Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Hmm no obvious reference to title in the spiel. unless I missed something, still the _____ of void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Well its pretty drat obvious that Roxy is the Hero of Void now.

e: Bro will be the Prince of Heart :allears:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rumda posted:

Hmm no obvious reference to title in the spiel. unless I missed something, still the _____ of void.

Got stuck at the bottom of the last page.

I posted:

She appears to be the ROGUE of VOID, judging by her ROGUISH BEHAVIOR toward the FELLAS.

SlendermanMythos
Jan 10, 2012

by Ozmaugh
Really want to touch, and kiss, the 8 ball woman. What is she? Doe s she exist in real life?

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
Woo! Roxy! So now we know that the names don't have to monosyllabic, although now we also only have one name left to guess at (and it's totally going to be Dick.)

I'm glad that the Jaspers mystery has finally been solved. That had been itching at me for sort a long time and I was worried that it would never be dealt with or have any sort of importance to the story.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

What the hell is vision omnifold? Does she remember the session or something. Also Rose can never see roxy due to her powers, how depressing

SlendermanMythos
Jan 10, 2012

by Ozmaugh
At first I thougth she might be a black, but blacks are, contrary to their name, brown.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

What the hell is vision omnifold? Does she remember the session or something. Also Rose can never see roxy due to her powers, how depressing

Likely the same wizard powers she had in the session.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

King of Solomon posted:

She appears to be the ROGUE of VOID, judging by her ROGUISH BEHAVIOR toward the FELLAS.

Ah yeah didn't see that, makes sense

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

A perfectly white cat? So it isn't Jaspers getting crushed.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
She has a Complacency of the Learned poster. Hopefully we'll get to read more of Rose's literary output. :allears:

And no normal windows, except maybe on the other two walls.

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
Roxy is a fantastic name for her personality. Rozz would also have been acceptable, despite being a weird spelling

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Vision Omnifold?

Fuckin' Mindfang! :tinfoil:

SlendermanMythos
Jan 10, 2012

by Ozmaugh
The update is cool, but my q.s are still unanswered.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

A perfectly white cat? So it isn't Jaspers getting crushed.

What makes you think it isn't?

To clarify, I'm pretty sure I know what it is referencing, I just want to see if anyone else comes to the same conclusion I am.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 15, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
So what else can we learn from the background?

Looks like she has a violin (whether or not she plays it) and uses riflekind or something like it. Grey harpoonoid rifle with some resemblance to Ahab's Crosshairs on her table, some sort of suspiciously crocker-red raygun on her bed.

Wizard-and-cat pile. I'm going to just assume Dave was completely right about her B1 version's enthusiasm for wizards being totally genuine.

Also those frozen cats are apparently "dead specimens", possibly including the one that looks exactly like Mutini. I guess we'll have to wait for more details to see what that upsets and how.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.

Fat_Cow posted:

What the hell is vision omnifold?

Seer of Light, anyone?

Hellooooo?

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Dizz posted:

Vision Omnifold?

You are thinking Octofold.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

You are thinking Octofold.

it was simply eightfold

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dizz posted:

Vision Omnifold?

Complacency of the Goddamn I'm Awesome, Everyone Come Check Out How Fresh I Am Right Now
New Unabridged Edition with a Forward From the Author (its about how dope she is fyi)
1200 mostly redundant pages
Hardcover

Chapter 1:
im like the fly malcolm x, buy any jeans necessary
- Huey P. Newton

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 15, 2012

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
So all of Roxy's windows are the fancy portal windows from PS.
She's got a pink Gameboy, Wii, Gamecube, Playstation, etc
This universe's Rose got Complacency of the Learned published and has poster merchandise apparently.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Imagine that: best character has best introduction.

I'm guessing now that Mutini wound up in the lab by Rose's house when Roxy chucked it through a fourth wall/window, and then it thawed out in there. Or something?

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

She's got a pink Gameboy, Wii, Gamecube, Playstation, etc
This universe's Rose got Complacency of the Learned published and has poster merchandise apparently.

Well, Roxy's mom is a published author

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Mazerunner posted:

Those fenestrated walls have been in Homestuck since we were first introduced to Jack. As ever, though, I'm sure these windows willpower useful/vital in future updates. Maybe.

Also, I can't link it cos I'm on an iPad but the banner add :stare:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Pink 360 as well

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That's a lot of windows.

I can only hope the tendency towards unnpleasant fates is not shared among heroes of Void and Rogues in general.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Waffnuffly posted:

I'm guessing now that Mutini wound up in the lab by Rose's house when Roxy chucked it through a fourth wall/window, and then it thawed out in there. Or something?

Yeah, that's possible. That'd reraise the question of what happened to the one she landed with, though.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

FaceTime posted:

Those fenestrated walls have been in Homestuck since we were first introduced to Jack. As ever, though, I'm sure these windows willpower useful/vital in future updates. Maybe.

Also, I can't link it cos I'm on an iPad but the banner add :stare:

Looks like that banner ad is only in Europe. So repost: http://i.imgur.com/jKANq.png

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

She's got a rifle laying there by her laptop and an old-school zap gun on her bed! I doubt either of those are going to be her weapon of choice, though.

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009

FaceTime posted:

They're probably how she hung out with UU I'm guessing and picked up on troll culture.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Seems we have seen those pile of Wizard and Cat Dolls in Roxy's room once before.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

MrBims posted:

What makes you think it isn't?

To clarify, I'm pretty sure I know what it is referencing, I just want to see if anyone else comes to the same conclusion I am.
godcat? godcat is unmurderable.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm giving up my Redglare avatar for Eglamore, sorry folks. Feel free to add mine back to the heap.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Chode posted:

Really want to touch, and kiss, the 8 ball woman. What is she? Doe s she exist in real life?

Hell yeah she exists in real life! She's a cutie cotton-skinned beetle with cool, not at all creepy oval eyes. And yes - same.

I've gotta say, though, I hope Hussie's good enough to subvert some of the aspects of Roxy's character description a little. A lot of it kinda reads like someone's fan-troll/fan-kid - 'oh yes, she's a totes ridic haxor (how ironic), no, the fanfiction that I she writes isn't very good, but yeah, she's totally into ~nostalgic indie gaming~ (only quasi-ironic tumblr? You bet) ... I dunno, it feels a little pandering, almost. I know that it's totally unfair and anachronistic, to say the least - Hussie did come up with characters like this first - and the dialogue we've had with her so far shows us that she's hilariously written, if nothing else. If she'd been the first kid we'd seen this Act, though, I would have been a little nervous. That said, Hussie's hopefully a good enough writer not to fall into that sort of trap.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 15, 2012

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Things to be picked at:

>Tons of windows a la Problem Sleuth(that 4th wall acting as a window, does she even live in a proper house? might be some bunker or some crap :tinfoil:)
>Complacency of the Learned is a movie here, too(Starring Dave Strider? in a checkerboard LoHaC?)
>Violin(Unless perspective is skewed, could be a Cello?)
>Ray gun(?)
>ROGUISH ... VOID = Rogue of Void
>Assault Rifle version of LPoS/Ahab's Crosshairs
>No pink PS3

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

A Spider posted:

>Assault Rifle version of LPoS/Ahab's Crosshairs

It's the one she has in [S] Descend.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
HUSSIEEEEEEE! :argh:

KoB
May 1, 2009

ActionZero posted:

HUSSIEEEEEEE! :argh:

Came here to post exactly this.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I want to be mad but Microhoof :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I can see why he didn't post any of these pages yesterday (I'm assuming he didn't make them all today), the timing on these is a nice little extra joke for the :f5: crew.