Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subumloc
Sep 10, 2011
Quick question: I made a bunch of stuff for my game, and managed to get it all working fine. The only thing is that in the character sheet I'm missing the line breaks in the class features/feats sections. Can you please tell me where to look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Subumloc posted:

Quick question: I made a bunch of stuff for my game, and managed to get it all working fine. The only thing is that in the character sheet I'm missing the line breaks in the class features/feats sections. Can you please tell me where to look?

On the character sheet, click the "Padlock" icon in the toolbar. This gives you access to bars at the bottom of some of the sections and allows you to stretch them out. The problem you are having is those sections do not have enough "leg room" to get all of the text to fit, so it turns off word wrap until you stretch it to have enough room for it all.

If you find that you cannot stretch it far enough without reaching the bottom of the page, you can also rearrange the different sections, so you can make room for what you have. I think this was explained in the old thread at some point as well.

Hope this helps! :)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Klungar posted:

Master of the Fist no longer seems to be granting Monk Unarmed Strike, as I can no longer equip it in the Shop.

It works on my end. I just made a new human brawler fighter at level 1, and chose master of the fist as my first feat. Allowed me to equip monk unarmed strike.

Try re-creating your dude from scratch, and see if that fixes the problem.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
I just noticed that my Avenger is showing Implement powers using his Champions Symbol +4 (as they should) and his weapon powers using his Fullblade +4. Did someone fix this or is this just some kind of fluke? :)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm really confused. The OP no longer seems to have instructions on actually downloading CBLoader or an explanation of what it is.

Anyway, I'm trying to build characters for a Lair Assault game, and while creating a dwarf fighter I noticed that while I have the Essentials stuff installed, there's no option to choose different ability score boosts, just the default +2 Con/Wis from the PHB. What did I miss and how do I fix it?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm really confused. The OP no longer seems to have instructions on actually downloading CBLoader or an explanation of what it is.
The hosting site got a DMCA takedown notice from Wizards. Whether legitimate or not, the creator isn't fighting it.

quote:

Anyway, I'm trying to build characters for a Lair Assault game, and while creating a dwarf fighter I noticed that while I have the Essentials stuff installed, there's no option to choose different ability score boosts, just the default +2 Con/Wis from the PHB. What did I miss and how do I fix it?
You're missing the most recent patch to the Character Builder, which you can probably find somewhere if you look (but we can't link to it here).

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

CBLoader is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/

The web site is currently up. So grab the download now if you need it.

The direct download is:
http://cbloader.googlecode.com/files/CBLoaderV1.3.0.zip

I have no information on whether the site will remain up or not.

The Character Builder was only available directly from WotC. It also will only work with CBLoader properly if you had a paid subscription through the last update. If you didn't have the final WotC updates installed then some of the home-brew materials here will not work correctly (if at all).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Huh. Wasn't the last official update in October 2010?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
If I recall, yes. That was the one that implemented the racial bonus options.

Subumloc
Sep 10, 2011

Undrhil posted:

On the character sheet, click the "Padlock" icon in the toolbar. This gives you access to bars at the bottom of some of the sections and allows you to stretch them out. The problem you are having is those sections do not have enough "leg room" to get all of the text to fit, so it turns off word wrap until you stretch it to have enough room for it all.

If you find that you cannot stretch it far enough without reaching the bottom of the page, you can also rearrange the different sections, so you can make room for what you have. I think this was explained in the old thread at some point as well.

Hope this helps! :)

Yeah, it was that, thanks! I thought I had messed up something in the .part file.
Thanks a lot!

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

CBLoader is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/

The web site is currently up. So grab the download now if you need it.

The direct download is:
http://cbloader.googlecode.com/files/CBLoaderV1.3.0.zip

I have no information on whether the site will remain up or not.

The Character Builder was only available directly from WotC. It also will only work with CBLoader properly if you had a paid subscription through the last update. If you didn't have the final WotC updates installed then some of the home-brew materials here will not work correctly (if at all).

So, they did file a countercomplaint. Maybe WotC will back off? (Doubtful...)

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
In the "Captain of Fortune" warlord paragon path, the "Presence of Greatness" feature was incorrectly specified as 20th level in the Compendium and OLCB. This feature is actually available at 16th level, as these sources now correctly show.

Check http://pastebin.com/aPRwkPM1 for the necessary changes. Thank you.

Kitsap Charles fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 20, 2012

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Did Devoted Priest Expertise get canned or are my CBLoader feats screwy?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

tzirean posted:

Did Devoted Priest Expertise get canned or are my CBLoader feats screwy?

scpredmage posted:

Alright, spent a little time comparing the new "Tools of Two Trades" article against what's already in the LCB.

