Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
josiahgould
Nov 10, 2009
Got my first QSL today!

Radio Romania. Sent it off back in September, showed up in the mail today. Has a sticker, a programming schedule, a letter of thanks, and a nice little QSL postcard.

Pretty, right?

josiahgould fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

josiahgould posted:

Pretty, right?
That's really neat!

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!
In my shortwave adventures I have gotten a lot of different signals from around the globe. How does one submit for a QSL? Also, a lot of the signals I get are in a foreign language. How are you submitting to those? Just Googling the time and frequency to find the station and sending a postcard?

josiahgould
Nov 10, 2009
A quick tutorial on sending a QSL report!
(In which I will probably forget at least one important step...)

Of course you'll need to find the address of the station, so you know where to send your report. Look up the callsign, or (if they're a broadcasting station) check the website. And don't forget your address on the report itself, as the envelope may not travel with the letter. Then you'll want to put down what frequency YOU received, which isn't always what they broadcast on. Next, the time you picked it up, in UTC, along with the mode of transmission (FM, AM, SSB), and a signal report.

The signal report is what they're looking for. It tells them how well their signal is propagating around the world. If it's an English broadcast, listen for a while. Write down what they're talking about and at what time. Try to get the name of presenters or topics. Tell them how strong they're coming in for you on your signal meter, or just a scale of one to ten if you don't have one on your radio. Be as specific as you can, but don't over-elaborate. The station you are writing to may not have a native English speaker reading the reports, so don't be too fancy. Also, include the radio you are listening on and what kind of antenna you have (yagi, longwire, etc...)

Last steps. When you are getting ready to send it off, be sure you have the correct postage on your envelope. Take it into your local post office to be sure. If you're sending it to an international broadcast station (Radio Romania, Radio Havana, etc...) you probably won't have to include a reply coupon. If you're sending your report to an individual in a different country, it's polite to include an International Reply Coupon. Ask your postal worker for one of them, they're about $2. The person you're sending your report to can then exchange it for postage so they don't have to pay for stamps. Then all you have to do is wait for a reply, which will probably take a while.

And finally, to top off my longest post so far, here's what it should vaguely look like.

quote:

Homer Jay Simpson
742 Evergreen Terrace
Springfield, MO
U.S.A.

To:
Radio Romania International
60-62 General Berthelot Street
P.O. Box 111
Bucharest
ROMANIA

On November 15, 2011 at 03:49UTC I received your transmission at the above address. The frequency I received on was 7360 kHz, and the signal was quite good, my radio gave me a reading of S7. Presenter Frank Grimes was discussing doughnut use at nuclear facilities in Iran. The signal drifted for me towards the end of the broadcast and finally faded out at approximately 03:59UTC. My radio is a Grundig S350DL with a 50 foot wire strung out a window and up a tree.

Thank you,
Homer Simpson

Ok, I think that's it. If I forgot anything, please feel free to correct or add.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
If other people are interested, here's the actual QSL reports that I've sent in. I've gotten QSL cards from all of them:

quote:

Radio Havana Cuba:

QSL Report
Frequency: 5970 kHz
Time: 0420-0440 GMT

At 0420, RHC was in the middle of a news report. The plight of the "Cuban Five" in the US was reported on. A speech given by Fidel Castro at the University in Havana was partially replayed and translated. After the speech from Castro, there was a report on sports from around the world. At 0430, there was a brief musical break. At the conclusion of the break, news from North America and around the world was presented.

The signal I received was generally good. Listening on a small radio with a poor antenna, the signal was listenable and uninterrupted for the entire time I was listening, and is much stronger than other shortwave stations.

If your station mails out QSL response cards, I can be reached at:

Yours,

quote:

QSL Report for Voice of Turkey
Broadcasting on 6040 kHz
28 February 2010

Began listening at 0413 UTC
Some news from Turkey, not yet able to hear the program clearly.

News was followed by the "Let's learn Turkish" program. The subject was how to introduce your family in conversation.

This was followed by a description of the history and architecture of a mosque in Istanbul, which was built after the conquest of Istanbul. Of special note was the courtyard of the mosque, which is especially beautiful.

Music followed at 0428 UTC

Question of the month - Council of Europe
Which Turkish politician has assumed the Presidency of the Council of Europe

Station Identification

Music played until the final station signoff at 0450 UTC.

Overall the signal was very clear, though another station did bleed over from time to time. All speakers could be heard clearly for the duration of the program.

This is the first one I ever sent out, and it's pretty sparse, but still got a response

quote:

Hello,

I do not know the name of the program I was listening to, as this was my first time listening to CRI. The program was a news story about a divorce agreement and a paternity suit between a couple. I listened to the program on 6190kHz. The signal was not very clear, but I was able to understand most of the program. I thought it was a very interesting program. It was fascinating to see how these sorts of issues are talked about and handled in different cultures.

Radio China's official QSL Policy:
"And we also forgot to say CRI do have QSL card policy. As long as you send us relevant reception report which includes time, date, right frequency, signal quality, program details, etc., we'll send QSL card to you for the verification."

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

I'm looking at a $30 handheld right now. Hopefully the guy still has it. I just want to get my feet wet before blowing large amounts of money on what equates to a hobby I'll probably forget about after a month. Is this a good deal?

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Smug Mug posted:

I'm looking at a $30 handheld right now. Hopefully the guy still has it. I just want to get my feet wet before blowing large amounts of money on what equates to a hobby I'll probably forget about after a month. Is this a good deal?

That depends... Are you the kind of person who will give up on a hobby due to frustration? If so, you'd probably want to spend the extra few bucks on something with more advanced features.

Price-wise that M300 is listed on CL at its original retail price. The M300 was replaced by the M400 which is a little smaller. both units have pushbutton tuning, so if you want to tune to a specific station you may have a lot of scanning/button pushing to do to get there. If you wanted to add an external antenna you'd need to attach it to the whip somehow, and if you planned to listen indoors you will most likely want/need an antenna better than the whip.

For $20 more you could snag a Kaito KA 11 that would allow direct frequency entry, 1000 memory spots, and an external antenna jack.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
I have the M300, decent enough inexpensive radio I got on sale for around the $20. Works well enough to pick up the major signals, not a bad investment to test shortwave out. It is a analog radio though just with a digital frequency readout. Tuning is by a thumb-wheel, not a up/down push-button. I'll second a Kaito KA11, for $20 more it's a true digital tuning receiver with more frequencies covered. If you insist on staying at the $30 mark then go with the newer M400 model, it's thinner with no antenna bump out.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Smug Mug posted:

I'm looking at a $30 handheld right now.
I wouldn't bother, as others have said $30 was the new price and it only got 1 5/8 stars from the last edition of Passport.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

quote:

For the Virginia National Guard in Afghanistan, shortwave is the solution
Posted on December 21, 2011 by Thomas

Photos by Spc. Crystal Davis, 55th Signal Company
(Source: NATO Press Release)

Soldiers of the Virginia Army National Guard’s 116th Infantry Brigade Combat Team are deploying technology in a revolutionary way in Afghanistan using a short wave radio transmitter that can reach almost every radio in Zabul province.

This is the first time a province-wide transmitter has been used in Afghanistan. The transmitter allows the Zabul provincial and district government to send messages to rural Afghan homes.

“No other unit in the International Security Assistance Force has ever done this at any level,” said Master Sgt. Joel E. Fix of Fort Belvoir, Va. speaking of the novel application of the technology. “We have the ability to target the signal toward specific districts or the whole province.”

Radio and word of mouth are the primary means of spreading news and information in rural Afghanistan. Listening to the radio – thousands of which were distributed by NATO-ISAF – is a cultural norm for Afghans, many of whom follow both the BBC and Voice of America.

Fix, a 14-year veteran of the Guard on his third overseas deployment, came up with the transmitter solution in response to a problem raised in discussions with Afghan officials: “How could the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan communicate to their people in remote areas?”

It was a particularly timely dilemma. As GIRoA expanded its influence into every district, GIRoA’s continued legitimacy rested on the ability to reliably reach and involve ordinary Afghans in their parliamentary democracy. Specifically, the district governors of Mizan and Day Chopan in Zabul province each wanted to invite the elders of their districts to grand shuras in September 2011.

Day Chopan has the highest elevations of Zabul province with deep valleys unreceptive to radio signals.

The 116th “Stonewall Brigade”, in partnership with Romanian troops and Soldiers of the Alaska-based 1st Battalion, 24th Infantry Regiment, all members of Combined Team Zabul, came together to brainstorm a solution. Traditional options raised by CTZ such as leaflet drops, broadcasting radio transmissions from aircraft and even flying aircraft with loudspeakers attached were all denied.

“The government was looking for ways to communicate with people on a greater scale, but there were gaps in the coverage. Short wave radio is the solution we came up with,” said Fix.

Short wave radio is known in the U.S. as ham radio which allows two way communications. The Zabul transmitter is one way. Most radios used by Afghans are receive-only.

“I was soliciting for bids for a transmitter and was referred to Don Butler to assist with the project,” said Maj. William R. O’Neal a Smithfield, Va. native with the 116th.

