Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Didn't get to kill an elf during the event? Well, I have great news: you never will! But you can watch this video if you didn't get to see them in action either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKJlXJJuDY&hd=1

Using a alig while carsurfing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

QQmore posted:

Using a alig while carsurfing. :allears:

Three ALIGs on an armored van while carsurfing. :fap:

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
25 Aligs on top of a dump truck.

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

I think I started to drool a little, help

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Meis posted:

Neat idea, just very poorly run.

Welcome to APB.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
This guy showed up not too long ago rocking a grape scout named KingCrime. I played a few games against him and immediately assessed him as a hacker based on the fact that he -never- missed and would 1v2 me and a clannie in CQC with the thing with inhuman accuracy.
About 2 weeks later and obviously much district hackusations later he decides to post a thread asking why people keep accusing him of hacking then posts a video of himself... blatantly hacking. The videos in question were set to private, but not before they were mirrored. Here
The thread located Here is a pretty funny trainwreck.

And here's an interesting video of a g10 hacking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9zThESBqU&feature=player_embedded

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 18, 2012

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'd get banned and be okay with it if they made a hack that allowed you to bring your guns out in Social, because it's invaded by bronies. Get to it, hack makers.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Secret Sweater posted:

This guy showed up not too long ago rocking a grape scout named KingCrime. I played a few games against him and immediately assessed him as a hacker based on the fact that he -never- missed and would 1v2 me and a clannie in CQC with the thing with inhuman accuracy.
About 2 weeks later and obvious much district hackusations later he decides to post a thread asking why people keep accusing him of hacking then posts a video of himself... blatantly hacking. The videos in question were set to private, but not before they were mirrored. Here
The thread located Here is a pretty funny trainwreck.

The horrible brostep in his video was even more amusing than the blatant jumpshooting.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I like how it gets more blatant as it goes on. I wasn't sold at first, and then suddenly every single shot is a quick-scope jumpshot.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

QQmore posted:

The horrible brostep in his video was even more amusing than the blatant jumpshooting.

To be clear the jumpshooting is not what was haxxor about it. The scout is 100% accurate while you're in the air no matter what the crosshairs are doing, so if you stick a piece of paper on your monitor you can use it effectively close quarters. The issue is that his cursor snaps onto his targets and moves with them with 100% accuracy once he's locked on.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Secret Sweater posted:

The scout is 100% accurate while you're in the air no matter what the crosshairs are doing

gently caress my bank account for being empty for another week

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Secret Sweater posted:

To be clear the jumpshooting is not what was haxxor about it. The scout is 100% accurate while you're in the air no matter what the crosshairs are doing, so if you stick a piece of paper on your monitor you can use it effectively close quarters. The issue is that his cursor snaps onto his targets and moves with them with 100% accuracy once he's locked on.

I went against him and his group a lot and got major shut down every time as well as some of the Sov guys in their streams. Nice to see things 'come to light'. However, I don't really know what I'm supposed to see other than abnormally smooth mouse movement.

Can those bots be customized to be subtle or something?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

ack! posted:

I went against him and his group a lot and got major shut down every time as well as some of the Sov guys in their streams. Nice to see things 'come to light'. However, I don't really know what I'm supposed to see other than abnormally smooth mouse movement.

Yes they can set how close their cursor has to be in order to track someone and how fast it tracks on to them. I'm gonna download the video and slow it down tonight so people can see how silly the tracking is.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

ack! posted:

Most botters have the target lock button bound to the same button as Marksman mode to make it harder for any observers to see what theyre doing. If they also set the cone the hack is searching for targets in to be very small, its almost indistinguishable from actually aiming. That abnormally smooth mouse movement youre seeing is the hack locked on to the target and aiming for him.
You can see a big difference in the play style here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWYUQoIuHYg&feature=player_detailpage#t=149s

Notice how his cursor jerks around while he tries to compensate for the enemy trying to dodge fire.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Cool, good to know and a slow down would be nice to see, SS.
Most I've encountered are pretty blatant to figure out, but I wasn't sure about this guy. I even posted in his "not hacking" thread stating so.
We're not great, but do pretty well and couldn't win a thing against them. I watched this stream at work one day which was interesting to see how Evo and them struggled, too.

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Secret Sweater posted:

gently caress, they get a health display too? Why can't G1 give us that. :negative:

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

AgentJR posted:

gently caress, they get a health display too? Why can't G1 give us that. :negative:

I know, right? I want the grenade timer, too.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
My retail box (finally) came in today! I doubt anyone is interested and has already seen it before, and maybe even a video of somebody unboxing theirs, but I felt the need to share some pictures of mine. Plus somebody in TS asked me to. Click here for imgur album.

I thought the funniest thing about the box was that it came with an actual dvd case and manual with actual content, a whopping 30 pages worth of instructions as well as warnings against epilepsy.

With the box I got my 30 days of premium, 500 G1C, and a few items as well...

The N-HVR "Scout" (I picked this one, there's a choice of 4),

The ACT 44 "Last Stand",

click the car image for larger

And this awful car.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Reflex Sight in an ACT 44? whelp.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
I was saying it's been a long time since I got haccused and then this happens: I run into this guy (ninety degree turn snap while auto-firing a joker and some other obvious stuff). This was the second mission we beat this guy.

How does that even work? Does he have a video in which he sees me see him through walls? :psyduck:

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Captain Swing posted:

I was saying it's been a long time since I got haccused and then this happens: I run into this guy (ninety degree turn snap while auto-firing a joker and some other obvious stuff). This was the second mission we beat this guy.

How does that even work? Does he have a video in which he sees me see him through walls? :psyduck:

You can watch people ESP track you. I had a guy on waterfront below the freeway. The way it was set up, I could see him, but he couldn't see me. He started priming a grenade so I ran back and forth really fast and he tracked my movements exactly without being able to see me or even attempting to anticipate my movement for where I'd be after the grenade's travel time.

Here's the slowdown of the cheater. Basically just look at where the cursor is on their body as they move. You can track the mouse in that example down to the pixel following the player.

http://youtu.be/E4LzDjI4xUQ

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Secret Sweater posted:

You can watch people ESP track you. I had a guy on waterfront below the freeway. The way it was set up, I could see him, but he couldn't see me. He started priming a grenade so I ran back and forth really fast and he tracked my movements exactly without being able to see me or even attempting to anticipate my movement for where I'd be after the grenade's travel time.

So you're saying there are people out there who use aimbots for grenades? But… why?
Anyway, that guy went through a lot - losing twice while your opposition is using only basic STARs does things to a man. I wish one of those guys, the ones with all that video proof of my "aimbots" and all that jazz would send me some of that proof, I'd really like to see how "blatant" I am.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Captain Swing posted:

So you're saying there are people out there who use aimbots for grenades? But… why?
Anyway, that guy went through a lot - losing twice while your opposition is using only basic STARs does things to a man. I wish one of those guys, the ones with all that video proof of my "aimbots" and all that jazz would send me some of that proof, I'd really like to see how "blatant" I am.

Aren't you the max rank guy who dethreated to green on purpose? Most of the greens don't know what rank means but what they do know is you are green like they are and that you constantly catch them in bad positions and that your guns fire faster and are more accurately than theirs, sure its because you know the maps really well and have mods and experience but they're clueless and think they can play like its Quake. They know they are going to get hosed by some gold guy but someone on their level?

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 19, 2012

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Captain Swing posted:

Cheaters, on average, are really bad and lack basic skills that normal players have. Like throwing grenades and driving cars and shooting a gun without cheating. This is why they cheat

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

I'd say dethreating to green to stomp noobs is a kind of cheating.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

CLiX posted:

I'd say dethreating to green to stomp noobs is a kind of cheating.

A lot of us dethreated because gold usually stood for either Hacking or crazy-good at the game. For enforcers, that's not very good arrest fodder.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh god, I want to go back to APB so badly. I love the game I HATE THE GAME, why does it keep hurting me? I only want to drive around in my bright pink Jericho having awesome street wars. Then... then the map design fucks me, or the ridiculous enemy clans gently caress me, or the hackers crawl out of the woodwork and hound us no matter what instance we go go into.

APB is probably the one game I've spent the most hours on since World of Warcraft. Between APB and APB Reloaded, I've probably spent next to 600 or so hours playing this game. Why does it keep hurting me? I just want to love you, APB. I love you. treat me gently

oh god

:negative:

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

Goofballs posted:

Aren't you the max rank guy who dethreated to green on purpose? Most of the greens don't know what rank means but what they do know is you are green like they are and that you constantly catch them in bad positions and that your guns fire faster and are more accurately than theirs, sure its because you know the maps really well and have mods and experience but they're clueless and think they can play like its Quake. They know they are going to get hosed by some gold guy but someone on their level?

Yeah, that would be me, but you're wrong about the rest. Most of the hackusations come from silvers. Greens and bronzes just accept the fact that they're facing someone who's better than they are.
That last guy? Not only was he silver, with a high enough rank to buy an OSMAW, he had a macroed Joker.

As for stomping noobs - let me just paraphrase what one G1 mod said to us (while he being carried by high golds that were stomping us and we couldn't get any backup) - This is a learning experience.

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

QQmore posted:

A lot of us dethreated because gold usually stood for either Hacking or crazy-good at the game. For enforcers, that's not very good arrest fodder.

Maybe your server is way different but it's pretty drat easy to get Gold in HK, even with the crazy amount of asian/russian hackers. I made a new crim today and got Gold straight from T. Felt good.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Songbearer posted:

Oh god, I want to go back to APB so badly. I love the game I HATE THE GAME, why does it keep hurting me? I only want to drive around in my bright pink Jericho having awesome street wars. Then... then the map design fucks me, or the ridiculous enemy clans gently caress me, or the hackers crawl out of the woodwork and hound us no matter what instance we go go into.

APB is probably the one game I've spent the most hours on since World of Warcraft. Between APB and APB Reloaded, I've probably spent next to 600 or so hours playing this game. Why does it keep hurting me? I just want to love you, APB. I love you. treat me gently

oh god

:negative:

Can we get rid of the current OP and just have this instead?

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Ok, this helped me see that cheater guy much better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlINduQvgak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI_9vVhV5o0

A friend de-threated to green the other day. Kind of made me mad since it feels like exploiting the system a bit and it took forever to help her get to gold in the first place. However, 3vrs6 bronze matches are pretty fun, especially with the JG/pig combo.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Wow, yea that's a much better way to show it than my video.

I hate how I randomly lose any ability to aim some days in this game and can hardly pull a 1:1 ratio in fight club. The spectrum is like babby to golden god of doom. Last week I had a night where I ended up like 2:9 in fight club on like my second one of the night and just turned the game off. Not last night, though... I'm on the home stretch for marksman 15 and clocked in 429 kills to marksman :black101:

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

CLiX posted:

Maybe your server is way different but it's pretty drat easy to get Gold in HK, even with the crazy amount of asian/russian hackers. I made a new crim today and got Gold straight from T. Felt good.

Oh I've made it to gold on my crim alt, thanks to ocas and hiring a 30 day whisper. I have my days of being utterly terribad silver and others where my choice in weapons and environment conspire to make me godly on rare occasion. Had some fun the other night with <3 shooting baddies with an obeya.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Any of you high cop-rank folks with ARMAS stuff mind configuring me a Super 1A Jericho?

Name is Yeti in-game, just LMK the price.

Hotdrive Wing panels
Challenger Wing Mirrors
Hotdrive Tail lights
Challenger Steering Wheel
Lambert Spotlights
Hotdrive Spoiler
Challenger Sideskirts
Challenger Seats
Winbolt Nemesis (Think that's the one that goes inside the car?)
Tomia Intercept
Rear Window Louvers
Hotdrive Hood
Hotdrive Headlights
Challenger Rear Bumper
Challenger Front Bumper
V20 overcharge turbo
V20 Founder Transmission
V20 Janner S03 Banshee
V20 DSan Racer Ace
V20 Construct Dump Valve
V20 Coalition C8 Ace GBK (last ones)
Paint is just standard Gloss Black. No metallic, no pearlescent.

Xenoith
Aug 30, 2011

by Ralp

ack! posted:

Ok, this helped me see that cheater guy much better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlINduQvgak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI_9vVhV5o0

A friend de-threated to green the other day. Kind of made me mad since it feels like exploiting the system a bit and it took forever to help her get to gold in the first place. However, 3vrs6 bronze matches are pretty fun, especially with the JG/pig combo.

Haha holy poo poo the dot makes it so obvious.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I'm thinking of getting back into APB with my friend. Last time I played APB:R I abused the poo poo out of the colby PMG. What's the current fotm OP weapon among goons? I liked CQC a lot more so also: Colby PMG, OCA or are shotguns the closeup weapons of choice?

I just want to get cookie-cuttin' :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Trogdos! posted:

I'm thinking of getting back into APB with my friend. Last time I played APB:R I abused the poo poo out of the colby PMG. What's the current fotm OP weapon among goons? I liked CQC a lot more so also: Colby PMG, OCA or are shotguns the closeup weapons of choice?

I just want to get cookie-cuttin' :v:

SHAW got a big buff so it's the new OCA, Joker is still the best all-round gun if you can handle semi-automatic. The high level OCAs and of course the Colby shotgun are still very viable though.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
CSG/OCA for close, Joker Carbine for close-mid, Obeya/HVR scout for mid-long are your best bets.

Those are the guns I consider to be the best, but everything is viable if it fits your playstyle.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
What about secondary weaponry? RSA has always been my mid/long range supplement, but has the gun lost its crown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
The RSA is alright if you're using a gun with close quarters capabilities. I prefer the joker pistol as an all around gun as it is very good CQC and mid range. I've swapped off of my joker carbine to the pistol when I run out of ammo and killed OCA users to save my rear end which would not have happened if i had most other pistols on.

• Locked thread