Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Got the 1st certification today. Let the year of the certification begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Nothing in the world is better than a massive poo poo after days of constipation.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
UnfurledSails: I agree.

More reasons why today is awesome:
- I got a MacBook Pro for my birthday! (it's an oldie actually) I now feel like one of those wealthy privileged first world college students.
- Call from boyfriend. :) Only two days before New York trip!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feeling even more confident today, and even a bit optimistic!

Paul Scholes. And this Tim Tebow fellow.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I got in a shipment from Amazon that I ordered with Christmas gift cards. Nine new books just waiting for me to read them, it's a wonderful feeling.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
Working all day in a freezer while the rest of the state suffers a massive heatwave and my housemates are stuck at home without aircon. :smug:

Rabidsamba
Sep 1, 2011
I just moved back into my dorm today and as I was unpacking my food I noticed a bag of mini chocolate bars that my mom had hidden under all the other stuff. Thanks mom. :3:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I slept in and had a great night's sleep.

I found out that At the Drive-In is getting back together and touring this summer.

My roommates have been out of town for about a week now so I've had the entire house to myself. I've been lounging around in my underoos, playing video games and eating frosted flakes all morning.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Rabidsamba posted:

I just moved back into my dorm today and as I was unpacking my food I noticed a bag of mini chocolate bars that my mom had hidden under all the other stuff. Thanks mom. :3:
Sneak Mom gifts never stop being awesome :3:

My roommates had a bunch of people over last night to watch Contagion and drink, and the hot friend of my roommate's sister and I spent the entire movie making our own Rifftrax.

She dragged me down to the beach until 3am under a full moon to run around in the sand, drink some more, talk and cuddle. We hit it off and are hanging out again tomorrow night :D

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I got an interview this week for a job with a company that does layout and editing for different newspapers, so I may be able to leave Starbucks!

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Apparently, I was supposed to die on Saturday. The FBI foiled a terrorist plot here in Tampa, and it appears that the intended target was the bar I was at that night. Here's the affidavit which states that after purchasing an assault rifle, uzis, grenades, a carbomb and a suicide vest from an undercover agent (all items were secretly inoperable) his stated target was an unnamed Irish pub with all night music. There are only three Irish pubs in that area. Only two have live music. Only one is consistently packed on Saturday nights. That's where I was. I'm alive. My day is awesome.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Jan 9 2012
- Today is awesome because Reset Smith is alive. Thank you, FBI.
- Also, I just discovered that my new (really, old) computer has a microphone, which means I can embarrass the internet with my pathetic attempts at skaldry. :)

EDIT: My recitation of Jabberwocky is embarrassing. It appears that my microphone is very sensitive because it picked up my phone ringing mid-recitation from across the room.

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Jan 10, 2012

Crotchbat
Aug 11, 2003

Flied Lice?

Beastie posted:

I found out that At the Drive-In is getting back together and touring this summer.

This and Refused as well. Too bad Coachella is on the other side of the country.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

theHUNGERian posted:

Yesterday was awesome because I got a job offer at a nice University in an amazing research group. The pay is 50% more than what I was expecting, and it's not a trap. I would have considered the position even without the extra pay.

And today, I got a second job offer. I was really hoping I would get this one, though the one Friday was also a very good offer. Even though I am sick with the flu, I feel pretty good right now. drat am I happy to have two awesome offers. drat!

I'll have a really tough time explaining to one why I chose the other. :smith:

ghosts on the moon
Apr 24, 2010
Handing in my resignation went so much more smoothly than the tense confrontation I had anticipated. It ended on a really positive note and I spent the rest of the day happily working away.

And then I finished Portal 2!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 10 2012
- The day has just started and already reading about a very generous superhero appearing in Beijing made my day.
- This is also the day that I'll be hanging out with my friends in New York, so I will be looking forward to that. I hope I don't get tired!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I found a Pravana distributor on my city!

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
I'd found out that didn't have to pay extra fees for university as my debt was already cleared, got a Distinction for my printmaking class and I bought two Jane Austen novels that were $6 each at a rather expensive department store. And my family got me a Simpsons coffee mug for passing my uni semester.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My crazy Chinese professor from last semester got replaced for the second semester of the class! :toot:

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

Reset_Smith posted:

Apparently, I was supposed to die on Saturday. The FBI foiled a terrorist plot here in Tampa, and it appears that the intended target was the bar I was at that night. Here's the affidavit which states that after purchasing an assault rifle, uzis, grenades, a carbomb and a suicide vest from an undercover agent (all items were secretly inoperable) his stated target was an unnamed Irish pub with all night music. There are only three Irish pubs in that area. Only two have live music. Only one is consistently packed on Saturday nights. That's where I was. I'm alive. My day is awesome.

High five near-death buddy.

Yesterday I almost got rammed by a propane tanker who had been going around a blind curve going at least 65 mph in a 45 commercial zone (about to change to 30 mph, too, right before the stoplight) and of course he was not paying attention to the road either. He wound up tailgating me, then just like that he was on my rear end - I think he even scraped my trailer hitch a little. I'm a great defensive driver so I was able to swerve and avoid him by gunning it into the parking spot I was aiming for anyway. He braked so hard to avoid killing me, he left most of his tires on the asphalt and his truck stalled. It smelled like the Springfield Tire Fire.

Two people were outside watching the whole thing. Then they invited me into their shop and gave me stuff because apparently I acted like this poo poo happens to me every day. (It doesn't, but strange poo poo happens to me every single day, so this is not exactly out of the ordinary.)

