Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2012/01/katia-keep-trying/

Well heck, looks like Katia is on her way to making a new frie...oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Zenzirouj posted:

http://www.prequeladventure.com/2012/01/katia-keep-trying/

Well heck, looks like Katia is on her way to making a new frie...oh.

Well, she saved the town from a poisoning. It's safe now and nothing bad can happen to it, ever.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well, that was depressing!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
You know, I'm pretty sure you can bullseye slaughterfish with a fireball no problem.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Yeah, I've killed a few in Skyrim by lobbing fireballs into the water in their general direction.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Tarezax posted:

Yeah, I've killed a few in Skyrim by lobbing fireballs into the water in their general direction.

But this is Oblivion :confused:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Fireball technology has advanced by leaps and bounds in the two centuries in between games!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Also she's likely not a high enough level to set aquatic life on fire. She may in fact have none of the level, none of them.

gently caress, I was going to type something else but I forgot what is was. Probably wasn't important.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

QueerPope posted:

But this is Oblivion :confused:

Leeks aren't actually in Oblivion :ssh:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Gnome de plume posted:

Also she's likely not a high enough level to set aquatic life on fire.

More generally, this is Katia we're talking about here. She's not going to be as capable as the average PC.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well, that was depressing!

She didn't almost drown, so she's doing better than I thought she'd do!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I think there's going to be a time she wishes she had those two extra Septims.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Looks like Katia's about to make an earnest attempt to get eaten by slaughterfish.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Katia Managan
2011-2012 (or whatever year she was born/year it is in the ES universe)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Eggie posted:

Katia Managan
2011-2012 (or whatever year she was born/year it is in the ES universe)

It's just that Kazerad wants to do a Skyrim Prequel is all.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I have a feeling that being stuck in a well will be to Katia's advantage once certain things happen in Kvatch.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Pakled posted:

I have a feeling that being stuck in a well will be to Katia's advantage once certain things happen in Kvatch.

But that would mean she can't be the main character, since the destruction of Kvatch happened right at the start of the game when the main character's supposed to be in jail. Playing with the idea that she could be the main character struck me as one of the comic's main tentpoles, hence the title 'Prequel', I don't think Kazerad's going to drop that so soon.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
What a... wellhanger.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The abseil gag was great.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I can't believe we actually have a reason to worry about slaughterfish after three games of pretty much not needing to give a poo poo.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I like the absail thing because when Katia looks it up, she's at the very beginning of the dictionary, at what looks like the end of the A section. That was neat attention to detail.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I think Hirtel is my new favorite character.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I didn't notice it before, but drat That Is A Fine Duck.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
So, do you think the stuff she hid in the crate will be stolen, or lost in an explosion of some sort?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

quote:

what if you just have to… go a little crazy, and everything you do will turn to gold?

I think katia just leveled up.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Soonmot posted:

I think katia just leveled up.

She won't know it until she gets an hour's rest, though.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Maple Leaf posted:

I like the absail thing because when Katia looks it up, she's at the very beginning of the dictionary, at what looks like the end of the A section. That was neat attention to detail.

Thanks!

I like to think details such as this make up for the fact I forget to draw her little purse thing in half the panels.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Kazerad posted:

Thanks!

I like to think details such as this make up for the fact I forget to draw her little purse thing in half the panels.

I'll let it slide, since I forget she has a purse thing in the first place.

Also, it's too bad she doesn't have any health potions on hand.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I honestly feel like railroading is the only thing that i making Katia do this. How the hell does she not think this will not fail? I mean, even if slaughterfish can't just jump out of the water (can they?), They could probably just yank her in by her hatchet.

Fortunately, even the most unlucky characters are usually immune from deaths this abrupt and stupid. And besides, she can't die because she has to learn a basic heal spell, go to the Greater Imperial City Area, and then get arrested and thrown that cell which is conveniently her own personal Room 101.

edit: Being bitten by the vampire chick might actually be smarter than this slaughterfish-axing plan, to be honest. Catching porphyric hemophilia is not guaranteed, and even if she did catch it she could A. miraculously get enough spare cash to buy a cure potion, or B. become a vampire and get some insider job offers from her new Vampire Coven friends.

