Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

the kawaiiest posted:

Here, :nws: :nms: I've got a gift for you.

You're welcome! :shobon:

Khazar-khum posted:

You know how I can tell the Internet has killed my soul?

I looked at that and thought, "That was an expensive modification."

I once joked with a friend about writing an absurd murder-mystery where the perpetrator was kidnapping people, killing them, then altering/trussing up their corpses as anthros before committing creepy taxidermical necrophilia. He'd wear a wolf fursuit while out hunting for his victims, and put on his hoof-boots and antler-helmet when it's funtime. For virility.

Behold, the horror of The Serial Yiffer.

And now the worst depths of my imagination have been instantiated in reality. I hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Having got some idea from this thread the kind of horrific things people obsess about, that story actually sounds like it would be piss-your-pants scary to me.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

ShadowCatboy posted:

You know, if furries hadn't ruined this sort of Narnia junk for me I would probably think this was amazingly awesome poo poo. In principle I would really like to think all those wolf/lynx whatever costumes are pretty killer, but then I suspect that after this photoshoot the dudes are cornholing in a walk-in closet or something. :(

Seriously, it reminds me of Tracy Butler's old stuff. She's the one who does the Lackadaisy webcomic.

Tracy Butler isn't a furry, though. According to the Lackadaisy FAQ she prefers drawing anthropomorphic animals because it allows her to draw more exaggerated facial expressions.

At least I hope she's not a furry :ohdear:

For content: I went to high school with a number of....interesting people. Aside from the fellow I posted in the Awkward and Ugly thread, the one who immediately comes to mind is "America-chan". She started off relatively sane. Then she started writing horrible original-character self-insert Star Trek fanfic. I remember her printing out excerpts from her deviantart gallery and passing them around at anime club. "Okay", I thought, "at least she isn't spouting this stuff in public"

Then she found Hetalia.

For those of you who haven't stared down that particular abyss, it's an anime about anthropomorphized countries getting into shenanigans, mostly during WWII. Think a collection of cutesy stereotypes, most of them pretty boys. She started going by "America" or "America-chan" and insisted on assigning each of her friends a country. They went along with it at first, but as she got deeper into the fandom she got crazier, fatter, and stopped taking care of basic things like hygiene. She and a friend starting making up and drawing (rather badly, think typical deviantart horribly proportioned chibi animu desu desu style drawings) original characters for states and cities. This in itself isn't all that weird, but one day she hands me her sketch book and asks me to look.

:911::byodame::Hey Great Green Auk, I drew some new characters, wanna see?

Like an idiot, I accepted. Anything to make her leave me alone.

:gonk:: What....what am I even looking at?

:911::byodame:: It's [insert her "human name" for New York here] and [New Hampshire] comforting each other because it's the anniversary of 9/11 and and

(Important note: I went to high school in New York. Some kids in my school lost parents)

:gonk:: Why are they half-naked?

:911::byodame:: Because they're comforting each other and it was sad and oh my god aren't they sooo cute?

She leaned in uncomfortably close, a disturbing gleam in her piggy eyes. "They live in my head, you know. They're real. Canada won't believe me but that's how I write all of the stories". "Canada", at this point, had stopped putting up with her bullshit. Now I knew why.

I have more stories from the depths of anime club if anyone's interested!
The Boy who would be Goku
The tale of Jason, lover of faucets
"I want to know what they'd smell like in real life"
The Amazing Spider-boy

Edit: I can't spell good :downs:

Great Green Auk fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 17, 2012

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Great Green Auk posted:

I have more stories from the depths of anime club if anyone's interested!
The Boy who would be Goku
The tale of Jason, lover of faucets
"I want to know what they'd smell like in real life"
The Amazing Spider-boy

Everyone is interested, no need to hold back. Jason sounds special, start with him.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:
Seriously folks, we're here for the crazy. just keep that goodness flowing.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I wouldn't mind hearing about The Amazing Spider-boy :)

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
My sister called me today. She was at Furcon in San Jose over the weekend.

She has always loved and collected dolls and stuffed animals. A few years ago she went into business, making some anthro animals such as Egyptian gods. She also made some highly realistic critters as well. Since she's gotten ill she no longer makes animals, but does sell some from other manufacturers.

She's not into fursuits, but she does wear cat ears with certain costumes.

