

This update excites me because it points to Bro's name being Dick. :allears:

However Mom's name isn't going to be Ruby and that was my best guess before. Someone pointed out previously that all the kids' names are monosyllabic and most Ro- names don't fit that. If it just needs four letters, my bet's on Roxy. If it needs four letters/one syllable I have no idea.

Also is Bro ineligible because he's gay, smitten with Jane, or because they're ectobiosiblings (I know some people definitely think they aren't but I'd say it's basically up in the air right now)?

Stupid theorycrafting aside that chatlog was amazing in every way.

It's Rock. Rock Lalonde.