Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I'm also wondering how to save the 5.0.1 SHSH/Apticket, etc.

Has anybody used iFaith to downgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0 and have it work?

Is there a better way to protect the 5.0.1 JB so I can always downgrade on my 4S?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I'm pretty sure downgrading on 5.0+ can't be done now, IE 5.0.1 to 5.0 or soon, 5.1 to 5.0.1. The Dev team said to save SHSHs via TU anyways in case they get it to work in the future.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
And greenpois0n is down already. :negative:

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Drat. I just noticed that iFaith doesn't work for A5 devices.

Hopefully the dev team figures out a way to downgrade using the SHSH blobs. I'm going to donate because these guys really do work hard at this stuff...

mewse
May 2, 2006

coldplay chiptunes posted:

And greenpois0n is down already. :negative:

is it a torrent? how is it 2012 and we still have crashing download sites

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
It's up it's just getting hammered.

In other news, that was extremely painless. Bite SMS here I come! :dance:

EDIT: Fair warning the final step on the jailbreak requires an injection from their website (I think) and when you click on the icon you might get a database error (because the site is getting hammered) but keep trying.

coldplay chiptunes fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 20, 2012

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.
Yeah, I can access the site again, but it's slow. Still waiting on the Windows version to release, though.

edit: Ok, now the site really is down. I've been getting 'Database Error' for the last 45min.

bazaar apparatus fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 20, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm in a work meeting but even though the message earlier that said it was coming in a few hours specifically referred to iPhone, this is for iPad 2 as well, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh loving awesome. I'll be flying all day but I now have something to do when I get back home.

:qq: GV SMS/Phone Extensions I'll be home soon :qq:

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...
For those of you having issues with the app loading to finish the Jailbreak, go to Settings and turn on VPN and wait. :)

mewse
May 2, 2006

Xenomorph posted:

I donated $10 earlier today to the Dev Team working on this. I recommend others do the same. That poo poo be crazy what they do, so they deserve more love.

just did this, it goes to saurik and they've agreed on shares for how it will be distributed to the team.

i really hope paypal doesn't freeze the drat account :ohdear:

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!
Ultrasn0w has it too: http://www.ultrasn0w.ca/2012/01/download-greenpois0n-absinthe-v0121.html

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Eww the new BiteSMS looks gross. Hopefully I can change it to the classic skin. :ohdear:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Eww the new BiteSMS looks gross. Hopefully I can change it to the classic skin. :ohdear:

If you find out how, please share. I've hated the way it looked since I rejailbroke my 4 two weeks ago.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I just went through and set everything up and there doesn't appear to be an option. Maybe I'll say something to the dev about it. :(

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Xenomorph posted:

I donated $10 earlier today to the Dev Team working on this. I recommend others do the same. That poo poo be crazy what they do, so they deserve more love.

Same here, gonna donate some when I get home. I hardly donate for anything but its awesome how all of them got together and worked to pull this jailbreak off.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Well, I'm running the program now. I hope the fact that greenpois0n.com is down won't make this screw up. :ohdear:

Edit:
Yeah, whoops. The final step is to load greenpois0n.com from the device.

Xenomorph fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 20, 2012

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

mewse posted:

i really hope paypal doesn't freeze the drat account :ohdear:
It's kind of stupid for them to be using PayPal to be honest, everybody knows how much they love to shut accounts down and it's only a matter of time before they decide it's 'hacking / criminal activities / international terrorism' and shutter the account.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Does BiteSms currently integrate with Notifications & Notification Center?

mewse
May 2, 2006

TACD posted:

It's kind of stupid for them to be using PayPal to be honest, everybody knows how much they love to shut accounts down and it's only a matter of time before they decide it's 'hacking / criminal activities / international terrorism' and shutter the account.

definitely. presumably they're only comfortable with it because saurik already receives cydia app purchases through that paypal account.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Feenix posted:

Yes

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Feenix posted:

Yes, it's kind of tricky. In the Quick Reply settings, I have for Alert Style to "Use Apple Settings" and for In Notification Center to "Open Quick Reply", then further down under Lock Screen I have "Auto Show Quick Reply" turned off.

You'll get the text message and it'll look like default for iOS 5, but when you swipe to open, the Quick Reply box will show up instead. Also, if you put the notification center down and tap the text message, that will open Quick Reply.

Side note: if you go into "more stuff" you can change the icon to the default messages icon and hide the messages app completely.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Cool. Their server is down, the IRC server is full, and no updates in over 30 minutes on Twitter. I guess I should have waited until 4AM sometime next week to do this.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...

