Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yeah, on one of his tumblr ask sessions he said that it could get pretty close to Act 5 in length.

Yeah I know I mean I already think there's no way he can get to his ideal estimate of "a nudge bit shorter than Act 5".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
If these are dreambubbles, theoretically that should be Rose thats basically hours away from the new session.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Was it just me or was Kidbro [spoiler]covered in blood[spoiler] near the start of that flash?

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 21, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Yes, I'm aware. I think Karkat's just in her dream bubble, though.

I forgot about Dreambubbles for a moment. :bang:

I really worry how Roxy's void ability is going to screw up Rose's "path to best possible outcome" powers.

Now that Rose has 'seen' Roxy, is she suddenly going to realize she has to change her plans to account for her?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

KoB posted:

If these are dreambubbles, theoretically that should be Rose thats basically hours away from the new session.

There is no reason that would be. You can even see in the end that she wakes up back on the asteroid.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

A Dapper Walrus posted:

Hahahaha

Equius and Nepeta are in their ideal realities, I think. Or at least Equius is, what with the two robo-Aradias.

If that's the case, then hopefully MSPA doesn't pull a Gurren-Lagann and force them to bust out. :ohdear:

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Was it just me or was Kidbro covered in blood near the start of that flash?

Yeah, pretty sure brodirk straight up murdered HB or DD.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Man, a lot of set up right there as per usual.
I don't think it's any surprise Karkat is sporting God Tier Pyjamas as I'm expecting all of team Meteor to have gone through some level of power up by the time poo poo gets real. Gotta keep your team levels balanced in these games if you want to do well after all.

It also seems Dirk's spying game has gone something short of smoothly. Did CD attempt another peanut based assassination?

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
If we're in a dream bubble, wouldn't Nepeta's eyes be blank?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Huh. Nepeta's got her eyes. Was-- was she wandering the dreambubbles before Jack showed her some stabs?

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Aw, there's a flash using Even in Death up and I can't watch it because I'm at work. Even in Death is pretty much my favorite track off Volume 7 :(

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
We'll probably see what happened to Dirk that led him to have blood on him once we can select him from the character select screen.

Also, looks like Derse doesn't have the prototyping towers either.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rhinoceraptor posted:

If we're in a dream bubble, wouldn't Nepeta's eyes be blank?

Going by the adventures of Vriska and beta-John, it might mean that Nepeta doesn't realize she's dead yet.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Thundarr posted:

Going by the adventures of Vriska and beta-John, it might mean that Nepeta doesn't realize she's dead yet.

But then here's another question: if she's in a LOLCAT dreambubble, why is she wearing the Derse dream uniform? Shouldn't she be wearing her clothes from the time she was there?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

But then here's another question: if she's in a LOLCAT dreambubble, why is she wearing the Derse dream uniform? Shouldn't she be wearing her clothes from the time she was there?

We caught her just as her memories were starting to return, hence the Derse duds. Lucky we missed the moment she recalled Gamzee killing her. That's gonna be an unpleasant moment.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MrBims posted:

There is no reason that would be. You can even see in the end that she wakes up back on the asteroid.

You mean the asteroid that they're riding back to the incipisphere? :confused: How does that refute what I said?

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So there's a new [s] update on the site but it keeps hanging at 11% whenever I try to load it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Belated on this, but for what it's worth, the flash at the end of the intermission did this for me. It would hang like it wasn't loading, but then after I let it sit for a while it would still complete and start running.

Hussie also said something about this because apparently he got a lot of complaints for that flash. That thing was: Try refreshing/clearing cache/etc., if that doesn't work come back later, also don't refresh over and over every second because that makes the problem worse instead of making it better.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Where are his wings! :mad:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

YggiDee posted:

Where are his wings! :mad:

Where were Vriska's wings on the meteor before the reveal? They're probably retractable or something. Either that or they're hilariously tiny. Or, third option: Only girls have wings?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I suddenly understand jack poo poo. Frankly everything there just raised more questions.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

KoB posted:

You mean the asteroid that they're riding back to the incipisphere? :confused: How does that refute what I said?

The dreambubble may be close to the new session, but since Rose was asleep, it didn't matter how close the meteor was.

I can't really think of a clear way to explain this.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

That was Rose's dreambubble. That is to say, we just saw the Seer of Light's dream.

Does that mean it's the absolute certain Alpha future? I believe so. If only because them being alive gives Hussie a chance to kill them again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
He'd be so angry if he had teeny wings to match his nubby horns. A mockery of a troll.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Where were Vriska's wings on the meteor before the reveal? They're probably retractable or something. Either that or they're hilariously tiny. Or, third option: Only girls have wings?

Well, the wings only seem to come out when Vriska is wearing the God Tier outfit, which is presumably why he brought that up. That said, I think sprite god tier trolls don't have wings, generally.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Well, the wings only seem to come out when Vriska is wearing the God Tier outfit, which is presumably why he brought that up. That said, I think sprite god tier trolls don't have wings, generally.

Counterpoint: http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006257

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Counterpoint: http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006257

...That would be why I said I think. v:shobon:v

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
And not a single Eridan to be found.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Roxy is the best kid holy poo poo

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Nepeta we saw in the flash is wearing the Derse robe, so it might just be the Nepeta that died as a result of being stabbed by Jack. Also, Karkat is also dead, and we know that there were many, many alternate timelines caused by Karkat's short sightedness -- it's entirely possible that he made it to God tier in one of them.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

Also, Karkat is also dead, and we know that there were many, many alternate timelines caused by Karkat's short sightedness -- it's entirely possible that he made it to God tier in one of them.

Yeah, I was just about to say that Andrew edited the flash and now Nepeta and Karkat's eyes are white.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Boneless Jogger posted:

Yeah, I was just about to say that Andrew edited the flash and now Nepeta and Karkat's eyes are white.
But them both being dead still raises questions. Perhaps easily answered questions, but still.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Huh. Why was God Tier Dave in the same dream bubble as Equius and two Robo-Aradias?

Also, dead God Tier Karkat and dead regular Nepeta in a dream bubble. Huh.

Oh, and Frigglish was somehow in Roxy's room on Derse.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Slime posted:

Huh. Why was God Tier Dave in the same dream bubble as Equius and two Robo-Aradias?

You can walk from one dreambubble to the other via shared memories and Dave has spoken to Equius before.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Walliard posted:

You can walk from one dreambubble to the other via shared memories and Dave has spoken to Equius before.

I don't think it even has to be shared memories, since Jade was able to show up to the Troll Dreambubble Exposition Party.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So.. Is that dream karkat with Nepeta?

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

e: nevermind, I am really slow.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Actually, forget asking how he God-Tier'd, there's all sorts of loopholes for that sort of thing. I want to know what the hell killed him. He must have done something pretty crazy.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

But them both being dead still raises questions. Perhaps easily answered questions, but still.

The most interesting thing? This means some version of Karkat achieved God Tier then died a heroic (or just!) death. I wonder how that went down.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Oh no Karkat :ohdear:

How the gently caress is he going to godtier AND die?

It better be a heroic death. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Reene posted:

Oh no Karkat :ohdear:

How the gently caress is he going to godtier AND die?

It better be a heroic death. :colbert:

I'm guessing it's some heretofore unseen Beta Karkat, which would fit with him cozying up with Nepeta in the afterlife - that ship gets to be some stripe of canon in the same way as, say, John/Vriska did, but isn't the like official sanctioned romantic pair-up for Karkat. (aka...OTP!)

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 21, 2012