Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

Man, this poo poo is just sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzyytYoh6FU

In a way, you could make a big ED article out of the fighting game community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

scuz posted:

Stick building question! I need to cut a piece of plexi for the lid on a box, and I need to know the best way to go about it. Last time I attempted something like this the plexi exploded (for lack of a better term) after I cut the third button hole. I was using a spade bit and going really fast with the drill. Since then I've purchased forstner bits, but I'm unsure what the technique should be. Really fast, or slow through the plexi? I'm thinking slow, but I'd like to get some input before I flush $8 down the toilet.
Ideally with a drill press. If you cant get one than make sure the plexi is well supported and weighted on the edges and do a firm downward press. Also, are you using plexi or lexan? Because I'll be honest, Plexi is a bitch to drill by hand while Lexan is super easy. Slagcoin recommends Plexi for a number of very good reasons but if toughness and ease of drilling is your thing than Lexan is superior (although more expensive, depending on sheet size).

I assume you've read this, but I'll post it anyways:

Slagcoin posted:

Drilling

Drilling acrylic and polycarbonate can result in problems, especially with acrylic. As with wood, be sure to have the acrylic supported on a flat surface, and periodically pull out the bit when drilling deep. Spiral-shaped drill bits generally do not work well with acrylic as they pull at it. When using spiral bits, be sure to transition small to large bits through it (like 1/16" to 1/4" in five increments) to make it much easier, more exact, and much less likely to crack. Maybe sandwich the acrylic between rigid panels to reinforce it. If you can find bits without spiral grooves (like glass and diamond grinding bits) to do the work, things are often much easier.

A hole drill bit will be used in putting joystick and button holes in the acrylic. I tend to prefer hole saws for doing this work, but the arbor on these has spirals that can hurt; either replace the arbor with a bit that does not have spirals, or remove the arbor and make a template that can to center the drill in the proper locations. The only other large bits I suggest for acrylic are spurred spade bits (avoid ones without spurs) and (to a much lesser extent) forstner bits.

A lot of friction can cause acrylic to crack, melt, or warp. Keep the drilling slow and release it from the surface often to let it cool. Water and dish soap can work well as lubricant to keep things cool and smooth. The panel will also be less likely to warp if it is sandwiched during drilling.

AXE COP posted:

I hope they put on a MUGEN tournament.

As long as it includes Everyone vs. Everyone.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Schmendrick posted:

You COULD, but you're not going to, right?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Today was the last day for the Tekken Tag 2 loctest in Austin and man that game is a lot of fun. I just wish I actually knew what I was doing half the time. Can't wait for when its officially out.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

El Estrago Bonito posted:

As long as it includes Everyone vs. Everyone.

And 2 on 2 (simultaneous), random select

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Schmendrick posted:

The articles about the Smash community on ED are the poo poo

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

interrodactyl posted:

If any of you guys still want to play some Melty Blood, there's a bunch of goons learning it in #goonsgarden.

The netplay could use some work, but it's bearable if there's someone close to you.

So 1.2 patch actually makes netcode work, cool I'll try it out later tonight. Why don't you guys just play on the mizuumi channel?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

whip posted:

I don't see why anyone would want to be apart of EMP after the Chinatown movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-seBa6u6qQ

Just leavin' my favorite youtube video (starring me) here in response.

Yeah, I freaked out. You would too. :smug:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Ideally with a drill press. If you cant get one than make sure the plexi is well supported and weighted on the edges and do a firm downward press. Also, are you using plexi or lexan? Because I'll be honest, Plexi is a bitch to drill by hand while Lexan is super easy. Slagcoin recommends Plexi for a number of very good reasons but if toughness and ease of drilling is your thing than Lexan is superior (although more expensive, depending on sheet size).

I assume you've read this, but I'll post it anyways:
I had totally forgotten about that post on slagcoin, so thanks for the refresher! I'll need me two pieces and don't have access to a drill press, but my hand drill is pretty bitchin so I think I'm set. Thanks again!

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Elephunk posted:

Who are you in the video?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

whip posted:

The guy who pwns the poo poo out of everyone

oh god the memories :allears:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

whip posted:

The red Phish shirt who's not a member of The Empire Arcadia nor a former world EVO champion of mvc2.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Elephunk posted:

Ahahahah I remember watching this on stream it was the best.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

So 1.2 patch actually makes netcode work, cool I'll try it out later tonight. Why don't you guys just play on the mizuumi channel?

We aren't in #mbaa cause we are just a bunch of funhavers. Although, there sure is a lot of whining after people play with me :(

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

#mbaa is fine if you already know how to play the game, but it's a bit unwelcoming for newbies. On the other hand, every goon in #goonsgarden is awful (except for bbj who is like the master of anime or something).

edit: I mean awful in a good way, as in everyone is learning!(I think.)

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 18, 2012

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Buhbuhj posted:

We aren't in #mbaa cause we are just a bunch of funhavers. Although, there sure is a lot of whining after people play with me :(

You're a filthy cheater.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Elephunk posted:

This is really great.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Elephunk posted:

The red Phish shirt who's not a member of The Empire Arcadia nor a former world EVO champion of mvc2.

C R I T I C A L H I T. . .

I have to say that was hella good

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
I just found out they have Darkstalkers on PSN :hellyeah:

Sasquatch is fun but I got easily zoned out by Morrigan. Is she a bad matchup for Sassy in general or am I being a dunce and missing something important in his gameplay?

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
Sasquatch, bad matchups? I think not (Well, maybe Zabel). Anyway, do a dash and then press back right away. He does a short hop which covers the screen really fast and lets you do ridiculously fast overheads that all lead into silly amounts of damage. I'm no Sasquatch player, but he's really good, he has some of the best pressure in the game and an amazing high/low/throw mixup.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god this is the best thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlg32h4daAc&feature=related

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVyEw2Rh0wM

Replace all FG music with this~

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Buhbuhj posted:

Sounds good I'll see if I can get rev 1.2 working online next week, then maybe poke around IRC.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

whip posted:

This is the loving best. It should be played whenever a super lands the finishing blow.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

whip posted:

Awesome, I've been looking for a download of that version of the song for loving forever now! Thanks! :dance:

God I wish HnK was popular, it's so much fun even when you're poo poo and I've love to learn to play it fo' realz.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Lizard Lick should probably be removed from the OP at this point all things considered.

Maybe replace them with Paradise Arcade Shop or something, just don't direct people to LL at this point because you probably ain't gonna see anything except your money refunded in a few weeks when they fail to ship your order.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Groghammer posted:

I just found out they have Darkstalkers on PSN :hellyeah:

Sasquatch is fun but I got easily zoned out by Morrigan. Is she a bad matchup for Sassy in general or am I being a dunce and missing something important in his gameplay?

Assuming you're talking about Vampire Savior / Darkstalkers 3, Sasquatch doesn't have bad matchups.

Make sure you're using shorthops to gain ground when possible, and if she falls into a predictable pattern with fireballs you can use your icicle super to knock her down from any range. You can also use his ice breath to cancel out projectiles if for some reason it would be more advantageous than blocking. (It's his best meter-building move and it's relatively safe.)

One you get in just take advantage of Sasquatch's incredible mixup. The advantage there is all yours, especially for the kind of Morrigan player who thinks VS is Street Fighter and tries to zone you with fireballs in the first place. You'll want to bait DPs once in a while but if she misses even one you can take off like a third of her life.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 19, 2012

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Assuming you're talking about Vampire Savior / Darkstalkers 3, Sasquatch doesn't have bad matchups.

Make sure you're using shorthops to gain ground when possible, and if she falls into a predictable pattern with fireballs you can use your icicle super to knock her down from any range. You can also use his ice breath to cancel out projectiles if for some reason it would be more advantageous than blocking. (It's his best meter-building move and it's relatively safe.)

