Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Is the community for Tekken 6 for 360 still pretty active, and do goons even play it? Or is the online that rear end? I'm just wondering because it can be had for next to nothing and I'd honestly like to get into the game series before TTT2 drops, be it now or later.

Also is King hard to learn? :v:

Like Brosnan said, it's a lot to learn. If you want to stand a chance in TTT2 you need to start now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Or just use King anyways. Regardless of what version of Tekken I played, I only played King because his head is a JAGUAR!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liar Lyre posted:

Or just use King anyways. Regardless of what version of Tekken I played, I only played King because his head is a JAGUAR!

The real life King also has the coolest fans
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Mask_donation_phenomenon

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Liar Lyre posted:

That's why I picked him up in Tekken 1. :downs:

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
Went to Hadocon today and filipino champ was there along with a few other heads you see on stream and it blew my mind watching that execution first hand. Yeah you watch the streams and videos and all but first hand I was just like god drat.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Tekken 6 online is dreadful. The game just doesn't work with even slight delay far more so than 2D fighters. When it came out I picked up Lilly and after only an hour in training was able to absolutely wreck people online because you can abuse the poo poo out off her slow start up flips.

I did get some of the best hate mail I've ever gotten in a fighting game though.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Mega Comrade posted:

Tekken 6 online is dreadful. The game just doesn't work with even slight delay far more so than 2D fighters. When it came out I picked up Lilly and after only an hour in training was able to absolutely wreck people online because you can abuse the poo poo out off her slow start up flips.

I did get some of the best hate mail I've ever gotten in a fighting game though.

Her d/b+4 sweep that comes out slow like Bryan's snake edge doesn't seem to sweep into a combo anymore in TTT2 so that part of her gimmick is gone

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Bovineicide posted:

Wait, isn't wave dashing easier on pad? I was always under the impression that pad players have an advantage in Tekken. I've never played it on stick, really, so I don't have much of a point of comparison.

I don't know what game you play, but wavedashing on pad just hurts.

Is the community for Tekken 6 for 360 still pretty active, and do goons even play it? Or is the online that rear end? I'm just wondering because it can be had for next to nothing and I'd honestly like to get into the game series before TTT2 drops, be it now or later.

Also is King hard to learn? :v:

My advice for anyone who wants to play Tekken is to not play online Tekken unless you want to get the few bunch of trophies/achievements that the game has to offer and they're piss easy. Online just loving pisses me off and I ended up cracking my wall because of all the punches I threw when angry. Horrible horrible experience. If I play online these days, I take joke characters and use the dumbest gimmicks.

So yeah, don't do it. You'll learn more by just playing on the lovely practice mode.

King is very unique, but if you've played characters like VF Wolf, Goh and Aoi, then King is the character for you, seeing as he has similar mechanics like catch grabs, air throws and hit confirmables. Also, you might end up surprising people in tourneys because there aren't many good King players, so people end up getting beat over the silliest things just because they didn't have enough experience against a good King.

Schmendrick posted:

Is that really a see-through top? :stare: There was more effort into that than the body models (Hitomi looks European if that's her). I actually like the face renders though (they look less anime-ish).

I didn't even notice that, honestly, I was trying hard to find the sweat effects Team Ninja's been patting themselves over the shoulder for.

Also they want to have a more Ninja Gaiden-ish look with realistic faces, so that's why Hitomi or whatever looks european.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

What is she looking at?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

uncleKitchener posted:

Also they want to have a more Ninja Gaiden-ish look with realistic faces, so that's why Hitomi or whatever looks european.
I thought Hitomi always looked European?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Question Mark Mound posted:

She should, she's meant to be German.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I want to like DOA, but Team Ninja makes it harder to justify giving a gently caress with every new game.

I actually really liked Bayman, Hitomi and Ein's movesets and thought Jann-Lee's costumes and antics made him one of the better Bruce Lee clones. Brad is also one of the more satisfying takes on the Drunken Boxing character just due to the easy nature of the links and counters the game had; jumping over fences or rolling over tables and kicking a dude was Jackie Chan as gently caress.

Online DOA was also pretty goddamn hilarious, and way less frustrating than say Soul Cal 4 or T6 was.

