Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

it starts kinda slow but at least it's not 'Enterprise' which i wasn't a big fan of

nobody was a fan of enterprise. it nearly killed off the star trek franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
motherfucker jacked damar's warp core and left him in the middle of nowhere

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

NINbuntu 64 posted:

nobody was a fan of enterprise. it nearly killed off the star trek franchise

Enterprise wasn't that bad after a while, and had some pretty cool episodes. Knock it off.

Also you can't nearly kill off a franchise after voyager actually killed it.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

FEMA summer camp posted:

Enterprise wasn't that bad after a while, and had some pretty cool episodes. Knock it off.

Also you can't nearly kill off a franchise after voyager actually killed it.

enterprise was a steaming pile and had episodes that were complete poo poo to mediocre until the last season when they went "hey, lets make the show about something!" and started making consistently mediocre episodes

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVov6NJU2tk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVov6NJU2tk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tried to put up with enterprise but knew it and my trek fandom was doomed in season 3 when they somehow managed to make the theme music even gayer

fortunately this means I missed the big gently caress you holodeck ending

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
the saddest thing about the star trek reboot is that they didn't cast charlie murphy as spock

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Woz My Neg rear end posted:

fortunately this means I missed the big gently caress you holodeck ending

oh man

oh man it was good

fat riker, thin riker, fat riker, thin riker

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Kirk posted:

oh man

oh man it was good

fat riker, thin riker, fat riker, thin riker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16bIFboKmc

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bedshaped posted:

actor who plays a "dumb meathead" character turns out to be a conservative shitwad

:am:

see also: jerry doyle, dwight schultz

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

don't compare that goofball poo poo to pegasus :colbert:

and keep your chins up you scoliotic bastard

mad about these frakes

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

wth do people get these cameras that are 100x10000

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they have really bad cell phones

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
I only saw the first and last episodes of enterprise so to me the riker thing wasn't a big deal, really.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
what does Riker have to do with enterprise? He was in TNG dumbass. Jeez.

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
yeah, I don't remember Riker being in Enterprise

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

LooseChanj posted:

yeah, I don't remember Riker being in Enterprise

he was in the last episode. he revealed everything was a holodeck simulation of the actual events and then went to a conference

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

NINbuntu 64 posted:

he was in the last episode. he revealed everything was a holodeck simulation of the actual events and then went to a conference

why

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sticky wizard posted:

why

rick berman

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

sticky wizard posted:

why

because enterprise was terrible

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i'm pretty sure the last episode of enterprise was captain tim allen showing aliens that lying is real

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

i'm pretty sure the last episode of enterprise was captain tim allen showing aliens that lying is real

no that was the last movie with the TOS cast

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

NINbuntu 64 posted:

because enterprise was terrible

ive only seen one episode

the enterprise was flying through space and found a ship where the crew was gettin its organs and poo poo harvested then another ship came to take the organs of the enterprise and the original ship. then a 4th ship showed up that was friends with the ship whos organs were getting harvested while the 3rd ship was trying to take the organs enterprise people. so the 4th ship started shooting the enterprise cuz they thought that the enterprise was tryin to take the organs from their friends and there was a plot about some person who was unsure about her skills as an interpreter and idk i didnt even finish the episode

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
ok so i'm gonna get a little ( a lot ) gay

the last ep of enterprise dealt with the founding of the federation, an event that captain JONATHAN ARCHER was going to deliver the keynote speech and it's this huge historical event and this speech was so incredible that it shook the foundations of the entire quadrant etc etc white people yaaaay

anyway

as the enterprise is scooting around trying to get ready, it's revealed that this is all just a simulation of the historic event that's being run on the Enterprise-D (the TNG enterprise) by riker! riker is pretending to the ship cook on the original enterprise so that he can enjoy a first hand experience of this historical time. why is riker doing this? well he needs some inspiration and some moral guidance, because this is all actually happening at the same time as the TNG Season 7 episode "The Pegasus".

so in The Pegasus Riker's old captain (who is now an admiral) shows up and tells picard and co. that they need to salvage a very special federation ship that was presumed lost. it was lost because they were doing experiments with an ILLEGAL PHASED CLOAKING DEVICE (it cloaks AND you can go through solid matter easy peasy japanesy), but nobody except riker and the admiral know about it. riker is having a moral dilemma about following orders and doing whats right (revealing the illegal plot)

ps its illegal because the federation signed a treaty that prohibits them from researching or developing any sort of cloaking technology

ok so riker needs moral guidance so he goes into the holodeck to relive the FOUNDING OF THE FEDERATION and he chats with all the original enterprise crew members etc

finally he's had enough and decides he can make his decision, so troi walks onto the holodeck and is like "eyyy wanna gently caress" and they leave the holodeck

they leave the holodeck before captain archer delivers his super famous speech

the speech that everyone has been jizzing over, you never see it

also, this was the final episode of enterprise. they brought in a ringer from TNG to finish up their show. thats fuckin sad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah but it was really really loving funny

