Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What the hell just happened?

This feels relevant:

EDIT: what terrible timing for a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

QueerPope posted:

It occurs to me that they're also shocked by her still being connected to her body. I have to wonder what the major reason for disconnecting would be. Wouldn't that make it possible to get trapped and unable to return to your body? Would it let you live on separate from your body even if one end or the other was damaged? Or is it just to get rid of the cool but laborious to draw hair effects?

The Foley kids can successfully separate their minds from their bodies and still have the latter function (presumably) because they have tons of practice. Annie isn't up to their skill level; I guess if she wasn't connected to her body, then bad things would happen.

Anyway, thanks for all the page suggestions! I've successfully convinced my friend that she needs to read GK pronto. It also let me go through more archive binges, so I really can't complain. Coyote's great.

(taken)

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 14, 2012

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Here are some more icons, if anyone would like any:

I'd love to join you folks, but I'm going to hang onto Sonny until my Police Quest LP is over.

e: Icons that are in use:

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 14, 2012

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
"Why isn't he saying anything?" "'cos he's concentratin' on looking good for ya!"

I am liking the Foley students more and more every page. They're just so whimsical.

e: just noticed that they disconnected Annie's spirit hair from her body - no bad effects apparently!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Every face in this one is amazing. Every single one.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
When in doubt, just give it the ol' heave-ho!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Osmosisch posted:

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Hahaha, I love your new avatars. I hope the avatarvaganza never ends :allears:.

As for the comic, I sure hope being abruptly detached from your body like that doesn't have any side effects.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
This thread has taken a turn for the awesome recently.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

As much as I love this entire comic, for me the best character is Laser Cow.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Timely.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Best timing ever.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm rather worried though. Isn't separating your mind/soul/whatever from your body completely basically almost always bad in classical mythology?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Ah heck, why not. Couple from today.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fangz posted:

I'm rather worried though. Isn't separating your mind/soul/whatever from your body completely basically almost always bad in classical mythology?

Usually when the time comes to go back, yeah.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I want this one so bad.

Quick! Someone give me some witty title text!

EDIT: \/\/\/\/\/ Thanks!

EDIT2: Gah! It's over 30kb. Have to see if I can get it down

Veotax fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 13, 2012

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Somebody bought me ruffled jones! :aaaaa: Thank you whoever it was!

And I think the best text for that one is "Oh my goodness!"

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
Oh man, all of these new avatars are making me seriously consider getting one of my own. You are awesome, Mystery Avatar Buyer. (Please don't get me one, though, I already made the image I want for myself.)

This might be a stupid question, but how do I get my gang tag to stay? I had a quick look at the custom title thing and it says comments can't have img-tags in them.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Nondevor posted:

Suddenly the best Coyote avatar appears. Curse my lack of money!

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
I wonder how Annie is going to back to her body now. Also, this thread is seriously starting to wrinkle my brain.

EDIT:
If it's Tom, please stop, I don't want to take your meager earnings. :(
And BSS does have its own Avatar Maecenas. Just check out the Funny Panels thread

Fragrag fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 13, 2012

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Let's see if I can guess your function.
I want one of Kat holding a spanner or working on the robots, even if I have to squirrel it away until I can afford it.

Edit: It's so Tom buying avatars for all you guys ;) Or does BSS have its own version of GIFTTANK?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Fragrag posted:

If it's Tom, please stop, I don't want to take your meager earnings. :(
Well hey, whether or not it's him, he's getting more advertising on SA now.
Incidentally, I was curious as to when Red mentioned a fish guy. Enjoy rereading twenty chapters!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I think I might claim this one. "But still. Standing up for a friend. A noble act that cannot be dismissed."

...text is a bit clunky, any ideas?

Fecha posted:

Incidentally, I was curious as to when Red mentioned a fish guy. Enjoy rereading twenty chapters!

:argh:

I re-read the entire thing recently while visiting my parents, just wish I had the second volume to make it easier.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I have this feeling that Annie is going to have some difficulty in getting back into her body. Gotta learn sometime, though! Trial by fire and all that.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to whoever got me that wonderful avatar. What a wonderful thread and bunch of people :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I don't think Annie will be very thankful when she can't return to her body.

And what the hell is going on in this thread?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

And what the hell is going on in this thread?

Wonderful, wonderful things.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Hasn't she already been detached from her body once before, when she used the blinker stone to look down in the gorge and got stuck there with Jeanne? I remember Jeanne holding the stone and the end of Annie's hair being all wound around it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mrpwase posted:

I think I might claim this one. "But still. Standing up for a friend. A noble act that cannot be dismissed."

"Hey pull my finger"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I would only get a gunnerkrigg av if there was a picture of reynardine or coyote or ysengrin smoking a pipe.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Suaimhneas posted:

Hasn't she already been detached from her body once before, when she used the blinker stone to look down in the gorge and got stuck there with Jeanne? I remember Jeanne holding the stone and the end of Annie's hair being all wound around it.

And she couldn't get back to her body until it was free. There was still ethereal hair going out from her body whilst they were down there, you can see it just before they blink back. The stone acts as a kind of projector for that link. Jeanne wasn't letting her go back through it by holding the stone.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 13, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Oh man fish guy is never gonna get a lady with that melon.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
So it just doinks right outta there, huh? I wonder if her body keeled over as soon as they did that and they haven't noticed yet. At least until she starts drooling all over the place.

We also need an alternate universe story where Annie dropped dead the moment they did that and now she's a ghost. And then she gets recruited for Ghost Cops along with her pal Mort and they don't follow the rules.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

idonotlikepeas posted:

I am definitely claiming this one, whether I pay for it or the mysterious avatar fairy gets it for me will depend on what happens between now and monday.

As for today's actual comic, yay fish man, I think he looks nice.

EDIT: Wow that was fast. Thank you. I also like the text.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 13, 2012

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

mrpwase posted:

I think just "A noble act that cannot be dismissed." stands on on its own.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Cabbit posted:

I think just "A noble act that cannot be dismissed." stands on on its own.

I think I agree with you. :)

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Well, that was easy. Wasn't expecting Annie's next step into being a floaty spirit to be so easily obtained. Here's hoping that she'll be able to get back in.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Revolver Bunker posted:

Well, that was easy. Wasn't expecting Annie's next step into being a floaty spirit to be so easily obtained. Here's hoping that she'll be able to get back in.
I feel like Tom's been implying that Annie's spirit, when doing medium stuff, has been tethered not to her body but to the blinker stone, since she's been using it as a focus.

So I don't really foresee her having difficulty getting back into her body as being a plot point. She's just getting off the training wheels for the first time.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
They just yanked her out? That seems... not safe.

Also,

Nondevor posted:

"I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature."

Finally found an avatar I can get behind!

Now the quest for the five dollars I really shouldn't spend on internet forums.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Think I'm gonna take this one when I get home from work since someone else started using dancing Courtyard Droll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ysengrin has the best ethereal form. Coyote is too much of a showboat. :colbert:

I'm not sure what a good subtitle would be though. "The way he sees himself"?

Zellyn fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 13, 2012