I asked her about the fursuit people. You know, for science. :science:

She said that the mascot-type are popular because they are the easiest to make. They can be made out of cheaper fur and still be OK. The high-end, realistic ones are much more expensive in terms of fur and time.

She also said she hates the idiots who do the yiffing crap and never bother to get the suit cleaned. :barf:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Great Green Auk posted:

Tracy Butler isn't a furry, though. According to the Lackadaisy FAQ she prefers drawing anthropomorphic animals because it allows her to draw more exaggerated facial expressions.
I think what ShadowCatboy is getting at isn't that anthromorphs are the same as furries, but that it is harder to enjoy anthromorphs for their own merit when the internet has trained you to instantly associate it with socially awkward men butt-loving each other in wolf costumes.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

Valex posted:

I wouldn't mind hearing about The Amazing Spider-boy :)

I Watson posted:

Everyone is interested, no need to hold back. Jason sounds special, start with him.

I'll start with The Amazing Spider-Boy because it's relatively short and I have stuff to do this evening. He'll be known as "The Amazing Spider-Boy" for the length of this post because I a)don't actually remember his name and b)am too lazy to make up a good alias anyway.

For a bit of background on these stories, I was in anime club for all of high school. It was actually more of a catch-all "nerd club", and we had plenty of well-adjusted, sane, awesome people to balance out the crazy. Having said that, we certainly had plenty of crazy. Including the subject of this little tale: The Amazing Spider-Boy.

On the outside, The Amazing Spider-Boy looked like your typical mouth-breathing, slightly pudgy, awkward teenage anime fan stereotype. But secretly, this mild-mannered kid was really The Amazing Spider-Boy!

You see, he was trying to make it big by writing smash-hit comic books with his own original character named Spider-Boy. On any given day he might assault you with a 40-minute spiel about his latest adventures with various other Marvel/DC characters and random anime crossovers. I seem to recall one script that involved a team-up with Wolverine and there was something in there about the discovery of the legendary Tetsusaiga (yes, from InuYasha) and some other random crap. If you want to know what these literary masterworks were like, read Christian Humber Reloaded. TASB was basically Christian Humber Lite. Same bizarre crossovers and Mary Sues, same extremely tenuous grasp of the English language. Except unlike Christian Humber, TASB actually converted his works into comics himself. The results are exactly as awful as you'd imagine them to be.

Still, he thought he'd make millions one day. Never mind that there already WAS an existing Spider-Boy. He was a 1996 Amalgam Comics crossover oneshot character published by Marvel. But you wouldn't dare tell that to TASB. As far as he was concerned, he invented Spider-boy himself and anyone who said otherwise was a [sputtered string of almost-obscenities and vague insults here]. The more you insisted, the more worked-up he got. His face would turn red like a greasy tomato and his voice would steadily creep up in tone until almost reaching the limit of human hearing.

I've heard his literary output has increased as of late. What I wouldn't give for a sample of his current writing :allears: I've also heard that he made a costume. To wear. To school. Yeah.

Compared to the other denizens of the crazy part of anime club, TASB is pretty tame.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Great Green Auk posted:

At least I hope she's not a furry :ohdear:

Looking it up she seems to have gone to a few cons and stuff, but I really don't think she's a furry. She draws the stuff (clean stuff only too) but she doesn't internalize it. I've chatted with her over AIM before and she's really chill.

Plus she's got a nice successful job as the head of the graphics department at Simutronics.

quote:

Then she found Hetalia.

For those of you who haven't stared down that particular abyss, it's an anime about anthropomorphized countries getting into shenanigans, mostly during WWII. Think a collection of cutesy stereotypes, most of them pretty boys. She started going by "America" or "America-chan" and insisted on assigning each of her friends a country. They went along with it at first, but as she got deeper into the fandom she got crazier, fatter, and stopped taking care of basic things like hygiene. She and a friend starting making up and drawing (rather badly, think typical deviantart horribly proportioned chibi animu desu desu style drawings) original characters for states and cities. This in itself isn't all that weird, but one day she hands me her sketch book and asks me to look.

As much as I think the idea of Hetalia is funny as hell (I'm a big fan of Scandanavia and the World, which pokes fun at national stereotypes among different countries) this is more than a little bizare.

Also it's funny how horribly the anime obsession escalates and leads to these predictable symptoms. I wonder why that is.