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Kirk posted:

ok so i'm gonna get a little ( a lot ) gay

the last ep of enterprise dealt with the founding of the federation, an event that captain JONATHAN ARCHER was going to deliver the keynote speech and it's this huge historical event and this speech was so incredible that it shook the foundations of the entire quadrant etc etc white people yaaaay

anyway

as the enterprise is scooting around trying to get ready, it's revealed that this is all just a simulation of the historic event that's being run on the Enterprise-D (the TNG enterprise) by riker! riker is pretending to the ship cook on the original enterprise so that he can enjoy a first hand experience of this historical time. why is riker doing this? well he needs some inspiration and some moral guidance, because this is all actually happening at the same time as the TNG Season 7 episode "The Pegasus".

so in The Pegasus Riker's old captain (who is now an admiral) shows up and tells picard and co. that they need to salvage a very special federation ship that was presumed lost. it was lost because they were doing experiments with an ILLEGAL PHASED CLOAKING DEVICE (it cloaks AND you can go through solid matter easy peasy japanesy), but nobody except riker and the admiral know about it. riker is having a moral dilemma about following orders and doing whats right (revealing the illegal plot)

ps its illegal because the federation signed a treaty that prohibits them from researching or developing any sort of cloaking technology

ok so riker needs moral guidance so he goes into the holodeck to relive the FOUNDING OF THE FEDERATION and he chats with all the original enterprise crew members etc

finally he's had enough and decides he can make his decision, so troi walks onto the holodeck and is like "eyyy wanna gently caress" and they leave the holodeck

they leave the holodeck before captain archer delivers his super famous speech

the speech that everyone has been jizzing over, you never see it

also, this was the final episode of enterprise. they brought in a ringer from TNG to finish up their show. thats fuckin sad.

archer gave like five speeches every episode so its not like we really missed out on him giving another loving speech

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

• Rick Berman described this episode as a "valentine to the fans".

lol

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
reminder that rick berman literally developed an alcohol problem and this may (did) have directly impacted the decline of the entire franchise because he stopped giving a gently caress and also got into personality conflicts with the ppl that made trek good and alienated them and their ideas

welp

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yo when is ds9 high def coming out cause i've got all of this money i want to throw at it.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
like, they didn't even TRY to cover up frakes graying beard and hair loss even though this was supposed to take place 10+ years ago

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
speaking of riker. while i was cleaning baby bottle stuff last night I had thine own self playing. troi goes back to the holodeck to redo the engineering test. after she orders holo geordi to die riker comes in and freezes the program. so basically he was keeping track of her using the computer and used his command authorization to get into the holodeck after she started the program. that's kind of weird when you think about it.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Boner Buffet posted:

speaking of riker. while i was cleaning baby bottle stuff last night I had thine own self playing. troi goes back to the holodeck to redo the engineering test. after she orders holo geordi to die riker comes in and freezes the program. so basically he was keeping track of her using the computer and used his command authorization to get into the holodeck after she started the program. that's kind of weird when you think about it.

so i decided to refresh myself

quote:

A separate plot during these events follows Deanna Troi's efforts to become a bridge officer by undergoing a holodeck test of her command abilities under Riker's oversight. Though initially she struggles to save a failing Enterprise from being destroyed by avoiding placing anyone at risk, Riker gives her a subtle hint on a proper outcome, and Troi manages to pass the test when she orders Geordi to sacrifice himself to save the rest of the crew. Troi is promoted to Commander after successfully passing the test.

sometimes i forget she was actually in starfleet

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

Shaggar posted:

yo when is ds9 high def coming out cause i've got all of this money i want to throw at it.

my concern is that in HD you'll see all the shortcuts they took with the set design because 1990s TVs and the illusion will be destroyed

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Boner Buffet posted:

my concern is that in HD you'll see all the shortcuts they took with the set design because 1990s TVs and the illusion will be destroyed

in the dvd releases (which look miles better than the broadcast) theyre barely noticeable but in the voyager releases, holy poo poo.

poo poo looks worse than TNG when it came to the sets.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
troi getting promoted in that episode is like someone getting an honorary degree from a college and then prominently hanging it on their wall.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ds9 was a pretty good lookin show if theres anything that glaring i bet they can just cg over it

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

NINbuntu 64 posted:

sometimes i forget she was actually in starfleet

betazoids were actually extremely valuable because they're loving telepaths and give the federation an enormous advantage so they got a bit of a free ride w/r/t testing their skills

theyre also one of the reasons the other empires hated the federation: "hmmm we literally can't negotiate with these people without them reading our minds and giving them the upper hand. welp."

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Kirk posted:

betazoids were actually extremely valuable because they're loving telepaths and give the federation an enormous advantage so they got a bit of a free ride w/r/t testing their skills

theyre also one of the reasons the other empires hated the federation: "hmmm we literally can't negotiate with these people without them reading our minds and giving them the upper hand. welp."

yah i get this from an in-world perspective but they never really explored this very well with troi and ended up making her useless/getting space raped more than tasha yar. the idea of having bridge officers and diplomats with psychic powers is kinda loving rad but it was never really used to the best of its abilities.

its really lovely because it could have made troi one of the more interesting characters on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kirk posted:

reminder that rick berman literally developed an alcohol problem

i want to believe

• Locked thread