Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo, they had round 2 of what is easily one of my favorite Stern moments ever yesterday, Eric the Midget vs Vince the caller.

For reference, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAaQIzsgr_Q

While still hilarious, it wasn't nearly as good without Artie this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

We all knew JD was a goon but wow

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003

Former Human posted:

Goddamn, Howard wasnt kidding. He looks super asiany.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Kelly posted:

It sounds like they are changing the vacation schedule around during so he is going to be off one week he isn't normally so they can film. And he is going to be traveling during this too...maybe someone else recalls but it sounds like he is going to be off for the length of their filming the out of state parts with the exception of one week.

I guess they'll make up that one week somewhere else - perhaps take it at a different point in the summer for the live parts? It was a little confusing when he explained it, I suspect on purpose. Doubt he wants to be called to the carpet for taking another week in the summer, even if he makes it up elsewhere that is a lot of time off in one block.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sirius doesn't make him make up the time or it was in Howard's contract that he could do something like this. Sirius might see it as free adverts.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

burmart posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sirius doesn't make him make up the time or it was in Howard's contract that he could do something like this. Sirius might see it as free adverts.

I wonder, they made such a big deal about making up the one week that they took by accident.

Kind of interesting that Howard is in almost the exact same situation as he was in at K-Rock. Contract dispute, moves on to something else, promotes that something else ad nauseam during his current gig.

Now, in the case of Sirius they may welcome the promotion unlike K-Rock since it's a subscription based service.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

He looks like a lesbian.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Kelly posted:

Now, in the case of Sirius they may welcome the promotion unlike K-Rock since it's a subscription based service.
"Hey Howard, I want to ask a question about America's Got Eh-Eh-Eh"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Former Human posted:

He's on the verge of Redditor. In fact I'd be willing to bet he knows at least 5 memes.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Holy Calamity! posted:

Holy poo poo, they had round 2 of what is easily one of my favorite Stern moments ever yesterday, Eric the Midget vs Vince the caller.

Yesterday with Eric and Vince as pretty good. Eric calls the guy a shithead so many times. I think what really annoys me the most about Eric is if everything is not exactly correct, then you are completely incorrect. "HEY JACKASS YOU GOT THE CALL LETTERS WRONG, IT'S ABC NOT NBC." Jesus christ midget.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

I think Fred says more in this 25 minute clip than he has in the last two months' worth of shows. He was so lively when Artie was in studio.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
While listening through the first Sirius years, one of my favorite eric vs caller moments where when Howard was yelling at Eric for calling Diana DiGarmo too much. The caller tells eric "you should keep calling her, she likes it Eric, send her some flowers" and eric actually considers it. Everyone was laughing at how retarded of an idea it was.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

I wonder, they made such a big deal about making up the one week that they took by accident.

Kind of interesting that Howard is in almost the exact same situation as he was in at K-Rock. Contract dispute, moves on to something else, promotes that something else ad nauseam during his current gig.

I wonder how they're going to count all of this sideline work that Howard is doing. If he counts all of the work time as 'promotion,' does that mean he can take more time off to push his TV career instead of the show?

Burden posted:

Yesterday with Eric and Vince as pretty good. Eric calls the guy a shithead so many times. I think what really annoys me the most about Eric is if everything is not exactly correct, then you are completely incorrect. "HEY JACKASS YOU GOT THE CALL LETTERS WRONG, IT'S ABC NOT NBC." Jesus christ midget.

Eric is awesome when he gets angry because he just reveals so much about himself. Not only can he walk or do stuff physically, he is so twisted mentally that he can't even function. He can't add, he can't relate to people, and he's a sociopath. I feel bad for his roommate. Eric belongs in a home, not sinking someone else's life.

chiz posted:

While listening through the first Sirius years, one of my favorite eric vs caller moments where when Howard was yelling at Eric for calling Diana DiGarmo too much. The caller tells eric "you should keep calling her, she likes it Eric, send her some flowers" and eric actually considers it. Everyone was laughing at how retarded of an idea it was.

I really wish we knew what those other calls were. Knowing Eric, it was probably like him calling the show every day, wanting to shoot the poo poo then get some free stuff.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I wonder how they're going to count all of this sideline work that Howard is doing. If he counts all of the work time as 'promotion,' does that mean he can take more time off to push his TV career instead of the show?

