Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The glorious return of Hussie's masterpiece, Wizardology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

First the peppy and cheerful gray-font troll, now this graphic horse vs. cat violence :catstare: This timeline is definitely all mixed up!

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
"He tends to get carried away with his projects"

Yeah, Bro is pretty much Hussie straight up.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/79135/nsfwizardology for the uninitiated, keeping opening the spoiler boxes in the OP.

Truly Husssie's finest work.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
Oh good goddamn the Pony Pals update . . .

[Also totally called it on the Sassacre's killing Jaspers, holla!]

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
"Sounds like the product of speech impediment by imbecile" is obvious, but is "Anna" being a good name for Jane a reference from something?

Fake edit: Oh. Nanna.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Well I haven't laughed that hard at an update in a while. (Vile slurs omitted.)

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

That update was the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

If I was at all inclined to buy a new SA name, The City of Pawnee,Indiana would be it.

Though I would feel obligated to role play as a steadfast pony enthusiast.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You should feel obligated to watch the best show on Television, Parks and Recreation, instead.

You know since that's what a lot of these jokes are referencing

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

A good poster back on November 15th posted:

Maybe Lil' Bro defaced the pages of that pony book like Hussie did that copy of Wizardology (a link to that would go to the Penny Arcade forums which seem to be down at the moment, and it's not that safe for work anyway).

Mother. loving. Called it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

D--> I received this novel from a close friend of mine who is
D--> Attune
D--> To my interests
D--> With once glance at the beautiful masterwork that is its cover
D--> I immediately I knew that it w100ld be e%ceptional
D--> I offer my praise to the brilliant author of this piece
D--> No other contemporary wordsmith has managed to quite so fully capture
D--> Neigh
D--> Master the
D--> A100f and noble nature of the galloping hoofbeast
D--> Their powerful legs and STRONG rippling musculature
D--> I

D--> I may need a towel

---------------------

i, uHHHHHH, rEALLY LIKE BEASTS A LOT
i THINK I LIKE THEM BETTER THAN SOME OF MY, uHHHHH, pEERS
hOOF BEASTS LIKE TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE AND BEASTS INSTEAD OF PUSHING THEM OFF CLIFFS AND BREAKING THEIR LEGS }:(
wHEN THERE IS A FIRE AND THE BEASTS ARE IN DANGER, i FELT REALLY CLOSE TO THAT
i RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO EVERYBODY BECAUSE IT REALLY HELPS YOU FEEL, uHHHH, REALLY CONFIDENT }:)

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Anna Harley?
Nanna Harley?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Somehow, for some reason, a horse or a horse-associated character is going to knock the poo poo out of the God Cat.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Spellman posted:

Anna Harley?
Nanna Harley?

no he said harley is a dumb name and anna is almost right

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
If I could wish for one thing it would be to see D. Strider's equine magnum opus in its glorious unabridged entirety.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Well, we're now getting 100 pages per day forever. There should be room enough. :v:

(I'd be sorely tempted to make such a "promise" only after keeping my uploading schedule well behind my producing schedule for a few months, just so that I could pretend to deliver on it by dropping my entire backlog on the first day. This kind of thinking is probably why I'm not behind a huge, massively popular project.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.fictiondb.com/author/jeanne-betancourt~detective-pony~276855~b.htm

:stare: It's a real book.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

OmegaZultan posted:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/79135/nsfwizardology for the uninitiated, keeping opening the spoiler boxes in the OP.

Truly Husssie's finest work.

If you've never seen this before, loving look at it.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Not only is it a real book, it's part of a series.

EDIT: unrelated and off-topic addendum. Man, remember when 12-year-olds were expected to read stuff like this instead of Twilight or Hunger Games or whatever?

H.P. Shivcraft fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 11, 2012

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Soooooo I'm guessing these are (edited versions of) the real first two pages of this real book? This is legal, right?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

loquacius posted:

Soooooo I'm guessing these are (edited versions of) the real first two pages of this real book? This is legal, right?