Today it is snowing, and I have hot chocolate to drink instead of 3rd degree burns over my entire body, which is pretty cool.

AltoidsAddict has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Jan 11, 2012

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
I managed to get the books I need for my college classes this semester without there being an issue with my class schedule/financial aid.

This is a first, believe it or not. It's just so easy, I almost feel like I didn't even buy anything.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I've finished the final draft of a play I've been writing for an amateur group which is going to put it on to raise money for charity and, for the very first time in my life, I'm truly happy with something I've written. It's taken me nearly a year to write it, but I'm actually proud of myself. It's a whole new feeling for me.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Watching the amazing YouTube video "Spongebob Voice Actors Dub Classic Movies." I'm not connected with its making in any way; a friend posted the link and it was the greatest four minutes of my day.

May 1, 2008

ಠ_ಠ
So glad to finally be home for a couple days.

Danny Bro Pty Ltd
Sep 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I have nothing to do till the finals for summer semester. Hell yeah!

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
I ordered nitrile gloves from a lab supply company a while back and they sent me a package today filled with free stuff! I got a beaker mug, a usb stick and a notebook with a metal cover. It was such a pleasant surprise, it really made my day.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 11 2012
- My forum's bursting with popularity.

Jan 12 2012
- I didn't have to ban anybody today! Nope
- Killed my second dragon in Skyrim and found that drat isle Ulfric's boyfriend was talking about. I feel like I'm getting somewhere!
- My cat went to the vet today and it turns out she merely has an infection which can be treated with antibiotics (and the antibiotics are working!). In a week she should get better.

Lady of the Beech has a new favorite as of 08:27 on Jan 13, 2012

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got my fat rear end out of bed and went to the gym, and while the droves of people who signed up as a New Years resolution do annoy me, the thought that I'll still be there, keeping at it after they quit makes me feel good.

And I didn't even have to use my AK. Today was a good day. :)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I have a second job again!

(I work in a lab on campus and since I just graduated, the boss had to jump through some hoops to keep me around, which he kind of forgot to do until reminded.)

Also I got officially accepted into mortuary school, and will go up on Sunday the 22nd to look at houses with my future roommate!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

Also I got officially accepted into mortuary school, and will go up on Sunday the 22nd to look at houses with my future roommate!

There's a joke in there somewhere.

My day was pretty sweet. I read the introduction to my literary analysis class and a lot of it is about the history of English literature. It's fascinating and I'm really looking forward to the class now. I also got Dune from the library. :hellyeah:

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Twelve hours in a recording studio every day for the next week. :dance:

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
- I work at a drive-thru restaurant taking orders. A woman stopped me at the pick-up window to tell me I have a wonderful voice and that I should do "commercials or something." Kinda crazy but random compliments are always nice. :3:

- Coincidentally, karaoke night tonight.

- Some random guy on youtube is going to send me the mythical fifth demo track from a local band that broke up many years ago. Me and my friend had written off its existence, you see. There were five demo songs and he only uploaded four of them to last.fm, and lost the fifth file. This is a fairly momentous occasion.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I booked my tickets to go to Cardiff, Wales for the Doctor Who Convention in March :)

edit: I live in the US and this'll be my first time out of the country since I was a 5

Mustached5thGrader has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Jan 13, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Today is awesome because this lovely lovely work week is finally over. gently caress snow. gently caress all the assholes in St. Louis that freak the gently caress out over an inch of snow and forget how to drive. And gently caress having to go into work at 5 am to shovel snow and salt the sidewalks.

edit: Today is also awesome because the Rams finally have a legit head coach, Jeff Fisher decided to come to STL.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Jan 13, 2012

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I hosed around all morning at work, then spectacularly threw everything together that I needed to get done within an hour before lunch, and I've been pulling kick-rear end solutions to problems right out of my rear end as soon as they come up since then. After work, I'll finally pick up my guitar that UPS has been trying to deliver for the entire week (I hope it's not trashed...), and we're having friends over tonight for a movie! Good start to the weekend. Also I just saw a video of a dog jamming to some acoustic guitar.

Arc Rectifier
Mar 25, 2007

Because AC won't rectify itself.
Got proof of not being pregnant. gently caress YES. Also, spent the day with a dear friend of mine at the aquarium, looking at bats and fish and birds and frogs and rays and sharks and anemones and jellyfish, plus got to go buy superb cheese at the Obnoxious Rich People Grocery Store.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

On vacation. Went to the Mystic Aquarium where I became pals with a beluga.

Have tickets for Patriots-Broncos tonight, and if I don't freeze to death in Gillette I'm heading to Mohegan Sun the next morning for the night!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Jan 13 2012
- Had to get rid of a loud and problematic poster today. At first I wasn't sure if I should do it, but since she showed no signs of wanting to chill I decided might as well. Now I'm kind of enjoying the peace and quiet.
- Made some progress in Skyrim. I'm really enjoying this game.
- Caught up on a series I haven't watched in a while. Man it's addicting.

Jan 14 2012
- My cat is eating on her own again, and I didn't even have to break out the tuna. She's getting a lot better.

I'm kind of slipping when it comes to my daily posts.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Lady of the Beech posted:

I'm kind of slipping when it comes to my daily posts.

When you don't have to think about a reason you're happy it just means you're doing ok. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE
I got my gpa back finally for my first semester of university and it's a 3.5 (out of 4) average :)