Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Flameingblack posted:

Labeling yourself as a "smark" on the internet is one of the most embarrassing things you can do. In the age of the internet, everyone knows exactly what's going on, so all you're doing is telling everyone that you think you know better than multi-million dollar businesses.

Well I disagree. Being a smark is not inherently a bad thing; in fact, I think it's (DDP face)... a GOOD thing! I don't understand the negative connotation associated with being a smark, I really don't. To me, labeling yourself a smark simply means that you're a fan who knows just as much about the off-camera goings-on of the business as you do the on-camera action, are typically older than your average mark (but not always), and have enough passion for pro wrestling that you'll share your opinions and debate them relentlessly on the Internet. Do I think I could run a multi-million-dollar international company like WWE? Hell no. But do I believe that in a perfect world, if given half a chance I could book feuds and build stars better than Vince and his Creative goons? You bet your rear end I do.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread. Back to the Twitters:

WWE_Creative posted:

For a totally unrelated reason, we're pulling the "Get High with Evan Bourne" Trampoline #Merch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

T3hRen3gade posted:

rant

"A SMARK BELIEVES... that O.J. didn't do it!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRa-Yh6HAUM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

T3hRen3gade posted:

Well I disagree. Being a smark is not inherently a bad thing; in fact, I think it's (DDP face)... a GOOD thing! I don't understand the negative connotation associated with being a smark, I really don't. To me, labeling yourself a smark simply means that you're a fan who knows just as much about the off-camera goings-on of the business as you do the on-camera action, are typically older than your average mark (but not always), and have enough passion for pro wrestling that you'll share your opinions and debate them relentlessly on the Internet. Do I think I could run a multi-million-dollar international company like WWE? Hell no. But do I believe that in a perfect world, if given half a chance I could book feuds and build stars better than Vince and his Creative goons? You bet your rear end I do.

You are a huge idiot.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hey cool, someone else didn't like how Wind Waker ended.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hogan stopped signing his tweets, HH?

That's disappointing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lone Rogue posted:

"A SMARK BELIEVES... that O.J. didn't do it!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRa-Yh6HAUM

God I am so sad Brian Pillman is dead. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He is wrestling that pencil in heaven now.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Hogan stopped signing his tweets, HH?

That's disappointing.
Hopefully he'll switch to 88 as a secret code among Hulkamaniacs.

...On an unrelated note I wonder if Hulk has ever heard the fable of his meat shoes.

VVV You know who.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

He is wrestling that pencil in heaven now.

Every time someone says this (sans pencil) I have to wonder who wrestles in hell.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

Every time someone says this (sans pencil) I have to wonder who wrestles in hell.

Eddie. Because he's down there........ in hell

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Eddie. Because he's down there........ in hell

Does hell wrestling invade heaven wrestling like the nWo?

If a hell wrestler turns on his team and helps heaven wrestling, is he redeemed?

Christianity is so confusing :eng99:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

If a hell wrestler turns on his team and helps heaven wrestling, is he redeemed?

Well, the old testament has been over-written by Austin 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he sent his only son to open a can of whoopass"

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Lone Rogue posted:

Yes and that's why we have Thunder.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Lone Rogue posted:

I remember marking out like crazy when Hollywood Jesus turned on Paul and Peter and joined up with Lucifer and Beelzebub forming the New Heaven Order.

Then poo poo started getting old when every show ended with a demon run-in.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Closest to another Roddy Piper we'll get for a very long time.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Closest to another Roddy Piper we'll get for a very long time.

Kevin Steen is getting close.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

At this point, if he loves his weed so much, go get paid elsewhere.

It sure worked out for Carlito his career has never been more profitable

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

T3hRen3gade posted:

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the thread. Back to the Twitters:

Wanna frame this post.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It sure worked out for Carlito his career has never been more profitable

From what his dad claimed, Carlito's real problem was perscription painkillers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lone Rogue posted:

and being cool

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

and being cool

"I have a disease. It is being cool. I am taking responsibility for my amount of cool. I will overcome. Or not. Whatever's cool."

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

Allegedly from the daily wear and tear of using the same finisher that Primo now uses, right?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Allegedly from the daily wear and tear of using the same finisher that Primo now uses, right?

Yes but it also probably didn't help that Carlito did a lot of steroids.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Rogue posted:

Kevin Steen is getting close.

I'd put Chris Jericho in that category too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It was about 50/50 between that and the whole 'dude loved him some roids', so hopefully Primo only is doing one half of that equation!

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

CombineThresher posted:

I'd put Chris Jericho in that category too.
Jericho is a lot different than Piper. I'm not sure anyone could do unhinged as consistently as Pillman.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Eddie Kingston before they started grooming him for Grand Champion?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Jericho is a lot different than Piper. I'm not sure anyone could do unhinged as consistently as Pillman.

Pillman was so hard to figure out, he legit confused people of his intentions.

I don't think Punk is that good, and neither is Steen. But if we're talking guys who could maybe get close, there you go.

Jericho's career resembles Piper's in many ways but in what we are talking about.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
None of them were as crazy as R-Truth :colbert:

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

None of them were as crazy as R-Truth :colbert:
Figured that was coming. Truth is Family Guy crazy. I like the point about Pillman's intentions being very unclear, Truth's are generally pretty clear and he peppers in some LittleJimmySpidersMonkeyCheese non-sequitors.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
If R-Truth is crazy, does that make Pretty Ricky...normal?

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
~double post~

T3hRen3gade fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 18, 2012

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Rarity posted:

You are a huge idiot.

One of the THQ devs apparently thinks so.

:spergin:

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

T3hRen3gade posted:

One of the THQ devs apparently thinks so.

:spergin:

It is highly frowned upon to post your own tweets in this thread.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Moose Bigelow posted:

But he got retweeted! By a person!

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Moose Bigelow posted:

Technically it's a re-tweet from Marcus Stephenson's feed, a THQ Community Manager and Game Designer. That's my storyline he re-tweeted about, the 2nd most-downloaded custom story for WWE '12 on XBL. I was just proving a point after being labeled a Smark AND an idiot.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You sure showed everyone

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Smidiots unite!

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
You labelled yourself a Smark bro. Give it up.

e: Also having a story on WWE 12 doesnt make you trying to marshall PSP into some kind of smark army for yourself any less stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

T3hRen3gade posted:

Technically it's a re-tweet from Marcus Stephenson's feed, a THQ Community Manager and Game Designer. That's my storyline he re-tweeted about, the 2nd most-downloaded custom story for WWE '12 on XBL. I was just proving a point after being labeled a Smark AND an idiot.

Have you considered going to wrestling shows with friends of a similar view point? Maybe some kind of crew? This is crucial, I must know the answer.