Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
This is what happens when you start talking about Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax during APB.

We're Team Pandamonium :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
None of those pandas look the slightest bit sad :colbert:

Also, paint all your cars to look like bamboo.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
I just decided to try this game out. Is there any way to get a permanent gun other than using actual money? It seems like having to rebuy your weapons every 10 days would be annoying.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Morshu posted:

I just decided to try this game out. Is there any way to get a permanent gun other than using actual money? It seems like having to rebuy your weapons every 10 days would be annoying.

Generally, when you find a weapon that works for you, you'll recoup more money than you ever spent on that weapon (Especially with premium). It's only really annoying when you stop playing for a while and log in to find all your weapons have expired, but if you're playing regularly you can generally make back what you paid for your weapon in around three or so good matches.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
the retail box comes with premium, g1 credits a permanent primary of your choice and a permanent secondary. very worth the $30 if you think you're going to be playing this game for more than a couple months.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
Pro-gamers such as us help make lame baby streams awesome. #ownedbysomethinglawful #massivelysucks

The stream isn't uploaded yet so for those of you that missed it just hold on to your pants. It's right here! My favorite part is when her game crashes.

I'm the pink gay cowboy. :smug:

An Unoriginal Name fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 20, 2012

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
That's me at 7:00. :v:

TerminalSaint fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 20, 2012

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
I'm the chick dressed as a NJ State Trooper.

I also won a 7 day lease 3 slot Ntech.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss
Well I gave it a try and convinced a friend to join me. Lots of laughs were had, but after a night filled with us day-one noobs being matched against golds and people doing 180 snap lockons, my friend says he's had enough. Losing 3v1s is pretty demoralizing.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fallout posted:

Well I gave it a try and convinced a friend to join me. Lots of laughs were had, but after a night filled with us day-one noobs being matched against golds and people doing 180 snap lockons, my friend says he's had enough. Losing 3v1s is pretty demoralizing.

Go back to the OP section about you dying a lot. It will happen. <3

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Fallout posted:

Don't worry, you'll be back. You can't walk away from APB: Reloaded without a few scratches and bruises. It knows where you live.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
I am the one in the pink truck.

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Pro-gamers such as us help make lame baby streams awesome. #ownedbysomethinglawful #massivelysucks

The stream isn't uploaded yet so for those of you that missed it just hold on to your pants. It's right here! My favorite part is when her game crashes.

I'm the pink gay cowboy. :smug:
This is the best thing ever.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
My fave part was wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah~ for like half her screentime. Good job An Unoriginal Name!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
When you purchase a time limited item, does the time freeze when you're offline?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dizz posted:

When you purchase a time limited item, does the time freeze when you're offline?

Nope, realtime based.

I wish they'd change it to like a day or two of ingame time, instead of 10days realtime.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss

Songbearer posted:

Don't worry, you'll be back. You can't walk away from APB: Reloaded without a few scratches and bruises. It knows where you live.

Well I never said -I- was done, but I do gotta ask for some newbie advice. What are some recommended contacts to max out asap? Which unlocks should I be aiming for? I'm thinking about using some LTL for quicker cash, is this a bad idea for someone who's so new?

Vinigre
Feb 18, 2011

Prepare your bladder for imminent release!

Fallout posted:

Well I never said -I- was done, but I do gotta ask for some newbie advice. What are some recommended contacts to max out asap? Which unlocks should I be aiming for? I'm thinking about using some LTL for quicker cash, is this a bad idea for someone who's so new?

http://www.apbrwiki.com/wiki/Praetorians
http://www.apbrwiki.com/wiki/Prentiss_Tigers

Both enforcer organizations have two tracks for contact progression. The tracks starting with Ty Durrant and Chung-Hee unlock special weapons with fixed modifications and character mods, and the tracks starting with Eva Orlandez and Violet Prentiss unlock better vehicles, vehicle parts, and vehicle modifications. Both contacts will unlock certain clothing, which is only a matter of taste anyways. The two links I gave you show you the major things you unlock with each level of each contact.

It is important to know that you can also unlock better weapons, which can be fitted with any modification, simply by getting kills with those weapon types. You also unlock the weapon modifications this way.

If there's any unlocks to specifically aim for in terms of contacts, I'd recommend the blood clotting and happy landings mods, which are on the Chung-Hee track.

As for LTL, I'd wait until you're sure of your abilities before trying it, since one-on-one, lethal will pretty much always win over LTL.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Yes, LTL is a very difficult thing to use altogether.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Fallout posted:

LTL depends entirely on how happy you are to be abused. If you stick with it and get good you'll reap the rewards, so it might be a good idea to start now if you're really, really keen on doing it because you'll have no frame of reference on how much easier just straight up shooting people is compared to LTL.

In its current state, though, you're taking APB's vertical difficulty curve and attempting to climb it after covering yourself in grease. It's not very viable unless you're absolutely dedicated (And can rely on your teammates not to get pissed and kick you/gently caress it up by killing your targets)

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
LTL is only doable if you decide you don't want to win. Your new goal is get one arrest a match. That is your goal with less than lethal. You will not win so lower your sights.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Sion posted:

LTL is only doable if you decide you don't want to win. Your new goal is get one arrest a match. That is your goal with less than lethal. You will not win so lower your sights.

Hey now, when I used to play we would get rounds with like 40+ arrests and more VoIP hilarity than you can shake a stick at. We did of course use shady matchmaking techniques to achieve our goals but we don't talk about that.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

I've got another newbie question. Is there any way to add mod slots to weapons? I wanna add some to the rifle you start with.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

When you level up rifleman by killing people with rifles you will eventually unlock rifles with slots you can put your own mods in. I hate the star but I think hunting sights could work on it and cooling jackets. Cooling jackets work on everything really.