One you get in just take advance of Sasquatch's incredible mixup. The advantage there is all yours, especially for the kind of Morrigan player who thinks VS is Street Fighter and tries to zone you with fireballs in the first place. You'll want to bait DPs once in a while but if she misses even one you can take off like a third of her life.

It would be something great if DS3 or Chronicles or anything got the Third Strike Online treatment. It would only sell 18 copies but they would sell them FAST.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Platypus Farm posted:

It would be something great if DS3 or Chronicles or anything got the Third Strike Online treatment. It would only sell 18 copies but they would sell them FAST.

Actually it would be a mixed bag at best because it would kill the GGPO community which already serves the same function only with a better lobby and those 18 people can get to know each other there.

Unless this is some theoretical dream world where Capcom uses GGPO netcode, implements an in-game chat channel, lets you see the exact ping of other players before you decide to match them, and ports it to PC.

Then it would be awesome.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 19, 2012

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Actually it would be a mixed bag at best because it would kill the GGPO community which already serves the same function only with a better lobby and those 18 people can get to know each other there.

Unless this is some theoretical dream world where Capcom uses GGPO netcode, implements an in-game chat channel, lets you see the exact ping of other players before you decide to match them, and ports it to PC.

Then it would be awesome.

Capcom would do it to consoles in a heartbeat if they knew people cared enough about darkstalkers to make a profit. Problem is, only 18 people care about Darkstalkers (19 if you include myself).

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

MrJacobs posted:

Capcom would do it to consoles in a heartbeat if they knew people cared enough about darkstalkers to make a profit. Problem is, only 18 people care about Darkstalkers (19 if you include myself).

20. I'm just too shy about getting obliterated by TC's Sassy to play and all I know how to do are IADs with Q-Bee.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Question Mark Mound posted:

God I wish HnK was popular, it's so much fun even when you're poo poo and I've love to learn to play it fo' realz.

I love games where you can rage quit.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Kuvo posted:

Haha, that's awesome.

Speaking of awesome, I just looked at the Skullgirls website and saw a feature that's been added during the delay to "early 2012" for the release. To pause the game, you have to hold Start for 15 frames. I've heard tales of a really good local SF4 player have to forfeit a round he was winning against a top UK player due to accidentally hitting Start, so this can only be a good thing!

Actually, how open are the Skullgirls lot to conventions and events outside of the US? I'm doing a big all-round gaming thing in the summer and wondered if they'd be likely to send cool stuff to promote the game.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lizard Lick should probably be removed from the OP at this point all things considered.

Maybe replace them with Paradise Arcade Shop or something, just don't direct people to LL at this point because you probably ain't gonna see anything except your money refunded in a few weeks when they fail to ship your order.
Gremlin Solutions are good too, they're based in the UK but they ship internationally

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Kuvo posted:

I must play this. I heard it was kinds bad, but it looks good and that is such an awesome/stupid mechanic I need to try it now.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

Platypus Farm posted:

Until Capcom decides to do dumb thing like make a fugly UI and intro screen full of horrible Udon art, and then throws in pathetic dlc stuff like color schemes that are fuglier than 3SO's.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

MrJacobs posted:

I must play this. I heard it was kinds bad, but it looks good and that is such an awesome/stupid mechanic I need to try it now.

The entire game is pretty much the definition of stupid/awesome, its great.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Cat Machine posted:

Gremlin Solutions are good too, they're based in the UK but they ship internationally

I got my parts from Gremlin and can also vouch for them.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 20, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
One of the 3D MK games had a similar thing that'd let you commit suicide if you typed in the right code before the other guy performed a fatality. It was also really broken/glitchy in true MK fashion and would lead to some really bizarre scenes (that I can't link to right now but I'm sure it's all on youtube).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

scuz posted:

20. I'm just too shy about getting obliterated by TC's Sassy to play and all I know how to do are IADs with Q-Bee.

You're jumping at ghosts, I haven't had FG-quality internet for over half a year now. :smith:

Maybe in a month or two, though. I might even live within travel distance of a local scene for the first time in my life.

• Locked thread