Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
(from Facebook fan page)

quote:

My father Peter 1944 - 24 December 2011 was a lifelong supporter of Everton, since he was a young lad growing up in Liverpool. Sadly he passed away this week, but his dying wish was to see Everton return to their former glory of the 70's and 80's. I hope this Everton team can honour a dying man's wish and bring home a trophy or two. He will be watching from heaven.

Apparently some random guy dying will fuel Everton to make up a 21 point deficit in the second half of the season

quote:

moyes out do u no what ur talking about would be playing 1st division football if he not in charge we got no money but mr kenwright a true blue who will not sell the the club to anyone look at blackburn n portsmouth no thanks better the devil u know lets keep supporting the lads and hope we get a striker in jan up the blues

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Mochiloc posted:

(from Facebook fan page)

Apparently some random guy dying will fuel Everton to make up a 21 point deficit in the second half of the season

I can't possibly see what is wrong with that first quote.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Mochiloc posted:

(from Facebook fan page)

What's so :psyduck: about wanting to keep Moyes and being wary about selling the club to foreign owners who don't give a poo poo about your club?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

tbp posted:

I can't possibly see what is wrong with that first quote.

there's no heaven so how can he be looking down :rolleyes:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

BunnyX posted:

there's no heaven so how can he be looking down :rolleyes:

He did a Gary Speed.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Lol not one of our team would make theirs oh please give it a rest you might have spent a billion on acquiring and paying these guys wages but as if reina agger skertl johnson and Jose don't walk into your back 5 hart was good against us but he'll have a seaman moment at the euros for sure. Then I'd say gerrard and Suarez easily in their first x1 that's 6 or 7. Lucas over yaya as well that's eight. I'd want silva Johnson and aguerro from them.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Paperhouse posted:

Lol not one of our team would make theirs oh please give it a rest you might have spent a billion on acquiring and paying these guys wages but as if reina agger skertl johnson and Jose don't walk into your back 5 hart was good against us but he'll have a seaman moment at the euros for sure. Then I'd say gerrard and Suarez easily in their first x1 that's 6 or 7. Lucas over yaya as well that's eight. I'd want silva Johnson and aguerro from them.

Where is this person I want to shake and slap them round the face them a lot

Especially as that game last night brought us back to having the best defensive record in the league

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Why would he need to apologize? He has been treated so unfairly with all of this. I've followed this subject since day one and they're literally translating the Spanish dialogue Suarez and Evra had during that game.

That's beyond retarded. You can't just translate word by word and believe you actually have an exact meaning of what was said. It's just the same when you translate some things from English into Spanish, you need to take into account the cultural difference, keeping in mind some words don't mean the same in every country, etc.

I'm from Uruguay and I've seen SO many people talk about this without knowing absolutely NOTHING at all about how things are in my country. I read that experts in "Urugayan Spanish" said that the word "negro" is offensive in some cases in Uruguay. That's bullshit. I call 3 of my closest friends like that, I even had a highschool teacher I called negro. One of my friends dad is black and is called negro by everyone he knows. We use that term for anyone, no matter the skin tone. Over here, people don't consider it an insult, let alone racist. It's just a nickname. We also call people "rubio" or "rubia" = "blondie" or "flaco" = "slim" or "gordo" = fattie. Nobody gives a poo poo over here. I understand the English are completely different from us, take offense for things nobody would over here... but is it THAT hard to understand nobody is offended by those words over here? I've tried reasoning with a few English people I know from forums and nobody believes me. They think black people here "must have gotten used to the abuse" therefore they don't complain. Gosh, it just makes me rage. It's THAT PEOPLE HERE ARE PROUD of being what they are and couldn't care less if someone mentions their skin tone.

It's so hard for me to post this and not rage at everything and this whole subject, people talk and talk and don't know anything at all. I read in some article that Suarez said to Evra "because you're black" which is CLEARLY a word by word translation from our Spanish, an expression we use "porque sos negro" which means "because it's you" or "because poo poo happens". It's not meant to be serious at all, it's meant to be a joke. It has NOTHING to do with skin tone, since AS I said before, we call pretty much EVERYONE "negro" NO MATTER WHAT THEIR SKIN TONE IS.

