Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

The whole "hoof ball", "score from throw ins" stereotype is lazy and bullshit.

Stoke have genuinely world class players now. Robert Huth is a a 2-time Premier League Champion, and he's only 27, Salif Diao is a Ligue 1 winner, League Cup winner, and has played at the World Cup Finals, Jermain Pennant helped take Liverpool to the Champions League final in 2007, Ryan Shawcross is one of England's brightest prospects in defence, a never-say-die powerful defender, Matthew Upson, another England hero, who scored at the last World Cup and won the Premier League with Arsenal in 2002, Peter Crouch is one of the world's most prolific strikers at international level, he is a Championship and FA Cup winner, his goal ratio for England is simply stunning, Jonathan Woodgate is a national treasure, League Cup winner, and former Real Madrid heavyweight. When you mix all this success and prestige with the GOAT arms of Rory Delap, you have one of the finest, and most unique football sides since the Dutch masters of the 1970s.

Stoke are taking Europe by storm, just like The Beatles did in America. This is the era of Pulis, of the Potteries, of Stoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

^^^ seems reasonable tbh

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Raightning posted:

Stoke have genuinely world class players now. Robert Huth is a a 2-time Premier League Champion, and he's only 27, Salif Diao is a Ligue 1 winner, League Cup winner, and has played at the World Cup Finals, Jermain Pennant helped take Liverpool to the Champions League final in 2007, Ryan Shawcross is one of England's brightest prospects in defence, a never-say-die powerful defender, Matthew Upson, another England hero, who scored at the last World Cup and won the Premier League with Arsenal in 2002, Peter Crouch is one of the world's most prolific strikers at international level, he is a Championship and FA Cup winner, his goal ratio for England is simply stunning, Jonathan Woodgate is a national treasure, League Cup winner, and former Real Madrid heavyweight. When you mix all this success and prestige with the GOAT arms of Rory Delap, you have one of the finest, and most unique football sides since the Dutch masters of the 1970s.

Stoke are taking Europe by storm, just like The Beatles did in America. This is the era of Pulis, of the Potteries, of Stoke.

100% correct. you've been warned about trolling.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Anime Knower posted:

You aren't supposed to link to things we post in here. Its going to turn into helldump if you stalk my posts :(

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Anime Knower posted:

Jonathan Woodgate is a national treasure

Lol what the gently caress

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol what the gently caress

No, he is right. We definately should bury him.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I want to make a thread entitled "Salif Diao is..." because yeah

Mcnoob
Nov 17, 2009

"Team For The Future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yymo4fLZms8

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

That vid is not a bad post, it is brilliant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Looking forward to the Keith Gillespie one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2087385/Leon-Best-video-girl-uses-make-turn-striker.html

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Facially she actually looks like Nasri.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Arsenal Don't DESERVE Fourth? Thank God
I just read that the SZCZ doesn't believe Arsenal DESERVE to be outside the top four. I guess that means that's where we actually are then! Well that solves everything then!

I don't deserve to be earning less than six figures - just so you know boss. I also don't deserve to be dating anyone less anatomically pleasing than Jessica Alba - let it be. Finally I don't deserve to have anything other than a fine home-cooked meal prepared for me every night before I get home to said Alba-esque beauty. Done and done!

Thanks Wojciech I love your problem solving skills. You probably didn't deserve to get beaten for the third goal against Swansea either, I guess we can just cancel that out as well!
ArsenalAdam (I probably don't deserve to have this published either)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

... Just want to follow up the email from Dave (not loving it) Dublin, about the 'uncoolness' of football now. I totally agree, the Premiership has lost it's edge a little. The diving and the feigning injuries he mentions is one thing, but for me it's the money involved now. I feel absolutely no connection with any of the players nowadays, even if Benoit Assou-Ekotto does get the bus.

I support Arsenal, and I used to really, really care. Don't get me wrong, I went nuts when we beat Chelsea at the Bridge, or when Thierry Henry scored against Leeds, but for me this season, something has changed. Maybe I'd feel differently if Arsenal were good, but I don't know. I struggle to care for the team when I dislike many of the players. Alex Song thinks he's the best DM in the Premiership and he's not. Theo Walcott thinks he's the next Henry and he's not. Even Frimpong thinks he's 'dench' and that he's made it, but he's not - and he hasn't.

Over the last few years I've got really into NFL, and went to see the NY Giants just over a year ago. I realise the irony in supporting an NFL team, as the money is just as ridiculous as in football. But at least the players care, and actually want to win for their team. On Sunday, I was surprised at myself about how passionate I was during the Giants/Packers game compared to my sluggish attitude towards Swansea smashing Arsenal. NFL players realise how lucky and how gifted they are, and actually try their hardest. Premiership footballers just mill about, believe their own hype and then go to a club and swig champagne.

