Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I wonder if Blue knew Annie's mum :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Blue doesn't look too happy to see Annie in a fiery blaze.

nothings
Sep 29, 2008
I tried tweaking the reduction various ways so the linework would be more visible.

(There are also PNGs corresponding to the JPGs if anyone wants to edit them further, just change 'jpg' to 'png'.)

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

A FIRE ELEMENTAL KILLED MY FAIRYDOG

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Zorak posted:

A FIRE ELEMENTAL KILLED MY FAIRYDOG
Oh noooooo!!

Maybe Surma accidentally burned down part of the forest one time when she was but a wee lass. :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Revolver Bunker posted:

She watched way too much of the X-Men cartoon back in the 90s.

Oh wait that's me.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Former ice queen, meet current ice queen.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

nothings posted:

I tried tweaking the reduction various ways so the linework would be more visible.

(There are also PNGs corresponding to the JPGs if anyone wants to edit them further, just change 'jpg' to 'png'.)

Meanwhile in the physical plane, Annie has set the whole classroom ablaze.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Mr. Fowl posted:

Meanwhile in the physical plane, Annie has set the whole classroom ablaze.

Good, they'll get to learn about non-adiabatic fluid dynamics!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'd call it awe. Annie's hair goes higher than anybody's.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Weeeeeee!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Bell_ posted:

I'd call it awe. Annie's hair goes higher than anybody's.

Annie has gone super saiyan. This is the point where Gunnerkrigg turns into a fighting manga, isn't it.

:negative:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Dodgeball posted:

Weeeeeee!

You should have it slow down as it reaches Annie's face and then have it pause for a moment.

nothings
Sep 29, 2008

Dodgeball posted:

Weeeeeee!

Well-played. Did you try it in the other direction?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Rasamune posted:

You should have it slow down as it reaches Annie's face and then have it pause for a moment.

nothings posted:

Well-played. Did you try it in the other direction?

Trying both now. Please forgive my inevitable double post, as imgur is participating in anti-SOPA stuff today.

Slowed:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Rise from the ashes:

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
I figure Blue is descended from water elementals and harbors racial prejudice against fire elementals.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Love's made a fool out of Bear.

Elftor posted:

I figure Blue is descended from water elementals and harbors racial prejudice against fire elementals.

Oh hey, good call. Of all the theories, this one sounds the most likely to me.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I thought Blue just missed the forest and regrets coming to the Court. Seeing all these people showing off makes her homesick. Maybe there's more to it but that's what I'm thinking for now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I like the idea that she knew Surma.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
I assumed Blue doesn't have any tricks and feels ashamed that a (more or less) human can upstage her.

Those other theories make sense too.

DreamtShadow
Aug 21, 2010

I wonder if she's planning on getting even with Annie by keeping her from rejoining her body at some point due to jealousy.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Aw man, I've seen this one before. Next she consumes a star, kills a solar system, and commits suicide. Then the x-men get all mopey for a while.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

WeaponBoy posted:

Annie has gone super saiyan. This is the point where Gunnerkrigg turns into a fighting manga, isn't it.

:negative:

I've seen this coming ever since she returned from the forest with her new abilities.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'm looking forward to this. Blue could use some development.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

DreamtShadow posted:

I wonder if she's planning on getting even with Annie by keeping her from rejoining her body at some point due to jealousy.

Or snatching her body and going joy-riding.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
After my latest 'read the full chapter of whatever I've been linked to in GC' mini-binge, I would just like to say that this page here still bothers me as much as when it first came up. How foreboding!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Good Citizen posted:

Aw man, I've seen this one before. Next she consumes a star, kills a solar system, and commits suicide. Then the x-men get all mopey for a while.

It's ok, she comes back

Hope that's not a spoiler by this point, poor woman dies and comes back to life almost as regularly as Optimus Prime

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Good Citizen posted:

Hey, man, it's not her fault, she can't control it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Elftor posted:

I thought it could be that, then I remembered the guy showing Annie his waterfall. Wouldn't a water spirit have that same prejudice?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

SirSamVimes posted:

I thought it could be that, then I remembered the guy showing Annie his waterfall. Wouldn't a water spirit have that same prejudice?

I repeat:

quote:

Former ice queen, meet current ice queen.

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Let's see if I can guess your function.

Madrox posted:

Oh wow, I (somehow) didn't notice the phoenix/firebird shape above Annie in the 2nd to last panel on my first read-through. This comic continues to amaze.

Me either, I thought it might have been that but I wasn't sure.

Regarding blue not being too happy, it's because she thinks red likes Annie more than her now.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Maybe Blue knew Surma, and just put two and two together.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Fangz posted:

Maybe Blue knew Surma, and just put two and two together.

Of all theories so far that is the one I find most plausible.

Tom almost always manage to surprise me though, so I'm sure I'm wrong this time as well.:)

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

DekeThornton posted:

Of all theories so far that is the one I find most plausible.

Tom almost always manage to surprise me though, so I'm sure I'm wrong this time as well.:)

Blue is secretly Anthony Carver in disguise. You heard it here first, folks.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
This page kind of intrigues me. Is this the only instance so far in the comic that indicates that hints that Kat may have magic powers (or however its termed in the GC universe) like her mom or Antimony?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I think it just symbolizes an epiphany she has thinking about how bird wings work--lightweight and how the joints function, etc.

She definitely has an aptitude for mechanical things, though. She built a hovercraft at age 12 or so. Whether that comes from any etheric sources, who knows, but she seems to be pretty far ahead of her classmates in that kind of thing.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Lord of Laughton posted:

Is this the only instance so far in the comic that indicates that hints that Kat may have magic powers (or however its termed in the GC universe) like her mom or Antimony?

No. Or rather, it's not the only instance where the comic has shown that Kat has a near supernatural aptitude for engineering. Wheter it's magic or genius is yet to be explained.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think it might extend from "mechanical things" to "knowing how poo poo works" at first sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Nice things happening to cool people makes my day. :3: