Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got magnetic nail polish and it's the best thing EVER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shagster104
Jan 3, 2012
I finally made an account here! hoooray :holy:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Welcome to somethingawful, shagster! I do hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Also:

Jan 2 2012

Today is awesome because I keep learning just a little more about my favorite poem. It's amazing how much can be contained in just 3,000 lines. :)

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Finally got around to seeing a new episode of my favorite show (which hasn't had a new episode in a year, more or less), and I was on the edge of a scream the whole time because everything about it was perfect.

EDIT: Just found out my boyfriend gifted me a copy of Portal 2 on Steam :3:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Jan 3, 2012

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Today I woke up at 5 in the morning to drive my best friend in the world to the airport. After spending an amazing eight days with him, today he had to go back home to another country. This has been a really sad and difficult morning but what's awesome to me is that I'm fortunate enough to have him in my life.

I love him to death and I miss him like hell, but drat am I ever a lucky lady to know someone who makes me as happy as he does. :)

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Walk Away posted:

I finally got an interview with a small accounting firm for next week. I graduated back in June. I want a real job so bad!

I got the job! It only starts at $10 an hour, but after tax season I have the opportunity to move up to a better position. Looks like my daughter and I will be able to go to New York this winter like we wanted!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I finally counted the change in my change jar, it's like $51.05 out of nowhere!

VVV The pennies were the $1.05...god, I hate pennies :argh:

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Jan 4, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Coffee-and-Pie:

See? it's what happens when you save up. Every penny counts!

Jan 3 2012
- Today is awesome because it is 5 days before my birthday.
- I've also been at work studying Beowulf and comics and I feel like I'm going places. Soon I will be making Beowulf comics.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay

CrackSpider posted:

Finally got around to seeing a new episode of my favorite show (which hasn't had a new episode in a year, more or less), and I was on the edge of a scream the whole time because everything about it was perfect.

EDIT: Just found out my boyfriend gifted me a copy of Portal 2 on Steam :3:

You're talking about Sherlock, aren't you? Sherlock Sherlock Sherlock :3:

My day was awesome because I made plans to go see a friend I haven't seen in a long while tomorrow. And because I saw the new Sherlock episode.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
Caught a cold over the weekend, Went running with my dog anyways. Come home to find out it's homemade chicken soup for dinner. Still have bowling and a meteor shower to look forward to so, all and all not such a bad day. gently caress being sick.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Day was pretty lovely, actually, but I came home to a letter saying that I have $500 of healthcare savings that I need to do something health-related with in the next three months.

Conveniently, we were waiting until the first of the year until insurance kicked in to start using birth control pills because of the cost. Seems like we can get quite a few for "free" to start with. :dance:

e: also, two emails letting me know that two packages I ordered will be here in the next two days!

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Jan 4, 2012

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Vigilante Banana posted:

You're talking about Sherlock, aren't you? Sherlock Sherlock Sherlock :3:

Yessss, and nobody in real life understands my love for this show... but I think I'm slowly getting my boyfriend interested in it. He said he was going to go home and watch series 1 tonight and then we can (re)watch A Scandal in Belgravia together :swoon:

Content: Got a late birthday gift from said boyfriend's mum and also got to keep the last half of the cake a friend made for our little New Year's party. Yum.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Today was awesome because My Now fiance said yes :)

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 4 2012
- Today is awesome because it is 4 days before my birthday.
- Also I got the first elder scrolls game ever. The game is free/open source now, so there's totally some modern windows ports and a Mac OS X port. All you have to do is look!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A third package arrived! Forgot my mom had ordered a book for me. :3:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Today was awesome because My Now fiance said yes :)

Congrats!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Today was awesome because I slept in and then found out I got an A in my internship.

I am now officially a college grad! :woop:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I just transfered $500 from my checking into my brand spanking new Scottrade account. I'm ridiculously excited! I haven't touched the market in the last three years! I work in a ski shop and there's no loving snow, so this will keep me busy when I'm not working; college educated, amateur stock trading ski bum :3:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
My day was awesome because classes began again (yes, I look forward to something like this).

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

We don't have to put my dog to sleep.

To clarify, she's a 15 y/o black lab mutt, and she's been slowly getting weaker and slowing down. This morning I got a call from my dad that he had found her laying in the grass outside and unable to walk back into the house. I managed to get to the house and see her for what I thought would be the last time, and went to work feeling really lovely. I just got a text that the vet said my dog have just had a mini-stroke, but that other than some fatigue earlier, she was doing just fine for her age.