Butler, an Air Force veteran from the ‘60’s, is a ham radio enthusiast from Gun Barrel City, Texas who provided design help for the transmitter. Butler’s call sign is N4UJW.

“Ham radio is two way communications over short wave. Our transmitter is one way,” said Fix. “With this configuration, no matter where they are, there’s no reason the Afghan’s can’t get a signal. The frequency is close to but not the same as the one for the BBC. That makes it easy to find and remember,” he added.

The transmitter owes its success to a technique called NVIS – Near Vertical Incidence Skywave – which involves bouncing radio signals off the ionosphere – a layer of the atmosphere. Two NVIS antennas are placed horizontal to the ground unlike a traditional vertical transmitter. The second part of the NVIS antenna is called a ground wire and helps to boost the signal by forcing it to go straight up instead of outward and limited by the curve of the earth.

“In a traditional short wave broadcast, you get your antennas up as high as you can go,” said Fix. “It bounces off the F2 layer of the ionosphere but gives you limited coverage with ‘skip points’. Using NVIS and our reflector wire, the signal goes up at a very steep angle and straight back down which can penetrate deeper into mountain valleys. When we were looking at this system, it was a no brainer,” he added.

The transmitter is operated and maintained by coalition forces including the U.S. and Romanian soldiers and broadcasts content from the local government. At first glance it doesn’t seem very impressive: two antennas, the ever-useful 550 cord, and some wire that feeds into a box with one port and an on/off switch.

“Our goal is to transfer the transmitter to the provincial government as part of the transition,” said O’Neal.

Unlike some new technologies developed and used as part of Operation Enduring Freedom, this transmitter is inexpensive and effective.

“It has resulted in a savings of around 3,100%,” said Fix. “It would take 30-32 FM systems to cover the same area."

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I was thinking of picking up one of these portable radios for my father who used to be way into radio stuff. I was just wondering, do most of these portable radios have a Line Out that would allow someone to plug into external speakers or an audio interface for recording? I'm looking at the G3.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Skeletron posted:

I was thinking of picking up one of these portable radios for my father who used to be way into radio stuff. I was just wondering, do most of these portable radios have a Line Out that would allow someone to plug into external speakers or an audio interface for recording? I'm looking at the G3.

The higher end portables usually do. The G3 specially does yes.

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...

50 feet of speaker wire + empty gift wrap tube = win.

Radio Habana Cuba on 6050khz comes in loud in clear here in Alaska.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

comaerror posted:

That looks pretty awesome... I should try it

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!

comaerror posted:

How much does interference play a role in a antenna like this?

I'm looking for something a lot more portable/compact than my magnetic loop antenna.

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

ASSTASTIC posted:

How much does interference play a role in a antenna like this?

I'm looking for something a lot more portable/compact than my magnetic loop antenna.

Unfortunately, it picks up a lot of interference. If you did something similar with a wooden dowel and a base it'd probably be great for outdoor use.

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

Just sent out babby's first QSL report.

comaerror posted:

As salamu alaikum,

I have a QSL report for Radio Cairo El-Bernameg Al-Aam.

I picked up Radio Cairo on 9305 kHz at 03:05 UTC today, December 30, 2011.

Initially, the signal strength was between 9 dB and 10 dB. I only know a few phrases in Arabic, but the content of the broadcast sounded like a man reciting the Qur'an. At 03:16 UTC the signal began to fade to around 5 dB. At 03:21 UTC the content changed to a man speaking in a normal voice. At this time the signal began to drop below 5 dB. At 03:25 UTC the recitation continued. The signal became weak and overcome by interference at 03:28 UTC and I could not hear it at all by 03:30 UTC.

My receiver is a Grundig Satellit 750 using 30 meters of thin copper speaker wire as an antenna. The antenna is run along the inside roof of my house.

If you send out QSL cards, I was listening from the address below: <my address here>

I'm listening in from Alaska. :v:

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

God drat, I'm getting a really strong signal right now on 9840 khz that's nothing but a modulating beep repeating over and over.

edit: nevermind... Voice of Russia world service just popped on.

edit2: Oh neat, they're talking about traditional Siberian marriage traditions, shamanism, food, etc. Man, shortwave owns.

cerror fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 30, 2011

ASSTASTIC
Apr 27, 2003

Hey Gusy!

comaerror posted:

God drat, I'm getting a really strong signal right now on 9840 khz that's nothing but a modulating beep repeating over and over.

edit: nevermind... Voice of Russia world service just popped on.

edit2: Oh neat, they're talking about traditional Siberian marriage traditions, shamanism, food, etc. Man, shortwave owns.

