Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
It looks alright - I was hoping for something a little more though and no hatchback is a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Veloster turbo leaked.

201 horsepower / 196 lb-ft of torque
6-Speed manual or automatic transmission
2,800 pounds (up from 2,584 pounds)
27 City / 38 Hwy

I dig it.

edit: deleted picture, bigger ones \/\/

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 9, 2012

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Veloster Turbo has broken embargo, figures are 201hp and 195 lb-ft with weight at 2800lbs.

Not too sure about that bodykit, but I've never seen a Veloster in the metal so can't really comment.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Guys, the Veloster Turbo specs just leaked.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
that new dart would look pretty drat good in a hatchback. I like where they're going with the crosshair grille, it looks much better than it used to.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

How did a turbo and some plastic add 300lbs to the veloster?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

angryhampster posted:

The drivetrain of a car isn't just the engine?

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

angryhampster posted:

If the specs above are correct, it's closer to 200 lbs.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

angryhampster posted:

It didn't - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1109_2012_hyundai_veloster_first_test/viewall.html#ixzz1YWglb1mn

2,741lbs for the US spec non-turbo

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Obviously someone's gotten mixed up with dry and curb weights at some point.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Autoblog eluded that there were more changes than just added power, but that they couldn't share them yet. Beefier suspension bits, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, more supportive seats, stronger transmissions and all the assorted bits that go along with turbocharging, plus the body kit, could easily weigh 300 lbs.

Ingraman
Jul 6, 2005
Arrogant bastard
Some more pictures of the new Ford Fusion. Looks really good, but unfortunately it seems the US isn't getting the wagon:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/ford-mondeo-auf-der-detroit-motor-show-2012-fusion-als-mondeo-vision-1903535.html

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

The moonroof option on the veloster adds like 125lbs or something and I doubt they are offering the turbo version without it, so that may have something to do with it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Is the Jetta hybrid the first OEM hybrid with a turbo? Too bad it's on such a boring car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Is the Jetta hybrid the first OEM hybrid with a turbo? Too bad it's on such a boring car.

A boring hybrid? you don't say!

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Seat Safety Switch posted:

BMW X6 hybrid was a turbo V8 and the 7 series Hybrid was a twin turbo V8. The Cayenne hybrid uses the supercharged V6 from the S4.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
The Cadillac ATS looks great in my opinion. Apparently it's 8" shorter than the CTS so it should be a better competitor of the 3 series and A4. Engine options sound great--the 2.0 liter turbo that makes 270hp is most interesting to me. Here's hoping they make a -V version with maybe a turbo version of the 3.6 liter V6 or hell even just an LS2. Drop about 430hp in that thing and it would really fly.

edit: The fact that they made it around 3400 lbs is impressive for a modern luxury car too. Magnetic suspension is a nice option available too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Speaking of boring family sedans.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/2013-ford-fusion-debuts-along-with-47-mpg-fusion-hybrid-100-mpg/

New fusion/mondeo. It even has a 2 liter ecoboost/awd option.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

The Cadillac ATS looks great in my opinion. Apparently it's 8" shorter than the CTS so it should be a better competitor of the 3 series and A4. Engine options sound great--the 2.0 liter turbo that makes 270hp is most interesting to me. Here's hoping they make a -V version with maybe a turbo version of the 3.6 liter V6 or hell even just an LS2. Drop about 430hp in that thing and it would really fly.

edit: The fact that they made it around 3400 lbs is impressive for a modern luxury car too. Magnetic suspension is a nice option available too.

It looks like the 2.0l is the only one that will have a manual option. I would have thought the V6 should have a manual too. Pretty sure the 3 series has MT available across the board (except for the convertibles maybe but who cares).

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Powershift posted:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/2013-ford-fusion-debuts-along-with-47-mpg-fusion-hybrid-100-mpg/

Ford is just killing it. That thing is sexy and has a lot of good powertrain options.

From what I see on the road, the Fiesta and new Focus are doing really well too. It's hard to imagine this is the same company that was churning out crap like the 500 just a few years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mod sassinator posted:

Ford is just killing it. That thing is sexy and has a lot of good powertrain options.

From what I see on the road, the Fiesta and new Focus are doing really well too. It's hard to imagine this is the same company that was churning out crap like the 500 just a few years ago.

The article says the 2.0 AWD won't be available in a manual. That will be a deal breaker for me.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Yea, I'm pretty sure if I had to pick between that new Fusion, and the Camry/Accord/Altima/etc...It would be Fusion hands down. That is just a goddamn nice looking sedan right there.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
That Aston grill is tits.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

Powershift posted:

I hope they have reworked the base 4cyl transmission a bit, failures abound.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
drat that Veloster turbo looks pretty nice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

It looks like the 2.0l is the only one that will have a manual option. I would have thought the V6 should have a manual too. Pretty sure the 3 series has MT available across the board (except for the convertibles maybe but who cares).

Not in the USA. The 335d is automatic only here.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Via Jalopnik:

Painted into their own corner, Chevy decides to release an upscaled Miata and a more boring Veloster.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The one on the right is a rebadged Eclipse. What the gently caress?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
They're just concepts, but holy jeez are they both uninspired and derivative.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

IOwnCalculus posted:

Not in the USA. The 335d is automatic only here.

All the 35d cars are automatic-only everywhere. Something about the torque destroying clutches.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

:barf:

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/news/detroit-2012-chevrolet-code-130r-concept-coupe/

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.

Matlock posted:

Via Jalopnik:

Painted into their own corner, Chevy decides to release an upscaled Miata and a more boring Veloster.

It's as if the ~2008 Audi came out and every designer liked its angular front airdam, flat-faced fenders and LEDZZ under headlights. Those cues are now on the Toyobaru, Kia Rio, Jetta, new Ford Taurus, concept cars :psyduck:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The only question is, is there space for a LS?! I would drive the poo poo out of a tiny camaro.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

It's ugly but the more little RWD cars out there the better.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The greenhouse on that little coupe thingy looks almost exactly like the greenhouse on a first gen neon coupe to me.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

cheese posted:

It looks alright - I was hoping for something a little more though and no hatchback is a bummer.

Its supposedly in the works according to Allpar along with a wagonish variant and an SRT version, a lot hinges on the success of the sedan.

Being a Mopar fanboy, they really smacked out of the loving park after the Caliber. Lets hope it drives well.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

A5H posted:

The only question is, is there space for a LS?! I would drive the poo poo out of a tiny camaro.

The blurb says the concept has a 1.4l I4, so probably yes.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh poo poo! NSX successor?!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

That shot looks like the horrible offspring of a drunken affair between an RX8 and a Volt. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

A5H posted:

Oh poo poo! NSX successor?!

Heh, expect a four cylinder hybrid or weighing 3800 lbs or some poo poo.