Xenomorph posted:

Cool. Their server is down, the IRC server is full, and no updates in over 30 minutes on Twitter. I guess I should have waited until 4AM sometime next week to do this.

Since everyone with problems is missing this:

Go to settings after running Absinthe
Turn on VPN
Get Error
Wait for Reboot
Enjoy Jailbreak.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010
Download links are getting hammered. This one worked for me:

http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/absinthe-mac-0.1.2-1.zip

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Don't you still need to go to the site on the device to activate the jailbreak?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

NerdsMcGee posted:

Since everyone with problems is missing this:

Go to settings after running Absinthe
Turn on VPN
Get Error
Wait for Reboot
Enjoy Jailbreak.

Yeah, that didn't work.

I do have about a dozen VPN profiles. It was just posted that perhaps I need to delete all of those first.

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010

BlackMK4 posted:

Don't you still need to go to the site on the device to activate the jailbreak?

This jailbreak is different from the last one. You need to download a Mac OS app, connect your device to your Mac and run the app.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
OK, it worked after deleting all my VPN accounts. Once Absinthe was the only VPN account, it then rebooted and installed Cydia.

Yay! Cydia on my 4S!! ^_________^

Oh this poo poo is so sweet. I joined the 4S to my Cydia account and loaded Barrel, MyWi, 3G Unrestrictor, Cyntact, etc.

Wait a minute, MyWi on a friend's iPhone 4 uses WPA2. MyWi on both my 3GS and 4S only have WEP. What's up with that?

Xenomorph fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 20, 2012

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Xenomorph posted:

OK, it worked after deleting all my VPN accounts. Once Absinthe was the only VPN account, it then rebooted and installed Cydia.

Yay! Cydia on my 4S!! ^_________^

Oh this poo poo is so sweet. I joined the 4S to my Cydia account and loaded Barrel, MyWi, 3G Unrestrictor, Cyntact, etc.

Wait a minute, MyWi on a friend's iPhone 4 uses WPA2. MyWi on both my 3GS and 4S only have WEP. What's up with that?

Do you have the latest version from the official repository? It's only supported WPA2 for a few months i think? Half a year maybe?

edit: You have to pay AGAIN to upgrade MyWi, if you weren't aware.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Xenomorph posted:

Are you new to the JB rodeo?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

ddogflex posted:

Do you have the latest version from the official repository? It's only supported WPA2 for a few months i think? Half a year maybe?

edit: You have to pay AGAIN to upgrade MyWi, if you weren't aware.

It looks like MyWi only enables WPA2 if it detects the iPhone 4. I'm sure it will get updated to allow it on the 4S as well.

Also, SBSettings lets me disable 3G on the 4S! No need to wait for iOS 5.1!

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Just to be sure, Absinthe is only for Mac right? Meaning Windows/Linux is going to have to wait?

SBSettings is so close yet so far...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

IncendiaC posted:

Just to be sure, Absinthe is only for Mac right? Meaning Windows/Linux is going to have to wait?

SBSettings is so close yet so far...

Go to Best Buy or something and use their demo computers. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

futurebot 2000 posted:

This jailbreak is different from the last one. You need to download a Mac OS app, connect your device to your Mac and run the app.

You still need to get to the website for it to finish. I'm sitting here with my 4S trying to get it to load.

edit: Woo. Got it.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 20, 2012

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

EDIT: Fair warning the final step on the jailbreak requires an injection from their website (I think) and when you click on the icon you might get a database error (because the site is getting hammered) but keep trying.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Anyone try it on an iPad 2?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

What's the word on having to save SHSH blobs on 5.0.1? This will be my first jailbreak and I've heard people saying to do it in here, and I've also seen a couple people mentioning that it doesn't have to be done anymore as of iOS5. Got asked at least once in the past couple pages and nobody seems to have replied to it. I downloaded tinyumbrella yesterday and it didn't seem to be able to save them at all. I'm guessing if it works it's done after the jailbreak? The site doesn't really specify how to use it just mentions different settings and a brief overview of what it does.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Frinkahedron posted:

Anyone try it on an iPad 2?

I want to try it but:

A. I am worried I'll have worse battery life. I'm on 4.3.3 and I get stellar battery life. I've gone several weekends out of town without even needing to use the charger.

B. I have so much poo poo I need to backup before I have to start from nothing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedHasSandles
Mar 24, 2008

Woah dudes!
I'm trying to replace the push notification sound for the Meebo app, but I can't find the correct sound to replace. I can replace the in-app sound by replacing recv.caf in the application folder and I've replaced the tritone and voicemail sounds in system/Library/Audio/UISounds but the app still plays tritone when I get a push notification for it.

Am I missing something?

• Locked thread