Eric is awesome when he gets angry because he just reveals so much about himself. Not only can he walk or do stuff physically, he is so twisted mentally that he can't even function. He can't add, he can't relate to people, and he's a sociopath. I feel bad for his roommate. Eric belongs in a home, not sinking someone else's life.

I really wish we knew what those other calls were. Knowing Eric, it was probably like him calling the show every day, wanting to shoot the poo poo then get some free stuff.

I wish I had the audio of his calls the the DiGarmo residence.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

Or the call she made to Gary! Didn't her Mom call Gary or something to complain?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kelly posted:

Or the call she made to Gary! Didn't her Mom call Gary or something to complain?

Was it DiGarmo or Katherine McPhee that ended up changing her number?

Anyway, I remember Howard having this exchange:

Howard: Eric, you have to stop calling.
ETM: But.......... they....saidthat.... we can met and
Howard: Eric they are just being polite. You have to stop calling
ETM: Well.........my..par....ents said that they can... drivemeto.....dinner and
Howard: Eric stop.
ETM: ....... ok

EDIT: ACK! ACK!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bonzo posted:

ETM: Well.........my..par....ents said that they can... drivemeto.....dinner and

Ha...yeah. I might be remembering incorrectly - perhaps it was Katherine McPhee.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How old were these women when he was pining after them, anyway?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

I don't know, maybe? I do know that the mom made it clear to Langford that he called too much. But then Eric said that the mom said it was alright, so clearly Langford was making things up.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AltronHGX posted:

How old were these women when he was pining after them, anyway?

McPhee is now 27 and DeGarmo is 24 with ETM being 36 according to Wikipedia. The McPhee thing happening in 2006 and the DeGarmo stuff was 2008 so it would put both of them in the 21-22 range with Eric still being in his 30s.

In other words young enough to make what he was doing extra creepy.

Also let's not forget he got that harassment call from the cops and the girl he was calling was like 18-19. He's definitely got a really creepy attitude towards women and I suspect a lot of his love of American Idol comes from the fact that most of the girls on the show are either still in their teens or early 20s.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Speaking of ETM and Idol...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/12/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/diana-degarmo-ace-young-dating-ppl/index.html?hpt=hp_bn4

somewhere there are tiny midget tears falling upon a crusty bedsheet.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I thought Eric was like 20 or something, but holy cow, he is older than me?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

yeah no poo poo, he's older than me and I'm 34

Does he still do the JFSC thing, has he dyed his hair back to dark brown? I haven't listened to the live show in a couple months.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

Yup...born in '75. Crazy though he's lived this long. Must be kind of weird to live on borrowed time like that. Maybe that's what makes him so ballsy. Guess he figures he has nothing to lose.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fly me with balloons
So I can meet Katherine McPheeeee
I'm a miserable midget
Who is only two foot three

I'm a grumpy dwarf
With a five inch cock
Look at me everybody
I'm the first flying ewok

can anyone tell me how to shoot ropes?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Kelly posted:

Yup...born in '75. Crazy though he's lived this long. Must be kind of weird to live on borrowed time like that. Maybe that's what makes him so ballsy. Guess he figures he has nothing to lose.

I like Eric the ack ack SHITCOCK. He's a hilarious little rear end in a top hat sometimes, but he's quick on the uptake and usually gives out better than he gets.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

kylej posted:

Fly me with balloons
So I can meet Katherine McPheeeee
I'm a miserable midget
Who is only two foot three

I'm a grumpy dwarf
With a five inch cock
Look at me everybody
I'm the first flying ewok

can anyone tell me how to shoot ropes?

L-arginine and L-lysine

also eat strawberries and kiwis to make it more palatable to your gf/realdoll/cat

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

porkfriedrice posted:

What did everyone think of Brian Jones on Nick and Artie Tuesday night? I didn't think that I would like them having a third person join them for the whole night, but holy poo poo was I wrong. That guy has a great sense of humor, and his laugh is as infectious as Artie's. A lot of black jokes flying around that room. I haven't listened to Wednesday night's show yet, hopefully they have the same good energy.

