Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

FitFortDanga posted:

I think it's funny, but trying to explain funny is a lost cause.

Well yeah, humour IS a pretty personal thing. I'm not going to complain at anyone that finds her funny but she just does nothing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Tig was great on this week's Never Not Funny :rms:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Transfatuation posted:

Tig was great on this week's Never Not Funny :rms:

Not to stir up that "issue" again, but that episode of NNF really turned me around on her comedy (or at least her storytelling).

Edit: for the better, that is.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 3, 2012

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
What a couple of insufferable bores on Judge John Hodgman today

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Riptor posted:

What a couple of insufferable bores on Judge John Hodgman today

I have a big backlog of Judge John Hodgman thanks to having most of the podcast content being unfunny random people. I wish the callers would step back a little and let him do his thing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I have a big backlog of Judge John Hodgman thanks to having most of the podcast content being unfunny random people. I wish the callers would step back a little and let him do his thing.

Yeah, I feel this way, too. I'm never in a big rush to hear it because of that. The best part of the show is probably when they clear the docket because it's jsut John and Jesse talking and being pretty funny. I almost wish the whole show was like that.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
What the hell is wrong with Pete Holmes? He and his ridiculous "Haaaaaaaaaaaa" laugh almost ruined the last Doug Loves Movies for me.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
"The Sound of Young America" changed its name to "Bullseye"

Worst name change since 'Comedy Death Ray' became 'Comedy Bang Bang'

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

j8910 posted:

"The Sound of Young America" changed its name to "Bullseye"

Worst name change since 'Comedy Death Ray' became 'Comedy Bang Bang'

"Comedy Death Ray" was a good name. Even Terry Gross took a dig at what a terrible name "The Sound of Young America" was.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I dropped a new podcast at the podcastery yesterday for delivery to iPods.

http://loureads.com/2012/01/06/lou-reads-pokemon-vore-discussions-from-the-hungry-pokemon-forum/

Please forgive my poor pronunciation of the Pokemon names.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

Poopy Palpy posted:

"Comedy Death Ray" was a good name. Even Terry Gross took a dig at what a terrible name "The Sound of Young America" was.

I guess for me "Bulleye" just sounds so generic, even if TSoYA sounds dumb it's been around long enough to justify that dumbness.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Even if The Sound of Young America was originally named as a joke, it's gotten increasingly awkward as Jesse has gotten balder and crotchetier.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
ahhh iTunes won't let me download podcasts! "An internal server error occurred." This for all my podcasts, even after I've restarted the computer a couple of times. Ideas?

edit: oops, not all podcasts. Just most of them. Which is even stranger.

dancehall fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 7, 2012

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

j8910 posted:

I guess for me "Bulleye" just sounds so generic, even if TSoYA sounds dumb it's been around long enough to justify that dumbness.

To you, but not to anyone who Jesse is actually interested in justifying the name to. Public radio station managers would frequently reject the show out of hand because of the name and demography the name appealed to (which was quickly becoming "no-one" as a 30 year old was regularly interviewing 40+ year olds claiming it was the sound of "young" America)

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

The_Rob posted:

But what's the point of sitting there and making long winded points about how he is an unfunny rear end in a top hat? Are you just trying to make a point? If so what exactly is the point? Should he stop making the podcast and doing comedy? I don't get why you are coming out and making big long posts about him being an rear end in a top hat. Like you seem really bothered by him.

The long winded posts came after people started making long winded posts defending Maron and making unkind generalizations about people who don't like him.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Todays WTF with Burt Kriesher is really good. I enjoy him on Jay Mohr but Maron really dragged out some great stories from him.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

wafflesnsegways posted:

Even if The Sound of Young America was originally named as a joke, it's gotten increasingly awkward as Jesse has gotten balder and crotchetier.

I like Jesse a lot, but holy gently caress I think he must be in some sort of Creepy Paedophile Lookalike Contest.