Maybe we can get it classified as a disease.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

ShadowCatboy posted:

Looking it up she seems to have gone to a few cons and stuff, but I really don't think she's a furry. She draws the stuff (clean stuff only too) but she doesn't internalize it. I've chatted with her over AIM before and she's really chill.

Plus she's got a nice successful job as the head of the graphics department at Simutronics.

As much as I think the idea of Hetalia is funny as hell (I'm a big fan of Scandanavia and the World, which pokes fun at national stereotypes among different countries) this is more than a little bizare.

Also it's funny how horribly the anime obsession escalates and leads to these predictable symptoms. I wonder why that is.

Maybe we can get it classified as a disease.

That sounds like an awesome job. Go Tracy! :)

As for America-chan, I suspect that she was always crazy but was really, really good at hiding it. We became friends long before her fanfic came to light, and it wasn't until Hetalia came out that she really went off the deep end. Personally, I think the idea behind Hetalia is pretty neat but I hate the oversimplification and moe-ization of one of the most horrifying global conflicts in history. Also, she insisted on calling me "Lithuania" and forced "Russia" to tackle-glomp me every day :gonk:

Oh god, I just remembered. She had a thing for making her characters violently murder each other and loved including graphic descriptions of dismemberment and torture. With cutesy illustrations. Maybe I should have been more afraid of America-chan bringing a gun to school than Goku.

Great Green Auk fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 17, 2012

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Great Green Auk posted:

That sounds like an awesome job. Go Tracy! :)

Oh word of note: Tracy also has a SomethingAwful account and loads of her coworkers are goons. They may be reading this right now!

Seriously though I've only talked with her on and off a couple years ago, but she's a great person all-around and super professional.

quote:

As for America-chan, I suspect that she was always crazy but was really, really good at hiding it. We became friends long before her fanfic came to light, and it wasn't until Hetalia came out that she really went off the deep end. Personally, I think the idea behind Hetalia is pretty neat but I hate the oversimplification and moe-ization of one of the most horrifying global conflicts in history. Also, she insisted on calling me "Lithuania" and forced "Russia" to tackle-glomp me every day :gonk:

I'd just treat it as satire, personally. Frankly, Japan addressing World War II in any capacity seems kinda impressive to me, since as I understand it there's a lot you just do not talk about in regards to WW2 if you're Japanese.

P.S. did you ever reflect on the irony of this girl labeling herself as the embodiment of America, then becoming super fat and crazy?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Great Green Auk posted:

Also, she insisted on calling me "Lithuania" and forced "Russia" to tackle-glomp me every day :gonk:

I am so sorry.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Khazar-khum posted:

She also said she hates the idiots who do the yiffing crap and never bother to get the suit cleaned. :barf:

Is this something that really happens? Those things can't be very well ventilated, especially the mascot costume variety (as anyone who's had a job as a mascot can testify), and too much physical activity or exercise (such as sex) in one of those things could kill you from heat exhaustion.

As far as deaths go, that's probably more embarrassing than death by autoerotic asphyxiation.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

ShadowCatboy posted:

If she is a furry, she's the kind I'm okay with: just in it for the cartoon animals. Lackadaisy goddamn owns and her drawing tutorial actually helped me some.

That Robin Hood thing is kind of awful though.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"The Boy Who Would be Goku" sounds like it should be the title of the next great novel.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Corridor posted:

If she is a furry, she's the kind I'm okay with: just in it for the cartoon animals. Lackadaisy goddamn owns and her drawing tutorial actually helped me some.

That Robin Hood thing is kind of awful though.

Yeah, you can't look at super cartoony animal faces stuck on human bodies (or human bodies with just hoofs/paws for feet) and say it's not furry. The only differences I've ever heard people say about "Furries" and "Anthros" was that furries were the gross, sex obsessed ones and anthros weren't - which isn't really applicable since Blacksad has sex scenes in it and isn't considered "furry."

My animation teachers all say that an anthro/cartoon animal is something you would not feel ashamed to draw naked, but that only applies to people with any semblance of shame. If you have no shame about drawing tits on a dog then how do you figure out if it's furry or anthro? It's just a big mess.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Well Manicured Man posted:

Is this something that really happens? Those things can't be very well ventilated, especially the mascot costume variety (as anyone who's had a job as a mascot can testify), and too much physical activity or exercise (such as sex) in one of those things could kill you from heat exhaustion.

As far as deaths go, that's probably more embarrassing than death by autoerotic asphyxiation.