I understand Luis hosed up though, he should've thought his words would be misunderstood in another country, but people need to shut the gently caress up about Luis "using racial slurs", because over here not a single word he said would EVER be considered offensive. All this was a language/cultural misunderstanding between two players who were trying to annoy each other in a football game and the FA made a huge deal out of, so did the English media, which I already hated before and now even more. Now Luis gets to have a tainted reputation over something completely silly.

A lot worse things are said in every football game, there have been team fights, people get shot and die when supporters of different teams fight, violent tackles... but noooo, a silly misunderstanding like this is on every front page in England.

That's your media, I hope you're proud of it. /rant over

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Suarez - victim of xenophobia?

He's been a hate figure since he arrived in the Premier League, but will this change? He's done stupid things in the past, but so has some British players and they're still respected. Bellamy & Savage are two examples of players whose image has changed dramatically. The alleged racism against Suarez being accepted as the absolute truth amongst the more unsavoury sections of footballing support hasn't helped his cause at all either.

Maradona was despised yet lauded for his genius. 30 years on and that hatred is all but gone. Fully believe the same thing will happen for Suarez. Fashionable to hate now, yet over time will be lauded only for his footballing brilliance.

HOT BRITISH SEX
Jun 12, 2007

She's just coming, sir.
Hey, remember when I posted that rant from my club (Hearts)'s Dear Leader, Vladimir Romanov?

Well...

(context: Hearts have fairly serious cash flow problems, and have been late in paying the players for the past couple of months. The SPL held a meeting yesterday and gave Hearts an ultimatum - "pay the players in full in 10 days or else", effectively. Hearts had asked the SPL to postpone said meeting because they were waiting for a transfer fee to clear, which would've allowed the players to be paid without the need for the SPL's posturing)

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120105/vladimir-romanov-statement_2241384_2567380

quote:

"As soon as Hearts moved closer to the third spot the monkeys start to squeal, lie and create conspiracy plots.

I thought I had expressed myself clearly - I am selling the club and I am not going to give any more money away. It is pointless to support show business, not football. Hearts is now living out of its own budget.

Everyone knew, including players, media and SPL that the wages are going to be paid as soon as the money was received for Eggert Jonsson, who was sold last year. But media still tried to create conspiracy plots about the team and managed to get a prompt and unwise decision from the SPL meeting, which the club asked it to postpone until next week in order to get opportunity to pay the wages.

As such I have not cheated anyone. The monkeys tricked the SPL, fans and themselves and showed who is in charge of the football mafia. They will continue to cheat as this is their job.

I am used to their lies. I remember when the fight started between two people at the end of one of our AGMs and all the cameras were there as they were expecting it. Later that episode was covered by all major stations as backdrop of the AGM, trying to portray the club as a mess.

I feel sorry for the poor monkeys. Mowgli is asking to work for the publicity of the Old Firm, that's why they have to lie and tell tall stories.

But there is no future for Scottish football while these media monkeys are in charge. Not just for football, but for the whole country. When people tried to protest in the streets, media turned it into chaos, demonstrating masked instigators and hired gangsters in front of the cameras.

I have nothing to prove. Seven years ago I proved that there was no football, but only show business. When Kaunas threw Rangers out of the competition you switched your TV off to avoid embarrassment. Fear takes away the wisdom.

I am going to reiterate once again - I am not going to gift the club money anymore. The only thing left for the club to do is to develop its own youth and attempt to enlighten people who have been deceived and held as part of a stupid crowd by Mowgli.

The progress is there - Mowgli is under prosecution and in exile. But until they open a zoo for the monkeys and keep them in cages, they will keep jumping on people who are straightforward and not afraid to speak."

Mr. Big Snacks
Jul 26, 2006

HOT BRITISH SEX posted:

Hey, remember when I posted that rant from my club (Hearts)'s Dear Leader, Vladimir Romanov?

Well...