Go to his twitter. Apparently he has a mustache now, or at least did in the recent past. :barf:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I decided to give the most recent Stop Podcasting Yourself a go, and it was pretty entertaining the whole way through. I'll be adding it for a few weeks to give it a proper try. Is it normally pretty good?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

King Lou posted:

http://loureads.com/2012/01/06/lou-reads-pokemon-vore-discussions-from-the-hungry-pokemon-forum/

I had to give up listening to this at work less than 5 minutes in. There was no way I'd be able to keep from laughing while hearing about being forced to suck off a Charizard. Strong stuff.

I don't know how you do it, but keep them coming!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

King Lou posted:

Horrifying

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

SpacePig posted:

I decided to give the most recent Stop Podcasting Yourself a go, and it was pretty entertaining the whole way through. I'll be adding it for a few weeks to give it a proper try. Is it normally pretty good?
I haven't listened to the latest, but it is usually a very good show

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

King Lou posted:

This is my favorite episode of Lou Reads.

Woffle fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 10, 2012

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I listened to a few but it became clear to me (although maybe this is supposed to be part of the charm) that people are trying very hard to be funny. And usually when people try to be funny around comedians they make themselves appear very very unfunny.

Nothing Great
Apr 3, 2011

Anyone else not able to download any podcasts lately? Every single one of the 9 I regularly listen to keep giving me a libsyn page with "The information you requested could not be retrieved." Googling that brings up a bunch of posts from around the web circa March of last year, but nothing recent. Everyone else seems to be getting them fine. I even installed iTunes but nothing downloads, I get err = 500. Sent an email to libsyn support, dunno what good it'll do as everyone else seems to download them just fine. Been trying them all off and on since Sunday.

Uhh Yeah Dude
Comedy Bang Bang
Walking the Room
Stop Podcasting Yourself
The Complete Guide to Everything
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
Doug Loves Movies
WTF with Marc Maron
Mohr Stories

None of them work for me. Anyone know of any mirrors, or would be willing to upload some/all of these somewhere, or would that be :filez:?

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Nothing Great posted:

Anyone else not able to download any podcasts lately? Every single one of the 9 I regularly listen to keep giving me a libsyn page with "The information you requested could not be retrieved." Googling that brings up a bunch of posts from around the web circa March of last year, but nothing recent. Everyone else seems to be getting them fine. I even installed iTunes but nothing downloads, I get err = 500. Sent an email to libsyn support, dunno what good it'll do as everyone else seems to download them just fine. Been trying them all off and on since Sunday.

Uhh Yeah Dude
Comedy Bang Bang
Walking the Room
Stop Podcasting Yourself
The Complete Guide to Everything
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
Doug Loves Movies
WTF with Marc Maron
Mohr Stories

None of them work for me. Anyone know of any mirrors, or would be willing to upload some/all of these somewhere, or would that be :filez:?

Yes, see my post above. Still won't work for me. WHAT IS HAPPENING

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
If you go directly to the libsyn website it should work (ie http://comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com/). Maybe give that a go, it could be a problem with whatever you're using to download?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Nothing Great posted:

Comedy Bang Bang
Walking the Room
Mike and Tom Eat Snacks
Doug Loves Movies
WTF with Marc Maron

I subscribe to these and have had no problems downloading them in iTunes.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I also can't dl MBMBaM, TCGTE, Savage Love, The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, The Smartest Man in the World, etc.

working fine: This American Life, The Moth, Back to Work

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

dancehall posted:

I also can't dl MBMBaM, TCGTE, Savage Love, The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe, The Smartest Man in the World, etc.

working fine: This American Life, The Moth, Back to Work

The problem is that you can't connect to libsyn which hosts all of the shows you can't download. So either its your ISP or libsyn is blocking your IP/IP range for some reason (which seems unlikely).

What happens when you visit each of these links:

http://comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com/
http://traffic.libsyn.com/comedydeathrayradio/CBB_139_MAIN_ODENKIRK_HUSKEY.mp3
http://libsyn.com/3/alt-index.php

Try running this in the command line and then copy/pasting the result here:
tracert comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com

(To do this, hit Windows Key + R, type in "cmd", then type that, then right click and hit "Mark", then select the whole thing)

If you're on a home network you should unplug your router and modem for a couple of minutes to reset your connection.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Last week I couldn't download any libsyn hosted podcasts. I tried everything but nothing worked, then I came home from work one day and it was fine.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE posted:

The problem is that you can't connect to libsyn which hosts all of the shows you can't download. So either its your ISP or libsyn is blocking your IP/IP range for some reason (which seems unlikely).

