Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mattfl posted:

Local Walmart finally restocked! They have most of the Dino sets and the new city and some of the superhero stuff. They have the batcave for $70. They also have the star wars clone
Turbo tank on clearance for $90 and the star wars advent calendar for $20. Any of these worth picking up?

If you go for the advent calendars, make sure they're still sealed. We had a rash of them being opened and the minifigs stolen around here. And I mean sealed, not just taped back up by the store or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I got the series 6 minfigs in Texas. Lego stores started selling them Monday.

Happydogska
Jan 26, 2003
It always smells like fish.

SockFight posted:

Eh, its not that bad, they cheese slopes mostly came sorted already so just tear the bag open and snap while watching TV.
Wow, I'm making this at the same time as you. Just finished the top floor and am about to start the roof.

The trick that worked for me was to keep every bag in its own little pile on my coffee table, as the pieces were already sorted per bag. And like you said, the cheese slopes mostly came in their own little bags. What I also did was take several of the more popular pieces and snap them together before starting the project, both to save space and so that I could just snap X pieces off whenever I need them instead of hunting through a thousand little beige 1x1 and 2x1 flat pieces.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.

Serotonin posted:

Yeah I got a couple of series 6 packs in our local supermarket (uk) and apparently I suck at feeling. Got a flamenco dancer and the genie (who is ace) rather than the Roman legionary that I was after.

The trick I find is to ignore most of the pieces and just try and find those unique pieces that you can't really confuse with anything else.
For the legionary try and find his spear, it's about 7 studs in length with a pointed end and the closest the other sets have is the 4L lightsaber blades in the minotaur, alien and spacegirl.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Muppetjedi posted:

I think it's from the Star Destroyer playset (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6211-1)

Yeah, it must be. That's one of the ones I have instructions for. I haven't found the other red guard or Darth Vader yet though. However, there's two full bins of itty bitty pieces that I've not even tried to paw through.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Everyone needs to go out and buy this set right now!

http://dcuniversesuperheroes.lego.com/en-us/Products/4526.aspx#6862

It's the Superman vs Lex Luthor Power Armor.

Should be able to find it for about $20 or so. If you liked the Alien tripod build then you'll love this one. It has some very cool poses and articulation on the arms and legs. I'd say this is a must have if you liked the tripod at all. Plus you get a Superman mini fig!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jut posted:

yes

Finished the second floor

Comes with a politician and his secretary, minimal furniture.
I like the plastic $100, gives plenty of options to act out tales of corruption and scandal.

Is that politician banging his secretary in this pic? I hope that's in the instructions.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Jut posted:

yes

Finished the second floor

Comes with a politician and his secretary, minimal furniture.
I like the plastic $100, gives plenty of options to act out tales of corruption and scandal.

He was just...erm, walking the parapet.

Actually that's a MOC I can get into. Blazing Saddles! Except of course someone beat me to it:

The lineup at the bottom cracks me up the more I look at it.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Lofty132 posted:

Is that politician banging his secretary in this pic? I hope that's in the instructions.
He's a politician. What do you expect.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

mattfl posted:

Lego store an hour from me when I was there last month still had series 5.

The Lego store should have them, we put ours out on Monday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jut posted:

He's a politician. What do you expect.

She wanted to know where he kept his salt water taffy.

theSpurious
Jan 12, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Why would you put something like that perched so precariously!

I'm very, very stupid. I also have the General Grievous that I haven't built because I know it'll share the same eventual fate.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Probably have to get this. Although I like the look of this series nothing has really interested me yet. However my grandfather (who died recently) emmigrated to Australia to work on the building of the Opera House so as a building it has a lot of sentimental value.

On a totally different tangent my local TRU had loads of that funhouse batman set that seems to be hard to find in the UK. I've had to go four times over the last week for various reasons and each time there has been less and less with everything else fully stocked. Today there was only one and I was soooo tempted, but resisted. I have no real interest in the set itself, but there's just kind of a gut feeling you must by stuff that's hard to find.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Went to TRU today, bought the Mont Saint-Michel Nanoblock set. I have to say, I really like it. It definitely isn't as sturdy as Lego, but considering the size I'm not too surprised. It was a fun build, and they give you tons of extra blocks (which considering how easy it would be to lose them, that's very nice of them). I definitely wouldn't be against buying another of these sets in the future. Here's a photo, with a Minifig for size comparison:

I also got the Blue Roadster 3-in-1 Creator set. I love the 3-in-1 sets, and this one looks a lot more interesting than the car ones I've gotten in the past. The vintage racecar in particular looks pretty dang cool.

While I was in TRU, I noticed the Bricks & More sets. I had never seen them before (are they new?) but I think they're pretty cool. I was almost tempted to get this castle one myself just for a few extra bricks. Seems like a nice way for kids to transition from Duplo to regular Lego.

I'm drooling over that Sydney Opera House set...

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I just discovered I have an unopened Dino Attack set sitting in my closet.

