Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Are you assuming theyre just going to hold still and not shoot back at them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I just installed the game adn joined joker, and within 1minute I was kicked by punkbuster but it didn't give a reason?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Are you a punk?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The version of punkbuster that comes with the APB client download is out of date. I had the same issue after I reinstalled APB on this laptop until I visited http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-apb.php and downloaded the manual updater.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Great Beer posted:

Are you assuming theyre just going to hold still and not shoot back at them?

No, I'm assuming any of the 2 (osmaw or obeya) that I previously mentioned will utterly shut down any LMG on a car roof if they're doing it right. An ALIG or Shaw will never out shoot an obeya at 60+ meters and the osmaw takes an intercept to get on top of them before any LMG damage will be able to stop the car.

Unrelated note - I made another silly video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVlbYEmHp4k&feature=youtu.be

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
We made another gimmick.

Something Lawful: Special Victims Unit

http://www.lessthanthreelovesyou.com/svu/

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
More vidjas!

Highly suggest this one over all my previous:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLN5H8aG3-M&

Tricks with the packer vaquero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUeOsDEfKo&

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

:aaa::fh:

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
Wow that is amazing stuff. I watched a lot of your other videos too. Would you mind explaining how you do that flip trick with the vaquero?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

keeb posted:

Wow that is amazing stuff. I watched a lot of your other videos too. Would you mind explaining how you do that flip trick with the vaquero?

He's basically got nitro 3, and is using it and hitting reverse at the same time. Not sure how he gets up on his nose though.

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
I've been trying it and can't reproduce it at all. I can do a super nose wheelie a couple times by reverseing + tapping handbrake while nossing, but can't stall it out.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
It was the result of a bug with nitro. You can't reproduce it currently.

Finally ascended to APB jesus mode.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Secret Sweater posted:

More vidjas!

That spazzing out van thing happened to me the other day when I rolled up to grab a hold-the-briefcase item. Jumped out for the case, van bounced for a moment, blew up, and we lost.

Also, was the vehicle glitch a few months ago? I remember that and particularly that ambulances were hilarious to drive. Reverse sent them flying into the air.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Nah, the Vaquero is insanely sensitive to the slightest District problem. I went days without finding a drivable district, drop five ten server frames and going from 0-60 will be a helluva challenge.

Then I bought a two slot Vegas by accident. Now the problem is not dying.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

ack! posted:

That spazzing out van thing happened to me the other day when I rolled up to grab a hold-the-briefcase item. Jumped out for the case, van bounced for a moment, blew up, and we lost.

Also, was the vehicle glitch a few months ago? I remember that and particularly that ambulances were hilarious to drive. Reverse sent them flying into the air.

The low FPS glitch? That was hilarious. They should bring it back for april fools or something. Actually messing with the physics for april fools is exactly what they NEED to do.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

After months of not playing APB for more than a couple of hours, I tried out Fight Club. This is fantastic, its exactly what APB needed to be in the beginning. Its only downside is the lack of standings gain while playing.

niff
Jul 4, 2010
any nzers/australians playing this on american servers? if there isn't any IP blocking or anything, how is the latency?

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
The game seemed to get alot better when I bought a gun that wasn't a pile of pure poo poo. I didn't even have to get a armas gun, just an Obeya. It sucks that they're still pulling this "only have it for 10 days" thing when armas people get permanent guns, but iv'e already made enough to buy it back any time.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Has anyone gotten one of the try before you buy weapons or is that a premium only thing?

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Goofballs posted:

Has anyone gotten one of the try before you buy weapons or is that a premium only thing?

I tried it. It's leased to you for 30 minutes. If you stay in one district and keep the weapon equipped, you can keep on using it until you leave. I tried it the day they announced it and it was only the silenced FBW.

edit: I'm not premium.

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 10, 2012

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Captain Swing posted:

I tried it. It's leased to you for 30 minutes. If you stay in one district and keep the weapon equipped, you can keep on using it until you leave. I tried it the day they announced it and it was only the silenced FBW.

edit: I'm not premium.

Premium gets a 3 hour trial.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I thought it was 1 hour without premium.

hopefully the CSG comes up, I really want to try it, but really don't want to get it and have turn out to be not much better than the JG.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Secret Sweater posted:

I thought it was 1 hour without premium.

hopefully the CSG comes up, I really want to try it, but really don't want to get it and have turn out to be not much better than the JG.

Regardless, don't leave the district at all and don't change secondary and it's infinite.

In other news I have been ~earning money with my new HTC Vivid~ through dumb gay hoop-jumping apps that none of you would be interested in, and have ordered the APB:R retail box from Amazon. Check for my post about it in about 2 weeks when it ships, according to Amazon. :cry:

An Unoriginal Name fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 10, 2012

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

It's important to be aware of your surroundings in this game.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Krowley posted:

It's important to be aware of your surroundings in this game.