What happens when you visit each of these links:

http://comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com/
http://traffic.libsyn.com/comedydeathrayradio/CBB_139_MAIN_ODENKIRK_HUSKEY.mp3
http://libsyn.com/3/alt-index.php

Try running this in the command line and then copy/pasting the result here:
tracert comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com

(To do this, hit Windows Key + R, type in "cmd", then type that, then right click and hit "Mark", then select the whole thing)

If you're on a home network you should unplug your router and modem for a couple of minutes to reset your connection.

Looks like you're right. In the first link I can read text but the images are broken and can't download any of the mp3s, 2nd one gets an error, third seems to work fine.

quote:

Tracing route to comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com [204.16.242.153]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms <1 ms [network name] [192.168.33.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 36 ms 8 ms 12 ms ip72-219-223-197.dc.dc.cox.net [72.219.223.197]

4 9 ms 13 ms 10 ms mrfddsrj02gex070002.rd.dc.cox.net [68.100.0.145]

5 10 ms 10 ms 9 ms 68.1.4.133
6 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms as20326.ge-0-0-32.ar1.iad1.us.nlayer.net [69.31.
31.30]
7 16 ms 17 ms 16 ms ae24-v1000.agg1.pit1.teraswitch.com [74.118.136.
6]
8 17 ms 17 ms 16 ms 204.16.242.153

Trace complete.

Reset the router and modem but problem persists...

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Yea their poo poo is mad buggy, I have problems pretty often.

Other potential solutions are clearing your browser cache, or downloading the podcasts under a full moon

Vigilantly Vigorous
Jun 23, 2007
How delightful...
I listen to most of the comedy podcasts that are popular here on SA. I got a $15 itunes gift card and I want to blow it on some premium content. Unfortunately the Who Charted premium content isn't available via itunes.

Anyone have any recommendations? I picked up a bunch of the Benson Interruption and DLM premium episodes.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Vigilantly Vigorous posted:

I listen to most of the comedy podcasts that are popular here on SA. I got a $15 itunes gift card and I want to blow it on some premium content. Unfortunately the Who Charted premium content isn't available via itunes.

Anyone have any recommendations? I picked up a bunch of the Benson Interruption and DLM premium episodes.

The Who Charted? stuff isn't on iTunes, but the CBB Bumbershoot episodes are. If you enjoy Paul F. Tompkins/Andy Daly recurring characters, you'll enjoy it.

That's pretty much all the premium content I've purchased, save some NNF episodes. :)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Did I miss an announcement about there not being a new MBMBaM this week or something? I'm out of podcasts for the week until Improv4Humans updates.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

SpacePig posted:

Did I miss an announcement about there not being a new MBMBaM this week or something? I'm out of podcasts for the week until Improv4Humans updates.

MBMBaM twitter posted:

Hello dear friends, we're heartbroken to say there won't be a new #MBMBaM this week. We still love you, we hope it's mutual.

I didn't mind them skipping a week when I was going through from the start but now that I'm caught up :(

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Red_Museum posted:

I didn't mind them skipping a week when I was going through from the start but now that I'm caught up :(

Oh. Hm. Maybe they're not getting enough questions, or maybe not enough Money Zone donations. Well, whatever. I'll just listen to some old SuperEgo episodes or something.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
Justin made a post on Sunday night about Skype crashing and causing them to lose a recording. I'm assuming it's related to the late schedule.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Justin made a post on Sunday night about Skype crashing and causing them to lose a recording. I'm assuming it's related to the late schedule.

Yea there was also some monday tweet going from one of them saying like 'we're trying to get it uploaded maybe tomorrow', so obviously technical issues rather than moneyzone/question drought, which is the better option!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Sucks to hear the whole show was lost. Though, that means this is the perfect time for you guys who don't listen to Uhh Yeah Dude to check them out. They're very much in the vein of MBMBAM but cover sort of under the radar pop culture/"what's hosed up now" stories.

• Locked thread