Edit again: Kazerad, if you read this before you check your MSPAF inbox, I sent you a thing saying I'm pretty sure "absail" is actually spelled abseil. Also I sent a reply briefly apologizing for contributing minorly to the plague of stupid, spergy commands several months and what must be many suggestion threads ago.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 23, 2012

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I honestly feel like railroading is the only thing that i making Katia do this. How the hell does she not think this will not fail? I mean, even if slaughterfish can't just jump out of the water (can they?), They could probably just yank her in by her hatchet.

Fortunately, even the most unlucky characters are usually immune from deaths this abrupt and stupid. And besides, she can't die because she has to learn a basic heal spell, go to the Greater Imperial City Area, and then get arrested and thrown that cell which is conveniently her own personal Room 101.

edit: Being bitten by the vampire chick might actually be smarter than this slaughterfish-axing plan, to be honest. Catching porphyric hemophilia is not guaranteed, and even if she did catch it she could A. miraculously get enough spare cash to buy a cure potion, or B. become a vampire and get some insider job offers from her new Vampire Coven friends.

Edit again: Kazerad, if you read this before you check your MSPAF inbox, I sent you a thing saying I'm pretty sure "absail" is actually spelled abseil. Also I sent a reply briefly apologizing for contributing minorly to the plague of stupid, spergy commands several months and what must be many suggestion threads ago.

:stare: Jesus christ, man. You can't criticize 'spergy commands after writing that post

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lysdexique posted:

:stare: Jesus christ, man. You can't criticize 'spergy commands after writing that post
To be fair, I edited twice to add stuff over the course of a few hours.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

To be fair, I edited twice to add stuff over the course of a few hours.

This does not aid your cause.

Cryle
Jul 19, 2008

by Ozmaugh
Sometimes a man realizes he has not said all there is to say on the topic of cats absailing down wells. Twice.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

We are now the perfectly normal human woman.

What do we do?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Whoops. Well, this can't end well. Nice one, Kaz, I didn't see that angle coming.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

That nice smell must be the jelly from earlier.

Because we are a normal human female.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
One that's got something stuck in their teeth. Possibly a very pale and pointy hunk of asparagus.

Oh, but isn't that the most adorable blood-filled kitty you ever saw? I submit that yes, it is.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
I clicked this thread thinking we were going to be making fun of some dumb furry comic, I skimmed the OP and somewhat reluctantly clicked the comic link while quietly scoffing at the idea.

That was 3 hours ago and I can't stop reading, flipping hell.

I havn't read anything new in the thread because spoilers but I'll be back when I'm caught up.

e: I can't get over how much I like a webcomic about a catgirl.

EvilMuppet fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 27, 2012

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

EvilMuppet posted:

That was 3 hours ago and I can't stop reading, flipping hell.

Join the club: there I was, not too days ago, surfing the internet looking for anything miscellaneous to read, I notice a name that peaked my interest.
It turns out that the name was that of a german melodic death metal band. Interested in learning more since I never heard of that genre, I then click on a Youtube link provided to me by Google. I then discovered that it's indeed a genre I already heard, but never knew it was called like that.
My curiosity satisfied, I was about to browse something else, when something odd caught my eye: the comments were all referencing some Katia, a guy called Asotil and a lot of references to TESIV: Oblivion.
Admittedly, the music itself had a few sections that reminded me of Morrowind and Skyrim's themes, but it felt more like a coincidence than anything else; besides, no comment I read mentioned that, and the references were regularly being made by multiple users.
My interest picked once more, I did a quick search and stumbled upon Prequel, a MSPA-styled comic.
Cue me getting sucked into the comic, wake the next day with only a few hours of sleep (after having forced myself off the screen), and promptly finished my archive binge as soon as I got home.
And then in one of the comment by the author himself I see SA being mentioned, and then spent the last couple of hours going through this thread, with discussions ranging from "what makes it a comic", fan-base management, etc.
Things like this make me love the internet.

I hope this will spark some interesting replies, so I have to ask the thread: how did you end up here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

radintorov posted:

so I have to ask the thread: how did you end up here?

I, like what I assume is going to be a lot of others, came here from the MS Paint Adventures thread, where we discussed Prequel before it got its own thread.

• Locked thread