She says she's seen some strange things, but never in public; it was usually at a private party in a hotel room. One guy tried to talk her into it as a way of 'bringing out her true feline self'.

She's married, BTW.

There are cooling vests you can wear and you can build in some ventilation. Even so, they're still hot as hell when it's warm out.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Khazar-khum posted:

There are cooling vests you can wear and you can build in some ventilation. Even so, they're still hot as hell when it's warm out.

I've been inside a cat-in-the-hat and a mama bear, and gently caress if I could see a drat thing in them. I had to have a helper to lead me around, and I think most mascots at disney and so forth have helpers. Ok, I guess that the brain is the biggest sex organ, and all that, but what's the point of doing it if you can't even see what you're doing?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Domus posted:

I've been inside a cat-in-the-hat and a mama bear, and gently caress if I could see a drat thing in them. I had to have a helper to lead me around, and I think most mascots at disney and so forth have helpers. Ok, I guess that the brain is the biggest sex organ, and all that, but what's the point of doing it if you can't even see what you're doing?

I guess it's the thought that counts?

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

ShadowCatboy posted:

You know, if furries hadn't ruined this sort of Narnia junk for me I would probably think this was amazingly awesome poo poo. In principle I would really like to think all those wolf/lynx whatever costumes are pretty killer, but then I suspect that after this photoshoot the dudes are cornholing in a walk-in closet or something. :(

Seriously, it reminds me of Tracy Butler's old stuff. She's the one who does the Lackadaisy webcomic.

Not to be all art-critic here about perspective and form, but did the foreground {creature?} just stab itself in the ankle?

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Frozen Horse posted:

Not to be all art-critic here about perspective and form, but did the foreground {creature?} just stab itself in the ankle?

No, the sword is between the legs. Chiming in with everyone else to say I absolutely love Lackadaisy and it's well worth a read for the wonderful drawing alone, not to mention funny and well written.

My only experience of crazy was a guy I knew at uni who was obsessed with Dragon Ball Z. He didn't think he was Goku but spent ages doing painstaking drawings, watching episodes over and over again and dressing up as Goku for any fancy dress party. Obviously then had to explain to everyone else there who the hell he was. Ok, not crazy crazy, but considering he was in his twenties, possibly past the age when DBZ is watchable. If DBZ can ever really be considered 'watchable'.

So, can we have the Goku story please? So glad this thread still has more to offer!

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

ShadowCatboy posted:

Seriously though I've only talked with her on and off a couple years ago, but she's a great person all-around and super professional.

Tracy absolutely is an awesome person. I sent her a piece I was working on years ago (early teenage years so it certainly wasn't great!) and she was not a bitch at all about it; she was polite, actually seemed interested, and definitely encouraging. :3: It was such a warm email, and I remember being so excited when she answered back. So if you ever stumble upon this, Tracy, thanks for being you and encouraging me to keep going strong. Sorry for contributing to the Tracy derail there.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

sugar mouse posted:

He didn't think he was Goku but spent ages doing painstaking drawings, watching episodes over and over again and dressing up as Goku for any fancy dress party. Obviously then had to explain to everyone else there who the hell he was. Ok, not crazy crazy, but considering he was in his twenties, possibly past the age when DBZ is watchable. If DBZ can ever really be considered 'watchable'.

So, can we have the Goku story please? So glad this thread still has more to offer!

Wait wait wait... "fancy dress party?" Do you mean costume party or some sort of formal cocktail hour with suits and ties and junk?

Because if it's the latter that is most definitely crazy.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

"Fancy dress" is what people in the UK (and Australia, I believe) call a costume party. I agree, it would be even more ridiculous if the guy wore it to a fancy cocktail hour.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
There is a difference between the internet horror story furries and the "people who like anthro animals and go to conventions but are seriously not into any of that fetishey, pseudo-spiritual or liefstyle crap". I know a lot of the latter sort and they really are just normal people with a daft hobby, and would never even THINK of drawing dog dicks.

I guess a lot of people on here wouldn't call that sort furries at all, since that word carries connotations of the icky or mentally unbalanced side of things. Still, I can promise you that at least SOME of the people in the suits really are just people having a laugh. Interestingly when it comes to MAKING suits, the sane:creepy ratio is even more favourable, at least for good quality suits. There's a certain amount of real world effort needed to get good at fursuit building, if you're too busy jerking off over ever reference picture I guess you don't get much done.

That being said, the crazy and creepy ones are there in abundance and are properly offputting, and there is a LOT of fetishey stuff in the fandom far more openly than just about any other.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
So, just chiming in to say I've seen the future of these people: was just asked by a homeless guy wearing a garbage bag poncho and a pair of raccoon ears and a tail if I could give him some money.

He's an "artist," you see. He proved it by opening a filthy sketchbook and showing me some yiff art. I told him I'd give him a dollar if he let me take a picture of him and it, but he started yelling about how his art is worth more than that and I just walked away. I'll try to run into him again and see if he'll take a tenner.

The furries have even infiltrated the fine, upstanding homeless population of Oakland! :argh:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

bringmyfishback posted:

So, just chiming in to say I've seen the future of these people: was just asked by a homeless guy wearing a garbage bag poncho and a pair of raccoon ears and a tail if I could give him some money.

He's an "artist," you see. He proved it by opening a filthy sketchbook and showing me some yiff art. I told him I'd give him a dollar if he let me take a picture of him and it, but he started yelling about how his art is worth more than that and I just walked away. I'll try to run into him again and see if he'll take a tenner.

The furries have even infiltrated the fine, upstanding homeless population of Oakland! :argh:

I don't know why that strikes me as so odd. But it really, really does.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

sugar mouse posted:

but considering he was in his twenties, possibly past the age when DBZ is watchable.
It's strange how shows you thought were great when you were younger seem like totally unbearable crap when you get older. DBZ and Pokemon are two great examples.
I wonder if I'll feel the same about Adventure Time when I'm older.
Nah, probably not.

Is Adventure Time too young of a show to have crazy fans who think they're princesses and married to Finn?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

bringmyfishback posted:

Are you completely for real because if so, this is absolutely, completely tragic in every single imaginable way. :stare:

Hell, the street is the worst place imaginable for people like this. The street makes people desperate. And desperate people do desperate things.

Anyway, I'm afraid I lack any stories like this. If anything, the worst weeaboo I've ever known would be, well, myself at one point in my life, really. :ohdear: But I can happily say that I never got even a tenth as bad as the examples here. Ironically it was college that helped me get over it since I had awesome friends who made me socialize like a normal person. :3:

nanomachines
Dec 7, 2011

man, checking into this thread periodically just makes my head spin anew every time.

I already shared my tale of crazy Bird God friend and his cult of spirit children, but... if we wanna talk about crazies in the BJD world, I'm pretty sure I have a good ton of those stories too.

I'm a member of a somewhat large, insular BJD community. Not giant like Den of Angels, but we have about 300-400 members on our forums and it's all localized so most of us know each other in person thanks to conventions, meetups, local sales, and just generally becoming friends. And man, there are some real nutcases out there. A majority of the people there are pretty normal folks who like to collect and modify toys, take pictures, and sew.... but there is a small cluster of whackjobs that make things extra "fun" sometimes.

We have one pig-nosed girl who is a pathological liar to the extreme and likes to tell people that she carries weapons everywhere to fight off all the rapists that try to get her. She insists she carries throwing knives, bladed fans, and bear mace, and that every man that glances her way is a salivating lunatic with a lust for her feminine girlflesh. She carries her dolls--- always dressed in fetish bondage gear--- around in public and talks to them to deter the potential "rapists". She has shared stories of taking her dolls everywhere from minor league hockey games to gay bars. Pig-nose also claims to have one of her dolls listed as her husband on facebook, and has made miniature condoms and sex toys for her gay bondage BJDs. She also claims to be a goth lolita with JJJ cup boobs (she dresses cheaply and her boobs are modest at best and likely due to her pudge more than anything). Oh, and she's always getting spectacularly injured or witnessing horrible acts of god, but is always miraculously fine when it comes time for the next meetup.

Her friend once came to an outdoor doll meet and lay on her back in the grass, holding her doll over her in the air like a baby, cooing to it for the whole drat day.

There was another lady, who I will call M, who carries her hideous doll around with her in public in a home-modified baby carrier. You know, the ones that strap to your chest? Yup. Carries around a really creepy looking elf-eared doll in one of those. She has told me how she talks to her dolls, and how she takes them dirt biking and camping and to movies with her. She couldn't be bothered to take off the elf doll’s old face paint to re paint him when she needed to, either, so she just coated his face in too-bright acrylic, making him look like a goth mime.

At a convention last year, M hung around my sales table to tell me at length about how her doll was dressed as her character cosplaying as Jareth from Labyrinth. She told me that she designed his outfit herself because it was “more in character for Jareth to have a new outfit than to rewear one seen in the movie”, and had put the Jareth wig OVER her doll’s normal one because “he’s the kind of person who would be lazy about that kind of thing and have his real hair sticking out”. She was also dressed as what she called an “aerial earth goblin”; her own creation for the Labyrinth universe. She was wearing a black t-shirt that said GOBLIN on it in glow in the dark font, had a colander on her head, a pair of poo poo-brown wings on her back, her doll in the carrier on her chest, and was holding a stick with a bunch of (plush) dead chickens hanging off of it. “Because we all know how goblins feel about chickens,” she told me.

No. No we don’t.

Oh, and M’s middle aged and is married and posts nudes of herself on Deviantart. And types like a 12 year old on cocaine. She also painted pictures of her doll on her underwear. She got banned from the forum for being loving insane and irritating.

We briefly had one girl who referred to her doll as her "son", and blocked out his face on doll clothing sales photos to protect his identity. I’ve never met her in person, and while calling dolls children is not unheard of in the BJD world, it’s still weird to me.

There’s another woman who has a bajillion dolls and talks to them. She will carry on full conversations with her own dolls at meetups, or if she’s at a dealers room for a convention, she will consult the doll she is carrying around for its opinion on potential purchases. I have seen her literally sit in a corner by herself and talk to her dolls for hours, only taking breaks to eat, drink bubbletea, or occasionally interject into real conversations. She works administration for the local police.

I know there are more, but these are the first that came to mind.

nanomachines fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 19, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

I posted:

Is Adventure Time too young of a show to have crazy fans who think they're princesses and married to Finn?

The artists of the show draw gay/lesbian porn of the princess and the vampire girl together, so I'd say it has a head start on that.

nanomachines posted:

We have one pig-nosed girl who is a pathological liar to the extreme and likes to tell people that she carries weapons everywhere to fight off all the rapists that try to get her. She insists she carries throwing knives, bladed fans, and bear mace, and that every man that glances her way is a salivating lunatic with a lust for her feminine girlflesh.

Man, I can understand wanting to be cautious but why do all these crazy girls honestly believe that all men are out to rape them? So weird.

It was a little cute how you said her doll was wearing a wig over his wig because he was cosplaying though. If it didn't have the rest of the post around it it would actually be really adorable.

Pterodactyl Feet
Mar 7, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

Here, :nws: :nms: I've got a gift for you.

You're welcome! :shobon:

Oh god, :wtc:.

Phuzzy posted:

The astral soul of her astral boyfriend ends up in the resin form of her BJD.

Thankfully you can wash resin!

Yes, that's pretty much it.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I wanted to update some more.

Jen + Inuyasha or, a sign of things to come.

To properly introduce Lauren, I'll have to explain more about Jen.
I don't know when the Inuyasha bug bit her, she and I had always gone to different schools, and my mom stopped being willing or able to take me anywhere because of car trouble or something, so her being that close to me on a daily basis was a pretty much the most I'd seen of her in a while. We still talked on the phone on occasion, but never very long.

The first day we got together at the library in-between our schools, I met Lauren. She and Jen would hang out there every day and use the library's computers until their parents got off work and came to get them. Every day, they sat and sifted through Google/various fan-site image galleries and printed off pictures for the allotted hour the librarians gave per person to dick around online. Jen printed out "reference pictures" to take home and trace so she could come in the next day and show off her latest masterpiece before it went up on her wall. Lauren printed out piles of pictures to carry around with her at school.

I'm not sure which one of them started first. It started out innocently enough, Jen just wanted to say she made something pretty. That's what I thought until I saw her room again, at least. The wall was indeed covered in traced art taped up in rows, each picture taped badly to the next. It was like a wallpaper of tape, tacks, and art theft. (But these were her OC, guys. It's Kagome with dog ears and purple eyes, totally different.) On the other side of the room, next to her bed, was a small bookshelf with a tablecloth. The bottom two shelves held issues of the manga, the top shelf held barbie dolls dressed in costumes- one meant to be Inuyasha, the other meant to be her OC. On the table cloth was a framed picture between two candles and a dragon incense burner. In the frame was a traced version of someone else's fan art of Kagome (only, you know, with ears) in a wedding dress with lifted veil labeled "My Wedding." Jen may have been done with Spirit World, but she clearly hadn't grounded herself in reality.

