Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

creationist believer posted:

Maybe the fact that WK was reading Complacency of the Learned right up until he died will be relevant. poo poo, all the details present in these latest pages, there's way too much foreshadowing potential here.

Obviously it's foreshadowing that Eridan is about to become the central character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

Oh, hey 'Cal'.

An anonymous, androgynous gray-skinned kid who's right underneath a tweaked version of UU's symbol. And who's associated with Cal.

Oh mercy, that bodes ill

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh God, is Calmasis's design intentionally similar to that God-awful Lord English fanart from before he was introduced?

Edit: "all twelve are killed" eh? And we just so happen to have eight kids and four trolls getting involed in this universe. How. About. That.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 18, 2012

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Homestuck posted:

Continuing to play beyond the death of the king

Nothing ominous about that! No, sireee. :v:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Oxxidation posted:

androgynous gray-skinned kid

I beleive the term you are looking for is Uranian.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The concept of winning after an apparent loss is one that has been hammered home repeatedly (especially in the past year-ish worth of strips) and tied pretty heavily to Rose. Barring a deliberate subversion it definitely seems that's going to be A Thing for the endgame, whatever that is.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's also got to be something in the Predicant Scholar =? Problem Sleuth angle.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh God, is Calmasis's design intentionally similar to that God-awful Lord English fanart from before he was introduced?

I can see it being a subtle chuckle at the people who expected/complained about the lack of a prettier Lord English, and how pretty villains are more common in self-indulgent youth-aimed fantasy books.

Gnome de plume posted:

Oh, hey 'Cal'.

I cannot believe I completely missed that.

That said, with the vague UU reference, it's really hard to imagine someone suffering from grimdarkness saying *hugs and kisses ^u^" online. Funny to imagine, but hard.

Commutator
Jul 17, 2009
This latest page is nothing short of AGGRESSIVELY PREGNANT with meaning.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well of course if a Go(o)d Dog is gonna be made with a MEOW code, it makes perfect sense for a God Cat to be made with a KRAB code.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
ABRAKABABRA sounds like SBaHJ onomatopoeia.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I figured it'd be Roxy writing down the FG code in a drunken stupor, but looks like Jake's the batshit one here. Sounds good.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So the session with the Dog first guardian has the Meow code, and the session with the Cat first guardian has the BARK code. Okay then.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Countdown to first cosplay of Calmasis

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
poo poo there's already fanart on ib.skaia.net.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Countdown till people start naming real cats Frigglish.

I would not have a problem with this.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Waffnuffly posted:

I am guessing Hussie did this purposely. Because people naming their cats after cats that are named after wizards is funny.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol

Waffnuffly posted:

They only have a couple of updates to do so before that cat is incredibly dead.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

annatar posted:

They only have a couple of updates to do so before that cat is incredibly dead.

I'm actually expecting it all to be a fakeout what with all this buildup. Maybe gcat zapped Jaspers like Bec did the weird frog.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

quote:

Due to an incident involving an APPEARIFIER, an unabridged COLONEL SASSACRE'S, and a PERFECTLY WHITE CAT, she will not be able to assist her bffsy for some time.

It seems it's going to be some other cat. Or paint shenanigans will happen.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Sounds like Gcat is going to warp the Sassacre text onto Jaspers I mean Frigglish, and then she's going to send him back to the other universe.

This story is so wonderfully absurd sometimes.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
...Oh, you are...

That is loving genius. SOPA/PIPA actually would affect Hussie's work, so he's got good reason.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I had to double take there to make sure it wasn't an elaborate double bluff. That was well executed.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, that was a real smooth transition. Guess the internet strike is for realsies.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am slightly confused. And extremely behind the times, I guess :confused:

E: VVVVV Yeah, gently caress that poo poo :black101:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 18, 2012

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

I am slightly confused. And extremely behind the times, I guess :confused:

SOPA and PIPA are new bills worming through the House of Reps and the Senate, respectively, which would basically give corporate America carte blanche to drop the hammer on any website whose content they felt violated their IP laws. You know how Youtube needs to take down videos if anyone with corporate lawyers so much as coughs meaningfully? That, but for the whole Internet.