The following feats were completely removed: Devoted Priest Expertise, Dwarven Rod Expertise, Hex Expertise, and Weapon Ki Technique. Instead of just deleting them, we may wish to move them over to a "house-rule" part file, like some of the Unearthed Arcana stuff.
Although currently, every one of the Tools of Two Trades expertise feats seems to be gone. Probably a WIP issue.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

Although currently, every one of the Tools of Two Trades expertise feats seems to be gone. Probably a WIP issue.

Totally missed that. My apologies and thanks.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

I am seeing them. They all have Prerequisite lines now so only qualified characters are going to notice them unless you turn on "illegal elements".

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
:shobon: That does seem to account for the most of the feats I thought were missing. Devout Protector Expertise, however, definitely isn't available even to characters that meet its prerequisite.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011
Something I just noticed: the Weapon of Defense +2 is currently granting Resist 2 all, when it should be Resist 1 all at that level. Interestingly, although the rules for the item is wrong, the text in the description is correct.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Mighty Crusader Expertise is adding its feat bonus to implement attack powers like it should. But it is not adding its feat bonus to weapon attack powers like it should. It is adding it as an optional bonus (and listing it twice for some reason) instead of adding it in with the other bonuses to attack rolls.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Undrhil posted:

Mighty Crusader Expertise is adding its feat bonus to implement attack powers like it should. But it is not adding its feat bonus to weapon attack powers like it should. It is adding it as an optional bonus (and listing it twice for some reason) instead of adding it in with the other bonuses to attack rolls.

Looks like it's fixed now.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Is there a way to run separate builders or separate CBLoaders with different indexes? Some of the houserules we use can't be disabled in the builder, and it's time-consuming to have to pull the indexes and parts and reload the builder until the effects disappear.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
The Gaj Headdress is improperly listed as a common item instead of uncommon.

Also, the short description for the Fey Beast Tamer theme is too long, taking up four lines of text including the name. Currently, it reads: "The primary feature of your status as a fey beast tamer is your magical beast companion. You have formed a bond with a creature of the Feywild." I suggest removing the first sentence.

And, finally, I noticed you removed the links to your installer package. Any chance of that coming back?

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 23, 2012

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

tzirean posted:

Is there a way to run separate builders or separate CBLoaders with different indexes? Some of the houserules we use can't be disabled in the builder, and it's time-consuming to have to pull the indexes and parts and reload the builder until the effects disappear.

Not to my knowledge.

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

I noticed you removed the links to your installer package. Any chance of that coming back?

Nope.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Darn, that package was useful. Just out of curiosity, why was it removed?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Darn, that package was useful. Just out of curiosity, why was it removed?

DCMA concerns. It sucks, but hopefully that stuff will be resolved soon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

tzirean posted:

EDIT: Ignore this and see Greyhawk Fan's post below.

You could theoretically have two CBL-CustomParts folders in %APPDATA% and have a batch file that switches between them, renaming them as appropriate. You could even have that start the builder so it'd be one-click. I don't see any reason this wouldn't work. You'd have to reload each time you wanted to switch with a method like this, I believe.

It'd look something like this for a setup called Homebrew. You'd have whatever versions of the parts you want in a folder under %APPDATA% (this is under C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming) named say... CBL-Homebrew, then you'd run a batch file similar to the one below to do the swap. You'd probably want a stock version, too, but the requirements and changes should be pretty obvious.
code:
@ECHO OFF
CD %APPDATA%
DEL CBL-CustomParts
COPY CBL-Homebrew CBL-CustomParts
START /d "<CBLoaderPath>" CBLoader.exe
I'm actually not too sure about the syntax for START, but that should hopefully do the job. This way you get whatever set of parts are relevant for the batch file you run. If it doesn't work you can always just use the other lines to make the switch and just run CBLoader normally.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 24, 2012

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

tzirean posted:

Yes. CBLoader does support running different part builds on the same machine. It is a little complicated and requires you to change your current configuration and also make a new configuration. You need to specify different <Custom> directories for your source parts and a different working <BasePath> to store your combined files. You can even share some directories between the configuration so you could tell both configurations to use %AppData%\CBL-CustomParts\ so that config one would use %AppData%\CBL-CustomParts\ plus %AppData%\CBL-HomeBrew-A\ and config two to use %AppData%\CBL-CustomParts\ plus %AppData%\CBL-HomeBrew-B\.

You don't need to have CBLoader installed twice either. You can do it that way but I would suggest for stability that you don't. This feature had issues with earlier builds of CBLoader but Kamahl did get it working just fine in the newest build of CBLoader.

That said, I highly suggest against it because it is a lot easier to use Campaign files instead. With campaign files you can disable sources and make new home-brewed options disappear entirely.