I guess I have my own question. What stuff can you send through the email system? I want to make life easier on my alt by having such poo poo like clotting 3 but that wont seem to send.

Also can we make the market for mods easier for ourselves? Like if one of you have pointman whatever it takes to get reflex sights 3 could I buy them off you for whatever the normal vendor price is? If that's the case I can buy people cooling jackets 2 and reflex sights 2. I find those both make a big difference on the oca and the jg.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 21, 2012

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Goofballs posted:

When you level up rifleman by killing people with rifles you will eventually unlock rifles with slots you can put your own mods in. I hate the star but I think hunting sights could work on it and cooling jackets. Cooling jackets work on everything really.

I see. I was mainly hoping to upgrade the starting rifle since it's permanent. If this game ends up keeping me occupied long term I might just bite the bullet and buy a retail copy since you get some bonuses.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Honestly buying the guns for a ten day period is not a big deal at all if you are going to be playing regularly. You will make more than enough money to buy whatever from missions and then plenty extra for experimentation.

It only gets more cumbersome when you want the high level mods but those are permanent.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Honestly buying the guns for a ten day period is not a big deal at all if you are going to be playing regularly. You will make more than enough money to buy whatever from missions and then plenty extra for experimentation.

It only gets more cumbersome when you want the high level mods but those are permanent.

I know it's not a big deal. I just find it irrationally annoying. :argh:

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

Songbearer posted:

LTL depends entirely on how happy you are to be abused. If you stick with it and get good you'll reap the rewards, so it might be a good idea to start now if you're really, really keen on doing it because you'll have no frame of reference on how much easier just straight up shooting people is compared to LTL.

In its current state, though, you're taking APB's vertical difficulty curve and attempting to climb it after covering yourself in grease. It's not very viable unless you're absolutely dedicated (And can rely on your teammates not to get pissed and kick you/gently caress it up by killing your targets)

I started LtL quite early in my APB game, so ontop of being fairly new it was a struggle and I was lucky if I was on par (there were times I did better than lethal enforcers!). I fell down to bronze once and quickly got back up to silver. But, I enjoyed the challenge.

I recently achieved cop rank 9 (more silly lights for my car!), and I decided to take a break and actually try out the other guns that I was missing out on. I did -insanely- better with a lethal weapon, easily a 4-5:1 K/D ratio. Of all the random guns I played with, I enjoyed the Joker Carbine SR15. LtL teaches you to play smart, pick your battles, and flank criminals because 9 times outta 10 you'll lose against a head on fight as LtL. But, I'm afraid to be bumped up to gold since I'd be playing against people who were insanely good and hackers.

I'm enjoying my safe, comfortable silver rank niche. :ohdear:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Edward_Lapine posted:

I recently achieved cop rank 9 (more silly lights for my car!), and I decided to take a break and actually try out the other guns that I was missing out on. I did -insanely- better with a lethal weapon, easily a 4-5:1 K/D ratio.

You have no idea how jealous the lights thing makes me. I have a bunch of cars that just don't look right with a full array of lights, they cover up parts of the paintjob I'd rather have visible. If I do the siren trick where you remove the top sirens but still keep the front end ones so you can still have a siren the car seems too empty, but I'm not willing to go LTL to get those tiny tiny lights.

Out of just over 6000 kills on my main character, 6 of those are arrests. Only 6. In ye olde RTW APB, I had entire montages of my arrests.

I can easily see how getting good with LTL would make you a complete monster with lethal weapons, though, in the same way that learning to beat someone to death in seconds just using a giant foam glove would make you amazing when you actually go and use your fists.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I got to Cop 10 and gave up.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
You can now buy 90 and 180 day premiums for about $22 and $32 respectively, premium discount included. These are pretty substantial money-savers if you know you'll be playing for the next couple months.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

STAR 556 'LCR' PR1 (Permanent) - 1799 G1C
STAR 556 'LCR' PR2 (Permanent) - 1499 G1C

Nice job on the pricing, G1.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.
WildZeo aka Filzee did something to increase the sadness of our panda costumes:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Just another day in San Paro.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Anyone tried getting some free G1C here?
I installed a few things but (unsurprisingly) most of them havent paid out.

Ended up with a pile of spyware though. :v:

Maybe Im doing them wrong. Or maybe they know I put all their ads on a virtual machine I have no intention of using.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Most thought that I lived in the wrong country, I had no spare SIM card for my spare phone to setup as a spambot for others. If I had a spare install I would have just said fuckit, gone VPN and let the spyware come on in.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Meis posted:

Just another day in San Paro.

It's a land shark!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Kid made himself the finest ride in all'a Caelondia.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 23, 2012

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

This is just ridiculous. So, after having my account blocked for bullshit reasons and never getting anything but automated replies, I reformatted my PC and made a new account.

Fastforward to last night, I spent a fair amount of cash in the marketplace and buy some weapons, try out the scout for one mission (it owns) then go to sleep.

Wake up this morning and my account is blocked. What the gently caress G1. WHAT THE gently caress?!

Waiting for an automated loving reply to tell me what I didn't do this time. So mad.

e; Could be due to the fact that while making PayPay disputes over my first account I accidently made a dispute over some earlier money I spent on this account. Closed it and hopefully that's the reason why my account is blocked.

tradjik fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Generally speaking, game companies frown on paypal disputes over automated game purchases. So I would say probably.

• Locked thread