I have my dog for a bit longer. :unsmith:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I just realized I've added 40lbs to both my military press and bench press in the past 3 1/2 months. I've also gained ~7lbs, and have lost six inches on my waist. I'm still fat. I'm still eating everything possible. But now I'm making better choices, and seeing massive results. hell yes.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yesterday I got a call from a potential future roommate, we looked at houses near our future school and found some good ones within walking distance and she seems cool so that's looking promising. A few hours later I got a call from a school representative to confirm that she had in fact called and to touch base on everything else. I'm getting my application, essay and fee in the mail today, my transcript requests are sent, I've got one of two letters of rec taken care of, and my physical appointment is on the 16th.

Mortuary school, here I come!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 5 2012
- Today is awesome because Alternative Pants's day was awesome.
- Also, dusted everything in the house. I feel productive! :)
- Three days before birthday.
- Got to play some Skyrim proper. I'm really enjoying this game. It's like an improved Oblivion with loose Scandinavian influences and dragons.

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

Got a new smartphone through Amazon for a penny. Goodbye, unreliable and outdated Eris. So excited, receive it on Monday.

Scrye
Aug 3, 2011

You can not even FATHOM the amount of FUCK I don't give!
The growing support for these guys made my loving day.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Today is going to be awesome because I go back to COLLEGE and I get to see my girlfriend and all of my friends again so I can stop feeling like a social pariah!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's only January 6, but I'm already starting to feel less whiny, more assertive, and more comfortable in my own skin.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I woke up without shooting pain going through my hip and my calf muscle in a spasm. I also woke up hungry instead of slightly nauseous due to being dizzy. And it's pay day.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 6 2012
- Today is awesome because I got another call from my boyfriend about our upcoming New York trip. I really cannot wait! :D
- Also, 2 days before my birthday.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Today was awesome because at work I told the older English lady I'd made friends with that I was going to London next month and she got all excited and asked me to bring her back some Oxo cubes, because she knows that you can get them here but they're so expensive, not like the pound they are there, and I should visit this pub and that pub and all the pubs, and oh forget it here's her number just call her and she'll give me a list. :3:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Another reason why today was awesome:

- I tried to help an alcoholic today. I hope it goes well.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I think I've reached the end of my cold, and I'm going to play LASER TAG with some friends I haven't seen in forever!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Yesterday was awesome because I got a job offer at a nice University in an amazing research group. The pay is 50% more than what I was expecting, and it's not a trap. I would have considered the position even without the extra pay.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Today I learned that if you order go to Burger King after 9PM and ask for a "midnight special" you get a burger and fries for $2.10.

*in Ontario.

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I went on the treadmill for a few really good runs, and I'm already feeling a lot more energetic than usual. The most recent one felt like sex.

Also, I got a B+ on the class I was really worrying about, and I've had my best semester yet.

I go back to school tomorrow and I'm so excited. :3:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 7 2012
- Day before my motherfucking birthday.
- Well, as it turns out my alcoholic friend is never going to drink spiked cough syrup ever again! This makes me feel a little better.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Saw some family friends who I haven't seen in forever! They all said I looked like I lost weight, too! :neckbeard:

Yesterday was awesome because I saw my friends, had some insanely spicy chicken wings, and met some new people.

Tomorrow will be awesome because I'm gonna finally get off my fat rear end and go to the gym! :woop:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got home safely after a looong trip to see family.

I didn't gain as much weight as I thought! Also, I'm nearly done with the cleaning up/reorganizing of my closet. I'm going to donate a LOT of clothes, and I still have tons of them.

My hair is also getting longer, I can tie it in a ponytail, compared to the pixie I had six months ago. I'm getting my mane back :)

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 8 2012
- Today everybody's day is awesome because it is my birthday on both the Gregorian and the lunar calendar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
Already lost the 5 lbs. I put on for the holidays, plus a couple more. But that's not really why I'm posting in this thread, though it's pretty awesome.

Academics can mess up an office like nobody else. Today I got my office cleaned up for the most part. The books are where they're supposed to be, I have my immediate reading pile collected (only 29 books I absolutely have to get through this semester that don't have to do with my research!), and I even made up a comfortable reading nook. I already made a dent in Howl and a bunch of books about the Arab Spring.

I've been so involved in one thing or another for the past five months, then two weeks of being completely spaced out while I calibrate my MMJ dosage, that I haven't had the time to just sit down and really read. I didn't realize how much I missed it. (Yep, I lost that holiday weight while constantly high on weed.)

Also my husband just brought up scrambled eggs and sausage, because he knows I hate interrupting my reading just to get food.