Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Grant DaNasty posted:

It might be kind of cool to have Necro Butcher crashing at your apartment for a few days. Sitting around smoking, playing video games, and hearing him tell road stories.

But then I'd have to explain to my girlfriend why I have a scary looking homeless man sleeping on my couch.

You and Butcher will talk politics. I met Butcher once and we talked a bit of politics.

Don't buy him strong beer to drink either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

SmarkySmark posted:

@WWEUniverse Tonight... we tweet for CHANGE! #SmarkArmyMobilize

It's GO TIME tonight, bitches. :smug:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

T3hRen3gade posted:

I...er... what?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lone Rogue posted:

I...er... what?

don't watch RAW. Don't tweet RAW. #OccupyNoFunZone

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

T3hRen3gade posted:

"fuk @JohnCena youre no ratings draw. please RT if you love bagelfuls"

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Lone Rogue posted:

I...er... what?

coconono posted:

don't watch RAW. Don't tweet RAW. #OccupyNoFunZone

I believe the proper response is Hoo#RAW. :dance:

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

T3hRen3gade posted:

What the gently caress? Just no.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The idea of a smark army is really stupid.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

The GIG posted:

Remember TNA's Heel Section? That was stupider.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

What the gently caress? Just no.

But but...they call themselves an army, doesn't that mean they're important? :smith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

Remember TNA's Heel Section? That was stupider.

Do you mean the Crucial Crew?

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But but...they call themselves an army, doesn't that mean they're important? :smith:

By virtue of the fact that fuckin twitter is their means of "attack"...no. No they are not. Only important thing on twitter is the wacky antics of Coconono.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

The GIG posted:

Why, exactly? Granted it's not a PERFECT plan (I hate myself for starting a Twitter account, believe me) but if WWE wants to talk up Twitter every ten seconds, what better way to make them stop than to use it against them? It probably won't amount to anything, but whatever. I find it entertaining.

And you're all dangerously close to being dishonorably discharged. :colbert:

T3hRen3gade fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 17, 2012

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

T3hRen3gade posted:

but if WWE wants to talk up Twitter every ten seconds, what better way to make them stop than to use it against them?

Who needs them to stop? As Punk and others have pointed out, if not for Vince's hard-on for Twitter, it's entirely possible people like Ryder and Bryan, who are beloved by smarks on Twitter, would be lost in the shuffle. So the idea of a smark crusade against Twitter because Vince loves Twitter is asinine.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

tzirean posted:

Who needs them to stop? As Punk and others have pointed out, if not for Vince's hard-on for Twitter, it's entirely possible people like Ryder and Bryan, who are beloved by smarks on Twitter, would be lost in the shuffle. So the idea of a smark crusade against Twitter because Vince loves Twitter is asinine.

What's more asinine is tossing a Twitter graphic on the screen during every single match. I'm sorry, but they need to tone it down a bit.

Edit: Also, the point isn't to get them to STOP talking about/using Twitter altogether, I misspoke. It's a platform for any number of smarky grievances with the company in general.

T3hRen3gade fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 17, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Twitter is the new neilsen's. Another terribly inaccurate way of gauging what's popular and interesting. All it really proves is there are a lot of morons using their phones for something other than calling people.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

So Punk had a kid?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hirams Bitch posted:

So Punk had a kid?

http://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/159044626014142464

gonna say no.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
Punk just became an uncle. :unsmith:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

T3hRen3gade posted:

Punk just became an uncle. :unsmith:

C! M! PUNKLE!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Labeling yourself as a "smark" on the internet is one of the most embarrassing things you can do. In the age of the internet, everyone knows exactly what's going on, so all you're doing is telling everyone that you think you know better than multi-million dollar businesses.

What I'm saying is stop watching wrestling and trying to change what you don't like, because it's not going to happen. Watch wrestling that you enjoy. There are alternatives, even to the "Alternative"

e: Johnny Ace is trending on Twitter because no one knows how to legitimately spell his last name.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 17, 2012

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Apparently Cena and Punk sold ad space for Liam Neeson's new flick in their twitter feeds. Either that or they're hash tagging them #ad and #spon ironically.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

drat Storm...

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Evan Bourne posted:

Sorry y'all... sometimes we become our own worst enemies

Also...

Beth Phoenix posted:

Apparently I had a baby? I love the internet

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

apsouthern posted:

Also...

Please Bourne, learn from your mistakes. You still have a chance to not screw this up.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Please Bourne, learn from your mistakes. You still have a chance to not screw this up.

2 failures for someone the level of Bourne might be the tipping point as far as WWE is concerned, honestly.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
At this point, if he loves his weed so much, go get paid elsewhere.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

2 failures for someone the level of Bourne might be the tipping point as far as WWE is concerned, honestly.

Wasn't he the one who tried to poo poo talk WWE on twitter before remembering 'oh right they know what this is'?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

DannoMack posted:

Apparently Cena and Punk sold ad space for Liam Neeson's new flick in their twitter feeds. Either that or they're hash tagging them #ad and #spon ironically.

Apparently, they are sponsoring WWE, and a couple of wrestlers went to an advance screening.

In all honesty, the film looks pretty cool.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is the most promotion the WWE has given to a rabid wolverine in years.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Did we miss this one somehow? It popped up on the main page today:

Also:

William Regal posted:

Not one for usually telling old stories but...The day after the Mike Tyson-Evander Holyfield incident I was here in Las Vegas. I was out with my friend and MMA legend Don Frye. We were a couple of naughty boys.Anyway at 5.30 on Monday morning I left a club to get back to my hotel to get cleaned up for a 6.30 pick up to go to a radio station to promote WCW Nitro that was on that night at the MGM Grand. I go into the station and I recognize the Dj as the singer from metal band Quiet Riot(who'd had a hit with a Slade cover). So,live on air, I plug the show and then the subject of Slade came up, Slade being my favourite band. He said "we made them guys a lot of money". I got the proper hump and said "don't you think it's the other way round flower. The only hit your poxy band had was one of their songs". He said some snide comment so I threatened to chin him and pull off his wig (a full, long metal fashioned affair)off his head. I was asked by security to leave the building and banned from the station. I'm glad I've calmed down over the years

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I want ROH to bring back the Straight Shootin series and get an interview with William Regal when he's done in WWE.

Either that or an extended WOR interview that's as long as the Bruno ones.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I would be deathly afraid of anyone who calls me flower in an argument.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Did we miss this one somehow? It popped up on the main page today:

Actually it was posted quite a while back, but I'm always happy to see it again.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Actually it was posted quite a while back, but I'm always happy to see it again.

Was he talking to himself when he posted that?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

CombineThresher posted:

Was he talking to himself when he posted that?

No, but he inadvertently did here!

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Lone Rogue posted:

I would be deathly afraid of anyone who calls me flower in an argument.

Seriously, dude who does that is either crazy, or absolutely, 100% sure he could kick your rear end into next week. Not a good spot to be, in any case.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No, but he inadvertently did here!

Don't even loving get him STARTED on the boat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Shawn Michaels posted:

BREAKING NEWS!!! Apparently the _ has been dropped from my name, what does that mean? What does it do? Easier? Harder? I don't like change!!