Next time: Lauren and her BJD boyfriend.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

The artists of the show draw gay/lesbian porn of the princess and the vampire girl together, so I'd say it has a head start on that.

Are you sure you're not thinking of that one crazy fan on tumblr with a real similar art style? I do know one of the animators draws some art with Marceline and Bubblegum, but its nothing pornish that I know of.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

vkeios posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of that one crazy fan on tumblr with a real similar art style? I do know one of the animators draws some art with Marceline and Bubblegum, but its nothing pornish that I know of.

It's only one of the animators that does it and I don't think there's anything more extreme than kissing. The show generally does mock the creepier parts of the fanbase quite a bit and the creator's explicitly stated that there's nothing going on between Bubblegum and Marceline. Of course, those have never stopped anyone.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 19, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Psalmanazar posted:

It's only one of the animators that does it and I don't think there's anything more extreme than kissing. The show generally does mock the creepier parts of the fanbase quite a bit and the creator's explicitly stated that there's nothing going on between Bubblegum and Marceline. Of course, those have never stopped anyone.

There's another animator on the show that draws Ed Edd and Eddy gay porn, and other stuff. It's sort of accepted in the industry that the animators that work on kids shows usually draw really weird poo poo to make up for their boring rear end jobs. It's pretty funny that the writers/artists say one thing and then turn around to draw the characters as lesbians.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Man, I can understand wanting to be cautious but why do all these crazy girls honestly believe that all men are out to rape them? So weird.

Short version: because, in their heads, being targeted by rapists means they must be attractive and sexually desirable.

Long version: A lot of anime and other nerd-directed material works with the idea that rape is an act of love at best and a crime of passion at worst -- that rapists assault their victims because they're overcome with love and lust and just have to express it, because the victim is so desirable. These girls are usually insanely socially awkward and desperate for any kind of affirmation of their capacity to be lusted after and/or loved, so the theoretical attention of rapists is very positive, and they're willing to imagine it's there.

Alternately, being afraid of rapists is an excellent excuse for having social anxiety problems anyway or not interacting with strangers. Even legitimate anti-rapist safety advice for women generally involves some degree of paranoia, so taking that a step further (if you're already a little detached from reality) makes it totally plausible to do whatever antisocial thing you want, right? She's not playing with dolls in public and avoiding eye contact because she's awkward and has a nigh-autistic focus on her obsessions -- no, she's doing it to keep herself safe! Can't you normies respect that?!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jan 19, 2012

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Psalmanazar posted:

Didn't the creator also say he wanted to make female cartoon characters for awkward children to have crushes on? It's weird that he's trying to ward off shippers but facilitate nerds who are attracted to cartoons.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

SpaceDrake posted:

Are you completely for real because if so, this is absolutely, completely tragic in every single imaginable way. :stare:

Hell, the street is the worst place imaginable for people like this. The street makes people desperate. And desperate people do desperate things.

Anyway, I'm afraid I lack any stories like this. If anything, the worst weeaboo I've ever known would be, well, myself at one point in my life, really. :ohdear: But I can happily say that I never got even a tenth as bad as the examples here. Ironically it was college that helped me get over it since I had awesome friends who made me socialize like a normal person. :3:

Yeah, it's true.

But, you know, it's the Bay Area...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

Antivehicular posted:

Short version: because, in their heads, targeted by rapists means they must be attractive and sexually desirable.

When I was 12 I had a classmate who was the only fat girl in school and always had some story to tell about how random guys she hung out with outside of school were madly in love with her. She also lied about her cupsize. She loved the idea of being the first girl in class to get boobs so she paraded around showing her fatroll/moob cleavage, since she didn't have actual breasts yet. Later when puberty hit she would loudly brag about how large they were and how hard it is to find bras, sometimes even going as far as to fake back pain because her boobs were just so, so large. In reality, she had a b cup that was struggling to stick out further than her belly on the best of days. Whenever something really bad happened to someone she would have the same problem the next day. I can only imagine that this girl had never actually experienced pain, loss or anything because goddamn, your classmates nearly dying from appendicitis or losing their father is not enviable you loving loony. :psyduck:

It's all insecurity I guess, expressed in the most annoying of ways.

• Locked thread