They think they're cool. I think they're tw*ts.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Breath Ray posted:

Arsenal Don't DESERVE Fourth? Thank God
I just read that the SZCZ doesn't believe Arsenal DESERVE to be outside the top four. I guess that means that's where we actually are then! Well that solves everything then!

I don't deserve to be earning less than six figures - just so you know boss. I also don't deserve to be dating anyone less anatomically pleasing than Jessica Alba - let it be. Finally I don't deserve to have anything other than a fine home-cooked meal prepared for me every night before I get home to said Alba-esque beauty. Done and done!

Thanks Wojciech I love your problem solving skills. You probably didn't deserve to get beaten for the third goal against Swansea either, I guess we can just cancel that out as well!
ArsenalAdam (I probably don't deserve to have this published either)

Haha, this is legitimately awesome

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

Maybe I'd feel differently if Arsenal were good

Sums the post up, really :)

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jose posted:

... Just want to follow up the email from Dave (not loving it) Dublin, about the 'uncoolness' of football now. I totally agree, the Premiership has lost it's edge a little. The diving and the feigning injuries he mentions is one thing, but for me it's the money involved now. I feel absolutely no connection with any of the players nowadays, even if Benoit Assou-Ekotto does get the bus.

I support Arsenal, and I used to really, really care. Don't get me wrong, I went nuts when we beat Chelsea at the Bridge, or when Thierry Henry scored against Leeds, but for me this season, something has changed. Maybe I'd feel differently if Arsenal were good, but I don't know. I struggle to care for the team when I dislike many of the players. Alex Song thinks he's the best DM in the Premiership and he's not. Theo Walcott thinks he's the next Henry and he's not. Even Frimpong thinks he's 'dench' and that he's made it, but he's not - and he hasn't.

Over the last few years I've got really into NFL, and went to see the NY Giants just over a year ago. I realise the irony in supporting an NFL team, as the money is just as ridiculous as in football. But at least the players care, and actually want to win for their team. On Sunday, I was surprised at myself about how passionate I was during the Giants/Packers game compared to my sluggish attitude towards Swansea smashing Arsenal. NFL players realise how lucky and how gifted they are, and actually try their hardest. Premiership footballers just mill about, believe their own hype and then go to a club and swig champagne.

They think they're cool. I think they're tw*ts.

Tons of teams bomb out of the NFL (and MLB and NBA tbh) every year because they're full of over confident twats that can't play as a team. For example the jets in football this year, the red sox in baseball and the heat in basketball.

Basically this idiot is wrong. I'd say theres less incentive in american sport because you can suck one year and win everything the next because theres nothing like playing in Europe or club prestige, a team can just throw tons of money at people on year and all of a sudden they're the best team.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Modus Trollens posted:

Tons of teams bomb out of the NFL (and MLB and NBA tbh) every year because they're full of over confident twats that can't play as a team. For example the jets in football this year, the red sox in baseball and the heat in basketball.

Basically this idiot is wrong. I'd say theres less incentive in american sport because you can suck one year and win everything the next because theres nothing like playing in Europe or club prestige, a team can just throw tons of money at people on year and all of a sudden they're the best team.

And maybe. Just maybe. Imagine this. That's why it was posted in here.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Modus Trollens posted:

Also, he's comparing a league game with a quarter final.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I reckon what we should do is offer 8 mill for Jordan Rhodes. When he comes for his medical, give him a blood test and simply inject a little heroin in him before that takes place. All of a sudden just fail his medical saying "we found traces of heroin in his system" but tell the real world he had a "knee issue". Go back in with a 4 million pound offer take it or leave it. If they dont take it well fine we will just turn over the failed drug test and have him suspended. If they do take it we will work to flush the heroin out of his system and start him in a few weeks time when we are confident he wont fail a drug test

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

quote:

I understand how some are angered by pepe and others' actions, BUT I AM SORRY, THATS THE ONLY WAY TO DEAL WITH BARCA. THAT'S FOR BEING RACIST BASTARDS. AS THEY SAY, WORDS HURT MORE THAN ANYTHING.

quote:

people need to back off Pepe ooo he stepped on Lord almighty Messi and now its a huge loving issue. gently caress off you wankers
gently caress OFF..Leave him alone! Whatever, other players have done worse!! Idc. I still will support him!! Come at me!!

quote:

Pepe since you wanted to ruin the game for us anyways, you should’ve just gone ahead and hurt Messi beyond repair.

