Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

http://audiko.net/ringtone/Uhh+Yeah+Dude/what%27s+the+deal+with+cellphones%3F!?ring=19744792

what IS the deal with cellphones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

You guys are nuts. Ok, fine, 300 hours of two dudes chatting about news it is I guess.

And in the very next episode, Satan lady, Jah's poetry. Rad.

Hey does it ever stop being Child Murder/Rape-Chat with Florida side story or is that basically the jist of the cast?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

It does stop being that, especially when you start to learn about Jah and Seth as people.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

You guys are nuts. Ok, fine, 300 hours of two dudes chatting about news it is I guess.

And in the very next episode, Satan lady, Jah's poetry. Rad.

Hey does it ever stop being Child Murder/Rape-Chat with Florida side story or is that basically the jist of the cast?

They do cool it down on the paed jokes after a while. The reason why they do is funny.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006
I wish they'd do another video episode like episode 100. Seeing Seth rage like the last episode would be sublime.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

How to make a good podcast

First you take a podcast

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

How to make a good podcast

First you take a podcast

Combine it with milk

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I don't think there's much harm in skipping around, I've listened to about 60 episodes scattered all around and the callbacks aren't that huge. I did kinda luck out in listening to the episode where Dren is introduced pretty early on, I imagine the concept of "Getting on that dren" would be pretty confusing without hearing it first.

Plus when I listen to like the live episodes in Brooklyn where Jah's talking about how he thought he burned through all his poetry early on before finding the one he read there, I still have a lot of that to look forward to.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

CortezFantastic posted:

I apparently drunk dialed the voice mail on NYE and Seth called me at 8am. I'm east coast and at work so I couldn't answer, so he left a voicemail. I hope he is ok, because he sounded either really tired or sick.

The newest episode is really, really loving good anyway. Couple great rants in it.

He sounded all tired and out of sorts when he left me a message too. I think he either calls people back immediately upon waking up or just hates leaving messages. When I spoke to him later in the day he sounded totally normal.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
On episode 63, Jah says "1/10 of all black children have downs syndrome" and the effects after are hilarious.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Well I think I've listened to the entire series. I started listening in the 270s, worked my way back to 200, and then listened to 1 through 199 in order. I'm finally done, and I'm really sad. :(

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Now you just start the whole journey over.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CortezFantastic posted:

On episode 63, Jah says "1/10 of all black children have downs syndrome" and the effects after are hilarious.

The follow-up in episode 64 is really good too. On another note, 63 had my favorite country song reading of the series so far.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The same way that Seth knows the Wire is the best show on television ever without having seen a second of it; he knows that the latest Pearl Jam album sucks.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Its sad in episode 82 when they read a fan mail making fun of Seth for doing the Horse/Weed/Mind's eye game and then they stop doing it after that. I cant be the only one who actually thinks its funny

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Sensual Ozma Lover posted:

Its sad in episode 82 when they read a fan mail making fun of Seth for doing the Horse/Weed/Mind's eye game and then they stop doing it after that. I cant be the only one who actually thinks its funny

They've brought it back at least once for a live show, to thunderous applause. It has to have shown up more than once since 82 but my memory is wicked bad. I remember Jah being first mortified at doing it in front of an audience and then thrilled that the audience was fooled about as much as he was :I

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Oh, they definitely don't stop after 82. Live show yes, and then at least a handful of other times.

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012
I've been listening back to some of my favorite episodes recently and episode 39 has to be among the best. In particular the part about the male whorehouse featuring Mike Tyson makes me lose it every time.

"Hey, what did you guys do this weekend?"

"We hosed Mike Tyson. By which I mean he made us fight each other. And hosed the winner."

They most certainly do not stop there. And you're not the only one, it's pretty hilarious sometimes.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
people who bitched about that segment are the loving Worst

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

the other day I was listening to a radio show and they did a horse/beer/made-up bit and I almost felt like righting in to complain of that blatant steez ripping.