Why would they be looking your way when they can be looking at my sexy rear end bunnyhopping towards them with no guns?

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Secret Sweater posted:

More vidjas!

:allears:

Almost makes me want to get the 2 slot vaquero instead of the 2 slot vegas. And I really need to practice with the GL more, as well with the Joker perhaps. Forgive the :effort: but do you play on the west coast or european server?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Try finding a friendly Enf with a Vaq you can try out. The messy physics made me get my two slot Vegas, as dangerous as the G20 is, it's the most drivable of the two if the district server fps is imperfect.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
I drove a lot of cars and bought a bunch, but after all that testing I just went back to my old friend the DOLTON BROADWING with Nitro and Ammo slotted. It never lets me down. Fast enough for me, handles well enough for me, and can take a beating like a motherfucker AND has Battlebots-style Wedge-Shape ownage mode engaged full throttle.

I'm also a big fan of 4-dude capacity.

vvv Well yea, Mikro OP as heck.

Smythe fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 10, 2012

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
I've driven the vaq before but only the 10 day preslotted version, fun ride but wonky physics. On my enf been using a 2 slotted jericho that was gifted to me by another goon. Out of prem I stuck with my 3 slot Broadwing (Ammo/Nitro3/explosives3)

With my crim alt I am absolutely in love with the mikro for its acceleration and handling.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The Mikro is glued to the road and I have only once, after I returned a month ago, managed to flip it in such a way that it would not get back on all four. My Vaquero I have to abandon twice every mission, at the very least.

Broadwing is amazing, great mix of speed and strength, also four doors. With a little care you can gently caress up smaller vehicles and send them flying, but it suffers from a screwed up box so it'll come to a sudden halt for no reason sometimes.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

One time I spent a good 15 minutes driving my mikro around trying to capsize it. I could not. Weird, because I constantly get ciscos stuck on their sides.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

QQmore posted:

:allears:

Almost makes me want to get the 2 slot vaquero instead of the 2 slot vegas. And I really need to practice with the GL more, as well with the Joker perhaps. Forgive the :effort: but do you play on the west coast or european server?

I play on west. I said it before, but I'll say it so people don't go buying vaqueros to do flips... the video was done while districts were bugged and nitro effect was doubled. You can currently only do the stuff I was doing while nos wasn't activated in the video which will be equivalent to having nos activated now. That said, the vaquero is an awesome car for fight club. I've managed to MVP with vehicular manslaughter kills only as a gimmick using it on a full server.

I'd hold off on buying 2 slot cars for now if you have a lot of money. 4 slot cars will be out for 1m.

rumor mill has this patch today(?) as the release of the design contest, elf killing rewards as well as IP and/or HWID bans for hackers.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

niff posted:

any nzers/australians playing this on american servers? if there isn't any IP blocking or anything, how is the latency?

There's a few in my clan/group/friends list on the West server from that area who do pretty well. Also a few from Japan and Taiwan. They have anywhere from 150 to 300ms latency.

Had my first almost infinite overtime the other day when 3 of us Gold r195 got put against a bunch of Ts and Greens. Last stage was a defuse the bomb, which we did with a few minutes left. Time ran out and it went into overtime even though the crims didn't get anywhere near it. We farmed for a bit, many quit and new Ts were called in as backup. After about 20 minutes I felt bad and let the guy who'd been trying the longest defuse the bomb.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Can I get an invite into Something Lawful as OfficerSnake? Thanks

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Don't suffer lagspikes while driving dump trucks around, even if you're not griefing it turns out GMs will go N5 and nuke your poo poo if they see it happen to you.

(audio engine seems to be responsible for it, like too many players tracks playing at once? It was like I was back on a dualcore)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 11, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Don't suffer lagspikes while driving dump trucks around, even if you're not griefing it turns out GMs will go N5 and nuke your poo poo if they see it happen to you.

Unfortunately I was there when it happened. He turned himself N5, threw a grenade to blow up MrLongair's dumptruck, and then just went back to normal. Seeing stuff like that sucks the fun out of the game.

Also, this happened sometime today:

Filzee, the Big Game Hunter

Captain Swing fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 11, 2012

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Had some fun getting to rooftops that you're not supposed to be able to reach
today.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

(audio engine seems to be responsible for it, like too many players tracks playing at once? It was like I was back on a dualcore)

It's good to see they are actively cracking down on people having fun in an MMO.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp
Ahaha, why would they ban for that in a semi-sandbox fake GTA game? Please don't run your cars into other cars in a open world where everyone can interact with each other to some degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
They don't ban for that. You can't get banned from the game permanently for griefing.

Also he said he blew him up, he didn't ban him.

• Locked thread