Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

eSKAObar posted:

This series of articles is more for a large scale tournament, but you can take some ideas from it: http://www.option-select.com/blog/entry/?id=83 http://www.option-select.com/blog/entry/?id=106

I've run some small tournaments with a mix of competitive and non-competitive players and the main tips I can give you are to find out what sort of resources you have at your disposal so you can build around that.

How much money are you willing to spend? Besides payouts for the winners, consider small stuff like chips and drinks. Also consider prep costs such as paper towels and toilet paper and even air fresheners. Clean your bathroom and floors.

What can your friends bring to the table? If you can get some people to bring extra setups and you can guarantee their security, you can have a smoother tournament as well as a casual station so people aren't sitting around. You can also trade your entry fee for a bag of fresh baked goods or whatever.

How much space do you have? Have designated areas for fee collection, bracket inquiries, and your stream station. This is hard in an apartment, but being clear on the setup side of things will keep things looking organized.

How much time do you have? Have a schedule and try to stick to it. http://challonge.com/ is a good resource to help your bracket. Get a big piece of cardboard or butcher paper and draw the bracket on it. You'll get a lot of requests on bracket status. If you have multiple setups (and you should), enforce a no casuals rule so you can keep the tournament running.

Just have fun with it and don't be afraid to lay down the law since it's your place and all. I wouldn't even worry about streaming for your first time since there's a million more things that can go wrong. I would recommend a fake run through in advance so you can see what areas you're lacking.

I have multiple setups but one is vastly different than the other (projector vs. TV), I have one 360 with the game and one PS3 with the game, and I have one stick for the 360, and one stick that works with both. I have lots and lots of snacks anyways (I'm a goon, after all)

I'm mostly concerned about getting people to come. I'll have friends helping me make sure everything not bolted to the floor doesn't get stolen, but I'm not sure how I should get the word out (apart from giving out fliers at Gamestop) especially since the only arcade in town closed up recently (Chinatown fair)

There is this place but I've never been:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/next-level-brooklyn-2#query:next%20level%20arcade

Do you have an email address or something I could reach you at outside of the forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

There's a streamed tournament every week at next level, with the best players on the east coast. It is run by the guy who managed chinatown fair.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Noel uses air exchanges from Wolverine to Frank a lot doesn't he? Babby's first combo with Wolverine into air exchange Frank j.MMH xx qcf+L, M xx qcf+L, MS, land snapshot is pretty basic. You can cancel the snapshot into his qcb super and DHC glitch into berserker charge for a second snapshot too, which should be enough to get you to level 4.

Dandy J
May 17, 2003

macro machines

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Hey folks. I'm considering doing a little tournament out my apartment and had some questions. Mainly, just some guidelines and rules to keep things organized and fair, and also maybe any tips on how to get a livestream going.
- Post your tournament on SRK: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/tournaments-events.96/. Post your tournament on Facebook. Make copies of the thread on game-specific sites as necessary such as Dustloop, Tekken Zaibatsu, Melty Bread, Homing Cancel, Smashboards, 8WayRun, whatever. Make them link back to the SRK thread, and make bookmarks or whatever so you can check back and respond if people post questions.

- Use tio (http://allisbrawl.com/tio/) or challonge or some software to make the bracket. Make sure you test and know how to use it before hand. This includes stuff like manually seeding certain players if necessary, fixing mistakes if a match is recorded incorrectly, adding players after the bracket is made/remaking the bracket, etc.

- Have at least 2 people near the entrance for signups and registration. Sit at a table, have one person take the money and another add them to whatever brackets for the games they enter.

- Get some change before the tournament to break 20s and 50s, you want as many 5s as possible. Have a cash box or something to put the money in to keep it organized so you can make change quickly. It doesn't need to be super secure or have some crazy lock because that's not going to keep anyone from stealing it; keeping it in a backpack that you're going to wear for the entire duration of the tournament will. For smaller tournaments you can just use manila envelopes for each game + venue.

- Use ASUS V236H and 4:3 CRTs only. Anything else and you'll get complaints, and no one wants to play on a laggy TV. Put post-its or something on every setup with a number so you can tell people easily where to play their match.

I assume the tournament will be small but if it gets bigger... (75~100 people)

- Name tags are a good idea, people can be identified quickly if their name is called for a match.

- Sometime during the tournament have 1 or 2 people count up and split the pots for each game so that you are ready to pay players when the games end.