I will however object to Seth's constant live show plugging. We get it Seth you have some live shows coming up, chill out.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

the other day I was listening to a radio show and they did a horse/beer/made-up bit and I almost felt like righting in to complain of that blatant steez ripping.

I will however object to Seth's constant live show plugging. We get it Seth you have some live shows coming up, chill out.

You chill out bro, these are completely free and have been released weekly for 6 years. Let him sell some loving tickets.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

CortezFantastic posted:

You chill out bro, these are completely free and have been released weekly for 6 years. Let him sell some loving tickets.

I'm just bitter because I'm British and know that will never see them live.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
After Episode 135 I just want to refer to Jonathan as Jizzface from now on.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

Yeah, it's really not a big deal, in all honesty. They're too awesome to even nearly be annoyed by it.

Edit: I'm British too. 2006 for life.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Zeeco posted:

I've been listening back to some of my favorite episodes recently and episode 39 has to be among the best. In particular the part about the male whorehouse featuring Mike Tyson makes me lose it every time.

"Hey, what did you guys do this weekend?"

"We hosed Mike Tyson. By which I mean he made us fight each other. And hosed the winner."

Seth's sheer, utter terror at the concept of having to compete with Mike Tyson for his girlfriend's affections is even funnier.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I miss Seth's earlier bits where he just offhand mentions his random encounter with two celebrities and their ridiculous sexual encounter.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The Quake posted:

I miss Seth's earlier bits where he just offhand mentions his random encounter with two celebrities and their ridiculous sexual encounter.

Guess who I saw, coming out of starbucks, just Laughing and Slapping?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
How the gently caress is Seth still sober

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Guess who I saw, coming out of starbucks, just Laughing and Slapping?

Jensen Ackles and Tom Welling. BO-Nified.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mcvey posted:

How the gently caress is Seth still sober

Jah said at one point he wouldn't do the podcast anymore if Seth fell off the wagon.

Plus I get the sense that wherever Seth was before he got sober (Not physically, which was riding the Merry-Go-Round at an LA street carnival, calling Jonathan in tears saying he was really going to do it this time,) it was bad enough that it put him off the sauce for good.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Except, of course, if he went blind.

"NO, I'm gonna sit around my house and be blind and sober. DOO DO DO DOO DO DO DO DO."

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
It was really :3: hearing Seth's mom compliment him on being 9 years sober.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Can anyone find me the version of Hollywood Nights by Bob Seger that they used for the outro in episode 303?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Slotducks posted:

Can anyone find me the version of Hollywood Nights by Bob Seger that they used for the outro in episode 303?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdboNjPnRs

TheOtherContraGuy
Jul 4, 2007

brave skeleton sacrifice
Bought my Seattle ticket. Straight giddy

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Sometimes I think Seth's ideas can be a bit insane, but goddamn if I wouldn't have my TV on The Herdahadda Channel 24/7.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Listening to 305 now. I love this loving show.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
WHHHHHHAT'S THE DEAL WITH CELLPHONES!?!?!?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Obviously you're not really meant to take much of what the guys say seriously and I get its too ironic for its shirt; but I wanted to ask about some (maybe just perceived) of the latent homophobia in the show, at least in the early days.

Lots of stuff they talk about is just people being insane, regardless of gender or sexual preference and that's not what I'm talking about, I mean like in the last episode I listened to (28) where they spend the whole show making a running joke of some LGBT group being annoyed at a lack of LGBT characters in prime time TV.

Does stuff like that continue? Obviously I'm not even 10% through the backlog and I do love it like, 99% of the time. Its just every now an then one of them makes an offhanded comment or does something like the above and I spend the next 30 mins all :ohdear:

I'm not talking about Seth calling everyone and everything Fruits cause I figure that has different connotations where the guys are.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
They definitely pump the brakes on the "Fruits" talk, and at one point even respond to listener criticism and say that they were out of line.

When they get into Craig's House, they spend a lot of time talking about the M4M casual encounters section, but they direct most of their attention to "totally straight bros looking for JO partners, no gay poo poo".