(context: Hearts have fairly serious cash flow problems, and have been late in paying the players for the past couple of months. The SPL held a meeting yesterday and gave Hearts an ultimatum - "pay the players in full in 10 days or else", effectively. Hearts had asked the SPL to postpone said meeting because they were waiting for a transfer fee to clear, which would've allowed the players to be paid without the need for the SPL's posturing)

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120105/vladimir-romanov-statement_2241384_2567380

He must have his own password to Hearts' website, that statement can't possibly have gone through an editing process. He must just log on from his phone and post it himself :psyduck:

I hope he owns Hearts' forever

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
There is a long tradition in this country of accepting adjudications at face value in favour of the establishment, given by serious looking white men in formal attire.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/01/without-prejudice-the-curious-case-of-the-racist-non-racist/

comparing Suarez to the Guildford 4.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

quote:

We all know by now that Suarez was using a term he can 'get away with' in Uruguay. Even though when people bring the colour of skin into a conversation, it becomes an issue of race, I think he was just having a dig at Evra, in the heat of the battle.
I was a little concerned at first, when I saw footage of Suarez, pinching Evra's skin, but that could be done in the same way as pulling his hair.
We all get called 'Gringo' and 'Blondito' in Latin America. I have been loads of times, and I spent 18 months out there. I have been to Uruguay, and have never come across any form of racism from anybody, on me, or on anyone else. To say Liverpool should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute is farcical. They are protecting the interests of their investment/player, and that is only natural. They would naturally have been less accommodating to him, if he had been deemed racist. He would have been sacked, long before he would have been charged.
Using the term 'Negro' and ' Negrito' is common-place out there, as are terms like mulatto, etc. They are not harmful terms when used correctly - they only become so, when people take it out of context, or when someone is bring racist, which I don't think Suarez was being.
My work colleague and my age (from Trinidad) uses the term 'negro' all the time. Does that make it OK for him to say it, but not OK for 'white man' me or the hispanic, olive skinned Suarez?

I love Devon to bits but holy gently caress is it ever far-right.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

To be honest, there is so much anger about how Suarez has been treated and by all these idiotic politically correct nobodies coming out and accusing Liverpool and Dalglish of this and that, I couldn't give a poo poo. I grew up on the banks of the Mersey, I'm a pure working class and I don't have time for all these liberal idiots. Its the FA's fault for lying. Have you been reading the Daily Mail all week?? Suarez is being hounded by them. I threatened them with the Press Complaints and one article disappeared from there website.
I'm not suggesting the Oldham lad deserved it but if he was racially abused then it goes to show you that it doesn't really exist anymore as he was shocked.
So all this rubbish about racism in football is just rubbish. Stoked up by idiots like Jason Roberts.
I live away from Liverpool now and constantly hear Scouse 'jokes'. Is that not a form of racism? Regionalism at least!!

quote:

This is just the beginning I’m afraid. As much as you want this to be ‘black and white’ - it isn’t - and such binary reduction puts you in racial profiling waters.The FA are now guilty of the very thing they self-righteously tried to rail against. Now we have a murderous political campaign against Suarez, Dalglish, and Liverpool, who have already been politically blackmailed into giving up their appeals and issuing a player apology. These outside groups like Kick it Out are now seeking to further defame a player based on a kangeroo court, a probability case, and the FA’s own admission of character preference (which is legally unethical if not racially motivated). They have ignored Evra’s own slurs and threats to Suarez, Evra’s history of racial epithets supported by video, and the previous FA dismissals of his ‘character.’ The FA took an unprecedented case, an unprecedented procedure, an unprecedented punishment and decided to aim it at a South American player with a poor command of English, new to the country. As it’s official scapegoat, they chose a person of mixed race, denigrated his worth in court, and produced a decision based on lip readers from Manchester. They should be ashamed! This of course deflects from the much more cut and dry case involving a British player, the England captain no less. By the lack of parity in treating these players the FA is promoting something akin to racial discrimination.The fact that Lord Ousley is affiliated with Manchester United makes the recent statements all the more regrettable. If you truly want to kick racism out of football you have to be equitable and fair in accessing all sides of the race question, and all cultural associations. You also must consider that you are trying to assassinate the character of a player that used the Spanish word for ‘black’ when the original charge was falsely based around the much stronger N word. What you are seeking to defend will actually bring about more racism in football because now any player can get another player banned and politically assassinated on a hearsay allegation. Your actions, and the statements from people like Jason Roberts, are actually promoting inequality, subjectivity, and racial profiling. Witness how the media have sanctimoniously jumped in based on such reductive political correctness and how the player’s own mother now fears for his safety. Also, do a modicum of research on Suarez’s race relations, there are videos a plenty on youtube, and you will find that there isn’t a less racist player in the premiership.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

PirateBob posted:

I'm not suggesting the Oldham lad deserved it but if he was racially abused then it goes to show you that it doesn't really exist anymore as he was shocked.

Psyduck exploding into smaller psyducks etc.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Can't argue with that logic

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm glad people are pointing out the worst bits I'm struggling to get past the second sentence on a lot of these

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

I'm glad people are pointing out the worst bits I'm struggling to get past the second sentence on a lot of these

At some point all these posts just turn into 'Blah Blah Blah I love the EDF me'.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Evra’s history of racial epithets supported by video,

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Byolante posted:

At some point all these posts just turn into 'Blah Blah Blah I love the EDF me'.

They're definitely in my top three energy providers.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sebzilla posted:

They're definitely in my top three energy providers.

Its actually my favourite saviour of mankind when we get attacked by giant ants.

Why did I think it was the English Defence Federation. I obviously don't read enough of the Mirror.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

they were proberly 3 scum fans dressing in lfc shirts, trying to cause more probs for lfc after the evra vid .

quote:

The fact of the matter here is that this could blow out with a whimper or this could turn extremely nasty considering all what has been going on recently! Jaimie has only stated the obvious here not being excited and happy as you state joey! @Jaimie K - On to another matter, Jaimie what do you think about Patrice Evra having possibly abused the terms and conditions of his work permit with that video which is knocking around from yesterday? I ask because you're site is very good and I always visit to see what you have to say even if I don't always agree with what you post! However you seem to be knowledegable enough to know if this could be an issue for Patrice Evra? I know it was made in 2004 whilst he was with Monaco but it was made in a London Hotel on British soil so surely he abused the terms of him entering the UK then and had this been public knowledge he would have been removed from the UK and refused a work permit when he went to Man Utd in 2006?

quote:

Many years ago people from Liverpool were taken as slaves (just like black people were) by the Vikings, they were taken onboard the viking ships and forced to cook food for the vikings. 1 of the types of food they cooked was called LAPSKAUS ( a type of stew, veg,meat etc.still eaten today in Norway.) . The name SCOUSER comes from the word LAPSKAUS. This is why the people from outside of Liverpool called the slave people of Liverpool, the slave name SCOUSERS. So in History the people of Liverpool have been slaves just like black people have, the black people got called the "N" word, people from liverpool got called "scousers" word, DO WE jump up and down every time some1 calls us that.. answer is NO, we have moved on and accepted or past. But maybe.. just maybe... we should make scouser a RASIST name? beacause everytime they use that word they are calling us SLAVES.

The people of Liverpool were lapskaus slaves on the Viking ships! :stare:
The word scouser actually does originate from lapskaus, though. I learned something new while reading imbecilic comments. :unsmith:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
white people cant juz face it...that we blacks r better than them in each ways...Chelsea is nothing without Drogba, Man City is nothing without Yaya Toure, Man utd is nothing without Evra...Arsenal wont hav been unbeaten if there is no Henry, Viera, Ashley Cole...Liverpool n Suarez r juz losers...

Psybro
May 12, 2002

PirateBob posted:

The word scouser actually does originate from lapskaus, though. I learned something new while reading imbecilic comments. :unsmith:

I had labskaus in Hamburg, it was quite good. It's basically bright pink corned beef hash with a rollmop on top.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

white people cant juz face it...that we blacks r better than them in each ways...Chelsea is nothing without Drogba, Man City is nothing without Yaya Toure, Man utd is nothing without Evra...Arsenal wont hav been unbeaten if there is no Henry, Viera, Ashley Cole...Liverpool n Suarez r juz losers...

broadly agree with this tbh

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Paperhouse posted:

convincing argument tbh

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
you could argue that the ultimate team consists of white ppl wuld be spain n barca but spain has connections with africa and poo poo so maybe ppl on spain team took the best black n best white traits together to become worldcup winners but i dunno

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

appledan posted:

you could argue that the ultimate team consists of white ppl wuld be spain n barca but spain has connections with africa and poo poo so maybe ppl on spain team took the best black n best white traits together to become worldcup winners but i dunno

I thought this was a realpost until like halfway trough

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

PirateBob posted:

quote:

the black people got called the "N" word, people from liverpool got called "scousers" word, DO WE jump up and down every time some1 calls us that.. answer is NO, we have moved on and accepted or past.