If you do try to set up multiple configuration options I suggest against using the old default locations for part files: "My Documents\ddi\CBLoader" and in your Character Builder folder. Easier to leave those blank than to fight them.

Do set up a batch file to launch each "configuration" but don't use it to delete and copy files like Echophonic suggested because you don't have to do that. With a delete and copy approach you would have to rebuild your combined file any time you switched between configurations.

More information is here:
http://cbloadercontentwiki.wikispaces.com/Config+Files
http://cbloadercontentwiki.wikispaces.com/Command-line+Reference

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I should have known there was an actual method for CBLoader to do that, since it seems like a pretty reasonable feature. I'm prettymuch trained form my job to assume nothing's going to work the way it should and I need to throw a kludge at it. Awesome.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Thanks, everyone.

Greyhawk Fan posted:

That said, I highly suggest against it because it is a lot easier to use Campaign files instead. With campaign files you can disable sources and make new home-brewed options disappear entirely.

I would much prefer to do it this way, but I can't figure out how to make the homebrew options show up to be disabled.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Did I miss anything on the new armours in MME? I thought you could put chainmail enchantments on ring mail but ring mail doesn't seem to be in the chainmail group, so only 'any' enchantments are listed.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

eXXon posted:

Did I miss anything on the new armours in MME? I thought you could put chainmail enchantments on ring mail but ring mail doesn't seem to be in the chainmail group, so only 'any' enchantments are listed.

Unless something has changed, you can definitely enchant ring mail with chain mail enchantments. I've used Dwarven ringmail on a few characters in LFR now.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Is it just me or does Ki Focus Expertise no longer apply to weapons? I tried giving the feat to my Battlemind/Monk and none of his weapon attacks would get the Expertise bonus. I had to give him Master at Arms for the math to calculate correctly.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dick Burglar posted:

Is it just me or does Ki Focus Expertise no longer apply to weapons? I tried giving the feat to my Battlemind/Monk and none of his weapon attacks would get the Expertise bonus. I had to give him Master at Arms for the math to calculate correctly.

It's been applying properly for my Fighter.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I'll try rebuilding the character from scratch when I get home, then. v:shobon:v

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

eXXon posted:

On my end, at least, you need to have the appropriate proficiency feat for those armour-specific enchantments to be available. Threw me for a loop, too.

scpredmage
Sep 2, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

On my end, at least, you need to have the appropriate proficiency feat for those armour-specific enchantments to be available. Threw me for a loop, too.
Looking over their implementation, each of the new armor types are set to be their own category. The appropriate Armor Proficiency feats then modify the category to match up with what they can be enchanted as.

To put this simply, this is working as intended. There are some obvious trade-offs (such as this very issue), but seeing as we're kind of working within the limits of what the LCB gives us, this really is the best option we have.

If you REALLY want to give a character magic ring mail (or another "superior" armor from MME) without them having the appropriate proficiency, just take the feat, give them the armor, then change the feat back. If they don't qualify for the feat in the first place, you can click the house-shaped "H" button to the right of the "Feat Choices" heading to show "illegal" elements.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I figured out why the ki focus expertise wasn't applying: the ki focus (+2) was a lower enhancement bonus than the weapon (+3). Replacing the level 8 focus with the level 13 (+3) version properly displays it as a ki focused weapon with the expertise math added.

Basically, I'm dumb. derp :downs:

This is actually one case where Weapon Ki Technique would've actually been beneficial. Too bad Wizards erased it from existence.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 25, 2012

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
anyone working on these themes?

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dun/201201cormyrheroes

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Small issue: a number of (sub-)classes (warpriest, protector, skald, berserker, witch) currently are able to take certain MC feats for their own base class, which they're most assuredly not supposed to be able to do.

Since the offending class has to be excluded on a per-feat basis, the affected feats are:
  • Bard (must exclude ID_FMP_CLASS_907)
    • Bardic Ritualist
    • Bardic Dilettante
  • Druid (must exclude ID_FMP_CLASS_909)
    • Initiate of the Old Faith
  • Barbarian (must exclude ID_FMP_CLASS_906)
    • Berserker's Fury
  • Cleric (must exclude ID_FMP_CLASS_705)
    • Initiate of the Faith
  • Wizard (must exclude ID_FMP_CLASS_908)
    • Arcane Initiate
    • Learned Spellcaster
It's possible that other classes are affected too, but those are the only ones that caught my attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
It looks like Kensei can't select Pike for their Focus. Or at least I don't see the option available. It actually looks like the selection is rather limited but I'm not sure what else is missing. Does Unarmed Strike count for Monk Unarmed Strike for the Focus?

• Locked thread