Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

BART!

Got a load of wood. She burns good. Got a load of wood.

BART!

Need Mustang parts. I got a car. Car won't start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Djarum posted:

I just looked and I can't find it either. I know someone posted a link to it when the show first started on here though.

I found the RSS feed!

http://www.nickandartie.com/wp-content/podcast/feed.xml

I figured iTunes had to get the podcast through a feed, so there must be one. I added the podcast to iTunes. Then right-clicked on the podcast in iTunes and selected "copy Podcast URL" and there it was.

I've added this to Google Listen on my Android and it works great.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Former Human posted:

BART!

Got a load of wood. She burns good. Got a load of wood.

BART!

Need Mustang parts. I got a car. Car won't start.

BART!

Please play that song. Because when I hear your name, I stroke my schlong.

BART!

I got a deal ya can't miss. I'm selling my grandpa's pants. Because they smell like piss.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

one thing I noticed is whenever comedian talks about another comedian they either hate them or think they are the funniest person.

I seem to recall Artie making a similar observation once...

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
It's I L O V E P E N I S at yahoo.com

Alrighty, that'll work!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
loving hell, I heard 10 seconds of that harraable Little Mikey song about Ronnie's terrible winter poem and now I can't get it out of my head.

It's winterrrrrrrr.... :supaburn:

seafoam
May 21, 2009

Royal
I sure miss Hateman.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

seafoam posted:

I sure miss Hateman.

I want to ask Artie to get Kriegel to say "Lick me you loving coon" but there's no way it would happen on regular radio.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Streebs posted:

BART!

Please play that song. Because when I hear your name, I stroke my schlong.

BART!

I got a deal ya can't miss. I'm selling my grandpa's pants. Because they smell like piss.

I gotcha!

"THE LAST NUMBER TO CALL THIS LINE WAS SIX-SIX-SIX, SIX-SIX-SIX. SIX-SIX, SIX-SIX"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Has anyone noticed that Nick's voice is a lot louder on the podcast than Artie's?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

FogHelmut posted:

Has anyone noticed that Nick's voice is a lot louder on the podcast than Artie's?

I thought the opposite actually. There are times I'm turning up the volume when Nick talks. Then again he does mumble alot.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

prefect posted:

They had a "who do you like most on the show" poll on Howard's Web site once. Artie won handily, and a bunch of people on SFN are convinced that has always bothered Howard and made him treat Artie poorly. Back in the Billy days, there were plenty of callers who would say "Billy is the best thing on the show". And when they'd call to ask about Billy after he left, it always seemed to irritate Howard that somebody else was getting attention.

I think the actual reason is simpler: more money for Billy means less money for Howard, so to hell with that.

I was too young at the time West was on the show so I missed most of that great radio when it aired. It's interesting to hear it now. I was a huge fan of Ren Stimpy back then and really would have flipped my poo poo if I had heard the John K. vs Billy West on Howard show back when I was 11 or 12 when this aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM6Eo-cCgHQ

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Gianthogweed posted:

I was too young at the time West was on the show so I missed most of that great radio when it aired. It's interesting to hear it now. I was a huge fan of Ren Stimpy back then and really would have flipped my poo poo if I had heard the John K. vs Billy West on Howard show back when I was 11 or 12 when this aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM6Eo-cCgHQ

Billy West as Marge Schott all day, every day.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

The shrill and the hate flowing out of him is just amazing. He really is a voice actor, will say anything you throw in front of him. He owns.

Did Gilbert ever drop in when Billy was on the show? I couldn't imagine those two together.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

haljordan posted:

If it wasn't for Stern Spotlight I wouldn't know that the professor on Futurama was John Cardinal O'Connor. I did however know that Zap Brannigan was George Takai Jr.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

I did however know that Zap Brannigan was George Takai Jr.
Zap Brannigan is his Phil Hartman impression. That character was specifically written in mind for Phil Hartman before he was murdered in 1998.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Isn't Billy the voices of Fry, the Professor and Zap? Isn't billy Zoidberg too?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, he does a billion voices. I think he is Scruffy the Janitor too.

I forget sometimes that Phil Hartman was murdered. GOD drat IT!

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

..and Ellyvan the elephant on Disney's "Jungle Junction"! :shobon:

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
"But Mr. Hutz, we won the case"\

"that's alright, the box is empty"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, he does a billion voices. I think he is Scruffy the Janitor too.

http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1297 has 118 credits for Billy for the Futurama TV show. (But not Scruffy. That's Dave Herman: http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1302 -- there's a commentary track where the cast talks about how everybody in the vicinity would come listen to table reads when Dave Herman was involved, because he's the funniest guy ever.)

Another thing: Billy played guitar for Brian Wilson (the Beach Boys guy). That had to have been a terrific honor.

prefect fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 11, 2012

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

The shrill and the hate flowing out of him is just amazing. He really is a voice actor, will say anything you throw in front of him. He owns.

Did Gilbert ever drop in when Billy was on the show? I couldn't imagine those two together.

I thought I saw one YouTube clip with the both of them; I will have to check again when I get home later.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

AxeManiac posted:

I know it's horrible and I'm a horrible person, but when Billy drops an n-bomb while doing his Marge Schott impression, I just totally lose it and I can't stop laughing.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Joe Don Baker posted:

I know it's horrible and I'm a horrible person, but when Billy drops an n-bomb while doing his Marge Schott impression, I just totally lose it and I can't stop laughing.

It's that pause he does on the N sound at the start, then he just cranks it up. Then he just flat out starts yelling it like he is screaming "FREEDOM".

It was amazing. Howard used to do stuff like that himself, but it always came off as this sorta real thing with him. I know it probably isn't but it just sounds that way to me with his older stuff. Like he is just trying to get his foot hold by saying anything offensive.

When Billy does it, you can't imagine him feeling that way and know it is just a joke.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
What did everyone think of Brian Jones on Nick and Artie Tuesday night? I didn't think that I would like them having a third person join them for the whole night, but holy poo poo was I wrong. That guy has a great sense of humor, and his laugh is as infectious as Artie's. A lot of black jokes flying around that room. I haven't listened to Wednesday night's show yet, hopefully they have the same good energy.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I would listen to Artie and Brian Jones talk about Smokey and the Bandit for the whole three hours. I never did hear the last hour, since their excellent technology and engineering person posted the second segment twice on the downloads page.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

I would listen to Artie and Brian Jones talk about Smokey and the Bandit for the whole three hours. I never did hear the last hour, since their excellent technology and engineering person posted the second segment twice on the downloads page.

You can usually just enter the date manually in the URL and it'll download. I think most of the time whoever uploads it just screws up the naming rather than forgetting to put it up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

porkfriedrice posted:

What did everyone think of Brian Jones on Nick and Artie Tuesday night? I didn't think that I would like them having a third person join them for the whole night, but holy poo poo was I wrong. That guy has a great sense of humor, and his laugh is as infectious as Artie's. A lot of black jokes flying around that room. I haven't listened to Wednesday night's show yet, hopefully they have the same good energy.

I came right to this thread to post basically this. I hope his CBS gig fires him or whatever and he can be a regular, he was loving hysterical. I felt like Nick felt a little resentment towards him because of how often Artie would just go on an endless tear about movies without him most of the time.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 12, 2012

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

I came right to this thread to post basically this. I hope his CBS gig fires him or whatever and he can be a regular, he was loving hysterical. I felt like Nick felt a little resentment towards him because of how often Artie would just go on an endless tear about movies without him most of the time.

That's Rick's fault for not being a Smokey and the Bandit fan. He could have joined in had he been more adequately versed in American cinema classics.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I got my belated Christmas gift today from my brother - a North Shore Animal League calendar. Does anyone else have one? Looking at it up close, the Photoshop is even worse. He ran filters over everything - it's terrible!

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Kelly posted:

I got my belated Christmas gift today from my brother - a North Shore Animal League calendar. Does anyone else have one? Looking at it up close, the Photoshop is even worse. He ran filters over everything - it's terrible!

A friend of mine has one in his office. The editing is about on par with a child doing their science project on the bus on the way to school.

Haven't listened to the show in a while, did anyone ever bring up them being terrible, or is that just my opinion, man, which I'm certainly entitled to.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

bisticles posted:

A friend of mine has one in his office. The editing is about on par with a child doing their science project on the bus on the way to school.

Haven't listened to the show in a while, did anyone ever bring up them being terrible, or is that just my opinion, man, which I'm certainly entitled to.

I should note, I live in NJ and it was delivered like this:

New York> Jersey> Maryland> Jersey again> North Carolina> Jersey again, where it sat for two full days> Delivered. So strange.

It really does look a fright. I don't recall it being brought up, but I listen a lot less than I used to.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It was never spoken of again after the break, and the 3 callers that are allowed past the screeners would never mention it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

bisticles posted:

I think it was pretty much why SFN was shut down for a "redesign"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

I think it was pretty much why SFN was shut down for a "redesign"

That was definitely the top topic, surviving a few extended threads being deleted.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I've never spent any time on SFN, but I'm browsing through some threads and its like 80% people who hate Howard/make really sarcastic jokes about his work ethic. Is this how its always been?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

I've never spent any time on SFN, but I'm browsing through some threads and its like 80% people who hate Howard/make really sarcastic jokes about his work ethic. Is this how its always been?

If it is anything like the rest of the internet, 90% of it is full of idiots doing dumb poo poo, but the other %10 is pretty funny photoshops and stuff.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Americas_Got_Talent

If you live near LA or San Francisco you may want to click that link to be in the audience for Americas Got Talent

Just nabbed two in San Francisco

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

-Atom- posted:

http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Americas_Got_Talent

If you live near LA or San Francisco you may want to click that link to be in the audience for Americas Got Talent

Just nabbed two in San Francisco

so it's not airing until the summer though?

PS, I'd love to go if I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

so it's not airing until the summer though?

PS, I'd love to go if I could.

It sounds like they are changing the vacation schedule around during so he is going to be off one week he isn't normally so they can film. And he is going to be traveling during this too...maybe someone else recalls but it sounds like he is going to be off for the length of their filming the out of state parts with the exception of one week.

I guess they'll make up that one week somewhere else - perhaps take it at a different point in the summer for the live parts? It was a little confusing when he explained it, I suspect on purpose. Doubt he wants to be called to the carpet for taking another week in the summer, even if he makes it up elsewhere that is a lot of time off in one block.