I really wish I lived farther away from the city sometimes :(

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

Just completed babby's first mag loop.

edit: This thing is amazing at cutting out local interference. Unfortunately, it's kind of a pain in the rear end how directional it is. This might be fun for dicking around outside on nice days though. In the meantime, for general listening, I think I'm going to make an outdoor version of the coiled wire antenna using PVC, aluminum plate, etc. and just mount it on the roof and ground it to the water pipes. Come summer, I'll install an actual grounding rod. The ground is frozen now, so it'll be a few months.

cerror fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 31, 2011

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

quote:

Scandinavian Weekend Radio–catch it on shortwave
Posted on January 2, 2012 by Thomas
SWR (Scandinavian Weekend Radio) is one hip shortwave broadcaster–they’re grass-roots, people-driven and format-free. SWR has been on the air since 2000 and they were, at the time, Scandinavia’s first and only privately owned shortwave radio station.

SWR is not an easy catch for those of us outside of Europe, but with propagation better than it has been in the past few years, it certainly makes for fun DX.

When can you catch SWR? They typically broadcast on the first Saturday of every month for 24 hours, starting 2:00 UTC.

They are scheduled to operate on the following dates:

January 13th-14th 2012
February 3rd-4th 2012
March 2nd-3rd 2012

You’ll find SWR on the following shortwave frequencies: 11,720 kHz, 11,690 kHz, 5,980 kHz and 6,170 kHz.

Let us know if you hear them! We’d like to thank Alokesh Gupta for the tip.
Something to listen for this coming weekend.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Hi guys. I'm dangerously close to a G6 as a starter to this fine hobby:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Eton-Grundig-Aviator-G6-FM-AM-Aircraft-Band-Shortwave-Portable-Radio-/130625156306

I live in Australia - what will I need to make sure the power supply works with our power system?

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

neurotech posted:

Hi guys. I'm dangerously close to a G6 as a starter to this fine hobby:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Eton-Grundig-Aviator-G6-FM-AM-Aircraft-Band-Shortwave-Portable-Radio-/130625156306

I live in Australia - what will I need to make sure the power supply works with our power system?

I'd just use batteries, they last a long time and won't introduce noise like a power supply can.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Radio Nowhere posted:

I'd just use batteries, they last a long time and won't introduce noise like a power supply can.

Cheers, thanks!

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Slight change of plan - I found a Degen DE1103 on eBay that is stocked in my city (Sydney). I have since ordered it and am now champing at the bit to get my teeth stuck into this thing.

Are there any tips/quirks/things I should be aware of with the 1103?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Does anyone know if there's a thing which can tell me whether I'd get shortwave reception, I live in a valley and the hills around here are pretty tall. I know some stuff bounces off the ionosphere but I'm not sure what kind of angle or direction it comes from.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

neurotech posted:

If you didn't read already the tuning knob is also the volume knob, pretty annoying. Otherwise great sensitive cheap radio.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Crankit posted:

Does anyone know if there's a thing which can tell me whether I'd get shortwave reception, I live in a valley and the hills around here are pretty tall. I know some stuff bounces off the ionosphere but I'm not sure what kind of angle or direction it comes from.
All shortwave signals bounce off of the ionosphere, and they come in at all sorts of headings and angles. If you really want to find out without buying a radio you could find an amateur radio operator that lives in your valley and ask them how well HF works.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Are there any active IRC channels for radio? #shortwave on synirc is empty :(

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

neurotech posted:

Are there any active IRC channels for radio? #shortwave on synirc is empty :(

freenode has one called #priyom that has a number stations focus but they talk anything shortwave related.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Radio Nowhere posted:

freenode has one called #priyom that has a number stations focus but they talk anything shortwave related.

Thanks mate! These guys are really helping me out.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Radio Nowhere posted:

This is cool, i need a little fix of radiochat now and then. Thanks for mentioning.

---

Currently in the process of putting up a full wave 80m loop antenna. I have four trees I'm using, and I am going to make my own balanced open wire feed line for it out of fence wire and PVC pipe. Should be tedious but interesting. I got most of the ropes run for the loop so far; waiting for spring deals on fence wire.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 20, 2012

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

A powerful coronal mass ejection is currently smacking the Earth.

Edit: I can't wait to listen to sun barf tonight!

cerror fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 24, 2012

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish
It's been ages since I visited this thread. One of the guys who has recently come back to work for us, and is a huge radio nut, wrote down a bunch of frequencies for me to try.

So I pulled my Degen out and put the longwire antenna back up. At the moment I'm having a bit of fun scanning the side band, picked up a few morse code transmissions so far.