The people of Liverpool were lapskaus slaves on the Viking ships! :stare:

Like Ricky Gervais and his attempt to dictate what people of certain groups, of which he is not a part of, should be offended by, now we have Liverpool fans telling black people to move on and stop being offended by racism.

I guess it was inevitable. When you've tried so moronically to defend the incident but to no avail, what else is there to do but shrug your shoulders and tell people to get over it?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

ShortLeroy posted:

Like Ricky Gervais and his attempt to dictate what people of certain groups, of which he is not a part of, should be offended by, now we have Liverpool fans telling black people to move on and stop being offended by racism.

I guess it was inevitable. When you've tried so moronically to defend the incident but to no avail, what else is there to do but shrug your shoulders and tell people to get over it?

ahaha where is this from??

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Breath Ray posted:

ahaha where is this from??

https://www.liverpool-kop.com

They've disabled right-click and drag-selecting of text (wonder why) so you'll have to view the page source in order to extract the gold.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

quote:

'Arry also seems like a genuinely better person. His dodgy dealing and media antics are annoying, but the likes of Wenger and SAF genuinely come across as detestable cunts. I'd rather see Harry being over-friendly with the media (even if he sometimes uses it as a force for badness) than the others who just abuse and belittle them.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
mods please rename me "A Force for Badness"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://football365.com/faves/7422214/Weekly-Words

"Heard a few rumours uve been using my name in vain? Hope its not true. Sh*t players talking sh*t" the bain of my life. Go and live life away from football, stop being so bitter, twisted and sad. Its boring. If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!

"I'd rather have my 1 England cap and be forever yearning more than take somebody from that countries chance away because my nans from their. and I'm not good enough to play for the country I'm from. Bore off. Play for the country ur from, if ur not good enough like me, work harder. I have worked out that I probably love about 12 people in the world, I like about 35, I don't mind about 100, the rest of u, well can jog on. I care neither for ur comments, ur praise, ur critique, ur attitudes, ur life stories or any other nonsense u choose to bore me with......." - In all its grammatical glory, Joey Barton takes to Twitter in response to some criticism from Matt Holland.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Gotta love Barton.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

further more, can someone name 5 two footed tackles that HAVE actually broke a leg....lets make that 3 names instead.

quote:

This wasn't two feet first it was scissors dumbasses and he played ball! how unbelievable stupid can one be? sure you weren't watching ping-pong for monkeys??????????

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Paul McGrath gave Barton poo poo over that, saying he was born in London and was offered an England cap by Bobby Robson, but turned it down in favour of playing for Ireland. Anyway who the gently caress would want to play for England, being manager or player is only going to lead to being poo poo-on by the media and fans.

quote:

jack says January 12, 2012 8:41am
Carrol isd not good enough for liverpool. we need a better striker than carrol such as maroune Chamahk. he would be a quality signing
I think I'd rather Carroll tbf

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mark Lawrenson posted:

If you were a Premier League football, you'd like to be used in this game. You are not going to get humped from one end of the pitch to the other, you are going to get caressed.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Martin oneil has made me fall in love with sunderland again! I like every single 1 of our players apart from that oval office who should stick too building pyramids. . . You no who you are (paki).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Chuggo posted:

Martin oneil has made me fall in love with sunderland again! I like every single 1 of our players apart from that oval office who should stick too building pyramids. . . You no who you are (paki).

Never say racists are ignorant of the people they're trying to vilify.

And I have no idea what he's got against Elmo, sure he's not been great but he's not exactly Marcos Angeleri (yes, we still have an argie international right back on our books doing nothing!)