That was awesome. Brian Jones is great on the show. It was just nonstop laughing and yelling. I love that for a "sports show" the entire first hour was Smokey and the Bandit and Cool Hand Luke quotes.

"You will be given a Nick & Artie fleece. Anyone loses their fleece, they spend a night in the box."

If ANYONE is on the fence about this show, then listen to the Tuesday show. You will be won over.

Qaz Kwaz fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 14, 2012

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Former Human posted:

Wasnt JD Pretty gangly just 5 years ago?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

McPhee is now 27 and DeGarmo is 24 with ETM being 36 according to Wikipedia. The McPhee thing happening in 2006 and the DeGarmo stuff was 2008 so it would put both of them in the 21-22 range with Eric still being in his 30s.

In other words young enough to make what he was doing extra creepy.

Also let's not forget he got that harassment call from the cops and the girl he was calling was like 18-19. He's definitely got a really creepy attitude towards women and I suspect a lot of his love of American Idol comes from the fact that most of the girls on the show are either still in their teens or early 20s.

Even creepier when you factor in the possible mental retardation, anger issues, and known manipulation tactics.

chiz posted:

Oh this. There must be some heavy-duty manipulation in those calls. Especially if he's talking about going down to meet her and poo poo. He was using his disabilities very well for a stalker.

GenoCanSing posted:

Speaking of ETM and Idol...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/12/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/diana-degarmo-ace-young-dating-ppl/index.html?hpt=hp_bn4

somewhere there are tiny midget tears falling upon a crusty bedsheet.

Or slamming his big dolphin forehead against a wall while humping a stuffed animal.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I like Eric the ack ack SHITCOCK. He's a hilarious little rear end in a top hat sometimes, but he's quick on the uptake and usually gives out better than he gets.

Are we talking about the same guy who usually called in the next day to bitch at people because he wasn't able to figure out they were mocking him? Or the same person that rubbed his dick on the phone when prankcalled?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Ya, I mean he was never in good shape or anything but he was fairly thin. Years of doing nothing but watch TV, eat fast food and sleep in his office have really done a number on the dude.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

not even that long, more like 1-2 years ago

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Bonzo posted:

The Stern show gave ETM Katherine McPhee's number for measuring his cock on air, but he was only supposed to call it a few times. He claimed he only called it like 3 times, per the show's instruction, but she changed her number so the show thought he must have called it a bunch more times. Garry claimed McPhee was mad and that was the reason she was never booked on the show. ETM blamed Sal and Richard, say they must have called her with sound clips. McPhee got engaged to some older dude and fell off ETM's radar.

ETM got DiGarmo's Mom's number from a friend of her family and he was calling it to try and set up a date with his and her family while they were in town for ETM's brothers wedding. Steve Langford got a tip that ETM was calling DiGarmo's Mom too much, and she was too nice to tell him to stop calling, and ran stories about it on the news. It ended with a group call to ETM with Stern and Johnny Fratto convincing ETM that he was calling too much and the DiGarmo's Mom was too nice to tell him to stop calling. He agreed to stop calling and let his friend try to set up the meeting. The meeting never happened but he did get invited to a charity event held by DiGarmo but he could make it because it fell on the same night as his brothers wedding.

That's how I remember it anyway.

I love that midget.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Take care Eric, go gently caress yourself buddy

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Crotch Bat posted:

He was calling an 18-19 year old girl that was on Amy Grant's reality show Three Wishes. He justified his creepy behavior by saying the show didn't do a good job of concealing her identity, and that other creeps were contact her too. He didn't think he did anything wrong, and the Mom over reacted because of the other creeps.

He also told Stern that his dad was a retired cop and he wasn't going to switch over to be one of the bad guys, or something like that.

El Creepo!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Well, the only person he has ever touched has been hookers at the bunny ranch, so of course his attitude towards women is messed up.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Now that Nick and Artie are on in San Francisco I hope that little pecker calls in to talk about the Oakland A's.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrazyAss13 posted:

The Stern show gave ETM Katherine McPhee's number for measuring his cock on air, but he was only supposed to call it a few times. He claimed he only called it like 3 times, per the show's instruction, but she changed her number so the show thought he must have called it a bunch more times. Garry claimed McPhee was mad and that was the reason she was never booked on the show. ETM blamed Sal and Richard, say they must have called her with sound clips. McPhee got engaged to some older dude and fell off ETM's radar.

