Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
liverpool formally announce warrior deal

liverpoolfc.tv posted:

Warrior Sports Inc. and Liverpool Football Club today announced a deal which sees Warrior become the Club's Official Kit Supplier.

The deal, which will come into play from June 1st 2012, will see Warrior create the Liverpool FC home, away and third kits, as well as their training wear for the next six years.

Owned by Boston based New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc., the move represents the starting point in Warrior Sports' global football journey partnering with one of the biggest club sides in the history of world football. Warrior Sports recognises the heritage of Liverpool FC and has employed industry experts in design, development, marketing and implementation to ensure that the brand has the best people on hand to support the Partnership.

Richard Wright, General Manager for Warrior Sports comments: "At Warrior Sports we pride ourselves on high performance and an incredible desire to win. Our Partnership with Liverpool FC, a football institution and recognised brand name across the world, is the perfect fit. Warrior Sports has ventured into football to bring our knowledge of making top level product to a new playing field. We are not the sort of brand that is going to keep our head down. We are here to shake up the world of football and our Partnership with one of the most successful club teams of all time is just the start."

Ian Ayre, Managing Director of Liverpool Football Club, added: "Liverpool FC is thrilled to be able to announce this fantastic Partnership with Warrior Sports for the 2012-2013 Barclays Premier League season onwards. This is another landmark deal for Liverpool Football Club and once again shows the value of the Club's brand globally. Warrior Sports will bring its own unique brand and ideas to the Partnership, ensuring that they can assist us at the Club both on and off the field of play. Sharing the same focus of domination and winning will be an incredibly important part of this Partnership going forward. As with all our Partnerships we have taken time to form a relationship with the individuals behind this opportunity. I believe that Warrior have some outstanding people we can work closely with to continue to deliver quality products to our fans around the world."

obviously we knew it was happening but it's official now, gonna be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
They ruined our 125th kit too, I feel your pain.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
personally i think a NB kit would be cooler

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Are there any examples of their previous work? What's their standard?

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Tzen posted:

I didn't know FILA still existed. Besides the logo, that looks great though.

They went real quiet since being bought by some Koreans, they're everywhere here but nothing in the real fashionable line like Nike, Adidas or Kappa are held.

Many Korean under the age of 20 think Fila and FuBu are Korean original brands. :smith:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Vagabundo posted:

Are there any examples of their previous work? What's their standard?

Asd far as I can tell, this will be their first foray into soccer. Their highest profile is from making hockey and lacrosse jerseys.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

brows mcgobshite posted:

If the money from the deal pays for a decent player, can dress them in polka dots for all I care. There's some fake mock-ups on the internet already that all look fine, if it's anyting close to that then great, but I don't buy kits for anything but sleeping/gym in anyway.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Seongnam has announced their real kits for the 2012 season. Much better than the terror that was leaked before.

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008

Hoops posted:

If the money from the deal pays for a decent player, can dress them in polka dots for all I care. There's some fake mock-ups on the internet already that all look fine, if it's anyting close to that then great, but I don't buy kits for anything but sleeping/gym in anyway.

Can you post said fake mockups?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

brows mcgobshite posted:

2nd best deal in the world after Barca :cool:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

BISCUIT_TINS posted:

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
I've got a feeling that there will be a lot more than just the one Warrior logo on the kits.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Wow, that Warrior logo is horrible.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

That first one looks mint

BISCUIT_TINS
Dec 23, 2008

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Wow, that Warrior logo is horrible.

i thought it looked pretty swish

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

BISCUIT_TINS posted:

If it's along these lines

http://www.newkits.co.uk/liverpool-warrior-shirt-deal-2508.html

with this away:

http://kitster29.deviantart.com/art/Liverpool-Away-2-Warrior-2012-210946491

I don't think there's a Liverpool fan in the world that can complain about those. If they keep it pretty simple they can't go too far wrong.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
You just know they're going to be all American and do something hilarious like this:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Hoops posted:

with this away:

I don't think there's a Liverpool fan in the world that can complain about those. If they keep it pretty simple they can't go too far wrong.

If those are real, I'd be happy enough. As has been said before, I couldn't really care less if the shirts turn out horrible, just means I won't be getting one.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

TyChan posted:

You just know they're going to be all American and do something hilarious like this:

That's actually kinda nice..

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

That's actually kinda nice..

No it's loving terrible and I hope it's true.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I'd hope that nobody at NESV would be that stupid

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hoops posted:

with this away:

that away is gorgeous

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It looks poo poo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Umbro or give up really

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

brows mcgobshite posted:

that away is gorgeous

I like them both actually but I really hate this seasons for some reason so maybe it's just better by comparison I really like the one from 0708 that one was really cool and was one of the first kits I bought also I got the black 3rd kit from 0809 with Hyppia on it but they sent me a small woman's instead of a medium male so I gave it to my friend Lauren and she looked cute in it because she's a cute girl + Liverpool are a cute club

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

I Am Patriarchy posted:

I like them both actually but I really hate this seasons for some reason so maybe it's just better by comparison I really like the one from 0708 that one was really cool and was one of the first kits I bought also I got the black 3rd kit from 0809 with Hyppia on it but they sent me a small woman's instead of a medium male so I gave it to my friend Lauren and she looked cute in it because she's a cute girl + Liverpool are a cute club

ive got loads but 06-08 was the best imho, this seasons away is also brilliant. this season's home is much better in person imo

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Umbro or give up really
Umbro's poo poo mate

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
All those mockups look cheap like something a pubteam would wear.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Adulterous Hitler posted:

All those mockups look cheap like something a pubteam would wear.

It's also a badge that will never, ever be used which makes everything look nicer.

They're going to be disgusting and they're going to make a fortune.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
i'd be delighted with those. dunno why it's got a liverbird instead of the crest though

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

brows mcgobshite posted:

i'd be delighted with those. dunno why it's got a liverbird instead of the crest though

Because it looks nicer, same when people make Arsenal mockups with the canon. It's a bitch/impossible to copyright though so it's pointless. Just gets peoples hopes up.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

not luvd posted:

Because it looks nicer, same when people make Arsenal mockups with the canon. It's a bitch/impossible to copyright though so it's pointless. Just gets peoples hopes up.

ah yeah good point. if they end up looking something like that i'll be happy tbh

good luck kitten
Aug 18, 2004

Tripping the light fantastic
Sport has drawings of what they claim to be the new Barcelona kits for next year. I didn't think it was possible to have any that were uglier than the ones from this year; I was wrong:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
These are all just made up whats the point in this I dont understand.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Pissflops posted:

These are all just made up whats the point in this I dont understand.

Yeah, it's January for gently caress's sake.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

kaldas posted:

Sport has drawings of what they claim to be the new Barcelona kits for next year. I didn't think it was possible to have any that were uglier than the ones from this year; I was wrong:

I really hope this happens.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Are there any clubs with gradient shirts that look alright, or does it not really work on actual textiles?

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

kaldas posted:

Look like what I used to do at school in word art to try and make my titles as fancy as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Private Eye posted:

Look like what I used to do at school in word art to try and make my titles as fancy as possible.
I still see academics doing that now. Or giving it a shadow. God I hate that loving poo poo.