Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Kirk posted:

weeaboo only applies to white ppl that watch anime though and as we all know nothing you say to a white person can hut their feeligns (im not being ironic theres literally no racial term that hurts white ppl)
how about "baka gaijin"

EDIT: this post was already on thin ice and then it :synpa:

Ulf fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
firefly was stupid fun, with interesting continuity

not every scifi show has to be :geno:star trek:geno: dull-boring lets talk to alien ambassidors about ours feeling sheet

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Bedshaped posted:

firefly was stupid fun

yes

quote:

with interesting continuity

no

continuity in firefly amounted to the same as it does in any other joss whedon show: introduce concepts and characters and then completely forget about them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
what the gently caress, if you care about how loving much you hate a TV show literally enough to write all those fuckin words then idk man, maybe you need to look at your life and how you're living it a little closer

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

rotor posted:

what the gently caress, if you care about how loving much you hate a TV show literally enough to write all those fuckin words then idk man, maybe you need to look at your life and how you're living it a little closer

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

rotor posted:

glass houses, rotor

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

NINbuntu 64 posted:

continuity in firefly amounted to the same as it does in any other joss whedon show: introduce concepts and characters and then completely forget about them

it's kind of hard to followup up on the ideas you've introduced when FOX kills you off after fourteen episodes

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

it's kind of hard to followup up on the ideas you've introduced when FOX kills you off after fourteen episodes

if only there was a movie that they could have used as a delivery vehicle for these ideas

oh yeah

instead they introduced new ideas that didnt really go anywhere either and failed to resolve outstanding story elements from the show until two years ago

toby
Dec 4, 2002

rotor posted:

it's pretty easy and quick to write that many words

sorry about your typing speed i guess

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
i've been reading the magicians by grossman but i finally just had to give up. jesus christ. from what i gather the ending is more interesting than the rest of it but i'm not going to bother.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
only good space western was cowboy bebop, firefly was OK but the river storyline was garbage

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ahmeni posted:

only good space western was cowboy bebop, firefly was OK but the river storyline was garbage
what other anime related opinions do you hold?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

ahmeni posted:

Cowboy bebop was horrible anime bullshit sorry.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Amethyst posted:

Cowboy bebop was horrible anime bullshit sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLwjDigdM6k

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
outlaw star was cool when I was in college

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
cowboy bebop was good

a lot of miyazaki's stuff was good

hating on the animation of an entire culture (however hosed said culture may appear to be) based on horrifying fans and even more horrifying pedophiliac shows/movies is like saying you can't enjoy An American Tale because ponytards exist

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that is EXACTLY why i cant enjoy American Tale

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

cowboy bebop was good

good ???!!!!??

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090633/

was the first movie i ever watched

:allears:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

cowboy bebop was good

a lot of miyazaki's stuff was good

hating on the animation of an entire culture (however hosed said culture may appear to be) based on horrifying fans and even more horrifying pedophiliac shows/movies is like saying you can't enjoy An American Tale because ponytards exist

Miyazaki's movies are incredibly good.

Cowboy bebop, however, is standard anime poo poo, complete with creepy upskirt shots and pointless rape scenes

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

Cowboy bebop, however, is standard anime poo poo, complete with creepy upskirt shots and pointless rape scenes

i have a lot of fond memories of hanging out with a friend watching it on adult swim, smoking a weed, playing starcraft on the LAN and admiring faye's boobs

i disremember rapes, are you talking about the movie?

searching for "cowboy bebop rape" just lead me to the fact that there's some creeper poo poo in the movie and that keanu reeves is "raping teh franchise"

and i shouldn't equate miyazaki with bebop, but they both have great music v:downs:v

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

anime ???!!!!??

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Amethyst posted:

lol

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

mods, please do the needful with the anime discussion ITT

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

ahmeni posted:

cowboy bebop struck me more as a space noir-lite when i watched it tbh

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

also yeah there was a rape attempt in the movie and watching it was the most uncomfortable thing ever and it literally added nothing

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

NINbuntu 64 posted:

saying that firefly stole from outlaw star is something that people who only heard of one show and watched the other say. its like those people who claim that the lion king ripped off some anime even though theyre nothing alike

sounds like the same thing that happens when people say deep space nine ripped off babylon 5

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

toby posted:

it's pretty easy and quick to write that many words

sorry about your typing speed i guess

rotor's probably posting with a manual typewriter

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

rotor's probably posting with a manual typewriter

i actually ended up with some super-old olivetti or some poo poo and i sold it for $100. in retrospect i kinda wish i still had it.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

y'all are saying it like it isn't already a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EozwYbMTtS0

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the weird thing was that there was like a dedictated ¢ key but an exclamation point was a ' followed by a backspace and a .

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

rotor posted:

that is EXACTLY why i cant enjoy American Tale

haven't seen it but check out an american tail it's pretty good.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

rotor posted:

the weird thing was that there was like a dedictated ¢ key but an exclamation point was a ' followed by a backspace and a .

Old Corona typewriters don't have '1' on them.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

LP97S posted:

Old Corona typewriters don't have '1' on them.

but ur post histroy does

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

reallyprettymad posted:

but ur post histroy does

holy poo poo

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
:thurman:

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

reallyprettymad posted:

but ur post histroy does

:sbahj:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

reallyprettymad posted:

but ur post histroy does

:holy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
hello 2k unread posts in this thread.

I started reading the Malazan series by Steven Erikson recently and it's pretty good welp cya

• Locked thread