Debating whether I should bother building it. It's a cool set, but not really want that looks cool just sitting on a shelf, which are the kind of sets I prefer anymore.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

GidgetNomates posted:

Went to TRU today, bought the Mont Saint-Michel Nanoblock set. I have to say, I really like it. It definitely isn't as sturdy as Lego, but considering the size I'm not too surprised. It was a fun build, and they give you tons of extra blocks (which considering how easy it would be to lose them, that's very nice of them). I definitely wouldn't be against buying another of these sets in the future. Here's a photo, with a Minifig for size comparison:

I also got the Blue Roadster 3-in-1 Creator set. I love the 3-in-1 sets, and this one looks a lot more interesting than the car ones I've gotten in the past. The vintage racecar in particular looks pretty dang cool.

While I was in TRU, I noticed the Bricks & More sets. I had never seen them before (are they new?) but I think they're pretty cool. I was almost tempted to get this castle one myself just for a few extra bricks. Seems like a nice way for kids to transition from Duplo to regular Lego.

I'm drooling over that Sydney Opera House set...

My toys r us hasn't gotten in any new nano blocks since the first of december. :( They had all of them and I should have grabbed the ones I wanted then. I want the space shuttle and the one you just built.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Gravy Jones posted:

Probably have to get this. Although I like the look of this series nothing has really interested me yet. However my grandfather (who died recently) emmigrated to Australia to work on the building of the Opera House so as a building it has a lot of sentimental value.

On a totally different tangent my local TRU had loads of that funhouse batman set that seems to be hard to find in the UK. I've had to go four times over the last week for various reasons and each time there has been less and less with everything else fully stocked. Today there was only one and I was soooo tempted, but resisted. I have no real interest in the set itself, but there's just kind of a gut feeling you must by stuff that's hard to find.

Honestly with the exception of the Robie house, I've been pretty underwhelmed by the architecture sets. It seems like they should up the size and scale a bit more to allow more detail. As a Lego lover and an architecture student I would have thought it would be my most favorite line :(

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

mattfl posted:

My toys r us hasn't gotten in any new nano blocks since the first of december. :( They had all of them and I should have grabbed the ones I wanted then. I want the space shuttle and the one you just built.

Mine doesn't have the space shuttle, I really want it too :(

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Sloppy posted:

Honestly with the exception of the Robie house, I've been pretty underwhelmed by the architecture sets. It seems like they should up the size and scale a bit more to allow more detail. As a Lego lover and an architecture student I would have thought it would be my most favorite line :(

This is exactly my problem. The sets just don't have the kind of detail I'd expect. Some sets are nice for smaller pieces, like the White House, but the Opera house could stand to be bigger for sure.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

Gravy Jones posted:

Yesterday we were told we won't have the funhouse for MONTHS due to unexpected high demand.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
It would be cool if Lego did sets like that Mont Saint-Michael kit. Microscale landscapes would look terrific on desks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here are those pics I took of the Lego Train/Bionicle/minifig stuff. Bunch of Throwbot things, too.

https://imgur.com/a/sKQgG

If interested, shoot me a PM or email me at captaininvictus@gmail.com , I'm mainly interested in those Nintendo DS things I mentioned earlier, and collectable minifigs from most series(that aren't skateboarders or whatever poo poo).

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

GidgetNomates posted:

Mine doesn't have the space shuttle, I really want it too :(

On a whim I just stopped by Barnes and Nobles and they had some. So anyone looking for nano blocks check your local barnes and nobles. They also have tonnes of lego too. Picked up the Taj Mahal.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

youareoffthehook posted:

The Lego store should have them, we put ours out on Monday.

And they were gone by today, at the latest.
It's strange; none of the TRUs in the region have had any yet. The Lego Store is usually the last to get them in.

I was just there a couple hours ago. Got the Mini Modular, Joust, and Recycling Truck. The clerk even put in 3 of the Ninjago booster packs. Sadly, I guess none of them were the types with the golden chainsaw.

I have never seen a PAB wall that bare; half of the cubbies were empty! Decided to save my free holiday PAB box until my next visit.

I can't find them online, but I also saw a new Lego storage unit...basically like sterilite drawers, but there was a ~8x16 plate slotted into the front for you to attach pieces to show what's in that drawer. I've seen similar things done as a custom job, but this is the first official version I've seen. Shame they were $40 for three drawers with less volume than a ~$20 Sterilite drawer set.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 14, 2012

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

mattfl posted:

On a whim I just stopped by Barnes and Nobles and they had some. So anyone looking for nano blocks check your local barnes and nobles. They also have tonnes of lego too. Picked up the Taj Mahal.

I hadn't thought of that, that's where I always go for Architecture sets but I didn't think about looking there for Nanoblocks. Might head over there soon!

I just got done sorting the car kit that I got, then promptly walked away from it and played around with my general collection of bricks. I ended up with (another!) Ghosts n Goblins MOC. I did Red Arremer. I would have made something more elegant if I had a bigger collection, but ya gotta work with what ya got. So, straight from my kitchen table, here it is!

I rotated that first image on imgur and it's still not rotated for me. I'm assuming I just need to clear my cache but apologies if it's still sideways.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

GidgetNomates posted:

I hadn't thought of that, that's where I always go for Architecture sets but I didn't think about looking there for Nanoblocks. Might head over there soon!

