Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Okay offtopic post, but it has been bugging me, where do Talorat, and dumb brunette's avatars come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like the Gunnerkrigg Avatar-thon is paying dividends. Head over to the Gunnerkrigg thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351001

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Gunnerkrigg Court, another very good webcomic in a more traditional format. There's a thread for it here, somebody's been playing avatar fairy over there.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I had to buy my Gunnerkriggtar myself :(

It's okay though, I don't hate anyone for it :)

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

But with all these gunnerkriggtar court avatars how will we get a full MSPA page? :ohdear:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Fat_Cow posted:

But with all these gunnerkriggtar court avatars how will we get a full MSPA page? :ohdear:

Not with me and my silly ol' ace of spades, that's for sure, unless you want to count it as troll romance.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

graybook posted:

Not with me and my silly ol' ace of spades, that's for sure, unless you want to count it as troll romance.

Or the best midnight crew character.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Fat_Cow posted:

Surely that was done back when people were making dozens of them. I think the goal now is a full Gunnerkrigg page.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

We never got our full page. I think the closest we ever got was right before the ponytar shenanigans started.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It's the journey, not the destination.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Speaking of avatars, does anyone want to make a Calmasis avatar so I can be the greatest of animes?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I... think this is done? I'm not sure. I still have a few weeks to work on it but I don't really know where else to go with it.

Edit: Changed the link to a more up to date one.

Edit2: I don't know why I did this

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 19, 2012

Jewel
May 2, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I... think this is done? I'm not sure. I still have a few weeks to work on it but I don't really know where else to go with it.

Edit: Changed the link to a more up to date one.

Edit2: I don't know why I did this

Huh. The melody reminds me of the Zelda: Skyward Sword theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1vFESbfZk

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Saradiart posted:

Speaking of avatars, does anyone want to make a Calmasis avatar so I can be the greatest of animes?

Take your pick:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

tinaun posted:

Take your pick:

Is there much of a difference between the last two? I see a decrease in filesize of the latter, but that's about it on the surface.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
One has a grey border, the other a black one.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ah, gotcha. I focused on the main part. Silly me.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
I almost want to get a calendar now that they have random signings on them, but knowing my luck that wouldn't be the case for me. Also its a shame that there wont be any book signings for a few weeks D:

...and this might also be the longest this topic has gone without a post. Was a new thread made and no link given? >.>

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

_Endgame_ posted:

I almost want to get a calendar now that they have random signings on them, but knowing my luck that wouldn't be the case for me. Also its a shame that there wont be any book signings for a few weeks D:

I bought one, since I've wanted one for some time and they just now got restocked. Not banking on getting a signed copy though.

_Endgame_ posted:

...and this might also be the longest this topic has gone without a post. Was a new thread made and no link given? >.>

There have been no updates since Hussie posted the blackout comic Tuesday night.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Regarding which: Until inevitably proven otherwise, I'm going to just assume Rose stocks the house with bottle upon bottle of drugged liquor in order to make sure Roxy does the necessary amount of dreaming before the game.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

From what Roxy said, I'm assuming Mom-Rose actually doesn't know about Roxy's alcoholism because of her Void powers interfering. And Roxy assumes she is just ignoring/indulging her because she should know everything :ohdear:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

SynthOrange posted:

Looks like the Gunnerkrigg Avatar-thon is paying dividends. Head over to the Gunnerkrigg thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351001
Thanks for this, it helped fill the void that was the last two Homestuck-free days.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I got my autographed sticker thing so now my homestuck book feels complete. Glad I made a complaint, and it arrived quicker than the book as well. Then again, I suppose a sticker is easier to get through HM Customs than a book. :rolleyes:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

FaceTime posted:

I got my autographed sticker thing so now my homestuck book feels complete. Glad I made a complaint, and it arrived quicker than the book as well. Then again, I suppose a sticker is easier to get through HM Customs than a book. :rolleyes:

What was your delivery time anyways? I ordered a book yesterday and I'm curious just how long it will take to get from the north American Scotland to the British Scotland.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So there's a new [s] update on the site but it keeps hanging at 11% whenever I try to load it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Oh my god that flash I know Dreambubbles but what the fuckkk

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Oh my god. OH GOD.

God Tier Karkat spotted.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Knight of Blood godtier. :aaaaa:

Hussie has already hinted to so much poo poo happening in Act 6 that I see no way it can possibly be any shorter than act 5.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Oh my god. OH GOD.

God Tier Karkat spotted.

Yeah, I didn't know what the gently caress that was supposed to symbolize.

Was that a hint to the future, a 'vision of what might have been' or a super-brief look at pre-scratch Trolls?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It might've just been Nepeta's fantasy of Karkat as her super duper purrfect kniight. :swoon:

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Hahahaha

Equius and Nepeta are in their ideal realities, I think. Or at least Equius is, what with the two robo-Aradias.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well that must have been quite disconcerting for the both of them.

And clearly the meteor kids are keeping busy during their jaunt past the dream bubbles!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So I guess during their journey the trolls and kids are just hangin' around in dream bubbles? Everyone we saw was either a dead troll or one of the ones on the asteroid, i.e. not John and Jade.

Though I don't know how that explains God Tier Karkat.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

What the gently caress just happened :stare:

No seriously what

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, I didn't know what the gently caress that was supposed to symbolize.

Was that a hint to the future, a 'vision of what might have been' or a super-brief look at pre-scratch Trolls?

I'm thinking this is all visions of the future.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

YF-23 posted:

Knight of Blood godtier. :aaaaa:

Hussie has already hinted to so much poo poo happening in Act 6 that I see no way it can possibly be any shorter than act 5.

Yeah, on one of his tumblr ask sessions he said that it could get pretty close to Act 5 in length.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Even In Death yay! I'm so glad some of my favorite tracks from Vol 8 are getting featured.

I really liked the imagery of all of the lands and planets and stuff bleeding into one another. gently caress if I know what it means, though.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

I'm thinking this is all visions of the future.

Except that the two of them were on LOLCAT, Nepeta's planet, which was destroyed by Jack quite a long time ago.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So I guess Roxy just wandered into a dreambubble huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bobulus posted:

Except that the two of them were on LOLCAT, Nepeta's planet, which was destroyed by Jack quite a long time ago.

Yes, I'm aware. I think Karkat's just in her dream bubble, though.