It has a lot of problems, and amping up the fan service doesn't want anyone to touch it. "She kicks high" was as far back as what? DOA2?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Digital Scumbag posted:

I want to like DOA, but Team Ninja makes it harder to justify giving a gently caress with every new game.

I actually really liked Bayman, Hitomi and Ein's movesets and thought Jann-Lee's costumes and antics made him one of the better Bruce Lee clones. Brad is also one of the more satisfying takes on the Drunken Boxing character just due to the easy nature of the links and counters the game had; jumping over fences or rolling over tables and kicking a dude was Jackie Chan as gently caress.

Online DOA was also pretty goddamn hilarious, and way less frustrating than say Soul Cal 4 or T6 was.

Personally I like Bass and Leon, because they're based on Hulk Hogan and Jean Reno respectively.

The thing with online DOA was that back then it was built for the Japanese internet which back then had an infrastructure similar to today's Internet in most of the Western world. These days, online in T6 and SC4 was coded with the Japanese internet infrastructure in mind, so that is why you get poo poo games on a 5 or really stupid poo poo happens.

I'm also approaching this news as an observer; on one hand I want this ship to sink. On the other hand I just want it to be like DOA3 AKA the other Tekken 4. So yeah, basically I want Tekken 4: Turbo Edition. Without the Ninjas. The ninjas are a bunch of fags.

Question Mark Mound posted:

I don't know much about anime tropes, but I guess blue eyes constitute as being a european, then again Brad looks more european than Hitomi and his surname is Wong or something, which actually makes him Chinese. Leon's supposed to be an Italian but he looks like a middle easterner.

I'm really glad they're getting rid of the anime look of the game. Sure, back then they were pretty impressive when TN was trying to show off their engine and all the lighting and shading, but now they just look dumb.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Policenaut inspired me to put in the VF5 disc

I am regret

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

whip posted:

I am regret

Im confused, why would anyone ever regret playing VF5?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Gutcruncher posted:

Im confused, why would anyone ever regret playing VF5?
Could be playing VF4Evo instead.

Especially if you've got the PS3 version with no online. Then you're just stuck with worse Quest and Training modes in exchange for a couple new characters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

whip posted:

I am regret

I'm so sorry. I borrowed it from a friend to dick around with in the meantime until Final Showdown drops :(

On the plus side I'm really enjoying Brad's whole swaying/ducking thing with his punches, just mopping up Kyus in the Quest Mode. Of course a blind dude could do that and when I reach the Dans they're going to kick the poo poo out of me but hey, I'm happy. Only been playing for a couple hours but I can kinda remember why I liked VF.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Armor-Piercing posted:

Could be playing VF4Evo instead.

Especially if you've got the PS3 version with no online. Then you're just stuck with worse Quest and Training modes in exchange for a couple new characters.

Pretty much. I keep digging out my ol' PS2 and putting in Evo, though I still like VF5 Lau and Venessa a hell of a lot more than VF4's.

Hey Whip, Duck Tail match?

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VTuMliYSWDs

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Welcome back Triforce :unsmith:

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

uncleKitchener posted:

Pretty much. I keep digging out my ol' PS2 and putting in Evo, though I still like VF5 Lau and Venessa a hell of a lot more than VF4's.

Hey Whip, Duck Tail match?

What do you mean?

Looks like Dragunov won~

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

whip posted:

What do you mean?

Looks like Dragunov won~

I was talking about Jacky's hair actually.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Does anyone have any handy resource for modding the art on a HRAP V3 or VX SA? Mine are wearing out (especially the V3 one) and my hands get really dirty. I know it's minor, but as a pedantic gently caress that I am, it annoys me to no end.

Even that godforsaken place that is SRK.com doesn't have anything on these sticks. I don't know why, they are awesome.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Mister Blueberry posted:

Does anyone have any handy resource for modding the art on a HRAP V3 or VX SA? Mine are wearing out (especially the V3 one) and my hands get really dirty. I know it's minor, but as a pedantic gently caress that I am, it annoys me to no end.