I think it counts as satire... maybe

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Fun fact: this is also an edited passage from a real book. Although admittedly it's more an almost entirely fabricated text with a few bits of the original strewn in.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
Hussie did another edited book as a girft, although this one isn't as good: http://iseenothing.com/tfwf/

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

Legal is such a tricky word

Okay yes actually he got in some trouble for doing this. But just look at it! He made it so much better. Every library has a book full of boring old wizards, but now that one has a wizard book with a Charles Dutton Appreciation Page.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

loquacius posted:

Parody is protected.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Saradiart posted:

Parody is protected.

All I'm saying is that Rifftrax isn't allowed to distribute itself with the actual movie visuals attached, and this is basically a book Rifftrax. v:shobon:v

I mean, don't get me wrong, reading it was by far the most magical experience of my week; I'm just worried Hussie will get sued into the stone age where there are no computers to make webcomics on :ohdear:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

loquacius posted:

All I'm saying is that Rifftrax isn't allowed to distribute itself with the actual movie visuals attached, and this is basically a book Rifftrax. v:shobon:v

I mean, don't get me wrong, reading it was by far the most magical experience of my week; I'm just worried Hussie will get sued into the stone age where there are no computers to make webcomics on :ohdear:

Because Rifftrax contains the entire original movie. This is just two pages. If Rifftrax were to edit a sequence of clips making fun of the movie they could distribute it, like Red Letter Media. If Hussie were to dedicate the next 200 pages to this pony book, he might get in trouble.

Not with me though, I'd love it if he did that.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Oxxidation posted:

Legal is such a tricky word

Okay yes actually he got in some trouble for doing this. But just look at it! He made it so much better. Every library has a book full of boring old wizards, but now that one has a wizard book with a Charles Dutton Appreciation Page.
Huh? What do you mean he actually got in some trouble for doing this?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Saradiart posted:

Parody is protected.

Not to mention that the odds of the owners of the PONY DETECTIVE FRANCHISE both a) noticing this and b) giving enough of a gently caress are infinitesimal.

Doctor Dog
Sep 6, 2008

Doc Uzuki posted:

Not to mention that the odds of the owners of the PONY DETECTIVE FRANCHISE both a) noticing this and b) giving enough of a gently caress are infinitesimal.

Remember when American Greetings got pissed at Penny Arcade for using Strawberry Shortcake? Hell hath no fury like a corporation scorned.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Doc Uzuki posted:

Nonono, it's not the author that will notice. Haven't you learned? Distributers have nothing better to do than to milk artists for all they're worth, throw away the dried up husks when they're done, and then claw savagely at anyone who dares to drink that milk in the wrong way.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

So music chat motivated me to sit down and do some work. I came up with this tune about Aradia's ancestor:

(alternately titled "Someone Call Philip Glass and Tell Him I Just Wrote His Next Piece")

It's about 2/3rds done, and I'm not happy with the mix yet, but I feel pretty good with where it's going so far. It doesn't sound particularly Homestuck-ish, but I'm ok with that.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
We'll that's just a good reason as any to not run the program. Was the explosion in the file, or did Ro-- add it?

Another 84 pages today hussie!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Holey moley today is just not Jane's day

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't remember, were there any ~ATH files in Acts 1-4 or was it strictly a thing introduced first in Hivebent?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
John has a ~ATH book on his shelf and a couple files on his desktop, but we never actually got to see a ~ATH program until Hivebent.

(Blowing up Jane is the new killing John. That's at least three times now.)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Nate RFB posted:

I can't remember, were there any ~ATH files in Acts 1-4 or was it strictly a thing introduced first in Hivebent?

There were a few on John's computer in Act 1, but we never saw their contents.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Nate RFB posted:

Actually, pretty early on.

edit: d-d-d-double beaten

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I just adore how it keeps zooming in on the RoLal text long after it's stopped being dramatic.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
I loving love that cat.