- If the venue is big/noisy, buy a megaphone and a shitload of batteries.

- Don't be afraid to disqualify players. Depending on the size you shouldn't wait more than 5 minutes for a player if you don't know where they are. Even if you do know where they are if they are holding poo poo up by leaving to eat or some poo poo just disqualify them.

Streaming is a whole nother thing. First make sure you have a WIRED connection. If it's wireless and you're not Spooky then forget about it. 500k upload at the venue ABSOLUTE minimum, but it will look like dog poo poo. 1mb (megabyte) upload or higher is good. I believe XSplit has come a long way and I think it's still free so that's probably the program you want to use. Wirecast is more stable than anything else I've used by a longshot, though.

If you don't have decent quality headsets or want to spend a lot of money, you're probably going to be using Behringer xm1800s, which means you can't type and talk at the same time without a desk stand. You will also suck dick at commentary because pretty much everyone does, so try to find at least 1 guy that is knowledgeable and can express his thoughts in a coherent manner through voice. If you can, try to always have 2 dudes on the mic, only 1 has to be a good commentator, the other can bounce questions off him and stuff like that.

You'll need a basic mixer with mic inputs which is about 100, I think Macky makes a decent one. If you have a 1/4" TRS jack or RCA inputs on your PC you don't actually need a mixer, you can go cheap mode on monoprice and get some XLR to 1/4" or XLR to RCA mic cables and put them through a cheap 2x TRS/RCA to 1 TRS/RCA adapter and the sound quality will be decent for a starter stream. I'd recommend a mixer though, especially if the venue is loud.

eSKAObar
Sep 27, 2003
Ask me about our everyday low prices!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I have multiple setups but one is vastly different than the other (projector vs. TV), I have one 360 with the game and one PS3 with the game, and I have one stick for the 360, and one stick that works with both. I have lots and lots of snacks anyways (I'm a goon, after all)

I'm mostly concerned about getting people to come. I'll have friends helping me make sure everything not bolted to the floor doesn't get stolen, but I'm not sure how I should get the word out (apart from giving out fliers at Gamestop) especially since the only arcade in town closed up recently (Chinatown fair)

There is this place but I've never been:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/next-level-brooklyn-2#query:next%20level%20arcade

Oh yeah definitely check if there's any lag on your setups. You might not see any, but to be sure check this thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sub-1-frame-hdtv-monitor-input-lag-database.145141/

Like 40OZ said, definitely take a trip down to Next Level. Henry Cen runs it and he is a guy that knows a thing or two about tournaments.

Hit up the SRK regional matchmaking subforum to get the word out http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/tournaments-events.96/ Maybe see if you can get in touch with Next Level to see if you can advertise.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up on AIM/steam: eskaobar

EDIT: ooh getting change is a great idea. I also like name tags too. Even if you only have a 16 man bracket (which is a good number for a small apartment), it's good to see who paid and for everyone to get to know each other.
Edit2: wrong links whoops

eSKAObar fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 9, 2012

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

That Which Squeaks posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun/b/304923041 has a nice viper->doom exchange that keeps them in the corner at about 1m40s in.
Playing around with this because I'm running Doom second right now too. MarlinPie goes into a combo with Ls and diagonal airdashes but exchange hit, air dash down forward, flight, MM dash MM dash MM f+H S works too. It's what I'm used to as Doom's post-exchange combo already so it's nice to know that getting all MarlinPie-fancy isn't necessary if I get a side exchange in the corner like that. Can't get much of a follow up off after the S, but the hard knockdown is still nice.

edit: Still using Doom. OTG with s.H (or after the above exchange combo, s.M), dash cancel forward, jump up-forward air throw seems like a trick that may work once. Also on the funny hitboxes topic from last page, doing Doom's midscreen double foot dive loop on Tron sometimes she flies too far after the S to continue the combo or I just suck sometimes and miss it

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 9, 2012

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

PalmTreeFun posted:

Which characters all have weird hitboxes in this game? I know Shuma does, and some of the smaller characters like Joe drop out of some combos, but I'd love to know how I can practice to make sure that I don't end up with no viable BnB's when I'm fighting against a character with a weird hitbox.

Rocket Raccoon has the tiniest hitbox. I have seen Wesker's gunshot OTG go past his head.

Like other people said, Tron and Modok have weird fat hitboxes. Shuma has a weird one. I've had some problems with Deadpool's c.L c.M c.H series against certain characters. The c.M pops them up a little bit and the c.H is a slide so it will miss if they pop up too high. This happens without fail on a standing Magneto (since he's always floating) and happens sometimes on other characters.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Dren posted:

Like other people said, Tron and Modok have weird fat hitboxes.

Oh thank God this is a real thing. I kept missing MODOK with Arthur's OTG fire bottle in training mode and I was afraid it was player error.

Speaking of which, should I use the daggers or the fire bottle on an Arthur/Ammy (Cold Star)/Doom (beam) team?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Groghammer posted:

Oh thank God this is a real thing. I kept missing MODOK with Arthur's OTG fire bottle in training mode and I was afraid it was player error.

Speaking of which, should I use the daggers or the fire bottle on an Arthur/Ammy (Cold Star)/Doom (beam) team?

Ammy is another one with an odd hitbox now that I think about it. I believe the weirdness was that Ammy is the only character in the Vanilla cast that Deadpool can ground throw backwards then be able to connect a katanarama. Something to do with Ammy being longer than the other characters and being thrown differently.

Off the top of my head here are criteria for utility of an assist:
  • Does it OTG?
  • Does it use a wall bounce or ground bounce?
  • Does it hit low or overhead?
  • Does it have any invincibility?
  • Does it have invincibility when used as a crossover counter? If so can you combo after it without using xfactor?
  • Is it active quickly? (I believe the fastest assists are active in around 39 frames)
  • How much blockstun can it cause?
  • Is it a projectile or a physical attack? If it's a physical attack is it likely to get my assist char killed?
  • Is it useful in extending combos on my team?
  • Is it useful for creating mixups?
  • Does it fill some gap in my point character's game? (zoning an area they can't reach, providing defense, providing lockdown so they can get in, providing additional zoning lockdown, etc.)
  • Does it have some other special property? (e.g. Akuma's tatsu nullifies projectiles, Morrigan Ammy and Frank West have meter builders)

I try to choose assists that get as many positives as possible from that list. There are some assists, Wesker's Samurai Edge assist for example, that tick a lot of those boxes (or at least tick some really good ones). Samurai Edge is an OTG, hits low so you can set up unblockables, and is great for extending combos. The invincible Haggar/Tron assists in Vanilla were also amazing assists that ticked a ton of boxes.

Neither of the Arthur assists you mentioned provide much beyond projectile lockdown. I believe the daggers are the better choice there. However, you should experiment. You may find that you like the fire bottle better for certain situations or that it helps you extend combos. One use I can imagine for the fire bottle is calling it as you start an attack string. Arthur would be safe because the opponent is in blockstun and the fire bottle would be well positioned to create further lockdown. Like how Clockwork uses Ammy's Cold Star to give Doom time to do mixups.

Ergoglobe
Dec 13, 2011
I've been thinking of making my own fight stick and would like some input on button layouts.
I found a website ( http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html ) that walked me through the whole process and I feel I can do it myself.
The modified Sega layouts ( the ones that are 2nd player and under ) seem to closely mimic the Madcatz TE layout and is what I plan to go with.
A friend told me that the Hori layout isn't that great, and it seemed too curved for my own liking as well.

Dweller
Sep 6, 2008
Just got linked this on IM and I can't for the life of me work out what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZYsnZ_ucQ&t=37s

Looks like DHCing Hsien-Ko's armour super into Ryu somehow ends up with both characters on screen attempting simultaneous supers? For two meters total?

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Ergoglobe posted:

I've been thinking of making my own fight stick and would like some input on button layouts.
I found a website ( http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html ) that walked me through the whole process and I feel I can do it myself.
The modified Sega layouts ( the ones that are 2nd player and under ) seem to closely mimic the Madcatz TE layout and is what I plan to go with.
A friend told me that the Hori layout isn't that great, and it seemed too curved for my own liking as well.

You may want to bring this to the general fighting game thread.

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Combo question for you guys who are more familiar with all the characters...

I'm really liking UMVC3, but am definitely a casual player when it comes to fighting games (lately I only play against the CPU) and don't really have a lot of time to dedicate to learning the crazy stuff. I also have a horrible memory, so I've been having more fun with characters that have very easy to remember, decent (at least to me) combos like Ammy's c.M + mash H forever, or Hsien Ko's combo from mission mode that basically just alternates between c. and standing across LMH. Very simple and easy to do into the standard air combo and hyper or whatever.

Anyway, my question is if any of you could point me towards other characters with simpler combos like that that I could try out to mix things up a little bit without having to really dig into learning characters and memorizing combos. I've dug around in the guide a bit but it's a lot of information to sift through, and a lot of their combos seem to be focused towards what's best and not what's simplest for casual players.

Flying High
Jan 7, 2010

Skunk Ape posted:

Combo question for you guys who are more familiar with all the characters...

I'm really liking UMVC3, but am definitely a casual player when it comes to fighting games (lately I only play against the CPU) and don't really have a lot of time to dedicate to learning the crazy stuff. I also have a horrible memory, so I've been having more fun with characters that have very easy to remember, decent (at least to me) combos like Ammy's c.M + mash H forever, or Hsien Ko's combo from mission mode that basically just alternates between c. and standing across LMH. Very simple and easy to do into the standard air combo and hyper or whatever.

Anyway, my question is if any of you could point me towards other characters with simpler combos like that that I could try out to mix things up a little bit without having to really dig into learning characters and memorizing combos. I've dug around in the guide a bit but it's a lot of information to sift through, and a lot of their combos seem to be focused towards what's best and not what's simplest for casual players.

Wesker

Edit: All these characters are easy to play: Captain Amercia, Wolverine, Sentinel, Hulk, Nemesis, and Dorm is easy if you can do a dragon punch motion for is OTG into super.

So a team of Hulk, Sentinel, Wesker. All their easy combos are just the magic series + super.

Flying High fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 10, 2012

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

Skunk Ape posted:

Nemesis is a fun character that is pretty simple on the combo end. He is fun, and he does 750k+ on super simple combos, plus the possibility of resets with his command grab. Also he is super fun to play, so even if he isn't the best he is super fun to play!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Flying High posted:

Wesker

Edit: All these characters are easy to play: Captain Amercia, Wolverine, Sentinel, Hulk, Nemesis, and Dorm is easy if you can do a dragon punch motion for is OTG into super.

So a team of Hulk, Sentinel, Wesker. All their easy combos are just the magic series + super.

I'd put Taskmaster in there too, especially since you don't even need the OTG part if you can't do the long combos, just go straight into super! Or better yet, use Wesker with his OTG assist to make extending combos a breeze

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Thanks guys, I'll look into these!

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.
Used to use Thor in vanilla..He's got pretty simple combos too. He's sometimes feels a bit slow and clunky to use, but with good assists backing him up he's really dangerous.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
In case anyone is still having problems with Phoenix players, fubarduck tweeted this earlier:

"I'll make a post on IPlayWinner today explaining the new UMVC3 trick. It really takes away all the fear from fighting Phoenix players."

So you can watch out for that. Frieda, the Japanese Zero player, showed it to him.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
Doomtalk: I've got the footdive loop going okay, but I'm having a lot of trouble with what apparently is referred to as the buktooth loop. I can get the first relaunch just fine, but anything after that just falls right out of my hands, and if I do land it, I can't do much else other than 2 j.M and then the finger super. I know that I can get more damage out of it, I just can't figure out how. Also, my footdive loops are coming just shy of 700k, is that average or am I missing a chunk of damage somewhere?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Max put up a video demonstrating how to plink dash properly a little while ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqNfNarLSEE
I knew that plink dashing existed but I'd misunderstood the technique. Now that I can do it, it's awesome. I can get in through zoning I never would have been able to beat before and keep pressure on people who are holding up-back or super jumping.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else doesn't know how to do it correctly.

Also, I'm practicing a lot more than I'm playing matches and that's helping my game a lot too.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

Doomtalk: I've got the footdive loop going okay, but I'm having a lot of trouble with what apparently is referred to as the buktooth loop. I can get the first relaunch just fine, but anything after that just falls right out of my hands, and if I do land it, I can't do much else other than 2 j.M and then the finger super. I know that I can get more damage out of it, I just can't figure out how. Also, my footdive loops are coming just shy of 700k, is that average or am I missing a chunk of damage somewhere?
Buktooth tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPskuh1yx8

As far as damage goes, I get ~750k ending with s.H Sphere Flame, and I think ~730k ending with air beam, finger lasers.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Dren posted:

Max put up a video demonstrating how to plink dash properly a little while ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqNfNarLSEE
I knew that plink dashing existed but I'd misunderstood the technique. Now that I can do it, it's awesome. I can get in through zoning I never would have been able to beat before and keep pressure on people who are holding up-back or super jumping.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else doesn't know how to do it correctly.

Also, I'm practicing a lot more than I'm playing matches and that's helping my game a lot too.

Thanks for posting that, I don't know how I never knew about this. I always just did the dash crouch dash crouch thing.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

iPodschun posted:

Buktooth tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPskuh1yx8

As far as damage goes, I get ~750k ending with s.H Sphere Flame, and I think ~730k ending with air beam, finger lasers.

Alright then, I had the idea right I just have to practice the timing more. I've been trying to do s.H Sphere Flame after the foot dive loop but I kept being just a split second short. Knowing that I can, though, I'll just have to try to tighten it up some more

YFDHippo
May 2, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Watch some college kids (and their friends) play Marvel 3. http://www.twitch.tv/KOcast/

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

I didn't know Sentinel had a special winquote against Zero.

"Retrieving useful technology" :ironicat:

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I'm practicing Haggar combos, I use cr.H to OTG and call hawkeye's tripple arrow assist at the same time. For reasons I fail to understand this drops randomly, the input display will show that both buttons were hit simultaneously but sometimes it works and sometimes it drops. Even doing this straight out of piledriver it will drop, so hitstun decay isn't the problem. Why the hell is this happening?

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Groghammer posted:

Probably because Zero wins like 9 out of 10 matches against Sentinel.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

(is dropping haggar combos)

How exactly are you dropping them? Does the hawkeye assist come out and hit the opponent right after you do down-H? In my experience, you have to mash out the assist until it comes out then do the OTG.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Flying High posted:

Wesker

Also, Ghost Rider. He's very 1-Dimensional, but he owns that dimension, and tend to be a really good match-up against a lot of the cast. He has one combo that works anywhere: H,H, d-b L, d-f L, d-f super that does about 600K damage.

It can even be simplified into H, H, d-b L, and dragonpunch super. Starting in the air you just tack the jumping S to it.

You can expand it easily to do 700k, and that's basically his go-to BnB.

Everything else about him is learning his different zoning moves and using assists, almost all of which can be converted to his OTG run-you-over-with-a-chopper super.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 11, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

When people are wearing their headphones at tournaments, are they listening to the game audio, or music, or what? Does listening to something on your headphones make a difference or help out in any way?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Usually it's music so they can drown out the crowd/anything distracting.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I can't play with headphones on, I need to hear my button presses >_>

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

When people are wearing their headphones at tournaments, are they listening to the game audio, or music, or what? Does listening to something on your headphones make a difference or help out in any way?
I don't usually listen to music when I play in real life with other people since I like to chat and the game's audio helps my rhythm in some ways, but when I'm doing monotonous drilling of combos and stuff at home I use music to keep myself focused.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Groghammer posted:

My favorite dialogue vs Zero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WxL52aciz2U#t=102s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WxL52aciz2U#t=139s
:allears:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The Spencer alt costume is out now, why in the world is this thread talking about ANYTHING else right now.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

WalrusWhiskers posted:

How exactly are you dropping them? Does the hawkeye assist come out and hit the opponent right after you do down-H? In my experience, you have to mash out the assist until it comes out then do the OTG.

I do the same input every time, hold down and press H and P1 simultaneously. The input display always shows both buttons being hit simultaneously, the OTG always connects but sometimes Hawkeye's arrows just miss.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Rokstar posted:

The Spencer alt costume is out now, why in the world is this thread talking about ANYTHING else right now.

Is it tournament law now that all machines must have the Rad Spencer DLC skin? If I see any lameass dreadlock Spencers at the next EVO i'm gonna be pissed.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I do the same input every time, hold down and press H and P1 simultaneously. The input display always shows both buttons being hit simultaneously, the OTG always connects but sometimes Hawkeye's arrows just miss.

The c.H will start as soon as you hit the button, but the assist comes out when you release the button. Maybe you are varying how long you hold the buttons down slightly?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

The Rokstar posted:

Depend: does anyone react to it, or does he have a unique start or end quote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Is the OTG after a j.S after a launcher? After being hit by the j.S the opponent bounces a bit after hitting the ground for the hard knockdown. You may have to hit them while they're still a little bit in the air. That is, try hitting them with the OTG earlier.

Zero's opening dialogue vs Sent (not that anyone would ever play Sent on point) is something like "Maverick sighted".

• Locked thread