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish

neurotech posted:

Slight change of plan - I found a Degen DE1103 on eBay that is stocked in my city (Sydney). I have since ordered it and am now champing at the bit to get my teeth stuck into this thing.

I own a Degen 1103 and I'm in Melbourne. It's a bit strange to tune, when reach the top of a band you use the number buttons to jump to the next band. If you don't keep batteries in it, it will default to its default volume of 40 which is really loud. It's a nice radio though, for me it came with a power pack, a longwire antenna and the radio. I've had mine for a few years now and the backlights on the screen have gone a bit funny but it still works fine.

You can get Radio NZ pretty clearly and there's all sorts of stuff coming out of China and Indonesia in the evening. My housemate and I were listening during the big Chinese earthquake a few years back and it was just wall to wall coverage across all the Chinese shortwave stations.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Cynicide posted:

I own a Degen 1103 and I'm in Melbourne.

Cheers. Thanks mate

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

quote:

New HF shortwave radio station sign on the air
Posted by Administrator (admin) on Feb 09 2012

YOU ARE INVITED TO SHARE THE MAGIC OF HF BROADCASTING AND AMATEUR RADIO TO A WORLD WIDE LISTENING AUDIENCE.

YOU ARE INVITED TO CALL IN AND SHARE WITH A HUGE GLOBAL RADIO AUDIENCE.

WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT AMATEUR RADIO

YOUR FAVORITE MODES KHZ

YOUR LOCAL AMATEUR RADIO CLUB AND ITS ACTIVITIES

YOUR PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN AMATEUR RADIO THIS SATURDAY Feb 11 at 4 PM CENTRAL

FROM 4 – 6 PM / 2200 - 2400 UTC THE FREQUENCY IS 9990 KHZ

FROM 6 – 10 PM / 2400 - 0400 UTC THE FREQUENCY IS 5085 KHZ

THE CALL IN NUMBER IS 615-547-9520

It is not very often that you can hear a new HF shortwave radio station sign on the air. WTWW a new International Shortwave Radio facility just outside of Nashville, TN is launching a new transmitter this Saturday with a broadcast we are calling “This Is Only A Test” starting at 4 pm Central Standard Time. This is a 100,000 watt transmitter running into a full size rhombic antenna.

This is a global radio event with radios being tuned in all over the world.

The QSO radio show has requested that we could air this broadcast as a amateur radio event to promote amateur radio along with shortwave listening. Why? Well, the shortwave listening audience is huge.

The typical shortwave radio listener is a great potential candidate for amateur radio.

There are more than 1.5 billion shortwave receivers in use worldwide, the BBC estimates that at any given moment, over 200 million sets are tuned to shortwave broadcasts.

This is the second time WTWW has allowed us to conduct this kind of broadcast on a powerful new shortwave facility.

The purpose of this broadcast is to demonstrate HF communications and to put radio amateurs on the air to a worldwide audience to tell their story.

This is not a commercial venture in any way.

So spread the word to all of your amateur radio friends and call us on Saturday on “This Is Only A Test” and talk to the world about Amateur Radio!

Thanks and 73

Ted Randall

QSO Radio Show

http://www.qsoradioshow.com
(4 P.M. Central is 2200 UTC)

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

nmfree posted:

(4 P.M. Central is 2200 UTC)

Too bad this station is now another Brother Scare Stair feed, so this makes like 4 of them on shortwave? I guess he has his entertainment value, I sometimes use his raspy staccato to fall asleep. For those interested his insanity can be found nightly on 3085, 7490, 5890 and now 5085 KHz. His crap is offered on a webfeed too but I imagine a crystal clear Stair would give one a aneurysm.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Radio Nowhere posted:

Too bad this station is now another Brother Scare Stair feed, so this makes like 4 of them on shortwave? I guess he has his entertainment value, I sometimes use his raspy staccato to fall asleep. For those interested his insanity can be found nightly on 3085, 7490, 5890 and now 5085 KHz. His crap is offered on a webfeed too but I imagine a crystal clear Stair would give one a aneurysm.
I turned my radio on a night or two later and 5085 was still tuned in, and I was very disappointed to hear that crap. At least Radio Rebelde is still there at 5025.

Also, Brother :stare: actually makes *less* sense in crystal clear audio, so I'd still recommend listening in shortwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstra
May 21, 2002

If anyone needs one of those small tunable MW loop antennas, Radio Shack has the Grundig AN200 (made by Eton) on clearance for $14.99.

They are in-store only, so call before you drive out of your way. Part number is 200-0440.

• Locked thread