I just got done sorting the car kit that I got, then promptly walked away from it and played around with my general collection of bricks. I ended up with (another!) Ghosts n Goblins MOC. I did Red Arremer. I would have made something more elegant if I had a bigger collection, but ya gotta work with what ya got. So, straight from my kitchen table, here it is!

I rotated that first image on imgur and it's still not rotated for me. I'm assuming I just need to clear my cache but apologies if it's still sideways.

At least in the store by me they aren't in with the regular lego, they were in with the children's educational games/activities. So make sure to check everywhere.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

Pyroclastic posted:

And they were gone by today, at the latest.
It's strange; none of the TRUs in the region have had any yet. The Lego Store is usually the last to get them in.

I was just there a couple hours ago. Got the Mini Modular, Joust, and Recycling Truck. The clerk even put in 3 of the Ninjago booster packs. Sadly, I guess none of them were the types with the golden chainsaw.

I have never seen a PAB wall that bare; half of the cubbies were empty! Decided to save my free holiday PAB box until my next visit.

I can't find them online, but I also saw a new Lego storage unit...basically like sterilite drawers, but there was a ~8x16 plate slotted into the front for you to attach pieces to show what's in that drawer. I've seen similar things done as a custom job, but this is the first official version I've seen. Shame they were $40 for three drawers with less volume than a ~$20 Sterilite drawer set.

Yeah, I know yesterday we only had like 2 boxes left when I got off work. The ones we had out were mostly the flamenco dancer and the skateboarder since everyone and their mom came through to find the more popular ones.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
If I just shovel off this LEGO by the pound, what price should I expect to get? I keep thinking I heard $10/pound, but I keep thinking that can't be right.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

einTier posted:

If I just shovel off this LEGO by the pound, what price should I expect to get? I keep thinking I heard $10/pound, but I keep thinking that can't be right.

$10/lb is pretty high, unless perhaps they're like "This contains (some awesome sets)" and pictures bear it out. $5-7/lb is usually better.

e: Oh, you're selling. I'd think about trying to aim for the high end then.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Managed to get out to the far Walmart today and found Star Wars Advent calendars for $10(!), so I picked up two of those. Almost got a Queen Anne's Revenge for $89, but I'm still not a huge fan of that set. If it was the Black Pearl for $30 off, I'd have to pick it up, but I just can't justify an impulse like that for a set I don't really like.

As for the calendar itself, most of it was alright. I was a little disappointed until I realized stuff like the tool set or the walking chair thing went with the minifigs that came the day before/after (the chair with Gunray, etc.) Absolutely loved the miniscale starships, though. The only thing that really disappointed me was the TIE fighter.

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
Picked up #7946 King's Castle from Target today for $40. I've been toying with the idea of starting a Bricklink or Ebay store selling my extra Lego, any advice getting started?

v Nope just a random one sitting on the shelf unmarked, decided to scan the price just to check and got lucky!

Huge Fucker Bitch fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 15, 2012

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

IGNORE MY POSTS posted:

Picked up #7946 King's Castle from Target today for $40. I've been toying with the idea of starting a Bricklink or Ebay store selling my extra Lego, any advice getting started?

Were there more? I would like a copy of that set.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

How long do you think it will take, if at all, that they put the new Friends colors into the pick a brick section of stores or lego website? Need me some purple:)

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

DrChud posted:

How long do you think it will take, if at all, that they put the new Friends colors into the pick a brick section of stores or lego website? Need me some purple:)

Lego hasn't been terribly good at changing up the types and colors of bricks on their PaB walls in the past, but I'm really hoping they put some Friends colors out there as well. They did it for Hero Factory, so it seems possible. No word about it from my local store so far, though.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

My problem with the lego stores is the nearest one to me is a 3 hr drive. So i get most PaB from the site, and make a store run every few months.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Store price can't be beat, though. 22,000 1x1 transparent green tiles for $75. How can you go wrong?

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I have two stores within a 30-40 minute drive, but at least the one I went to today has a pretty meager PAB selection. Mostly pretty generic blocks. :(

Meanwhile, I finished my Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter tonight. But my bookshelf is full, so I asked my wife where I should put it.

Her reply?

"You could just start lining the kitchen bar with your models."

:allears:

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Torael_7 posted:

I have two stores within a 30-40 minute drive, but at least the one I went to today has a pretty meager PAB selection. Mostly pretty generic blocks. :(

Meanwhile, I finished my Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter tonight. But my bookshelf is full, so I asked my wife where I should put it.

Her reply?

"You could just start lining the kitchen bar with your models."

:allears:
Countdown to shattering on the floor in 3...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm just imagining she said it in the most sarcastic voice imaginable, and you gleefully taking it at face value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Rare Collectable posted:

Countdown to shattering on the floor in 3...

Yeah I don't plan on leaving it there, honestly.

SynthOrange posted:

I'm just imagining she said it in the most sarcastic voice imaginable, and you gleefully taking it at face value.

You're just jealous :colbert:

(really, if she were being sarcastic then she needs to work on her sarcastic tone)