That would have made that game worth it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.ontheedgeofsanity.co.uk/

Someone has gone to the effort of compiling comments about football from different websites

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Jose posted:

Someone has gone to the effort of compiling comments about football from different websites

quote:

Madrid supporters booing Abidal when he scored. Booing a cancer survivor. Do they have no shame?

cheers

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

quote:

If only you had stayed longer in Liverpool! FOREVER YOUNG NINO TORRES!

Even if this is intentional, it's still pretty funny.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sven Goran Eriksson posted:

You know Kaiser, I like this place. I think I will manage for another five years and come back here and live with two women. Yes. I think I need two beautiful women

Eriksson talking to Didi Hamann when they were in Thailand

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Jose posted:

Eriksson talking to Didi Hamann when they were in Thailand

Where is this from and where is the rest of it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its from Hamann's new autobiography and is when they were doing a pre-season training camp

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Jose posted:

this website is loving awful and it's pretty obvious why.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

What a complete fail!!! You guys suck and should be ashamed of yourselves. False false false!!! Promise is a great makeup artist and is NOT trying to look like some stupid soccer player!!
- Michelle, USA, 18/1/2012 17:22

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...
From Tom, proud Gooner pauper, via text: "Re 1212. A very apt, if completely condescending, analogy. If we are the butlers for the title, that is because of the obscene wealth of the others clubs - and Spurs are very much a part of that with the way 'Arry has spent. They may not be letting us polish any silver in the near future, but at least we're not morally bankrupt!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tom Werner posted:

There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it's brilliant, "John and I said: 'Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we've got to figure out a way to make a deal with him'

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Jose posted:

Lol, holy moly. Link?

Edit: Found it. The entire quote:

Tom Werner on Stewart Downing posted:

I do have a funny story to tell you! When we first were talking about Stewart Downing, we looked on the internet to see what we could learn about him. And there was some footage of Stewart that maybe you can show our fans, where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it’s brilliant. John and I said, ‘Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we’ve got figure out a way to make a deal with him.’ We later found out of course that the footage was somewhat doctored but we were so excited about Downing joining Liverpool.

Still pretty funny.

Insanely Sikh fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 23, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I got it from http://football365.com/mediawatch/7450143/Mediawatch

It also states that the video was fake as well

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...00252-30167724/

Here

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
That's pretty :3: but at the same time pretty :psyduck:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Jose posted:

It also states that the video was fake as well

Haha, I assume it was one of those virals Villa released a couple of seasons back where players were knocking the groundsman off his lawnmower and fixing lights outside the stadium by belting balls at them?

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Mickolution posted:

Haha, I assume it was one of those virals Villa released a couple of seasons back where players were knocking the groundsman off his lawnmower and fixing lights outside the stadium by belting balls at them?
Yup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HCvpk1QsaM

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Do you guys know where I could find a Mata jersey for less than 90 euros? I mean, I really wanna help out the club... but I don't think I can bring myself to spend 90 euros on a jersey

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Jose posted:

moneyball is the future

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Oliver Holt posted:

Henry James Redknapp. That’s what they kept calling him in Court Six.

Not Harry.

Or even ’Arry.

Or Gaffer.

They gave him his full name and turned him from a football manager into a defendant .

Judge Anthony Leonard told the court to forget about the football version of Redknapp and concentrate on the facts in hand.

“Football can be of such importance that it almost overwhelms other aspects of life,” the judge said, telling the jury to “leave prejudice or favour behind”.

And so we were left not with the manager of Tottenham Hotspur but a man looking smart and unfamiliar in a blue suit and rather elegant spectacles.

No Prozone statistics.

No lists of approaching fixtures.

No photographs of a man in a tracksuit holding up a trophy.

Just men and women wearing white wigs and staring at computer screens and leafing through great sheaves of paper in huge box files on their desks.

And Henry James Redknapp, sitting near the back in a floor-to-ceiling glass box, next to co-defendant Milan Mandaric.

Redknapp’s son, Jamie, the former Liverpool and England player, sat in the public gallery.

Henry James Redknapp had to stand and identify himself with a brief wave when the clerk of the court read out his name.

And then he sat down to hear John Black QC begin the prosecution case by reintroducing the word “bung” into our lexicon.

At the end, he walked into the corridor outside Court Six and chatted with football reporters.

He was Harry Redknapp now, talking about watching his team lose to Manchester City.

Someone mentioned his bulldog, Rosie, who had become the star of the day when the prosecution identified her as the inspiration for an allegedly secret bank account called Rosie 47.

“Poor old Rosie,” Redknapp said. “She’s dead now.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...icle856931.html

loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Haven't got much hope of it happening but I hope he goes down for this.

What's more likely is that he'll get off, leave Spurs and then get a disgusting contract with England.