ETM got DiGarmo's Mom's number from a friend of her family and he was calling it to try and set up a date with his and her family while they were in town for ETM's brothers wedding. Steve Langford got a tip that ETM was calling DiGarmo's Mom too much, and she was too nice to tell him to stop calling, and ran stories about it on the news. It ended with a group call to ETM with Stern and Johnny Fratto convincing ETM that he was calling too much and the DiGarmo's Mom was too nice to tell him to stop calling. He agreed to stop calling and let his friend try to set up the meeting. The meeting never happened but he did get invited to a charity event held by DiGarmo but he could make it because it fell on the same night as his brothers wedding.

That's how I remember it anyway.

I love that midget.

Didn't Howard say that Eric was calling McPhee too much, causing her number to get changed anyway? I know DeGarmo had the whole harassment issue behind it--ETM really thought she would change her plans just for him--but McPhee was when everybody first started realizing Eric was a bit of a stalker. I'll have to look that up again.

I never bought the brother's wedding excuse. Wasn't this around the time ETM started bitching about his parents getting upset about his on-air antics? Not to mention Eric sometimes mentioned another house his parents owned to put him in if he kept getting too stupid.

AxeManiac posted:

Well, the only person he has ever touched has been hookers at the bunny ranch, so of course his attitude towards women is messed up.

Oh, it goes far beyond that. This is why I always wanted to see ETM's parents on the show, or have ETM do a psychologist bit. There are so many things wrong with ETM that aren't related to his freakish body that I'm wondering if his parents just pawned him off or lied to him constantly so they didn't have to deal with his development. Artie kept mentioning that Eric has a leg-up on most people because his disabilities allow him some leeway. You would think years of dealing with it would have made Eric more of a conversationalist or at least learn how to talk to people. Notice in the decade he's been on the air that he still doesn't get how to talk to people, or deal with people, or even know how to react to people. He acts like someone threw him in a small room for years on end with no human contact and then pawned him off on a sympathetic friend to deal with.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Didn't Howard say that Eric was calling McPhee too much, causing her number to get changed anyway? I know DeGarmo had the whole harassment issue behind it--ETM really thought she would change her plans just for him--but McPhee was when everybody first started realizing Eric was a bit of a stalker. I'll have to look that up again.

I never bought the brother's wedding excuse. Wasn't this around the time ETM started bitching about his parents getting upset about his on-air antics? Not to mention Eric sometimes mentioned another house his parents owned to put him in if he kept getting too stupid.

Oh, it goes far beyond that. This is why I always wanted to see ETM's parents on the show, or have ETM do a psychologist bit. There are so many things wrong with ETM that aren't related to his freakish body that I'm wondering if his parents just pawned him off or lied to him constantly so they didn't have to deal with his development. Artie kept mentioning that Eric has a leg-up on most people because his disabilities allow him some leeway. You would think years of dealing with it would have made Eric more of a conversationalist or at least learn how to talk to people. Notice in the decade he's been on the air that he still doesn't get how to talk to people, or deal with people, or even know how to react to people. He acts like someone threw him in a small room for years on end with no human contact and then pawned him off on a sympathetic friend to deal with.

He's socially and developmentally stunted. People in his life like his family have treated him like a little baby and that's how he acts. Add into that Johnny Fratto and others pumping him up to believe that he's some sort of celebrity and you got a real monster.

Eric told (yelled it) Howard that he had been the main "loving" event for six years once.

That speaks volumes as to his mania.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Not to mention Eric sometimes mentioned another house his parents owned to put him in if he kept getting too stupid.

I believe it's "the lake house" you're thinking of.

The stuff with the "Three Wishes" girl was the best thing I got out of my relisten to the ETM saga last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

The show claimed ETM must have called her too much, because she changed her number. ETM claimed it was only a few, per the shows instruction. So either he called her a bunch of times, or the few calls were enough to make her change her number.

I believe the wedding thing. That was the reason they were in the DeGarmo's area. ETM talked about getting fitted for a tux and they had a phoney phone call where "DeGarmo's people" were calling him back about being his date for the wedding. The 450 BALLOONS one.