Even that godforsaken place that is SRK.com doesn't have anything on these sticks. I don't know why, they are awesome.

http://thegamesurgeons.com/Custom%20V3%20VX%20SA%20Panel%20Template.psd

I believe this is what you need. I don't have photoshop, so I can't verify if it is correct.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
This seems like a dumb question but why does Tekken Tag 2 not have Kuni, P-Jack, and Regular Ogre? I can understand the latter because he's basically just an amalgam of other movesets but why not the other two? I'm probably forgetting something about the both of them that holds them back from the roster.

Oh and Dr. B I guess. Though he was console only so I guess that's why.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

40 OZ posted:

http://thegamesurgeons.com/Custom%20V3%20VX%20SA%20Panel%20Template.psd

I believe this is what you need. I don't have photoshop, so I can't verify if it is correct.

It looks allright to me, i'll give it a try. Thanks man.

Edit: This stupid art looks like it's welded on the stick, can't get it off. Allright, I just made things way worse.

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 17, 2012

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

This seems like a dumb question but why does Tekken Tag 2 not have Kuni, P-Jack, and Regular Ogre? I can understand the latter because he's basically just an amalgam of other movesets but why not the other two? I'm probably forgetting something about the both of them that holds them back from the roster.

Oh and Dr. B I guess. Though he was console only so I guess that's why.

You can probably make P. Jack from Jack 6 just like Tekken 6, and True Ogre is cooler than regular Ogre (True is Ogre at his peak anyway). I think Namco just hates Kunimitsu to spite the few people who used her in Tag (I only saw one guy use her in a Tekken 2 machine).

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mlp-fighting-is-magic-a-fighting-game-for-manly-men-only-3.145093/page-17#post-6385675

Whelp...does he plan on doing some sort of exhibition for poverty games or something? Or is this just some troll?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
It's probably a troll but I've always liked the idea of there being some kind of side-tournament at EVO where each round is a random poverty game. I think Spooky streamed something similar last year and the finals was some N64 fighting game that had style points instead of a traditional HP bar.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Stick building question! I need to cut a piece of plexi for the lid on a box, and I need to know the best way to go about it. Last time I attempted something like this the plexi exploded (for lack of a better term) after I cut the third button hole. I was using a spade bit and going really fast with the drill. Since then I've purchased forstner bits, but I'm unsure what the technique should be. Really fast, or slow through the plexi? I'm thinking slow, but I'd like to get some input before I flush $8 down the toilet.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Metrohunter posted:

It's probably a troll but I've always liked the idea of there being some kind of side-tournament at EVO where each round is a random poverty game. I think Spooky streamed something similar last year and the finals was some N64 fighting game that had style points instead of a traditional HP bar.

Mystery tournaments are always the best

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That was War Gods, I think, and it wasn't Evo.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Metrohunter posted:

Fighters Destiny rules and I'm sad Imagineer screwed up the sequel/didn't port it to the Playstation. It could have been a really good VF rival.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Metrohunter posted:

That was UFGT I think. Say what you will about Keits, but the guy definitely puts on the best mystery game tournaments. :)

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I hope they put on a MUGEN tournament.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
If any of you guys still want to play some Melty Blood, there's a bunch of goons learning it in #goonsgarden.

The netplay could use some work, but it's bearable if there's someone close to you.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Mister Blueberry posted:

It looks allright to me, i'll give it a try. Thanks man.

Edit: This stupid art looks like it's welded on the stick, can't get it off. Allright, I just made things way worse.

You need this stuff. It will take off any adhesive.

You probably shouldn't have tried taking the sticker off until you had your replacement art done, but you have already pushed your chips in now.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 18, 2012

BornOfMachine
Feb 17, 2006
Lord of the Fries

interrodactyl posted:

If any of you guys still want to play some Melty Blood, there's a bunch of goons learning it in #goonsgarden.

The netplay could use some work, but it's bearable if there's someone close to you.

a bunch of us in #meltybros on synirc started playing a couple days ago too if you want to get some games

BornOfMachine fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 18, 2012

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Man, this poo poo is just sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzyytYoh6FU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't see why anyone would want to be apart of EMP after the Chinatown movie

• Locked thread