Lots of sites are blacking out today in protest.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
You keep on truckin, Hussmaster. This poo poo owns. :patriot:

Also, guys, no seriously, listen to the orangeman. SOPA/PIPA are really loving bad.

https://vimeo.com/31100268

You should DEFINITELY call your Congressmen, and tell them not to support either the Stop Online Piracy Act (Senate) or the Protect I.P. Act (House). They're both awful things that infringe personal freedoms (and bypass due process) and threaten even parody stuff like this very webcomic. Also this very website. The proponents of this bill in Congress un-ironically reflected positively on China's "Internet Firewall" and that if China could do that thing, poo poo, why couldn't we? :downs:

This has both bi-partisan support and opposition, which shows how weird this thing is, and how important your voice is regardless of your political inclination.

:siren: Wikipedia is also blacking out over this stuff, and set up a nice and convenient thing for looking up your Congress representatives, based on your ZIP code. :siren:

It'll only take a couple minutes of your day to call your Congressmen, and we'll all be better off for it! Also: if you're outside the United States, consider buggin' your Foreign Office or equivalent "handles international bullshit" government branch within your country and tell them how much this stuff bothers you, since this stuff WILL affect the Internet for everyone, and because other countries being forced to follow after the US.

Here's a thread about it in GBS with ongoing discussion, and if you'd like to learn more. There's also a thread in GBS where people are posting gifs with the hopes that through sheer power of frames per second we will turn back time and prevent SOPA from even being made.

Zorak fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 18, 2012

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
That was extremely clever. I wonder how long he has been planning to do that.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Yeah, this is actually a very clever blackout. I was expecting it to lead into Weird Void poo poo, not to actually be relevant to SOPA! And yes, SOPA is pretty much pure evil.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

dumb brunette posted:

Yeah, this is actually a very clever blackout. I was expecting it to lead into Weird Void poo poo, not to actually be relevant to SOPA! And yes, SOPA is pretty much pure evil.

Well, we'll see what happens after today's e-strike! Presumably he wants this sequence to have something to say to archive readers in two years when SOPA/PIPA are (with any luck) long dead and Americans are instead worrying about legislation that would require the air force to bomb the neighborhoods of false parking suspects or something.

It's a pretty clever way of doing this, though, I agree.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

If SOPA were around a few years ago MSPA would not have been able to incorporate outside artwork, such as that ConAir movie poster. Homestuck would never have made it past Act 1 and Hussie would die a pauper on the street. So please do write your congressman/woman.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Mr. Pumroy posted:

If SOPA were around a few years ago MSPA would not have been able to incorporate outside artwork, such as that ConAir movie poster. Homestuck would never have made it past Act 1 and Hussie would die a pauper on the street. So please do write your congressman/woman.

It would have been hosed since Problem Sleuth has that Stiller bust.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh hey, someone spontaneously falls asleep and then we get a SOPA petition form. Vriska sure is politically active in this universe!

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Nah, she's just drunk and dreaming of political activism.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's a pretty cool move, Hussie.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
It's actually an aracial out, you can interpret it as a blackout or whiteout if you want. N-thing the comments that this was a pretty effective transition from story to internet activism. Thanks Zorak for posting all that extra info about SOPA/PIPA.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

So I guess there was some clever joke in how this blackout thing was done? Unfortunately, over here in another timezone it's just "oh apparently there was an update while I was asleep, but I'm not going to be allowed to see it until tomorrow." Welp :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's still there, unless you're one of those readers who like skipping right to the end for some reason.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yeah, today's and yesterday's pages are still accessible - it's just that the archive (anything prior to the last character select screen) is disabled for today and the current last page also transitions to the blackout info page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ah, I see. I keep the page open in its own tab for convenience, and the last page I'd seen was the one before the character select, so it went straight to the blackout page. I just assumed that was all that was accessible today. :saddowns: